It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything Equals Four

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
?ok?

you can rub a cat on a dogs arse and it'll smell like a dog... does that make it a four..
or does it just make it a cat that smells like a dog/... im confused...

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KATSUO

The whole point of this theory was just to prove that there are words that can be broken down into four. Also, according to history, The number four, has been around for a very long time:

"got this from a numerology site, ok so everything is four but is the supposed meaning of 4. to numerology

Four (4)
Four is the 4th dimension = time which is illusion.
Four is seen as the first solid number. Spatial in scheme or order in manifestation.
Static as opposed to the circular and the dynamic
Wholeness; totality; completion; solid
Earth; order
Rational - relativity and justice
Symbol of measurement
Foundation

The are four cardinal points; four seasons; four winds; four directions (as in North, South, East, West); four elements (Fire, Water, Air, Earth) in the western culture.

There are four sides to a square; four arms to a cross. There are four rivers to Paradise, that formed a cross (the Garden of Eden was said to be within the four rivers). Within Paradise were four infernal regions, seas, and sacred mountains. There are four watches of the night and day, quarters of the moon. There are four quarters to the earth. There are four tetramorphs. The Divine Quaternity is in direct contrast to the Trinity. Four is a symbolic number used throughout in the Old Testament. The quaternary can be depicted as the quatrefoil as well as the square and the cross.

Cultural References
Native American: As in other cultures, ceremonies and ritual acts are repeated in fours. The Native Amercican cultures have used the number 4 most frequently as in the four cardinal directions. The four winds are depicted by the symbol of the cross and by the symbol of the swastika. The swastika as some misbelieve was not created by Hitler. It was instead borrowed from the Native American and occult beliefs of which Hitler had great interests. Hitler derived his "insanity" of power from his misdirected interpretation and use of metaphysical principles. He used knowledge that his human consciousness couldn't possibly understand and the use of this knowledge for personal gain is part of the imbalance that creates the chaos and karma.

Buddhism: The Damba Tree of Life has four limbs and from its roots four sacred streams of Paradise that represent the the four boundless wishes of compassion, affection, love impartiality. It also represents the four directions of the heart as well.

Chinese Buddism: there are four celestial guardians of cardinal points are Mo-li Ch'ing, the East, with the jade ring and spear; Virupaksha, the West, the Far-gazer, with the four-stringed quitar; Virudhaka, the South, with the umbrella of choas and darkness and earthquakes; Vaisravenna, the North, with the whips, leopard-skin bag, snake and pearl.

Chinese: Four is the number of the Earth, symbolized by the square. There are four streams of immortality. Four is even an number. It is Yin in polarity.

Christian: Four is the number representing the body, with three representing the soul. Again we see the theme of the four rivers in Paradise. There are four Gospels, Evangelists, chef arch-angels, chef-devils, four Fathers of the Church, Great Prophets. There are four cardinal virtues--prudence, fortitude, justice, temperance. The are four winds from which the One Spirit is said to come. There are four horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Revelation: There four angels standing at the four corners of the Earth, holding back the four winds of the earth (Rev 7:1). The great multitude from every nation, tribe, people and language (four-fold description) - Rev 5:9 11:9 13:7 14:6 the four-fold description indicates that these people come from all over the earth. "

as mudercitydevil said earlier.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
In japan, 4 = shi OR yon(both 3 letters)
In japan, 3 = san (3 letters)
Tada, the holy number of three.

Now what? A lecture about the father, son and holy spirit?

[edit on 3/10/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

It's fascinating how many people want to debunk my theory. This is just a theory... by the way three =five, and five=four... Thank you, It equals four! horray

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhamende
Words have nothing to math.

Not necessarily, in many cultures there is a direct relationship between numbers and alphabet letters. A=1, B=2 etc...Cool thread, reminds me of that movie the number 23...Hope no one goes crazy over this

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cynical572

thanks, although, I was thinking about this, before I had even heard about the movie 23... but yeah, I guess it does remind me of that movie though... I doubt anyone will go crazy over it though, unless they try and figure something in english and find out that everything in the english dictionary breaks down to four.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Everything does not equal four!

The word I in Spanish "Yo" has "Dos(2)" letters

Dos(2) = Tres(3) = cuatro(4)

but 4 in Spanish has 5 letters so five is always equaled to five!

Everything in Spanish equals to 4 OR 5 not just 4!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

As I have said before. It doesn't matter what language. You break any language down with the English Numbers and EVERYTHING will equal four... Think about it, nothing you can find In any language will equall five, or three... Everything will always equal four... I have always used the english numbers when breaking things down.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Good observation. I still say everything equals 5/phi, to some extent.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Go forth and multiply fortuitous ones.

The forthcoming fourierism formation is upon us.

4 rocks.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Oooopppsss My above post was incorrect. It should have read:

(1)Uno=(3)Tres= FOUR LETTERS
(2)Dos=(3)Tres= FOUR LETTERS
(3)Tres=(4)Quatro=SIX LETTERS ( 6 = Seis = FOUR LETTERS )
(4)Quatro=(6)Seis = FOUR LETTERS
(5)Cinco=(5)Cinco = FIVE LETTERS

So in Spanish, no dice. Must have been the cervezas.

regards....kk

wrong, cinco=five...five= four (f.i.v.e.)

the chick is freaking me out. is she a redhead?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by icybreeze

, cinco=five...five= four (f.i.v.e.)

Sorry but cinco is the spanish word for the number five, not five..
so cinco has cinco letters not "five" letters

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s

, cinco=five...five= four (f.i.v.e.)

Sorry but cinco is the spanish word for the number five, not five..
so cinco has cinco letters not "five" letters

yeah but when translated into english...ahem..the only language that matters...it equals four...and the beat goes on...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   

yeah but when translated into english...ahem..the only language that matters

LMAO, better be careful saying that on this board.. watch out for the American hating Euro Trash, when they smell comments like that, they quickly slither from beneath their rocks..

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

yeah, i figured they weren't here because there wasn't any America bashing going on. so i felt safe...
BTW how do you like my stolen avatr?

[edit on 8-10-2007 by icybreeze]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   

BTW how do you like my stolen avatr?

haha, pretty cool.. i stole my avatar and my sig..
Like i have time or the patience to make animated gifs

and btw, like has been mentioned.. this is a neat trick but it is just a trick and its only made possible because the word four has four letters in it..
all youre doing is breaking down and manipulating the until the number four is hit..
Good way to win a bet or two in a bar bet though, or for us non-drinkers, a coffee house

[edit on 10/8/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I am actually a red head

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I started this post a long time ago, just to say something about the number four. and how every word that I have ever seen, I can break down into "four."

It is weird, I have been doing this since I was a little girl. Counting down, that is, I love letters, words, writing, reading. So on and So forth, which is why I like this Forum site, also it is why I figured out that Everything equals four. I love this type of stuff, It is just fascinating to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sharati

I'll have some of whatever you've been smoking please!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sharati
believe it or not everything does Equal four!

Okay, to start this thing off, the only reason I have this account is for this theory. My boyfriend kind of made me make it. My theory is, everything equals four. For instance, choose one word, Any word in the English dictionary, and it will be broken down into the number four. Here lets take for example:
ROSWELL

well Roswell has seven letters in it,

SEVEN

Seven, has five letters in it,

FIVE

Five, Has four in it,
and for all who can count they know that four has four letters in it. I have yet to find a word in ANY dictionary that does not equal four. So I what would probably be more acurate, the "world" equals four. Even in words that don't really even exist, like Supercalifragilisticexpyalidocious, that word that came from the childrens movie "mary Poppins" Can be broken down into four.

Supercalifragilisticexpyalidocious,

That equals thirty-three, by getting this I just added the letters in the word itself.

Thirty-three,

That equals Eleven, Wow, here we go, we are getting smaller and smaller.

Eleven,

Eleven has six in the word.

Six,

six has three, and just because the number of letters in the word got bigger doesn't mean that it still won't equal four. Just watch and learn.

Three,

Three has five letters in it, and we all know how many letters "five" has in it. There again, I have proven that, it doesn't matter how big or even small the word. Anything you choose I will make equal Four, there is no problem in that. As long as you can lount and you can spell correctly, you will inevitably come out the same answer all the time, which is four.

I have one word for you: On

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join