It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden IN surprise visit to Kyiv, Ukraine! pearl harbour?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Speaking as someone who knows very little and is very stupid, I have a hard time with the issue.

We can all agree that Russia invaded Ukraine.

But the west and US aid is not helping to stop or end the war.

It is prolonging it.

If we were to actually end the war, it would have to take the work of smart diplomats and some very brave military leaders.

But, ummm, we don't have that.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: LSU2018

If they weren't completely engaged with defending their country from Russia? Yeah, I think they'd sign up in a second to help us if we asked. That's how appreciative they are. But WTF do I know, I just post online and don't get out of my comfort zone.

They weren't completely engaged in defending their country from Russia in the late 2000's. If anything, after this is all over, maybe the Ukrainian government will allow their citizens to be armed so this doesn't potentially happen again. Meanwhile, the liberals over here will continue to cry about armed citizens as they complain about how unfair it was that Ukrainian citizens didn't know how to shoot firearms, when they were invaded, because they weren't allowed to own any (obviously not directed at you).

Here, my spoiled American ass - along with my wife's - is busy fighting inflation by working overtime to keep our extra income where it was before the economy fell apart. People in every big city around America are protesting, shooting people, and tearing sh** up. I'm not calling in and asking for help, I'm doing what I can to stay afloat. If what you've spoke about in the past is true then inflation and a crumbling economy hasn't hurt you like it has most of us.

You want to go into another warzone or 200? Go visit Shreveport, Baltimore, Chicago, the Southern border, LA, San Diego, Portland, NYC, etc. etc. etc... Count how many bullets fly past you there as opposed to how many flew past you in Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The only way to end it is either Putin bugs out or we go down the appeasement route, as far as I can see.

Appeasement of invading minded Dictators has not gone too well in the past.

Then we would have even more war, Moldova? Who's next on Putin's list?

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This administration cares more about Ukraines border than our own border...

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

So does the rest of the free World?

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
If what you've spoke about in the past is true then inflation and a crumbling economy hasn't hurt you like it has most of us.

Nope. I made a tasty three egg 'millionaire omelet' yesterday. I even filled it with a delicious rarity called 'imported cheese'.

You want to go into another warzone or 200? Go visit Shreveport, Baltimore, Chicago, the Southern border, LA, San Diego, Portland, NYC, etc. etc. etc... Count how many bullets fly past you there as opposed to how many flew past you in Ukraine.

I've been to all of those cities, most of them multiple times and I've been shot at a grand total of zero times. I even had the great fortune of being in Baltimore for the Freddy Grey riot. I guess my lovely non-white Mediterranean skin tone kept me safe.

Not sure what all of this has to do with the thread but whatever, ATS has always been schizophrenic.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Well it is a new independence no? What's the track record? We soul look at data.

No one seems to want to determine the what the future of Ukraine looks like beyond the very patriotic freedom for Ukraine motto.

But freedom and independence for Ukraine will be the last thing which goes to the people... Each side already has Ukraine carved up to the last morsel in one of two ways, we are just waiting on a heads or tails at this point.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Speaking as someone who knows very little and is very stupid, I have a hard time with the issue.

We can all agree that Russia invaded Ukraine.

But the west and US aid is not helping to stop or end the war.

It is prolonging it.

If we were to actually end the war, it would have to take the work of smart diplomats and some very brave military leaders.

But, ummm, we don't have that.

Exactly. But when we have Biden over here telling Putin "YoU'rE gOnNa PaY 4 WhAt YoU dId!", that's just not intimidating at all. There's a reason he waited to invade.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

The only way to end it is either Putin bugs out or we go down the appeasement route, as far as I can see.

Appeasement of invading minded Dictators has not gone too well in the past.

Then we would have even more war, Moldova? Who's next on Putin's list?

Or. . . .

The US congress votes for war. We go all in, tanks, planes, bombs, troops, . . . . just beat the hell out of Russia.

Then it's over.

The problem is, no one wants it to be over except the Ukrainians.

And ummm, they don't get a vote.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

Speak for yourself, fairly sure that you don't speak for your average Ukrainian?

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I don't think any of that?

The rest of NATO might have a say in that?

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Biden is one of the reasons Putin invaded in the first place.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Well AM when you're done saving Ukraine how about going find some friends to help in Chicago, East Palestine LOL both of them for your next feat of friendly support

Go get em Scott Pilgrim

If those issues are as important to people on this site as they pretend they are they'd get off their lazy asses and go help.

But they won't since it's much easier to be outraged about it online without trying to be part of the solution.

FWIW Ive got a daughter within 70 miles of East Palestine OH, thank goodness she isn't in the wind patterns, they are likely in the watershed however. That's kind of taking the lion's share of my concerns at the moment.

As for this discussion, this thread I'm not outraged at all, nothing on ATS irritates or outrages me. Never have said Im against American support of Ukraine, my concerns were America deeking around and it escalating beyond the Ukrainian borders. PERIOD. What about sending so many weapons and ammo that is completely untraceable, is that not a legitimate concern?

In your absence from ATS another esteemed member pointed out the American Thinker blog

I stumbled across this article I believe it is germane and apropos to the discussion or is it just Russian propaganda

www.americanthinker.com...

link   

"There's a reason he waited to invade."

And it was a bad one.

link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I don't think any of that?

The rest of NATO might have a say in that?

Well, why isn't someone doing something other than prolonging an unnecessary war?

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

True story. The last time me and the wife were in Baltimore we walked across most the city to go to a brewery. It was packed so we immediately turned around and ended up going somewhere on the water and having the best garlic fries we've ever had.

Didn't catch a single bullet.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure every NATO nation has expressed the belief that if Putin withdrew all of his troops the war would be over.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
If what you've spoke about in the past is true then inflation and a crumbling economy hasn't hurt you like it has most of us.

Nope. I made a tasty three egg 'millionaire omelet' yesterday. I even filled it with a delicious rarity called 'imported cheese'.

I've been to all of those cities, most of them multiple times and I've been shot at a grand total of zero times. I even had the great fortune of being in Baltimore for the Freddy Grey riot. I guess my lovely non-white Mediterranean skin tone kept me safe.

Not sure what all of this has to do with the thread but whatever, ATS has always been schizophrenic.

I'm talking about visiting the impoverished areas, not joining a riot in a bLM shirt with your fist in the air. Your lovely non-white Mediterranean skin tone won't save you, either, Xerxes.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Weirdly enough, I was never struck in Baltimore, Chicago or Detroit, yet my daughter had to hide from bullets 2 hours north of Detroit at her college campus.

ETA: happy to see AM and his snark back.
edit on 20-2-2023 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I'm pretty sure every NATO nation has expressed the belief that if Putin withdrew all of his troops the war would be over.

Maybe every NATO nation should ask nicer?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join