It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2014: The Year in Conspiracy Theories on AboveTopSecret.com

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
2014 was a wild and intense year here on AboveTopSecret.com, as the fallout from Edward Snowden's NSA revelations became more apparent, three Malaysian airliners lost, US political system becoming an oligarchy, and the potential breakout of World War III as a cyberwar; 2015 is shaping up to be something to worry about.

So lets review some of the top topics from the past year.

January, 2014

The TSA Video to Indoctrinate Our Kids (NOW WITH TRUTH)
284 Flags
For a government agency that spends over $7,000,000,000 a year and doesn't have one legitimate case of a stopped terrorist attack to show for it, an animated short portraying themselves in a favorable (even lovable) light aimed at children seems like a pretty blatant example of propaganda to me.

Dr. Jacques Vallee ~ The Control System
134 Flags
Dr. Jacques Vallee has called himself a "heretic among heretics" for proposing his own musings and theories which collectively offer what he has called the Interdimensional Hypothesis (IDH) as opposed to the Extraterrestrial Hypothesis (ETH).

February, 2014

The Conspiracy Theory Is True: Agents Infiltrate Websites Intending To "Manipulate, Deceive...
179 Flags
The article's messenger in this case is Glenn Greenwald. Greenwald's new site(see here, "How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations") has data, which I will share some of in the following reply posts. This coupled in with the results in action of Comcast's corruption, not just a start, but it's rearing it's ugly head.

HUGE event just happened in Missouri !:13 pm 2/3/14
131 Flags
Stepped outside and heard a loud boom towards the west, a few seconds later a smaller boom and I then looked up to the south and saw 5 jets converging on what I can describe as a metallic object warbling in the sky. There was then a HUGE dark halo which surrounded the sun for over 2 minutes.

This is Golden: "Don't Frack In my Backyard" - Exxon CEO, Rex Tillerson
111 Flags
So wait wait wait... Let me get this right... You smash any form of regulation laws to pieces on the grounds that "It's not harmful and we pay people off so they can move away", but when it's YOU who is in the situation it's unacceptable?

March, 2014

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine
367 Flags
All news channels calling this a Declaration of War. Ukrainian navy has sailed from its ports. Army on high alert and ready to defend country. Air force on combat patrol.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.
181 Flags
Well China has been flexing is military muscle in different parts of the world. Trying to strike deals in Africa for military bases the last time I heard. It's not unreasonable that some organizations are going to start targeting Chinese assets within and outside of Mainland China.

Russian number station UVB-76 went active last night
152 Flags
So, Russia annexes Crimea and less than 48hrs later voices can be heard on the UVB-76 number station. Not sure what to make of this but I highly doubt it has anything to do with "ionospheric research".

Underwater Harbors in America...7000 years old, history rewritten, atlantis everywhere?
130 Flags
As I have been saying lately the working celtic cross changes history completely
its how they navigated here and its how they lined up the canals and buildings and even whoile cities.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
April, 2014

Report: Shooting at Fort Hood; Multiple Injuries UPDATE2: Four dead, 16 injured...
140 Flags
The FBI is searching for a recent Army recruit believed to be planning a "Fort Hood-inspired jihad against U.S. soldiers," FoxNews.com has learned.

A Military View of the Bundy Ranch Situation: Why Everyone Should Be Worried
139 Flags
Many of you know that I am also an active duty soldier in the United States Army, currently deployed to Afghanistan...Been out here for quite some time. It is from the perspective of my experience out here that I want to shape that situation because I think it is relevant and terribly important.

US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
107 Flags
There has been a conspiracy going on - here in the USA - but it hasn't been hidden at all. It's been quietly working towards these goals for decades and started with (drum roll please) the "Powell Memo".

May, 2014

Sandy Hook Forensic Evidence
194 Flags
Let me start off by stating that this is a thread about FACTS.
I am not interested in the output of the active conspiracy-theory mill, which churns out tons of ludicrous claims. Those who have followed my posts know that I take this topic seriously.
I just want the truth, whatever that may be …

The reason for my absence from ATS...
154 Flags
I decided a few years ago to try and become a little more self sufficient. I have always liked my plants and herbs so I decided to make a permaculture garden. I do not have a lot of land and I am situated in a very inhospitable place for growing plants. The worst problem here is the wind and salt spray.

Conspiracy Theorists Vindicated: HAARP Confirmed Weather-manipulation Tool
101 Flags
The halls of Congress on May 14, 2014 regarding the weather modification system known as HAARP.

June, 2014

Ultra-rich man's letter: "To My Fellow Filthy Rich Americans: The Pitchforks Are Coming"
121 Flags
A message from a member not of "the one percent" but "the zero-point-zero-one percent" -- the top one percent of the top one percent.

Former FDNY Firefighter, Rudy Dent: "Incontrovertible fact (WTC) buildings were brought down."
118 Flags
Mr. Dent discusses his experiences as a firefighter at Ground Zero on 9/11. He also discusses why firefighters were not allowed to discuss anything due to department policy.

The Evidence that's convinced me of ETs' Presence on Earth
113 Flags
We all know that most of the supposed UFO incidents are not extraterrestrial; however, some of them are, in my opinion. In fact, I’m 100% convinced that ET craft have been monitoring us for a long time. I wanted to show people the evidence that brought me to this conclusion and see if anyone else agrees.
edit on 29-12-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
July, 2014

Malaysian 777 Passenger Airline Shot Down Over Eastern Ukraine
263 Flags
Interfax has said that the aircraft crashed near the Ukrainian/Russian border, and Malaysia has confirmed an "incident" on one of their aircraft. The aircraft was reportedly going from Europe to Malaysia, and never entered Russian airspace, as expected. It reportedly started losing altitude just before the Russian border, and was near the fighting in Donetsk.

Chilean Government Agency Releases UFO Images
156 Flags
Hopefully someone here can translate the contents of the text in the images for clarification. Either way, this is the perfect story for ATS and I am also hoping some of our UFO FSME's can weigh in with further analysis.

UN Warned Israel SEVENTEEN TIMES That School Was a Refugee Camp - 16 People Murdered
152 Flags
Late last night Israeli tank shells hit another school which was a refugee camp housing displaced refugees seeking shelter from the Israeli massacre that is currently ongoing in Gaza. The UN warned Israel 17 times that this building was occupied and that it was housing civilians yet they continued to shell it.

ATS Member Cuhail has passed on
91 Flags
"Murphy" was a wonderful human being who I personally admired and enjoyed knowing. He truly embodied the spirit of ATS, always civil and always ready to help out a fellow member, he will be sorely missed.

August, 2014

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag
244 Flags
I'm starting a new thread, with some of the tweets coming in from Ferguson right now. By several reports from local politicians, reporters, and others on the scene, over 50 people have been arrested with a massive SWAT presence on the streets. Police are telling peaceful protestors to leave the area.

Unknown orange/red glow over Pacific Ocean
181 Flags
We reported our observations to Air Traffic Control and an investigation into what happened in this remote region of the ocean is now started.

Ebola - my visual charts & projections based on WHO data
124 Flags
There are a lot of threads on various aspects of the current Ebola outbreak - so many that it's hard to picture just how fast Ebola is (or isn't) really spreading. To get a better picture and to see what kind of projections could be made, I created three charts using data I manually compiled from periodic updates from the World Health Organization (WHO).

WikiLeaks Cables Reveal U.S. Gov't Planned To “Retaliate and Cause Pain” On Countries Refusing GMOs
101 Flags
Wikileaks reveals a pattern by US officials to coerce or target countries to force them to accept GMO seeds, and to retaliate against those that refuse to go along.

Dressed for war- ferguson police
101 Flags
America has become a militarised police state and this pic shows it.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
September, 2014

Massive Times Square Billboard to Show Video of WTC 7 Destruction During 9/11 Anniversary
198 Flags
They have always impressed me with their attempts to spread awareness about the sham that we call 9/11. Most people are beginning to realize that it was an inside job and WTC 7 has always been one of the best "door openers" for those who still don't question the official story. It's actually one of the major factors that "woke me up" about this event.

A Stunning New Map Reveals For The First Time Where Our Galaxy Fits Into The Universe
150 Flags
Not much new but truly amazing how big the cluster is from previously thought! I am always amazed how it seems the rate we are making discoveries of our universe(s) is picking up steam each couple of years. Imagine the mapping of the universe that will be available in just a few years.

Kristallnacht : A warning from history
135 Flags
Through propaganda, carefully placed words, outright lies and fear mongering a public was manipulated and people began to take their frustration out on the Jews. Immigration, financial corruption, religious beliefs and all manner of other issues/practices were cited. Lies were repeated until they became "truth". Eventually a whole society lost its collective conscience, dropped into a state of apathy and then the country turned into a cesspit of hate and people stood by as despicable things began to happen, and those things then snowballed into genocide.

October, 2014

Ebola, inside information
167 Flags
There are more lies being told about the case in Dallas than even we have been supposing, including the time of death, contactacts being traced, and people with symptoms beginning to show.

Area 51 Scientist's Deathbed Show & Tell!
156 Flags
It seems there are more and more people breaking their oaths of silence prior to passing away. Are the Alien photos he shows genuine? Im still undecided, however what motive would he have if he was days away from death?

Breaking: Soldier shot at war memorial in Ottawa
122 Flags
The memorial is located across the street from parliament. Three to five shots fired. The gunman ran toward parliament building, jumped over some bushes and was lost from view. Reports of other people injured. Witnesses say a shotgun was used. Gunman was supposedly wearing 'Arabic scarf''.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola
117 Flags
It is all down hill from here. We seriously need a quarantine zone and airport and stop bringing these people to everyday hospitals.

Next Level BS #15: The Government Conspiracy to Kill Tesla Motors Innovation
112 Flags
Today, on Next Level BS, we look at how states in the US are systematically passing hardened laws to prevent the sale of Tesla Motors vehicles in their states. The most recent, from Michigan, was done in the most insidious way -- yeah, that's right; the birthplace of the american car has banned the sale of an american car. We take a close look at the tactics being used by the National Auto Dealers Association and their state counterparts, to collude with state governments to lock out Tesla. It's nothing short of Government-Sponsored support of a Monopoly -- no surprise there.

Swat officer flashbangs and headshots 7 year old girl in warrant less wrong address raid. No punishment
284 Flags
I wonder if the Americans have finally come to the conclusion that we are resigning in an partially overt dictatorship. Psychopathy reigns supreme in this country, to the point where the common citizen will say that this was the officers fault, and they have to protect themselves.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
November, 2014

Epic Stupid: Ted Cruz - "Net Neutrality is Obamacare for the Internet"
140 Flags
That's right, Ted Cruz, that tech/science "guru" on tap to chair the Senate Science committee, who has said "evolution is a Marxist tool aimed at undermining traditional Christian values," has applied his "extensive" technical knowledge on the issue of Internet Neutrality today, via Twitter...

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting
138 Flags
Can't say I'm surprised. At all. Edited to add: I felt the evidence would not support an indictment, regardless of the racial make up of the GJ. Too many conflicting stories, too much press, too much violence after the shooting does not an indictment make.

I'm a Student at FSU - Let Me Tell You What I Know
124 Flags
Let me start by saying: I was NOT in the building where the shooting happened, I was a mile away at home. I'll give you a break down of what I saw, and what I know. At 12:37am I received a Text Alert from FSU, saying: "DANGEROUS SITUATION! Main Campus - Tallahassee. Seek shelter immediately, away from doors and windows."

Next Level BS #20: Alex Jones Gets It Wrong on Net Neutrality
105 Flags
Today on Next Level BS, we go into op-ed mode, covering Net Neutrality again. We can't help it, this issue is important, and after seeing Alex Jones' hyper-passionate video on Net Neutrality, it seemed necessary to correct what appears to be a great deal of misinformation. Alex Jones lumped himself into the deceptive Republican game by calling Net Neutrality, Obama Care for the Internet. Now, we don't like Obama Care, but we damn well like the Internet, and that comparison is just wrong. So we break down Alex's video, and help to correct several points. And to be fair, we include just about all of his video so that there's nothing lost in context. We want to like Alex Jones, he's an influential voice in some circles, hopefully, this helps bring facts and accuracy back into the conversation.

December, 2014

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window
119 Flags
A Sydney café in martin place ( Sydney Australia) straight across from tv studio being held up people being forced against widows with hands up and isis flag in window. Area evacuated looks very serious.

Senate CIA Torture Report Released: "Mismanaged Dungeons"
116 Flags
The long-awaited report from the US Senate, into the torture methods used by the CIA, has finally been released after five years. Key findings include unnecessary rectal feeding as a torture method, conditions akin to mediaeval dungeons, rampant mismanagement, and a culture of deception to obscure and otherwise hide what was actually going on.

The New Face of War: A Picture of the Opening Salvo of a Potential New World War
112 Flags
For the last day or two most of us have noticed that the Internet is not behaving as the Internet should. Sites are going offline, slowing down, disappearing altogether for protracted periods of time. Even this site was taken offline for a fair amount of time last night, along with many of the other sites that deal with similar topics.

BREAKING: No Charges in Eric Garner Chokehold Case for Officer Daniel Pantaleo
109 Flags
This was just released...and I have a feeling that while CNN may be thrilled...The people of NYC may be in for another 'Ferguson' experience. I certainly hope this will not be the case. Time will tell.

RARE microfilms of UFO documents now online – APRO, US Air Force etc (PDF archives)
284 Flags
UFO researcher Steven Kaeser has recently made several interesting and important UFO microfilms available to view free of charge on his website as the start of a new digitisation project. The initial microfilms are a reel of APRO files in relation to sightings prior to 1957, a Canadian government UFO microfilm and a microfilm used to exchange information between the USAF Public Relations Office and Project Blue Book.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Maybe Titor was right. We shall have to see.
Although, currently mainstream scientist now state that due to certain conjectures, traveling back in time is not possible. Urmmmh.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Great idea SO.

S&S&S&S&F

edit on 29-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I had no idea one of mine would make the list.
And yes, an interesting year it has truly been.

Also, for every contributor to all of those threads...they would not be in the forefront without such an amazing membership!

Thanks to the thread starters AND especially the contributors...can't have one without the other.

Thanks SO.

Peace

edit on 29-12-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
S&F!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
...and yet the biggest story of all is not even on the list ?

Russia and China are in the processes of forming an unprecedented alliance to challenge The West it`s desire to be hegemonic. In every way that`s the biggest story this year and maybe of this century. The ramifications of it will dominate the news for years to come in lots of different ways.

The Russian and Chinese governments both understand that their existence is threatened by Washington’s hegemonic ambitions. Larchmonter reports that in order to defeat Washington’s plans to marginalize both countries, the Russian and Chinese governments have decided to unify their economies into one and to conjoin their military commands. Henceforth, Russia and China move together on the economic and military fronts.

Source

And take also the time to read the MediaFire link in it.
edit on 29 12 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

link dosn't work
sorry got it

edit on 29-12-2014 by tiremanken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tiremanken

MediaFire links don`t work, but it`s in the article.

Does the Source link not work for you, it works for me ?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
The Russian and Chinese governments both understand that their existence is threatened by Washington’s hegemonic ambitions.

I'm not buying it.

Right now, one of the few things keeping the Russian government from going belly-up is it's position in American Dollars as the Ruble is in near free-fall.

China is currently experiencing record export revenue, due in a very large part to electronics manufacturing for big western companies, most notably Apple. China also has huge positions in Americian dollars and real estate.

An attack on their monetary lifelines is unlikely in the near future. They both need the US from an economic standpoint. This type of doom-porn has been around for more than a decade. It's highly improbable.

Which is not to say, that the US could commit economic suicide through politics: CRomnibus.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Maybe Titor was right. We shall have to see.
Although, currently mainstream scientist now state that due to certain conjectures, traveling back in time is not possible. Urmmmh.

That's because someone put them on the Johnny Walker Black instead of the Red.

OOPs, forgot to say an AGM is a greta Idea OP...we should have one every year.
edit on 29-12-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yep , works fine . Thank You.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

The clues are to be found all over the news (only not in Western news
).

The MediaFire read is a bit long, but explains rather well about the depth of the corporation.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
For a new person like me, this thread was awesome!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Very good rundown for the year SO

Thanks to all that contribute.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Forget Apple, WalMart is the absolute, unchallenged, and indisputable supporter of the Chinese economy. China and the U.S. are golden.

Russia? Not so much with oil prices tanking.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

that's a great list of 2014 highlights
the recent space exploration threads have also been interesting

Happy New Year 2015

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join