It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Shooting at Fort Hood; Multiple Injuries UPDATE2: Four dead, 16 injured...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The Blaze

There are multiple reports of a shooting at Fort Hood.

According to KCEN-TV, there are reports of multiple injuries from a possible shooting at the military base.

Report: Shooting at Fort Hood; Multiple Injuries
Possibly related:

www.foxnews.com...

EXCLUSIVE: The FBI is searching for a recent Army recruit believed to be planning a "Fort Hood-inspired jihad against U.S. soldiers," FoxNews.com has learned.

The alert, whose legitimacy was confirmed by military and law enforcement officials, stated that a man identified as Booker had told friends of his "intention to commit jihad." Booker, who is also known as Muhammad Abdullah Hassan, was recruited by the U.S. Army in Kansas City, Mo., in February 2014 and was scheduled to report for basic training on April 7. But he was discharged last week, apparently after law enforcement authorities learned of his alleged plan.

Both the FBI and the 902d Military Intelligence Group at Fort Leavenworth are involved in the hunt.

Breaking news, updates to follow...

The shooting is believed to have taken place at the Medical Brigade Building. KCEN-TV reports there are also reports of victims at the Battle Simulation Center.

www.nbcdfw.com...

There is an active shooter at the sprawling central Texas base of Fort Hood, a source at Fort Hood told CNN on Wednesday.

The situation is serious and sirens are going off, said the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

A spokesman for the base said an "incident" was under way but declined for provide additional information.

Fort Hood's official Twitter feed asked that all personnel on post shelter in place.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 4/2/2014 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

POLICE/FIRE/EMS SCANNER FEED:

www.broadcastify.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
And they are more worried about the soldiers sideburns or tattoos instead of allowing the soldiers to adequately protect themselves from seems to be a common occurrence.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Fort Hood. I was stationed there in 1981. 2nd Armored Division. HUGE place.
Back then it was a wide open post. I don't know if it's more secured now post 9/11 or not.
But back then, anyone could get on ... easily.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Related?

“On 20 March 2014, the Kansas City Division FBI became aware of an individual named BOOKER aka Muhammad Abdullah Hassan who had publicly stated his intention to commit jihad, bidding farewell to his friends and making comments indicating his jihad was imminent. BOOKER had been recruited by the US Army in Kansas City, Mo., in February 2014 and was scheduled to report for Basic Training on 7 April 2014. Kansas City Division Agents interviewed BOOKER on 20 March 2014.”

Fox news link

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I guess I'm wondering with the potential of someone planning this exact thing, couldn't they have secured the base and allowed the troops to carry their firearms?

link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I was stationed there twice in the 90 for about 5 years, the post was still open back the, if you recall there was more than one way on post because of its size.

link   

All you need is a clean drivers license, not even necessarily yours to get onto most posts now a days. It's quite scary.

link   

racerzeke
instead of allowing the soldiers to adequately protect themselves ...

Back when I was stationed there, every so often I"d pull guard duty. I'd be out there roaming around the motor pool .. 'guarding' the tanks and jeeps and everything else ... but without a weapon of any kind. They weren't issued out. We just walked around and sat in jeeps trying not to get bit by any rattlers' that were slithering through. LAME.

But like I said .. that was 1981 .. before 9/11. I don't know what it is like now.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

19KTankCommander
if you recall there was more than one way on post because of its size.

It was wide open ... and anyone could come in via 'the field'
(if they didn't mind dodging the tanks taking practice shots).
It's too big to guard properly ... IMHO.

link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

what a freezing shame..so tired of this stuff...if it's someone who was not militarily affiliated than I don't think the President will get any flack but if it's another person that is unstable and they new...that's a whole different story...nice pick up OP
edit on 2-4-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

link   
Wasn't there a shooting there a few years ago? Or am I confused?
www.nbcnews.com...

Ah found it - Nov. 2009

edit on 2-4-2014 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Most of what is being reported is via Twitter... It's not clear if there is still an active shooter, and personnel on base are being instructed to shelter in place.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Unable to post a link at this time but the scanners are lighting up.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

racerzeke

All you need is a clean drivers license, not even necessarily yours to get onto most posts now a days. It's quite scary.

--
Negative.
Ft. Hood is not an open post.
You are required to have an Active Military ID and subjected to random POV inspections.

link   
Okay ... MSM is now picking it up. Just headlines in RED ALERT format. No more information.
But they are picking it up now ....

link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Yes, there was...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

In a way military installations are quite an easy and 'soft' target I hate to say. Other than the military police and those who went through the process of registering their firearms on post for hunting purposes (you're still not allowed to carry at work) there is no way to stop anyone with a gun except waiting for first responders. It's not difficult to come across large groups of soldiers and they are easy prey for anyone with negative intentions. I dont understand, you can be trusted to give your life on a foreign land and you are trusted enough out there, but not here at your home station with your friends and famiies to protect.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
www.kcentv.com...
Local news live link ^^^
Post still on lockdown as of 17:00hrs unknown number of injured

+1 more 
link   

Doodle19815
Wasn't there a shooting there a few years ago? Or am I confused?

Yes .. a big one. Major Nadal Hasan shot down a bunch of people. Killing a pregnant woman in the process. He was shot and his legs no longer work. I think he's on death row. It was an extremist muslim attack ... but the Obama White House calls it 'workplace violence'.

link   
FORT HOOD POST IS CLOSED DOW.

NOBODY GETS IN OR OUT.

1 WOUNDED SO FAR, CURRENTLY ON ROUTE TO HOSPITAL.

SIRENS HAVE BEEN BLARING, SHELTER IN PLACE.

SOLDIERS CANNOT LEAVE COMPANIES, BN AN BDEs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join