It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epic Stupid: Ted Cruz - "Net Neutrality is Obamacare for the Internet"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+91 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That's right, Ted Cruz, that tech/science "guru" on tap to chair the Senate Science committee, who has said "evolution is a Marxist tool aimed at undermining traditional Christian values," has applied his "extensive" technical knowledge on the issue of Internet Neutrality today, via Twitter...

twitter.com...

Epic, epic stupid. He just swung a great big giant stupid stick (supplied by his corporate masters) in the general direction of independent websites like ATS.
edit on 10-11-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

That guy wants to run for president. God he's funny.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is just another example of the strategy of the conservative Oligarch Lords, who are the masters of the indentured servant Republicans, to be against anything that smells of being democrat. Damn the country, Obama must fail

The Internet, and the technological and economic boom it spawned, is what it is today, because of neutrality.

The liberal Oligarch Lords, who are the masters of the indentured servant Democrats, are on the fence about this one, not fighting… because a hybrid/tiered Internet benefits them as well.

We're screwed.
edit on 10-11-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I don't know what is more depressing about politicians: that they are that stupid or that they really don't give a F about doing the right thing for the masses over the lobbying money for even a second?

Wow!

I wonder how many political cheerleaders are going to realize that Comcast is for undoing net neutrality who also happens to be buddy buddy with Obama.

I would like to think people won't fall for this but I know better.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

It's not stupid if the people you are trying to reach are.

The anti-Obama-everything party did well. Keep the momentum going.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Senator Cruz should be aware that most Americans know fully well that if we lose net neutrality that then the internet will run at the speed of government, for all the use it will be.

Just to throw more fuel on the fire... Tom Wheeler won't even attend hearings on net neutrality.

During the public comment period, nearly 4 million people— a record-breaking figure — weighed in on Wheeler’s plan. A whopping 99 percent of these comments oppose this proposal, according to one study.

Given the unprecedented public interest in this issue, many groups have urged the FCC to get out of Washington and host public hearings. But so far Wheeler has ignored this call.

Bloggy
edit on 11/10/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Seriously? You should know better than that SO.

I had suspected this place was communist sympathizing but not state owned.

We have never had so-called 'net-neutrality' and we never will. All legislation which claims to protect the little guy from the big guy produces results antithetical to their declared intention. What more evidence do you need than the current state of socialized subsistence and rampant interventionism.

I am calling it here and now, you get what you want and things will get worse.

+29 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Forgive my ignorace, but just because something is called (by the government) "Net Neutrality" should we simply take it at face value?

I mean, the Patriot Act has the word "Patriot" in it, so we should like that also, shouldn't we?

I'm actually trying to find a document source that isn't polluted by left or right rhetoric to study this issue before slamming it or endorsing it.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I am waiting for details of this so called "net neutrality" campaign....

I just read that the FCC is trying to get internet providers to be changed into public utilities. Good thing? Bad thing?

I just want to be able read what the regulations will be, before coming to a conclusion whether or not it will be a good step forward or a huge step backwards.

As the saying goes, "The devil is in the details"?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Another example of Republicans being anti-free market.

Net neutrality ensures a free market and competition which is good for the consumer but neither party wan'ts that. Why would the controlling telecom Oligopoly want competition when they are on top.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

This is part of the Game. The Democrats are just as much in the hands of the Telecom Oligopoly as the Republicans.

In the end they will pass regulations in their favor and net neutrality will be just a word . They have an open door policy between the Telecom and the FCC.

Its not if they will kill net neutrality but when.
www.opensecrets.org...

Like SO said we are screwed.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ted Cruz is a nut, his father's a nut. Back in July 2013, Ted Cruz' father declared his son was destined for greatness by God and is destined to become President. Ted Cruz even went through an anointment ritual. People should run from this guy as far and as fast as they can. He's an abomination to the political system and will be just as dangerous if not worse than Obama. He's another wrench in the system.

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The only reason why Cruz is against net neutrality is because Obama supports it. If anyone were to ask Cruz to explain what net neutrality is and what it does he would start reciting Green Eggs and Ham.

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Clearly, you don't have the proper experience or knowledge on the matter.

The FCC opened the issue up for public commentary. Over 800,000 responses were received from the public, 99% supported classifying Internet Service Providers as common carriers, the first step to ensuring equal speeds for all content providers online.

The US has the worst Internet speed-per-dollar of industrial nations. Creating a tiered Internet will make it much worse, and stifle innovation. Not to mention, put independent sites like ATS on the speed back-burner.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Ted Cruz operates at the speed of stupid

he'll evolve into an ape
edit on 10-11-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I don't know what is more depressing about politicians: that they are that stupid or that they really don't give a F about doing the right thing for the masses over the lobbying money for even a second?

Wow!

I wonder how many political cheerleaders are going to realize that Comcast is for undoing net neutrality who also happens to be buddy buddy with Obama.

I would like to think people won't fall for this but I know better.

The part I find most depressing is the fact most politicians think the public is that stupid.
Of course, the number one job of a politician is to "FIX" things even if they are not broken.

While we are on the subject, could somneone explain to me why we would ever listen to Ted Cruz?
Is it his natural intellectual powers? Could it be his educational background? Maybe he is just naturally charismaitc to the masses?

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I agree with Cruz after seeing Obama care in action.

Hell they couldn't even design a website right.

They DID NOT MAKE healthcare affordable.

Their idea of 'affordable' is just robbing from one group to give to another group who already had access to healthcare under medicaid, and the EMTALA.

LOL fact the US government operations at the speed of slow.

Hell in fact it does the very same thing as giving some people fast speeds, and others slow speeds.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Obama is just as much at fault for this threat as anyone else... this time. He did appoint Wheeler, a former lobbyist for Comcast (I believe?). All the major ISPs are drooling over this fast lane nonsense.

+33 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I agree with Cruz after seeing Obama care in action.

Then you agree with stupid.

The two have nothing to do with each other.

We already have defacto equal Internet speeds for all content providers. Allowing the FCC to create a tiered Internet in the US destroys the efficiency that exits now.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I really hope you've got your good knee pads on. You're going to need them, often.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join