It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chilean Government Agency Releases UFO Images

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+108 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

www.cefaa.gob.cl...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Taken at the Collahuasi Copper Mine in Northern Chile in April 2013 and witnessed by 4 technicians.
Taken with a Kenox Samsung S860 camera.
Object made no sound.
Chilean Met office confirmed clear skies at the time and no Lenticular clouds.
Witnesses intended to keep the encounter private through fear of negative repercussions.
Some months later one witness showed images to Mine Chief Engineer who sent the images to the CEFAA (Committee for the studies of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena)
CEFAA officials advised that no drones operating in the area at the time.
Witnesses described the object as a “flattened disc, brilliant colour with diameter of 5-10m.

It is indeed unfortunate that the four witnesses have not been willing to speak to the authorities, who could guarantee them anonymity. But even so, these images are important because they were studied by a government agency with access to the pertinent information needed for a proper analysis. That in itself is unusual. I commend the CEFAA for taking on cases such as this. The experts there conducted a serious investigation, and then released the information to the public, with no reservations about acknowledging the possible existence of a UFO, since that is warranted.

Interesting ATS thread from 2012 about UFO's over Chile

Hopefully someone here can translate the contents of the text in the images for clarification. Either way, this is the perfect story for ATS and I am also hoping some of our UFO FSME's can weigh in with further analysis.

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Awesome.

It's about time we got some real sauce.

It would seem the Chilean Government is our only hope for disclosure, or at least better understanding the phenomenon. The Chilean FLIR footage a few years ago was also stunning.
edit on 5-7-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Interesting. Thanks for posting this

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
"The witnesses were not willing to cooperate," Jose Lay told me. "We tried to contact them, and we got no reply. So we treated the material just as we have treated several others of the same or similar nature: we file them for future reference or comparison purposes. That's all we can do in this case."

Guess the men in black got to them. (cue creepy music)

-the bottom pic (imo) is one of the best pictures of a ufo ever taken. If it's legit, I have a gut feeling it is based on what I've read so far..

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Picture 1: Analyze object
Picture 2: (white text) shown as solid surface. (yellow text) area of reflection or self-luminosity
Picture 3: analyze object
Picture 4: (white text top) lines of very faint flashes. (top yellow text) light ring. (bottom yellow text) semi sphere. (bottom white text) lines of very faint flashing

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Many articles so far say that there's a video but so far it's just the pics, here's the popular one, though it's in Spanish (Chilean) No actual video but pics.

It's so bright its shimmering, like rays coming off of it.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Hey Sublimecraft, I ran all of the phrases through a translator and this is what I came up with:

Objeto a Analizar translates to Object to Analyze

Se aprecia como superficie solida translates to Can be seen as a solid surface

Area de reflejo o luminosidad propia translates to Area of reflection

Lineas de destellos muy tenues translates to Lines of very faint flashes

Anillo luminoso translates to Light/luminous ring

Semi esfera muy luminosa translates to Semi bright sphere/Semi very luminous sphere

I hope that might help. They are very interesting to say the least.
Thanks for sharing.

www.spanishdict.com...

ETA - I see someone beat me to it while I was posting it. Sorry.
edit on 7/5/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Mods, this thread needs flags to ensure ATS exposure.
People always bitching about crap hoax fake stuff and finally something decent and "crickets"

Agreed, this appears to be the real deal and what that real deal is....is yet to be determined. That last pic is mad stuff.

Starred and Flagged very cool

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I did a quick search found what could be the same ...whatever it is, Chile 2009:

Same colors, pretty much, same shimmering light, same country..possibly the same size (10m)

Army sergeant Fernando Yáñez Muñoz a snapped the above photo of what seems to be a starship hovering over the 3,125 meters high Llaima volcano, within the Congûillio National Park in southern Chile.

note:
The sighting which occured on the 6th December was followed by an eruption of the volcano on the 1 January.
levelbeyond.com...
cue more creepy music...Volcano? Quake? Stay tuned..

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

That's a beauty!

I like it, I like it!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Thanks for the wonderful pics! I do wish there were more governments with the b*lls of the Chilean regime.

When you look back at the info they have released over the years, can you even begin to imagine how much the US government is holding back from us.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I don't know much about this, but...
If you zoom in close on the light in the third picture there is a small square field of uniform pixels to the immeadiate left....is that normal?
I ask because the close up view beneath is missing that same uniform field.
edit on 5-7-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Wow that pic is mindblowing. That is the first time I've seen the same as what I saw in 2006, the radiant white mothership. Sorry for going off topic in relation to my own sighting so back on topic, this looks very promising. The relationship with the copper deposits might be there

originally posted by: canucks555
I did a quick search found what could be the same ...whatever it is, Chile 2009:

Same colors, pretty much, same shimmering light, same country..possibly the same size (10m)

Army sergeant Fernando Yáñez Muñoz a snapped the above photo of what seems to be a starship hovering over the 3,125 meters high Llaima volcano, within the Congûillio National Park in southern Chile.

note:
The sighting which occured on the 6th December was followed by an eruption of the volcano on the 1 January.
levelbeyond.com...
cue more creepy music...Volcano? Quake? Stay tuned..

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Dr. Maccabee in an email. "That makes it either the real thing - UFO - or a hoax, and it doesn't appear to be a hoax, although the inability to question witnesses does reduce the credibility. Certainly this case is worthy of further study."

While I can't say for sure my initial thought is it looks very similar to pictures of internal light fittings reflected in window glass.

Here's an example

Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
On this occasion, it appears lens anomalies are going to be favorable here.

Note, in pink, the highlighted spheres (more than likely lens anomalies), and the perspective of the highlighted ellipse shapes that the end-pipes create and their surrounding features.

Now in the next image, without knowing in which order they were taken, the spheres remain proportionately left of centre, while the ellipses and surrounding features change marginally.

This strongly suggests that the photographer was panning left-to-right or right-to-left following an object which gives every impression to be moving - note the position of the object relevant to other features when comparing the two images.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

But have you seen the surroundings of the object? As far as I can see on that picture, there are no windows...Or to better express myself, I don't see an object that could cause that effect.
edit on 5-7-2014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

That third picture looks very much like a reflection. Was it taken through a vehicle window maybe? If not it could be a lens reflection. Certainly doesn't look "solid".

edit on 5-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Perhaps

I'm not getting what you are trying to explain. To me, those darker spots look like smudge marks, which would be on the lense, and not some kind of anomaly or artifact of the pipes on the ground. They stay in the same spots.

What do you mean by the "ellipses"?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

But have you seen the surroundings of the object? As far as I can see on that picture, there are no windows

The Collahuasi mine is a large Copper Mine the picture could have been taken from any one of the support buildings.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The pictures look very realistic as they are taken of an object flying through our atmosphere which must have had to go through terrific heat, which seems to me to show on the last photo taken.

I wanted to ask, as I noted these pictures are taken from a Chilean copper mine if you have looked at whether UFO's seem to be seen more often over specific sites, such as mining, water reserves etc? I don't mean to be cheeky and not do the research myself, I wondered out of curiosity).

It interests me because if they are flying over our resource centres and not the population, then it indicates IMHO we are not their prime interest, but if they seem to be flying random over population centres as well then their interest may be in us also.

The idea of aliens terrifies me simply because they are so much further advanced and our planet and ALL its resources etc makes me wonder when they have enough information to come and take what they require. Had it been a simple 'hello!" we should have had this earlier. I don't believe governments could get their staff to keep the lid on something like this so I think they are as much in the dark as the public..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join