It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HD video of UFO Stalking Chilean Jets Over Santiago Air Base

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Source

One such case has just come to light in Chile, and was presented by government officials for the first time at a press conference on March 13. It was a glorious, sunny morning on Nov. 5, 2010, when crowds gathered to celebrate the changing of the Air Force Command at El Bosque Air Base in Santiago. From different locations, spectators aimed video cameras and cell phones at groups of acrobatic and fighter jets performing an air show overhead. Nobody saw anything amiss.

But afterward, an engineer from the adjacent Pillán aircraft factory noticed something bizarre while viewing his footage in slow motion. He turned it over to the government's well known Committee for the Study of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena, or CEFAA, for analysis.

The stunning conclusion: The Chilean jets were being stalked by a UFO.

In the clips below, the UFO is difficult to see because it's moving so fast. The clip is repeated with the UFO highlighted as it makes passes around three separate groups of airplanes

Click on the source above to watch the video and see the photographs.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Shino because: (no reason given)

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

edit on March 15th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shino

Looks like a bug to me.
I think they need an outdoor fogger.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by Shino

Looks like a bug to me.
I think they need an outdoor fogger.

I was just about to say this, you're not the only one to make the claim that it may be a bird or insect close to the lens. It's been noted the size of the UFO also changes in some frames, which could again support your suggestion.

Frustrating we can't find a conclusive video of these things.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hmm..?
Difficult to see, it's damn fast.
First thought was insects, but it dosn't look like an insect in the pictures.

The youtube version.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
nevermind. I redact myself.

edit on 14-3-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I find it suspicious that the video still frames the shots of the supposed UFO. It doesn't show it at normal speed.. I'm afraid it isn't what they think it is.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Looks like a bug....more than likely is one

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Yeah. it has the characteristics of rods.
Which are insects.
The only good ufo's i've seen on youtube are cgi ufo's.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

First it shows it in normal speed, and then in still frames.

But i think it's a bug.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Having read the article, it seems these objects were filmed from 7 different vantage points and analyzed by members of a special branch of the Chilean FAA. But I'm sure those guys are fooled by bugs all the time. As for the objects changing size, well things appear to do that when their distance to the observer changes.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
From your source:

Astronomer Luis Barrera from the Metropolitan University of Sciences in Chile, who has an asteroid named after him, was one of eight highly skeptical scientists who analyzed the footage. He was able to rule out a meteoroid, pieces of meteors or comets, space junk, a bird or an airplane.

I like it, T.C. It has potential. But why is it not a bug? I notice "bug" is not ruled out in the above quote by the Chilean Astronomer.

If it's not a bug and exhibited no sonic boom then BAM: They are, most likely, interdimensional afterall.

Probably a bug though. Sigh.
edit on 14-3-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Images show it as a dome-shaped, flat-bottomed object with no visible means of propulsion. The rounded top reflects the sun and appears metallic; the bottom is darker and flat, emitting some form of energy which is visible in photo analysis. Infrared studies show the entire object is radiating heat, just like the jets.

And, this strange object is clearly operating under intelligent control. It zooms toward each set of jets at about their height, circles around and zooms back out again. Pilots who were shown the trajectory of the object in the three flybys were amazed that this maneuver is characteristic of reconnaissance aircraft coming in for a quick look at others in the sky.

I don't know how much that may or may not rule out the bug theory, but this is an interesting one nonetheless. The UFO itself is reminiscent of old hoaxed UFOs a bit IMHO, but that isn't really proof of anything. It doesn't really look like a bug to me, maybe a small piece of metallic debris, but it really does not look like a bug. Would be nice if it was an actual technology, extraterrestrial or not, we'll probably never know anyways.
edit on 14-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Is everyone who is advocating the bug hypothesis unaware that the same object was captured on seven different videos from seven different vantage points? How does this fact leave the BH intact in your minds? Have you actually read the text of the article, or are you just watching the video?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Oh, I didn't catch that either. I'll have to go back and reread it.

CEFAA officials collected seven videos of the El Bosque UFO taken from different vantage points. Bermúdez commissioned scientists from many disciplines, aeronautical experts, and air force and army photogrametric technicians to subject the videos to intense scrutiny. They all came to the same conclusions.

Well that is interesting isn't it.

I see now that someone above even mentioned it, I must be getting lazy from all the bad sightings lately. Anybody else covering this besides huffington post? Any foreign links or anything?
edit on 14-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
You would think eight highly skeptical scientists would be able to tell whether or not they were looking at a bug.

Then again there's a difference between a skeptical scientist and a debunker.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Whatever that is, if its in the sky it is REALLY trucking like a bat out of hell.

disclose.tv video
(Same thing, different link)

Edit: Like the poster below said it would be really sweet to see some other video of it, I can't find it on the net after a quick google search. Just the same video, kind of depresses me.
edit on 15-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Yes seven videos, missed that one to, but why can't we see the other six of them, and the pictures are all from that one video.

The only thing that makes me think it's not a bug is the speed and that it dosn't look close to the camera.

Tricky one this one

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Shino

Very interesting! My first thought was "bug!", too, like for so many others. But seven different vantage points showing the same thing would seem to preclude that possibility....

Still, if those vouching for this video really want to prove to the world that this filmed object is actually far away from the cameras, and thus moving THAT quickly (thousands of mph), then they'll need to release several of the 7 videos, time-stamped, with explanations as to how time is matched up, showing the triangulation calculations they've used in order to come to their conclusions... or, if not all videos themselves (ownership/rights issues?), at least they'll need to release the detailed analyses of the 8 scientists whom they say scrutinized these videos and ruled out those prosaic explanations

BTW, I'm not doubting those analyses, and am certainly not debunking, as I do believe some small percentage of UFO's are of extra-planetary origin. That's why I would like for these detailed videos and/or their analyses to be as public and as authenticated as possible. This all needs to be extremely transparent, in my opinion. (With the original videos locked in a vault within a vault within a vault, of course!)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Very interesting, that thing is flying like a bat out of Hell though.

I want to know about this one, left me shakin' my head.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
Is everyone who is advocating the bug hypothesis unaware that the same object was captured on seven different videos from seven different vantage points? How does this fact leave the BH intact in your minds? Have you actually read the text of the article, or are you just watching the video?

This case is an "end game".

Seven different videos from seven different vantage points = definitve proof.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join