It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #20: Alex Jones Gets It Wrong on Net Neutrality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+77 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Today on Next Level BS, we go into op-ed mode, covering Net Neutrality again. We can't help it, this issue is important, and after seeing Alex Jones' hyper-passionate video on Net Neutrality, it seemed necessary to correct what appears to be a great deal of misinformation. Alex Jones lumped himself into the deceptive Republican game by calling Net Neutrality, Obama Care for the Internet. Now, we don't like Obama Care, but we damn well like the Internet, and that comparison is just wrong. So we break down Alex's video, and help to correct several points. And to be fair, we include just about all of his video so that there's nothing lost in context. We want to like Alex Jones, he's an influential voice in some circles, hopefully, this helps bring facts and accuracy back into the conversation.

Watch in HD on www.TheNLBS.com

Share this video. Tell your friends. Expose the Next Level BS!

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Check us out on DailyMotion

Go to the website: www.theNLBS.com

And get NLBS t-shirts and swag thenlbs.spreadshirt.com
edit on 11-13-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
can hear the intro music but your dulcet tones bro...

is the issue my end?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: cado angelus

99% percent sure that it's your end. I just added annotations in the youtube player and it seemed fine.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
fab - Will reboot and give it another shot.

Cheers, :-)

edit - it's working now. :-)
edit on 13-11-2014 by cado angelus because: tech issues

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Haha. Only at the 5 minute mark so far. Alex Jones, man what a fruitcake.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well now I see just how much old Alex actually researches what he spews. I can't say that I am surprised.

Not one bit surprised.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Kudos for not throwing the baby out with the dirty bathwater. The lumping and spinning you avoid in the op shows confidence in truth. Anger and belittlement serves the wrong side every time.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I posted this to another thread, but it is applicable here as well...

As per the report, both Democrats and Republicans received over $8 million from companies like Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Verizon, AT&T, and their trade group the National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA) in this year's election alone.

What's particularly concerning is that money doled out by these companies directly reaches politicians like Ted Cruz, who is on the Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet, which handles internet governance and FCC oversight.

Source

The Telecom giants are throwing their fortunes in to this and trying to buy the law. Oh and the article has a great bonus - it breaks down just how much each politician and official has been paid so far by the Telecoms.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Thanks Joe,

Episode #20 strikes a mighty blow for the denial of ignorance. Also, thanks for showcasing Alex at his most asinine, someone clever needs to set that rant to some death-metal.

Strong work, man.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is the first time i see the Jones guy, is him always like this? That guy must be part of the government to give bad rep to conspiracy theorist around the world, such strong radical uninformed behavior is not natural.

Seeing his rant i could only remember David Cameron UN speech

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

This show is fast becoming an obsession for me....

Keep up the good work.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Joe - a masterpiece.

Jones has always been a shouter - not a thinker - and the way that you allowed his sections to run in full before you dissected them was truly masterful.

I saddens me that so many see him as a font of knowledge and truth when, in reality, the man is all about lining his own pockets and just doesn't see the bigger picture.

Showing the exact wording of the legislation was powerful.

Bybyots - what flavour of death metal would you like..? That can certainly be arranged...I'll just have to pop upstairs without waking the wife for another bottle of wine...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Couldn't watch more than a few minutes of this. I used to listen to Alex Jones for the entertainment value as well as to get some interestingly twisted viewpoint exposure. But it's been a couple of years since I dipped my foot in that pond, and if this is the way Alex Jones is now.....yikes. He's reverting back to a pre-teen bully (before he was a teen bully, which was kind of fun to watch). His childish persona on this vid makes me call into question his ability to actually know what he's talking about. Maybe, after so many years on the same merry-go-round, he's stepped off while the thing is still moving.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Couldn't watch more than a few minutes of this. I used to listen to Alex Jones for the entertainment value as well as to get some interestingly twisted viewpoint exposure. But it's been a couple of years since I dipped my foot in that pond, and if this is the way Alex Jones is now.....yikes. He's reverting back to a pre-teen bully (before he was a teen bully, which was kind of fun to watch). His childish persona on this vid makes me call into question his ability to actually know what he's talking about. Maybe, after so many years on the same merry-go-round, he's stepped off while the thing is still moving.

Funny - I find that the older I get, the more immature and dumb Jones appears. It's like X-Factor for conspiracy theorists. Lowest common denominator rabble raising.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I hope your right Joe! Otherwise your going to have a whole lot of egg to wipe off your face, if you actually trust the government to do the right thing for once!

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The internet is about me, and what I want to read, research and study. It is not about what the government (any government) wants me to read, research and study. Blocking content or artificially degrading services is unacceptable and should be illegal.

The internet does not belong to the government, or private corporations with vested interests, it belongs to all of humanity and should be seen as a global 2nd amendment - being a well formed militia exercising it's right to bear factual information that is designed to keep the government in-check and honest.

Slightly off topic, if you turn the sound down, Alex could be the poster boy for what speed and crack does to people, but I still like him because he's passionate, loud and in-your-face.

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I hope your right Joe! Otherwise your going to have a whole lot of egg to wipe off your face, if you actually trust the government to do the right thing for once!

You know what...I think he is right. I genuinely do.

I don't know what is with some people that they see conspiracy everywhere. Yes - there are a lot, but not all the time and everywhere.

link   

His attempt to extrapolate it to mafia extortion is beyond stupid, when in fact its the big ISP providers who practice this at this very moment!

He is just another fear salesman.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: cado angelus

what flavour of death metal would you like..? That can certainly be arranged...

That would be so rad. I think Alex has the pipes to front something nice from Norway, how about some Myrkskog?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I trust Al Franken on this one. Net neutrality seems to be his main cause, and I'd trust him to know the backroom deals and inner-workings of governmental corporate America.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join