It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops! Drug Raid Uncovers...Okra

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Cops flying over neighborhoods looking for suckers growing marijuana in their yards. They spot the plant from a distance and then arm themselves to the teeth to raid the unlucky grower!

Instead of charging guns blazing, wouldn't knocking on the door with a warrant suffice? I used to see that on TV all the time, cops knocking on doors. Now they just knock them down, sometimes shooting first and asking questions later.

What the hell happened to good police work?

I always feel like.... somebody's watching me!

edit on 4-10-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

And people still think the drug war isn't a sham. Absolutely hilarious........and downright frightening

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Because a marijuana growers/users are violent... lol.

Had these cops did a lil research they might have discovered they're about to raid a retired man. Is he married? Is he dangerous? He is growing weed therefore he must be a threat!

It's beyond a sham.
edit on 4-10-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Tax payer money wasted on nonsense. Wonder if growing gourds(sometimes turned into containers) are suspected in raids. Clearly they must be hiding substances in them, why else would one have such a thing growing in their garden.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
"But but but he still has gardening equipment, he caused us to waste the taxpayer's time, put officers at risk!"

I can see the petty arguments from the police now.
edit on 4-10-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

This is because we now have people like Michelle Leonhart as the DEA's chief administrator. She is less educated than an okra plant herself, and twice as stupid. She is probably the one who has stepped up these kinds of raids. Both major party members have called for her resignation over a lot of idiotic things she has claimed. If she keeps her job, you might even need a written prescription for aspirin soon.

Idealism forces people by the nature of it's own inherent insanity, to force you to do everything their way, because they know better than you do, what is good for you. Just like our current administration and all of their freaks. Freaks with the power of government behind them.

That's freedom in America today!

Let them get all the guns and then watch the fun.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
That would never happen in Washington state...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I doubt she's not smart but just stupid enough to be easily led. I can imagine she probably smokes marijuana, uses various other chemicals, personally and at parties. But given the perks she's allowed to have, the "money" and the exposure she probably just goes along with whatever she's told.

This planet is so screwed.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Well, she blames pot for all the rest, and ignores alcohol which is the biggest killer of all the others combined, so I can't give her any credit for being able to think rationally, and she seems to be playing along to someone's playbook, so I'm sure you got that one pegged. I think she really is an idiot myself, at least for the kind of job she has. She most certainly didn't earn it through the use of her mind, or mental achievement. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Have you ever tasted okra?
Ever 'picked' or 'harvested' it?
They did us a favor!
A HUGE favor.
Slimy, prickly - it must be an alien species of plant. What about those seed pods...?

Mmmmm - a bowl of spicy Cajun Gumbo (with shrimp, sausage, cayenne...) is sounding pretty appetizing about now.

Really, though - pretty despicable.
Gonna have to start growing okra underground.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

See I just think she'll say whatever they tell her to keep her job and money. In her case it's like police departments. They never hire people with very high IQs because it means the orders are open to interpretation, they'll question. So I can imagine she's been trained very well through years of "do this, do that" and all along her only option is "Yes sir".

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Come on man. The planet is not screwed. You oughta go get some okra and mellow out.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The most disturbing fact is that they don't even want to take responsibility for it:

Georgia State Patrol Capt. Kermit Stokes, whose agency is in charge of the anti-pot task force in which the deputies were serving when they stopped by Perry's place, assured a reporter for WSB-TV, the ABC station in Atlanta, that it was all an honest mistake. "If we disturbed them in any manner, that's not our intent," Stokes said. If we disturbed them? Detracting further from his semi-apology, Stokes suggested that it still was not clear exactly what Perry was growing and that the cops' confusion was readily understandable. "We've not been able to identify it as of yet," he said. "But it did have quite a number of characteristics that were similar to a cannabis plant."

You couldn't identify it? Yeah, because you are mentally retarded. How about hiring a botanist? Wait, never mind... Just ban okra instead, that will be easier.
edit on 4-10-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Cool video from TYT

As I was watching it, I was getting flashbacks to having the same conversation in the early 90s. Use and growth has no significant detriment to society or even the values of society. They were having the same conversations in the 60s and probably the 40s too.

2014 and the idea of police raids for weed is just ridiculous. Like the guy says, police helicopters looking into back yards is way past invasive. It's also a total waste of money and time.

It's getting a little bit of momentum and *maybe* there's a national debate coming? Maybe the political reasons for the legal status of cannabis will finally fall apart. If the US does the right thing, it'll end the political pressure on other countries too.

Maybe the poor bastards in prisons for selling/using marijuana will be released? Give people their lives back? Wouldn't that be a WIN for decency?! A triumph of fair play! Then again, the prison system will have turned many a stoner into something that's no longer able to exist in society...another thread topic altogether.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

States are how we change. Federal government is far too corrupt. At some point the states will get tired of being ignored and belittled.

Since you know TYT you must know of Wolf PAC right?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

this made me think about a solution....someone should make plastic replica MJ plants and give them away or sell them if possible to every person who has a house with garden...then put these plants in rows so it looks like a grow operation...and have the swat teams raiding 24 hours a day and getting nothing till they give up and move onto something more profitable

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Yeah, I know Wolf PAC. I'm in the UK and just watch from afar. Hopefully it'll generate a realistic debate but I've long been cynical and don't have high hopes for any significant changes.

Sometimes it's all new wallpaper and the same old walls.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh my god, think of all the innocent animals and people injured or killed!

Seriously..

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh my god, think of all the innocent animals and people injured or killed!

Seriously..

yeh it is not a fool proof idea...(pun intended)....and may have a few flaws...but it could work after a serious up hill battle

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Having lived in an area that is a great microcosm for the country and lived and worked with people of just about every social group except some rare ones like native Americans, I'm telling you it very well might.

People in this country have spent all their efforts on trying to change from the bottom up, following the model of MLK and the civil rights movement. This devolved into ridiculously specific and selfish agendas that shift in and out of vogue in almost a premonition of the whole of idea of trending topics on Twitter.

In the last few years I've seen more and more people realizing what's going on and waking up. Not just on the internet either. It used to be impossible to discuss openly anything but the topic of the day. Now I have open discussions of real issues without partisan BS several times a week. It used to be more like once every few months and only then with someone who was way over the top and a very hot friends or intoxicated/drugged acquaintance. Hell, all my coworkers are now enthusiastically discussing history science and politics on a daily basis often with a client adding his two cents. I'm talking quality debate with little political correctness or dumbing down. Hell my hardcore, "everything's always fine, just be a good hardworking person" type parents are actually engaging too.

I think the Ebola/ISIS double whammy fear mongering finally gave things critical mass. The Great Recession weakened the strength of the "everything's all right" fantasy and they pushed too hard too soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join