It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are all the other sites similar to ATS being watched by the NSA, while ATS is not? Any ideas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
In case you had not figured it out the NSA most likely does monitor foreigners and has the GCHQ monitor Americans. That is the way it has been working since WW2.. It allows them to follow the basic letter of the law.

You hit the nail on the head there. I'm sure that is exactly how they get around the law. The same way that we were giving prisoners to other countries early in the Iraq war because under their laws they didn't get any of our legal protections.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Exactly right. Snowdens leaks have alluded to a group of between 5-7 partners that are involved in this whole surveillance fiasco. I forget the exact Countries but think it is US, UK, Germany, Austrailia, and Canada. Don't quote me on this... But it is fairly well known that since most of these Countries have restrictions on spying on its own citizens that they more or less subcontract the work out to another trusted spy agency. I am sure for example GCHQ uses tools similar or exact duplicates of Prism/Boundless Informant/XKeyscore. And your right that during the rendition program when we kidnapped people in the dead of night we flew them to Countries such as Egypt or Romania where the law does not exactly work the same as it does supposedly here.
edit on 3-8-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by aquamarine
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

If true, I would guess they are looking for certain posters who always show up on forums to spew hateful words about anything and anyone.

But what does that say about ATS as a 'conspiracy' forum - if the NSA is not watching this site - doesn't it say that attitudes for what is discussed here and the type of people who are here are not capable of being 'conspirators'?

For one, it hasn't been established beyond a reasonable doubt that the NSA is not watching ATS. And as far as conspirators are concerned, anyone, and I mean anyone can have the appropriate storyline, rationale, mind control applied to them to have them do anything the controllers want. And I might add, that due to the covertness and depth the real controllers are at, no one can be trusted. You doubt me? Ask JFK.

ATS ? I love it. There is no better show on earth. Personally I don't worry about being monitored by the NSA or any other organization, because I know there is something "higher" that watches all of us. nuff said.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

ATS used to be worth surveilling. Things have changed now.

Maybe one day, we'll get back to our glory of being worthy of NSA surveillance. Until then, enjoy your week late reddit/facebook posts being plastered all over the top page of ATS

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The NSA monitors every website using webots to detect keywords, much like Google does. I think theres even a thread about it here on ATS.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Maybe it is because ATS is sort of "Conspiracy-Lite" and is full of people, shills, true believers, and regular folk, that keep us on-track with the official story and other disinformation.

If ATS were exclusively for 10 year-olds this would be the site where general consensus would be insisting Santa Claus is real and maybe the Easter Bunny too, though the Tooth Fairy appears to be a highly questionable parental conspiracy. We would be priding ourselves for having exposed The Great Pumpkin as a hoax story invented by cartoonist Charles Schulz and touting that as our great achievement toward exposing The Truth.

edit on 3-8-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I'm currently in a rush and haven't read any of the replies, so forgive me if I am repeating...

That plugin only alerts for sights known to be associated with PRISM. It's not actually detecting anything more than cookies from a handful of sights.

More importantly there was a security warning issued yesterday or the day before suggesting that the method in which the plugin works could be used to phish your system.

Just a heads up

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Could we not simply offer them their own NSA thread.

Obviously there are a few things i am sure some people would like to say to the them, and more importantly i am certain there are some things they would like to talk with us about. Why not make it open to them to do so?
Maybe we can help. Despite the general rhetoric, ATS seems to be full of useful information if you take the time to find it.

Oh and so i am clear. Frankly, i am all for spying on every other crazy ass nation, assassinations, gun smuggling, black site prisons and full access to some of the darkest and most awe inspiring secrets they have to offer.
I just wanna get paid for doing it.

Sign me up.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Twice we had shooters
reply to post by FlyersFan

I was just wondering what you meant I have only been a member for almost 2 years and don't know much of ATS history....please explain...thanks

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think it's highly unlikely that the NSA isn't watching ATS. There are a lot of discussions here about revolution, gun control, terrorist incidents, it would be completely stupid to assume this site isn't being flagged by keyword analysis every single day.

We also know that there have been people as members here who have gone on to be subjects of investigation, or done things that would require checking up on them.

If the NSA isn't watching ATS like it's watching other sites, then the NSA is not doing what it SAYS it is doing.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I think that many in law enforcement do look in on ATS from time to time; they may be looking for someone; gathering information etc.

Also...I think that ATS is probably on a list...what kind... I really don't know.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

As much as I like the idea of knowing I am being watched I think I will uninstall this app do to the annoying interruption.
reply to post by freedomataprice

You don't have to uninstall it. You can just disable it via "options/add-on", then click disable on the gadget addion. Then you could enable it if you wanted to check other sites at any time.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
reply to post by defcon5

Exactly right. Snowdens leaks have alluded to a group of between 5-7 partners that are involved in this whole surveillance fiasco. I forget the exact Countries but think it is US, UK, Germany, Austrailia, and Canada. Don't quote me on this... But it is fairly well known that since most of these Countries have restrictions on spying on its own citizens that they more or less subcontract the work out to another trusted spy agency. I am sure for example GCHQ uses tools similar or exact duplicates of Prism/Boundless Informant/XKeyscore. And your right that during the rendition program when we kidnapped people in the dead of night we flew them to Countries such as Egypt or Romania where the law does not exactly work the same as it does supposedly here.
edit on 3-8-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

Since this type of stuff interests me and I write about it on my blog I did spend a bit of time researching the cozy relationship between the US and UK and how it might relate to surveillance.

The Group of Countries is referred to as "Five Eyes". The larger term for the work of the spying is something maybe you have heard of named "Echelon".

For other uses, see Echelon (disambiguation). National Security Agency surveillance Map of global NSA data collection Programs Pre-2001– ECHELON Main Core 2001– President's Surveillance Program NSA warrantless surveillance Terrorist Surveillance Program STELLARWIND Turbulence PINWALE (NSA internet database) MAINWAY (NSA call database) Room 641A 2007– PRISM Boundless Informant X-Keyscore Dropmire Fairview Surveillance Detection Unit GCHQ collaboration – IMP Tempora Mastering the Internet Global Telecoms Exploitation Discontinued – Trailblazer Project ThinThread Legislation Protect America Act of 2007 FISA Amendments Act of 2008 • Patriot Act Institutions FISC • Senate Intelligence Committee Lawsuits ACLU v. NSA • Hepting v. AT&T • Jewel v. NSA • Clapper v. Amnesty Whistleblowers William Binney • Thomas Drake • Mark Klein • Edward Snowden • Thomas Tamm • Russ Tice Publication 2001-2007 • 2013 Related Cablegate • Surveillance of reporters • Mail tracking • UN diplomatic spying • Insider Threat Program Concepts SIGINT • Metadata Collaboration United States CSS • CYBERCOM DOJ • FBI • CIA DHS • IAO Five Eyes CSEC • GCHQ DSD • GCSB Other DGSE • BND v t e A radome at RAF Menwith Hill, a site with satellite downlink capabilities believed to be used by ECHELON. RAF Menwith Hill Misawa Air Base Security Operations Center (MSOC)

ECHELON is a name used in global media and in popular culture to describe a signals intelligence (SIGINT) collection and analysis network operated on behalf of the five signatory states to the UKUSA Security Agreement[1] (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States, referred to by a number of abbreviations, including AUSCANNZUKUS[1] and Five Eyes).[2][3] It has also been described as the only software system which controls the download and dissemination of the intercept of commercial satellite trunk communications.[4] ECHELON, according to information in the European Parliament document, "On the existence of a global system for the interception of private and commercial communications (ECHELON interception system)" was created to monitor the military and diplomatic communications of the Soviet Union and its Eastern Bloc allies during the Cold War in the early 1960s.[5] The system has been reported in a number of public sources.[6] Its capabilities and political implications were investigated by a committee of the European Parliament during 2000 and 2001 with a report published in 2001,[5] and by author James Bamford in his books on the National Security Agency of the United States.[4] The European Parliament stated in its report that the term ECHELON is used in a number of contexts, but that the evidence presented indicates that it was the name for a signals intelligence collection system. The report concludes that, on the basis of information presented, ECHELON was capable of interception and content inspection of telephone calls, fax, e-mail and other data traffic globally through the interception of communication bearers including satellite transmission, public switched telephone networks (which once carried most Internet traffic) and microwave links.[5] Bamford describes the system as the software controlling the collection and distribution of civilian telecommunications traffic conveyed using communication satellites, with the collection being undertaken by ground stations located in the footprint of the downlink leg.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

This may or may not be the treaty. I only quickly glanced over it.

www.state.gov...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Who knows....maybe ATS is NSA and therefore they are able to hide the fact they are watching in plain site.

edit on 3-8-2013 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Of course ATS is being watched. Ghostery plugin on Chrome shows these:

But there really isn't site which isn't watched.

Zedo is private company that sells information to Internet publishers, advertisers and agencies, and so is Gorilla Nation
edit on 3-8-2013 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Details of the arrangement can be found here...

filestore.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

Or here.

www.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

If ATS were exclusively for 10 year-olds this would be the site where general consensus would be insisting Santa Claus is real and maybe the Easter Bunny too, though the Tooth Fairy appears to be a highly questionable parental conspiracy. We would be priding ourselves for having exposed The Great Pumpkin as a hoax story invented by cartoonist Charles Schulz and touting that as our great achievement toward exposing The Truth.
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Thanks a lot! Now you've ruined it. I thought Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy really existed. However, the biggest letdown is now knowing that The Great Pumpkin is fake.
Good Grief Charlie Brown!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Who says they aren't?
second line

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Haven't got time to read the whole thread yet.

But I would think ATS is being watched more than any other site of this same ilk.

I could be biased but this site seems more credible than the others, with more knowledgeable, inside, and also dodgy people posting on a regular basis.

If I worked for the NSA, I'd have plenty of people monitoring this site. Seems obvious to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
By the way, there is one thing you can do to minimize NSA surveillance. You can stop using the internet, cancel all of your credit card accounts, cut up your "reward cards", stop using the US mail, your smart phones, land-line phones, and just about any other electronic means of communication. In other words, go completely off the grid. That is what Bin Laden did, and it worked for him for many years. It was one of his messenger runners that finally turned coat on him. Anyone willing to do that? The real question is, "Do you have something that the NSA is interested in, or are you just spouting things you have no intention of ever following through on? "It's not as simple an answer for most people, is it?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join