It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are all the other sites similar to ATS being watched by the NSA, while ATS is not? Any ideas

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Yes but do they know, we know , they know we know???

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This site is 100% being watched by the NSA... They even approached the site owners and asked about getting inside..
That's why the firefox plugin doesn't alert here is because they have not sold out like the other sites.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Panopticon -

My guess is their goal (for now) is to have people assuming they're being watched at all times whether or not they actually are.

You walk into a store, you may not even actually notice the cameras but if you were even thinking about doing anything wrong, you'd just assume the cameras would see it. For all you know, they're not even recording but you would have to assume they are.

I'm thinking this is their aspiration for all of society. To have people believing and assuming they are being observed at all times. Even in their own homes.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Godlikeproductions said my IP address is not trusted, so won't allow me in, unless I pay a fee. I still don't quite know what to make of it. Is it just a scam to get me to pay, or was there really something wrong with my IP address, which is a plain vanilla east coast USA Verizon address?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
They are looking for people who are clearly say something which could be taken as a threat. From what I see here on ATS, that kind of conversation does not happen so often. ATS is a site usually filled with people who want to talk about stuff instead of plotting something extreme; which is a good thing actually.
edit on 5-8-2013 by freedomwv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Because you are completely getting taken if you think a firefox download can tell you if the NSA is monitoring a site. The NSA is monitoring all traffic via prism. A copy of the entire internet is going to them.

That silly thing you downloaded probably tells you when a social network has a button on the page that reports your last browser page, thus telling you the NSA got it.

If finding out if the NSA was listening was that easy, why didn't you forward it the the EFF when the lost the privacy case because they couldn't find one single person able to prove the NSA was monitoring their personal traffic so they weren't allowed to bring a case forward… you failed us!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
ATS run by NSA to ferret out dissenters and home grown terrorists?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

First I am not going to pull ATS down as it is my favourite site,.
The reason so many of these site's are monitored is two fold, one, information is power and two, in todays world a rogue site could very easily be used to spread malicious propaganda or even recruit members to or facilitate a medium through which certain group's that may need to be watched might communicate, DONT GET ME WRONG I am not saying it like it but it may be necessary with the one caveat whom watches the watchers.

The FBI have been getting a very bad press but I am one hundred percent certain that they are your best hope to protect and restore your democracy but only if they come back to there prime purpose as the untouchable's whose sole goal was to bring to justice ANYONE whom threatened the democratic law and order of the US (I as an outsider noticed over time how the official mantra of the US defence went from protecting the US and it's constitution to Protecting there lifestyle?), They were the one's whom were supposed to prevent the likes of the MIC from taking over your country and I am certain that most of there agent's are patriotic and decent American's whom are trying to protect there country and there people.

I really believe this but I am not there so am not boot's on the ground as they say.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Rather than change the topic here on this thread, I have created a new thread, where I would like ATS members to answer a very serious question, namely where you will still be honest in what you post, especially regarding items the government is involved in. The new thread is here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
As other have pointed out, the "Dark side of the Prism" Firefox Add-on is trash. It's going to be an almost entirely guessed at list of domains that set off the alarm bells.

The other thing that amuses me, it how problematic sites like ATS must be for government agencies. When their hardware trawls through ATS looking for key words and phrases it must cause such a massive hot-spot, that they probably end up ignoring it entirely. What a hoot.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I have often thought that perhaps ATS was a project developed by TPTB to have a forum for people who have had enough to talk about and share their frustrations. It can be very 'helpful' in quelling these frustrations from turning into something else, plans and actions.

Think about it, talking about problems and frustrations is one of the best therapies for working through them in a peaceful manner.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I have a plan to end this madness...

Well, maybe it's not full proof.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Looked at the source code of the plugin, well .. not really surprised:

// Basic list of providers based on media coverage
var prismSitez = ["google.com", "gmail.com", "facebook.com", "bing.com", "yahoo.com", "aol.com","apple.com","skype.com", "microsoft.com", "youtube.com","hotmail.com"];

These are the sites within that plugin and then the following part only compares the current site URL to the list above:

for (var i = 0; i < prismSitez.length; i++) [
if(window.location.host.indexOf(prismSitez) > -1) [
console.log("sitecheck: " + window.location.host);
isWeWatched = true;
currentSite = i;
console.log(prismSitez);
]
]

That's it!

I think this one is a joke add-on :-D

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this Snowden stuff and one thing that seems obvious to me is that the NSA has got to have a pretty slick hiring process. Just pull up the last 5 years of "Dave's" phone calls/texts/internet... see who he has been calling, who he has emailed, what sites he has visited...probably get a pretty good idea if he's NSA material. I would imagine if ATS pops up, Dave is going to have some explaining to do, and might have to settle for that sandwich artist position at Subway.

edit: I really wonder if this 5 years of info holding is true... why not just add capacity and keep it as long as possible. I wouldn't doubt they don't take some of it "offline" and store it somewhere for infinity..maybe transfer it to long term storage (bluray?)...
edit on 5-8-2013 by dingleberrydan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dingleberrydan

Snowden did not work for the NSA. He was employed by the CIA and then a private contractor called Booz Allen Hamilton. IMO this company is a CIA front and I believe that Snowden still is an asset of the CIA.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
ATS has to be on the list. If it isn't then I guess we know who really runs the site.
If GLP's is on the list and ATS is not? Frankenstein please!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by dingleberrydan

Snowden did not work for the NSA. He was employed by the CIA and then a private contractor called Booz Allen Hamilton. IMO this company is a CIA front and I believe that Snowden still is an asset of the CIA.

Yep. That is my gut feeling as well. Of course you never can really know for sure. It's all speculation but the whole thing stinks.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Yep. That is my gut feeling as well. Of course you never can really know for sure. It's all speculation but the whole thing stinks.
reply to post by BrianFlanders

Here's a far-out theory, if you're looking for one. The Snowden affair is a hoax, to scare people into THINKING that the government is serious about leaks. You've got clowns like Sen. McCain asking for the death penalty for him. What better way to try to scare people. What the heck, ATS still discusses conspiracies, right?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by zigguratvertigo
The other thing that amuses me, it how problematic sites like ATS must be for government agencies. When their hardware trawls through ATS looking for key words and phrases it must cause such a massive hot-spot, that they probably end up ignoring it entirely. What a hoot.

I think you hit the head on the nail there.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

reply to post by zigguratvertigo

It's sounds reasonable, but since there was once a real situation with an ATS member, they probably aren't taking chances anymore.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join