It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are all the other sites similar to ATS being watched by the NSA, while ATS is not? Any ideas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

You make a good point.

What are the odds that the NSA can't have Mozilla take down some ad-on that helps people track them tracking us?

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I'm sure the NSA has multiple ways that they collect info and not just this one way. That's why I say, they could be watching and we just don't know it.
reply to post by FlyersFan

As I stated on another thread, though, the vast amounts of data that is being collected, make it almost impossible to cull out innocent talk from real threats, especially since any terrorist worth his/salt is not using regular language to transmit. That is why I believe that the data they are collecting, will for the most part, be used AFTER a terrorist event to PROVE that they did it. It also brings up the real possibility that it is being used more as a blackmail tool than anything else. It would be extremely easy to pick out data for blackmail, but extremely difficult to make sense of the vast amount of data and PREVENT a terrorist attack, other than one executed by an extremely STUPID terrorist.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
hey,...as long as our NSA paychecks keeps coming in, we have nothing to worry about....geez, give our members a break for finding suitable employment

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
I downloaded the Firefox Add-On dark-side-of-the-prism, which warns you when a site you are visiting is being monitored. Virtually all the other discussion sites are being monitored, but so far, ATS is not. What do you think this says? I'd be interested in your comments here. For those that wish to check this out, the url for the Add-on is:
addons.mozilla.org...

Oh.. haha, I just made a thread about that plugin, I also threw out the possibility that the plugin is in fact a counter-surveillance tool and the developer is on the NSA payroll

Remember all those rumors over the past couple of years about ATS actually being a CIA ran site?
Well, there you have it, they dont wanna squeal on their own

edit on 3-8-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

hey,...as long as our NSA paychecks keeps coming in, we have nothing to worry about....geez, give our members a break for finding suitable employment
reply to post by jimmyx

You mean I'm getting paid for this? I thought this was just a part of my job description as an after-hours recreational hobby.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Oh.. haha, I just made a thread about that plugin, I also threw out the possibility that the plugin is in fact a counter-surveillance tool and the developer is on the NSA payroll Remember all those rumors over the past couple of years about ATS actually being a CIA ran site? Well, there you have it, they dont wanna squeal on their own
reply to post by Sharingan

Yes, I thought about that possibility. Again, though, they already have ways of capturing anything they want, though, so what would be the advantage?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

You mean I'm getting paid for this? I thought this was just a part of my job description as an after-hours recreational hobby.

sshhh....we need to keep this a secret from the paranoids on this site...."recreational hobby".... lol....nice cover story, I must have missed the reference in the manual..uhhmm...got to make a quick call on my shoe phone

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I downloaded the Firefox Add-On dark-side-of-the-prism, which warns you when a site you are visiting is being monitored.

Please, don't! I am drinking my morning coffee and have a hard time swallowing from the laughing.

Unless you REALLY believe that a FF plugin can tell you what "sites are watched by the NSA". Obviously someone thinks that the NSA is a kindergarten-group since the developer of that plugin OBVIOUSLY has not the slightest grip on how the NSA is working and what resources they have available.

And..what this says...as you are asking....is that you are *incredible* naive, not so much in believing that ATS is not "monitored"...but rather in believing that a plugin could tell you that reliably.
edit on 3-8-2013 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Oh, they'll know about ATS alright.

Google 'conspiracy websites' and the first result will be ATS. Google is pretty much leading the NSA here, Like detectives following an addict to a dealer.

As for shills, my aunty makes 900 dollars a day from home...

edit on 3-8-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Or...just an alternative thought...the plugin's not actually finding what it says it's finding. That'd be my guess.

I mean, really, someone(s) make a plugin that can foil a multi-billion dollar funded spy agency's code? What's more likely here?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

'tracking' is different than you leaving an 'Electronic Footprint' to follow...

your EF only collects the data of where you go, not what you say...
that aspect of tracking only comes later---after you are deemed a person-of-interest...then
the Analysts come into play

but ATS might not get that warning alert ... because the Google Ads tracker/Targeting algorithm is already working on all the ATS users

or something like that
edit on 3-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
already people that purchase Google glasses are being called "glassholes" and "glasshats"...I wonder what their going to called when they purchase these "moto" phones

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Because despite its name this site just re-reports the news and discusses things like UFO's and ghosts. Its all super tame in the big scheme of things.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Because despite its name this site just re-reports the news and discusses things like UFO's and ghosts. Its all super tame in the big scheme of things.

Would that be suggesting a more than fair amount of redundancy through aggregation?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I'm sure the NSA has multiple ways that they collect info and not just this one way. That's why I say, they could be watching and we just don't know it.
reply to post by FlyersFan

As I stated on another thread, though, the vast amounts of data that is being collected, make it almost impossible to cull out innocent talk from real threats,

That is why I believe that the data they are collecting, will for the most part, be used AFTER a terrorist event to PROVE that they did it.

now... except for that blackmail twist... you are getting to the nuts-&-bolts of the operation...

not only will they backtrack a 'person-of-interest' they will synch the social-media texts & voicemails etc connecting the various persons in a 'group',,, nexst off they will create 'profiles' on the subject to try to anticipate the persons possible future actions &/or the 'cells' actions....

there was a good sci-thriller about this very thing where the super-computer controlled all services and infrastructure to force a subject to comply with the plans of the 'programmers'
an ex-black ops guy somehow got mixed up with the story character (played the Fresh Prince of Belaire) in the ensuing mess.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRulesAllowed

I downloaded the Firefox Add-On dark-side-of-the-prism, which warns you when a site you are visiting is being monitored.

Please, don't! I am drinking my morning coffee and have a hard time swallowing from the laughing.

Unless you REALLY believe that a FF plugin can tell you what "sites are watched by the NSA". Obviously someone thinks that the NSA is a kindergarten-group since the developer of that plugin OBVIOUSLY has not the slightest grip on how the NSA is working and what resources they have available.

And..what this says...as you are asking....is that you are *incredible* naive, not so much in believing that ATS is not "monitored"...but rather in believing that a plugin could tell you that reliably.
edit on 3-8-2013 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

I stared you for that

Isn't it just mind boggling

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Maybe they monitor the actions of individual users more so then the collective ATS.

But it's doubtful you'd even be aware of who or what they're monitoring?
edit on 3-8-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

too funny. ^^^ THAT ^^^

Of course not. the 'plugin' is merely designed to 'giv the perception' that it's Actually working, when in fact it's merely cpmaring the site URL to a list of publically known, made known sites that have admittedle been 'weatched'.

Although, not so much due to size or web popularity, it would seem absurd to think the NSA would ignore a datastream the likes of that which is generated 24/7/365 by a site such as ATS.

A site Where Real People Are forever vocing their thoughts, inner most distrust and abhorance to the likes of nearly every .gov on the face of the planet.

Straight from the public's horse's mouth - like.

of course they're 'monitoring' ATS .... though at nowhere near the 'level' a mere 'plugin's' gonna be capable of detecting.

NSA 'operates' at more of a trunkline level, if not even further upline than that.

edit on 8/3/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: 'at more of' opposed to 'at a more'
speeling, too.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

Actually, you are really giving the government more credit than they deserve as far as IT is concerned. If they were so good, WHY weren't they able to catch Snowden when he stole all the data? ........I'm still waiting. Let me also say that I know much more than I can divulge about government systems that were total disasters.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

As for shills, my aunty makes 900 dollars a day from home...
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

Geez, I have to talk to the NSA. We're getting short-changed here.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join