It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are all the other sites similar to ATS being watched by the NSA, while ATS is not? Any ideas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Coz everything on here is whacked and
out of step with reality.

/

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If you really think a gimmick browser add on can really tell you if the NSA is watching or not you are far from understanding the way the internet works.. The add on is just a Toy nothing else.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

ProfEmeritus
I downloaded the Firefox Add-On dark-side-of-the-prism,

It's a novelty item and by no means accurate in any way.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The truth is, ATS isn't being watched by the prism group. According to posters, every other person on here is a shill, disinfo agent, spook, or the like.
Therefore, why would prism need to gather info when this is clearly home to the largest collection of agents to begin with.

-we are the dark side of the moon-

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

It's a novelty item and by no means accurate in any way.
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

True, Simon. Then again, so is prism. There is no way it will be able to detect and PREVENT most terrorist attacks. Then again, you and I know that is not its main function.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The posts can be publicly read, no need for special software.

I suspect that the entire Internet is scanned for certain keywords and that operatives only pay attention to them when currently relevant keywords appear.

Also, most of us are harmless kooks. Only very rarely does anything get posted that is actually dangerous to the status quo, despite the popular belief that all of these c-theories are "incredibly arcane and important secrets exposed".

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Because ATS is full of harmless nutters. No news there.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm guessing the add-on looks at the page trackers and scripts and checks if any of them are linked to Facebook or one of the other companies which was exposed as participating in the PRISM program. ATS doesn't use many trackers surprisingly, and it doesn't have those little social button widgets (the like button for example) embedded into the page. Of course there is a link to Facebook at the top of each page but it's not an external widget, it's just an image link and the image is stored on ATS servers.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The simple answer would be that ATS is probably "controlled". It's only a matter of, has it been controlled from the start or was it taken over at some point. ATS was my first "conspiracy" site. I was a lurker here for at least 3 years before I decided to register, and I can recall a much different ATS from then, in terms of quality of members, posts and all around atmosphere, than ATS of now and the last year or two. I've developed respect and admiration for quite a few memebers around here since the early days of my ATS experience, and I have seen alot of them either get inexplicably banned or practically drop off the boards and post MUCH less, which all started to happen around the "Twitter-isation" of this place. And these were/are very sharp and intelligent people, the cream of the ATS crop if you will, judging by the quality of posts and their civility. Many are gone now, and most of the veteran members or those that are becoming more prominent are of the "normalcy bias" type, or those that pretty much squash alot of serious discussion about certain topics. I used to come here ever single day for at least an hour. Now I barely come here once a week for 10 minutes. I'll be frank: I don't quite like what ATS has become nor do I like alot of the people that it seems to be drawing in.

People have been saying for awhile now that ATS is controlled by NSA or other such agencies, and I never quite disbelieved them, but I maintained that it was somewhat "free" of such taint. Now I pretty much believe it through my own observations and conclusions. The more sense you start to make around here, the more likely it seems that you get banned. ATS' motto may famously be "Deny Ignorance", but now, it seems more like its "Deny the Truth".

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

it is being watched. it doesn't really matter. Not sure why they hide in the shadows.. if they want my info and what i think they should just ask.

if they want to kill me for it yippee i can stop paying taxes and going to work . sounds like a win to me... i get to move on to the next phase of my existence.. but with my luck i would probably rot in a cell

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Because they got sick of Billy Meyers stories, Blurry UFO pics, and people ranting about how the NSA sucks.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Let's ask ATS Live to call and ask them. Be sure to record everything they say.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Don't be so naive.

The whole internets is monitored man.

Welcome to the new freedom.

Where everyone welcomes it. Just ask around. Everyone says, "well it doesn't matter to me, I don't have anything to hide". Or " if the gov't finds my life so interesting to spy on me, then go ahead they wont find anything" .

I feel like everyone as sociates freedom with being able to go to the store and purchase what you want. Since we can go pick out what sneakers we want, well we must be free..Instead of a fundamental belief of living free of infringement from the government and discrimated against for whatever reason.

Nevermind. Lol...I even read it here also.

We are monitored everywhere. All the time.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Hey Prof,
We are the good guys.

Don't be an dummy head undergraduate.
Best to You,

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The developer's page says this:

"When visiting any URLs that have been (publicly) targeted by Prism, a small notification will appear alerting that this site is being surveilled. You will then be presented with an ethereal Pink Floyd track from the "Dark Side of the Moon" album."

(My emboldening and red for emphasis.)

I assume by publicly targeted, they mean the big sites that have been mentioned in the Snowden revelations. All this plugin/add-on would seem to do is look at a list of these sites and then play music if you go to one of the them; it is not detecting for electronic cues that imply surveillance. Since ATS didn't show up in the NSA slide presentation, it is not on the list. It doesn't mean it or other sites aren't also being monitored.

I highly recommend anybody looking into a browser plugin read the "About this Add-on" (or similar such box) on the app's page in order to see what it does. This was all of four sentences for this app, and would have answered the OP's question without need of this thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I think the larger conspiracy here, is them claiming that they know what the NSA code looks like, or operates like.

I'm pretty sure the NSA would have methods of observing EVERY site on the internet, without any software being able to detect it.

It seems some people believe that they only possess technology that is available to us peasants.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by aquamarine

If true, I would guess they are looking for certain posters who always show up on forums to spew hateful words about anything and anyone.

But what does that say about ATS as a 'conspiracy' forum - if the NSA is not watching this site - doesn't it say that attitudes for what is discussed here and the type of people who are here are not capable of being 'conspirators'?

as in this type of social interaction is cathartic? good point!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

my problem with it is that they are storing our every move. why would they need to do that unless it was for future persecution. how about that little thing about self-incrimination in the Bill of Rights?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I..as in this account...is not the actual entity writing this post...I am a program designed to respond to posts on this site.......that being said...i plead the 5th.....
oh..and..hey N.S.A. suck my big fat toe
you want the truth??you cant handle,the truth..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join