It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are all the other sites similar to ATS being watched by the NSA, while ATS is not? Any ideas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Of course not. the 'plugin' is merely designed to 'giv the perception' that it's Actually working, when in fact it's merely cpmaring the site URL to a list of publically known, made known sites that have admittedle been 'weatched'.

What it is, is silly.

On top of that they turned Dark Side of the Moon in to muzak. Piano muzak.

Curse them and their stupid app.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Let me net out what is really happening with NSA's data capture. Someone in the government said 'let's capture all the data on the net." Someone high up said "Sounds like a good deal. Let's do it". They contact their favorite vendors, after writing an RFP that can only be satisfied by their largest contributors, of course. Someone "wins" the bid. They write the system. Nobody bothers to write the back-end system that processes that data. (that will be another bid somewhere down the line.) Then some big-wigs in Washington realize that they can use it for blackmail. They then make the main function of the data capture to be for backtracking, maybe for proof of crime, (BUT REMEMBER, under the Patriot Act, they don't really need proof-they can just send people to Gitmo, torture them, and get them to confess, so why bother). Since they don't need proof, and since the chances of catching a terrorist act BEFORE it happens are virtually nil with this system, unless they get real lucky, or unless the terrorists are really stupid, they decide to rewrite the back-end as a simple inquiry, to dig up whatever they want on persons that they want to control. This is a political tool. Period.
End of Discussion. Class is over, kiddies. Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
reply to post by VoidHawk

NSA 'operates' more at a trunkline level, if not even further upline than that.

Precisely.
For ATS to not be monitored...well...that would mean you guys have installed filters.....

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

It's because ATS is a *JOKE* site.

There's nothing even vaguely "top secret" about this place.

It used to be a site where you could learn a bit of the truth. You used to be able to chat with people who knew the inner workings of the U.S, etc.

Now?

It's just a dumping ground for retarded right-wing Fox trolls and mental rejects that never even received their Grade 12.
edit on 3-8-2013 by VaterOrlaag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots

On top of that they turned Dark Side of the Moon in to muzak. Piano muzak.

Curse them and their stupid app.

never tried nor checked the 'plugin', didn't have to, so i didn't know that little part right there.

MUZAK!????

BLASPHEMOUS!!!

:shk:

edit on 8/3/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The APP has to be total B.S. If was as easy as four hours to build it is junk.
2nd line JUNK!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well gee, sounds like it works about the same way that the Ghost Radar app works on people's phones. Actually, not even that entertaining I'm afraid. It just activates while surfing sites that are in its list of sites. Think of it as a pre-formatted Net Nanny of sorts that rather than blocking the sites, it plays a low grade midi file.

I think I would stick with Ghost Radar for a freaky app.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Yes, piano muzak. Dark Side of the Prism just experienced the shortest life of any 'extension' I have ever added to Firefox.

I am also marvelling at the fact that the stupid thing only works in hindsight, "Oops, I shouldn't have gone to that site". Boy, that was sure helpful.

There is obviously going to be a weird quasi-religious phase that people are going to go through where they purchase and employ worthless talismans in the hopes of warding off the evil eye.

Good stuff for science fiction novels.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If you don't think that this site is being monitored by the spooks, I have a vast array of land in Florida to sell you.

2nd line.
edit on 3-8-2013 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
To answer your question as to why ATS is not being monitored..... I have no clue.

To thank you for bringing this app to my attention. S&F This is wonderful.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ok it is now telling me that the NSA has been monitoring my cat website. So since when is a cats bowel habits and brand of cat food pertinent. Or is it the person running the site? Or is this add-on a joke? Opinions please?

I mentioned here multiple times that I got a call-back once from a data center telling me a phone call was recorded.

So let me guess, using my constitutional right of free speech allows me to be monitored?
edit on 3-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Ok it is now telling me that the NSA has been at my cat website. So since when is a cats bowel habits and brand of cat food pertinent.
reply to post by elouina

Maybe your cat was a secret operative placed by the NSA to monitor you.
BTW, many members are giving the NSA much more credit than they deserve. I'm telling you, they couldn't stop Snowden from downloading tons of data, and releasing it. Use your common sense, people, this is nothing more than an "after event" processor, and blackmail tool. Period.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You know my cats have been acting suspicious lately. And the other day? I caught my cat typing some mysterious code on my keyboard.

$6742w7xaskljlf9324more$%^#$&%^food4475pleaseNHUIY8

I am still trying to decipher it.

edit on 3-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Why are all the other sites similar to ATS being watched by the NSA, while ATS is not?

I think there is a broad context base that can be overlooked... based on what we know vs. what we don't know in such a society as our NSA security state.

For instance, do we think we know everyone they are watching on the web? Is it possible that deeper down they are watching even more?

But more than anything, how could one imagine ATS; home to some of the most intelligent, most devoted conspiracy theorists... somehow being neglected or ignored?

Christ! The concept is so ridiculous that it almost demands a 'lol' without the first L.

Besides that... while this is a privately owned common, it is still open to be seen by anyone on the web, the NSA or the FBI or the DEA or the ATF or the CIA or even Franco-American, not excluded.

To imagine this site and those who speak here NOT being watched... questions the logic that got there

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

You think there is a firefox addon that detects NSA monitoring?

Really?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
my guess is ATS is WAY TOO SMALL. What do they care about a few wake jobs chatting about wild and crazy CT's??? And if they do, OH YA RIGHT ON!!! ha ha....naaa they don't care about all this. Even if they did who cares. All it is is a bunch of people chatting about wacked out conspiracies. I think they're more interested in what the masses are tuning into. They can't put people who are awake back to sleep. It's impossible. But they can keep the masses under main stream media, that's pretty important.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
They most likely watch GLP because Trinity is a racist hacker scumbag. I would avoid GLP at all costs personally. It is a free site but you will get banned if you do not agree to sign up. Once you sign up you can avoid being banned. There are many horror stories about Trinity being a hacker/stalker around if you even casually search. Last I knew he used the name ghettomonk. I would not be shocked if he monitored this website as well. There is blatant racism towards African Americans and Muslims on that site on a daily basis.

I will add that this app is most likely crapola. In case you had not figured it out the NSA most likely does monitor foreigners and has the GCHQ monitor Americans. That is the way it has been working since WW2.. It allows them to follow the basic letter of the law.

www.theguardian.com...

Why do you suppose the US is funding GCHQ and they are so worried about the "relationship".

edit on 3-8-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
OK so I logged into my email and the song came on. So I guess if this app is correct my email IS being tracked.
As much as I like the idea of knowing I am being watched I think I will uninstall this app do to the annoying interruption.

I know I am being watched, way before Snowden told me.

Welcome to 1984.

I seem to live in room 101.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If I had to guess...
Its because we have a strict policy about not allowing the discussion of illegal topics, and those are the topics they are interested in tracking. So they are going to tend to be more interested in sites where those types of conversations, and rumors, are floating around.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
I downloaded the Firefox Add-On dark-side-of-the-prism, which warns you when a site you are visiting is being monitored. Virtually all the other discussion sites are being monitored, but so far, ATS is not. What do you think this says? I'd be interested in your comments here. For those that wish to check this out, the url for the Add-on is:
addons.mozilla.org...

Easy. Because the Firefox Add-On dark-side-of-the-prism was designed by the NSA and tells you just what they want you to believe!

This is why I will never post on ATS my plans to blow up the White House using a backpack, a pressure cooker and hi-jacked airliner

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join