It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are all the other sites similar to ATS being watched by the NSA, while ATS is not? Any ideas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I downloaded the Firefox Add-On dark-side-of-the-prism, which warns you when a site you are visiting is being monitored. Virtually all the other discussion sites are being monitored, but so far, ATS is not. What do you think this says? I'd be interested in your comments here. For those that wish to check this out, the url for the Add-on is:
addons.mozilla.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Because Ats is considered by the Nsa to be like Ufos and publically declare them to off no defence significance.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
From your link:

When visiting any URLs that have been (publicly) targeted by Prism, a small notification will appear alerting that this site is being surveilled. You will then be presented with an ethereal Pink Floyd track from the "Dark Side of the Moon" album.

Are you referring to other discussing boards like reddit or fb or tumblr? Those were 'public' information I suppose, but I would think that sites like ATS aren't nearly the treasure troves of interesting information for the NSA or whoever than we think they are.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

However, there are other sites that discuss exactly the same topics, word for word, and they ARE being surveyed. I don't wish to mention those sites, as it may violate ATS posting rules, but people know what they are.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Just wanted to add that the discussion of other sites like ATS is OK so long as:

You aren't promotion the other board.
You aren't bashing the other board.
You aren't linking to those boards.

Discussion within context of something entirely unrelated to the actual website, like if the NSA is watching, is OK as far as I know

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Why are all the other sites similar to ATS being watched by the NSA, while ATS is not?

1 - Maybe they are being watched and we just don't know it. (very possible)
2 - I haven't seen anything here worthy of NSA attention. Not 911 forum. Not alien chatter.
Nothing. Twice we had shooters ... but we learned that after the fact with backtracking.
It wasn't evident by their posting ...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

If true, I would guess they are looking for certain posters who always show up on forums to spew hateful words about anything and anyone.

But what does that say about ATS as a 'conspiracy' forum - if the NSA is not watching this site - doesn't it say that attitudes for what is discussed here and the type of people who are here are not capable of being 'conspirators'?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thanks. I was acting with an abundance of caution. Godlikeproductions is being watched. I don't use it, nor am I registered, but as soon as I entered it, and chose a thread, the add-on acted, by playing "dark side of the moon". Just curious as to whether ATS has something blocking NSA.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
I downloaded the Firefox Add-On dark-side-of-the-prism, which warns you when a site you are visiting is being monitored. Virtually all the other discussion sites are being monitored, but so far, ATS is not. What do you think this says? I'd be interested in your comments here. For those that wish to check this out, the url for the Add-on is:
addons.mozilla.org...

My guess is that your activity on this site has no recordable value that is not already accessible by simply threading the pages you create as you make them. Content is open and exposed. Other than private messages, there would be no need to have privileged access. Sites like Facebook are different and require a digital framework to sort the information. This site is more of an analog site that is threaded simply into databases.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Just curious as to whether ATS has something blocking NSA.

I don't think that's possible to be honest with you. I'm not sure exactly, but I'm not under the impression that ATS has several billion dollars being spent on that kind of security lol.

It would be nice, but I would also think that would make us a huge target.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't when it comes to all things government.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Maybe they are being watched and we just don't know it.
reply to post by FlyersFan

The only way that would be possible, given how the Add-on is written, is that they have separate code just for ATS, since the software detects the NSA-written code. I doubt that they would go to that trouble, when they could just run the surveillance if they were concerned. Actually, like others have said, I don't see much they could get of a real threat nature here, but then again, I don't think that they would get much from other sites, UNLESS they had specific information that those sites were being used by terrorists to transmit message. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Maybe because we are mostly civil to each other here they find us boring.

Or maybe when you are the center of things...you don't need watching. Cue Mission: Impossible music.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

And sites like GLP do?

Ha!

My question in regards to the OP's question would be how reliable that app is.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I don't think that's possible to be honest with you. I'm not sure exactly, but I'm not under the impression that ATS has several billion dollars being spent on that kind of security lol.

I agree that it is unlikely, especially since the NSA gets right down to the bit level, and I agree that I don't see much intelligence data that they could get here. I guess a better way to put the OP is to ask WHY other sites, such as GLP and Alex Jones sites(which are being watched) ARE watched by NSA.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

The only way that would be possible, given how the Add-on is written, is that they have separate code just for ATS, since the software detects the NSA-written code

I think the larger conspiracy here, is them claiming that they know what the NSA code looks like, or operates like.

Let's remember that these are the people who supposedly built STUXNET, Duqu and Flame. All of which are very possibly programs that lead or assisted in the creation of these new surveillance tools.

The encryption and code used by the NSA are largely still classified. It's just a bit spurious to me that anybody, outside of high level government agencies or mutli billion dollar corporations could feasibly do this.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

addons.mozilla.org...

different missions require different methods. ATS is monitored via implants and fake accounts, no digital monitoring is required, i would imagine, when you have govt. shills posting on the board on a regular basis.

just a theory.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Maybe because we are mostly civil to each other
reply to post by TDawgRex

LOL! I guess you haven't ever been the target of trolls.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Maybe because we are mostly civil to each other
reply to post by TDawgRex

LOL! I guess you haven't ever been the target of trolls.

Sure I have.

But I rarely feed them, and when I do, it's for my amusement, not theirs.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

And sites like GLP do?

No, but they have even nuttier people there so I'd think that would be the reason for watching it.

as for ATS being watched or not on the list ....
I'm sure the NSA has multiple ways that they collect info and not just this one way.
That's why I say, they could be watching and we just don't know it.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The encryption and code used by the NSA are largely still classified. It's just a bit spurious to me that anybody, outside of high level government agencies or mutli billion dollar corporations could feasibly do this.

There is, of course, as I'm sure you know, that either a mole, or someone like Snowden, who was on the inside, could turn. In fact, most of the real security disasters in the past, were orchestrated by turn-coat employees of the government. I need only mention names like Pollard, and even as far back as Benedict Arnold, to prove that it happens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join