It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daring to be Different in the Black Community

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Greetings Deertermined:

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.Personally, I've seen too many people of all races make the choice to be separated from people just to get attention. It doesn't matter to them that it's negative attention as long as they're getting it. Usually, from what I've seen, it stems from a lack of love and attention from a parent or a family that's had way too many kids that they couldn't afford or dedicate time to. Everything about life is a choice.You either choose to be a victim of your circumstances, regardless of what they are, or you don't.

We can disagree, I am okay with that. I am happy to see people convey their opinions with tact. On the other hand, I find it hard to believe that a thinking homo sapien sapien will go hungry, or will prefer to stay a consumer. Honestly, sit back and think about this, could and would you like to live in those conditions, I can answer it for you, No. Would you honestly like to be in constant, primal 'survival' mode?? Honestly, from man to man do you think this is by choice. Even if the opportunities exist now, and an individual can not fully mobilize him or herself to utilize these opportunities, this reflects a psychological issue. I agree with you on the part about being a victim of your circumstances, but explain that to a child who does NOT have many examples of that. I mean, we can recognize the psychological impact shows have on a child, yet their were few examples of a full so called "black" family.The cosby's, hanging with Mr. cooper and a few others, I mean think about it from the eyes of a child. We learn from example, and if they aren't present then what??? Everything about life is choice, but some things are influenced by others like the impact of Crack.Regular inner city individuals like myself do not possess the knowledge of converting plants that are found in south america, converting them to a powder, then converting them into a solid. That is the work of a chemist, the same chemist that created '___' for the military and its pilots and soldiers.This is deeper than it appears. If we are going to talk about any problem we must start at the cause and not the effect.
I starred you even though we share a difference of opinions, I recognize where you are coming from.

Greetings, Navy Doc :

You said that African kings and Queens were "tricked" into making war or having slavery. I would suggest that people figured out how to do bad things to each other on their own a long time before various religions evolved. There are a multitude of motivators to do bad things to your fellow man: resources, land, territory, wealth, power, preserving your bloodline. Such things have always been part of the human condition.

Your absolutely right. But, this has nothing to do with my post, nor does it have to do with people classifying people as sub-human, or depriving them natural-born rights and freedoms based off of place of origin, ancestory, heritage, or religious affiliation. One fact I will stress and exclaim as loud as I can, african warfare never resulted in slavery. ONLY INDENTURED SERVANTS, AND POW'S,which were entitled to the same access and opportunities after their service. Fact check please before you refute. Please please fact check. No this is has not always been apart of the human condition. Go get the word from indigenous people that existed prior to this new plague that stained the moral fabric of human history. People did NOT war over minute things like resources because trading was completely different than it was today. If trade is fair no cares who has what, its only when people want to control the source and distribute it to whom they deem worthy. This is fairly new, the earth did NOT operate under these primitive, ego driven policies and hidden agendas. People had a different relationship with the earth.

Greetings supremecommander :
So if we are going to agree with what your saying, that means we have to reject all of the research, evidence, and verifiable human history, which I cannot do. I am sorry , that you and the blind following you have (the people starring you) possess a corrupt version of human history. Guns and resources were used, they tricked people by using "god" and trading basic things like salt. If you believe that

that is done on one's own accord.

that alone proves you have no real knowledge about the slave trade. Seriously, go fact check please. I understand what your saying, but check and see if any of my claims have are valid.

Greetings, stormdancer777:

It seems to me that some names evolved into something negative, did the "N" word always have a negative connotation?

It didn't but by its pure existence it is alien compared to this and many consider negro is related to necro meaning death.You probably dont see anything wrong with your post, ex Hungarian, French, to Black???

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It really wasn't that long ago....

Lest we forget...

www.splcenter.org...

Daring to be different and payed the ultimate price.

edit on 15-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Although her color may not be of importance to you, it is of importance to this thread because "buttercookie" (still curious where that name comes from) set the tone by creating the thread that relied heavily on the black vs. white thing from the opening post, where she spoke plainly about her terrible black family trying to sabotage her from the white worlds success. Go check it out if you haven't yet. It's great she went to college but doesn't mean she is better than anyone or has any real understanding of things.

Oh and the fact she is black denouncing the black community is the very reason why many starred flagged and posted here. That's reality and can be proven by looking through the posts to this thread with just a pinch of discernment.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

cont........
here is the kicker if we are going to talk about roots and to prove my point. Blanco(white),Blanquedor(bleach), Branco(white),Bianco(white),Black(Black???????NOPE!!)- they all come from the same root. There are other words people use to describe other like every single nationality in your post. There are alot of things that needs to be discussed but, im just trying to respond to people with facts, im sorry if my post are a little off-track.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LizardSlicks

Oh and the fact she is black denouncing the black community is the very reason why many starred flagged and posted here. That's reality and can be proven by looking through the posts to this thread with just a pinch of discernment.

You know what they say about people that assume things, right?

I starred and flagged her for her bravery, she had the balls to come forth and talk about a topic that is very taboo, as you have proven.

People hate to hear the truth sometimes and you are a prime example of being one of those individuals.

:-*

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Welcome to the human race. you sweet understanding lady.
I myself am white in color but i am human at heart.
I have dreamed of the whole world being ONE for many many years.
I wish i knew how to fix this problem but my thoughts are that money is
the root of all evil.
It makes good people bad.
That were outherwise good at heart.
Our system is crazy.
A person cannot defend themselves without reprocussions because of race creed or color.
I was once religious but now i am not.
I still believe there is a higher being.
We just don't deserve his presence for we are like tiny children without any direction at all.
May peace be with you always.
The B.M.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I know it's wikipedia but it has references to back up its content. Wait for it, wait for it... Negro means dark or black. You are wrong.

---en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-7-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
]reply to post by whyamIhere

we noticed....
We just think the "She isn't black enough" argument is poppycock.

You didn't notice anything. There is nothing wrong with people getting education, it should be encouraged.. but OP did was disgusting.. she got her education, then look down on her people.... "im glad im not one of them"-kinda attitude.

Its about how she thinks she is better because she broken some sort of barrier that was never really there... so all she did was make all the black culture look bad. She pretty much relates her "breaking barrier" as something a black culture does not permit, which is the real poppycock.

You saying "she is not black enough" = saying black people don't get education and us criticizing her ego are hating her for her education.

What we are critizing is her undertone of degrading black culture as illiterate.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

cont........
here is the kicker if we are going to talk about roots and to prove my point. Blanco(white),Blanquedor(bleach), Branco(white),Bianco(white),Black(Black???????NOPE!!)- they all come from the same root. There are other words people use to describe other like every single nationality in your post. There are alot of things that needs to be discussed but, im just trying to respond to people with facts, im sorry if my post are a little off-track.

www.sensationalcolor.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

she had the balls to come forth and talk about a topic that is very taboo..

See THIS is the problem here!

She did not stand against Saudi Arabia Government and got a driving license... THAT IS BREAKING BARRIER.

What she did was not a taboo, which black family tells their kids to settle for less? There is no black family telling that kind of thing (unless money is involved then it goes for anyone really)

OP invented some BS about black preventing education, then goes onto say how she triumphed it, then on top of that, smears entire blacks like some kinda of savage illiterate race.

and she gets cookies as her rewards.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

You don't get out often, do you?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

i get out plenty, do you live in a perfect world?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

we noticed....

You didn't notice anything. There is nothing wrong with people getting education, it should be encouraged.. but OP did was disgusting.. she got her education, then look down on her people.... "im glad im not one of them"-kinda attitude.

Its about how she thinks she is better because she broken some sort of barrier that was never really there... so all she did was make all the black culture look bad. She pretty much relates her "breaking barrier" as something a black culture does not permit, which is the real poppycock.

You saying "she is not black enough" = saying black people don't get education and us criticizing her ego are hating her for her education.

What we are critizing is her undertone of degrading black culture as illiterate.

how can one black persons opinion make a whole culture(whatever that is), maybe you mean ethnic group, look bad?

edit on 15-7-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

You know what they say about people that assume things, right?

I starred and flagged her for her bravery, she had the balls to come forth and talk about a topic that is very taboo, as you have proven.

People hate to hear the truth sometimes and you are a prime example of being one of those individuals.

:-*

How ironic. Here you are giving me that old elementary adage, when you are doing that very thing in the next line yourself, by assuming that I think you're one of the many (read: many, not all) that have starred flagged and posted here for the wrong reasons. You also assumed anyone would care about why you starred and flagged something which is quite a jump considering your consistent lack of insight and content. You even tried assuming what kind of person I am and how I am feeling. Like I tried to tell you earlier....

proverbs 17:28

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

There's some assuming that can be of your benefit if you adhere to your limitations!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

reply to post by kimish

i get out plenty, do you live in a perfect world?

No, but I've been around the block more than a few times with all walks of life.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

And how about THAT, on the topic of assumptions. You are a fool. Nice beret though, looks so thoughtful

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

we noticed....

I just don't see it like that.

I see her as someone who has identified a problem in her culture.

She did not claim to represent everyone of color. Just herself.

I do take everything with suspicion. I just didn't get that from the OP.

I see what you are saying....In some cases you would be right.

I am just not getting that here.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I am going to repost once I articulate my point better.
edit on 15-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

And how about THAT, on the topic of assumptions. You are a fool. Nice beret though, looks so thoughtful

You’ve managed to tell everyone in the thread how they are wrong but I must have missed the post where you addressed the OP’s issue and how what’s being done to her is justified. Who is to blame for the OP feeling rejected by black community? Did the OP do something to deserve being ostracized…especially by her family? Is she the problem and the black community totally free from scrutiny?

I’m trying to figure out what their problem is and I keep being distracted by all the finger pointing going on. I bumped your first post in the thread but we never seemed to get the discussion going.

edit on 15-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Man.. there have been some really annoying and offensive posts from white posters in this thread. The ones that say OP is trying to appeal to white posters. Whether you realize it or not saying that you are implying that there aren't black people that feel the exact same as the OP.

Also I have black friends that have shown me the exact same thing. He took me to "yourblackworld" and showed me posters calling people like Herman Caine, Colin Powell, and others "white on the inside." I don't understand what there is this standard for being black. Black is a skin color it isn't a personality pigeonhole at least it shouldn't be.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join