It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daring to be Different in the Black Community

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ElPolloPlomero

I can understand that... can't you?

Here is an example...

My Aunt was in a really bad car wreck and it messed her up for life!! The man who hit her could not speak English. He was an illegal alien who didn't have insurance either.

Do you think anything happened to him? Nothing did.

He is still around and never got deported.

Sadly this man represents many just like him. I am not condemning him for coming here to obtain a better life for his family. I am actually not condemning him for anything other than hitting my Aunt and not having insurance.

There is a problem and the problem bleeds out into the community and gives Hispanics a bad name.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I'm not condoning this kind of thing. He should have been held responsible (if it was his fault) and be deported. However, this type of thinking breeds profiling. That's like saying every white guy will kidnap me and cannibalize my ass. Then you're looking at every white dude wondering if he's got chloroform up his sleeve just waiting to snatch you up for a meal.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CSpitta

Ma'am are you talking about a spacific answer or the OP?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CSpitta

You don't like to hear someone speaking the truth... Like Bill Cosby did a decade or so ago. Y'all hated him for that tirade he went on. smh.
edit on 15-7-2013 by kimish because: i was a bad boy

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CSpitta

WOW you need to remove your hate filled ways out of ATS Shame on you

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I'm pretty sure that the post was in response to BC's OP. If not, I'll stand corrected.

Brother, you see the delusions in the thread, all of us that see the delusional minds are the ones being ostracized. And it's because we see clearly and those that don't are envious and angry.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I was gonna say something about Yankees in touring caps but I guess I'll listen some more.

It's OK there are more of "US" than "THEM"
edit on 15-7-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I was responding to the OP.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I feel that if Zimmerman would have simply identified himself as the leader of the Neighborhood Watch. It is very possible that Travon Martin would have understood what was going on.

From what I have seen in relation to the trail and I watched all of it there was no mention of the fact that Travon actually was a resident of that neighborhood, he actually had every right to be their. His Father who was divorced from Travon's mother lived there. Given Mr. Big shot and Captain of the neighborhood watch should have known that as well as have known the name of every block in his "territory".

Travon Martin was essentially convicted of being involved in a crime and was killed for it. This despite the fact that was a resident of that community and was unarmed.

Juries have convicted innocent people so every reason exist that they have freed the guilty. Zimmerman is guilty of not having identified himself and of not adhering to the instruction's offered by a 911 representative.

If anything the State of Florida has presented that it is Ok to chase a person one thinks is a criminal and if an altercation results, it is OK to kill them.

Meaning it is ok to kill someone based upon an assumption.

That is wrong.....

Any thoughts?

edit on 15-7-2013 by Kashai because: Modifed content

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

Shame is not apart apart of my lexicon.

I'm spreading hate huh? Please re-read the blatant racist stereotypes shared in the OP and those salivating to agree.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by LizardSlicks

You have taken interest where the name 'ButterCookie' derives?

Simple. It describes my skin complexion, maybe a shade or 2 darker (Sexy ain't it)

edit on 15-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

This much I assumed. It's not healthy or mature to derive so much of your identity from the tone of your skin. I know it's just a screename but if you chose it to be your permanent moniker here, I'm sure the fact that you're light skinned is never far from your mind and a quality you're very pleased with. I'm sure it is sexy. Good for you. I bet you look pretty good judging by your posts you can't draw your confidence and assuredness from your brains. Not trying to say you are dumb but you are way too self assured to be ugly and posting like you're posting.

Also, you don't have to "STATE" when you're denouncing something, it is the effect/side effects of feeling a specific way and speaking/showing how you feel, whether or not that was your intention.

Good luck on your journey. Was never trying to attack or say you're a bad person, just recognized your confusion in contrast with your attitude regarding these things. One day it'll all make sense, to you, and me, and everyone else. You know though that when you posted like you did how many bandwagon fans you were going to instantly earn and the direction you were leading this thread. Ask yourself, "what and who did I do that for, and why?". We get better every day as long as we're living the right way. One day it'll all make sense.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CSpitta

This kind of post is what I was talking about. Makes me wonder what has happened to this person to make them be so vehemently racist.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Apology accepted!

It takes someone of high moral ground to admit a fault.

I like u. I just ask that you look at the totality of the black community. Like EVERY other racial group, we ARE NOT MONOLITHIC.

I don't know what the OP felt was so informative in what she shared? What did you learn from her post?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CSpitta

No quotas for this dude, none that pertain to the online world. :p

I had stated earlier that some posters may have taken the OP out of context. Would you agree that may be a possibility?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
to the OP, applause,

To those of you that have "dissed" the OP, I can only say one thing to all of you, "it could be worse, you could have been born native americans, they just plain got wiped out". I am of native american descent, not a "pure" blood, and my ancestors fought on the wrong side of the revolutionary war, and were kicked out to Canada for several years.

In any case, you ( whom oppose the OP ) should be grateful, at the very least, you are alive, most of my kin are not.

I don't hold a grudge either..........It was all before my time.

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join