It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Quit! The Forced Slavery of America

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by spqrenki

It would definitely be a good thing to reshape soceity based on what has been learned from the failing one at hand, we don't need govs telling us what to do and locking us up for our choices that are not unlawful, that is not freedom nor is it civilized behaviour! We were doing just fine, maybe even better long before govs and banks and imo if the gov was to die tomorrow alot of people could pick themselves up clean off their work gear and go back to work because of all the bs that would be eliminated that is causing negative effects on people.

The gov has great power and little to no positive responsibility (Public service men excluded!) How many politicians are guilty of war crimes? How many innocent people are locked up? What about all those eco system destroying disasters? How many terrorists groups created? How much money sent to other nations while many can't afford a band aid per se in the health care system?

To my understanding society requires you to hold your own, but in a failed system this unfair it is depressing and hard to carry on feeling like a slave with no light at the end of the tunnel. If there is a light however it is in a hard life living in danger each day. Count your blessings though your slave state is America and not someplace like China or worse. In America it seems that you get what you put in so long as you fork over most your earnings.

Slaves have little to no choices, you have many many choices available to you, you just have the make the right ones kiss alot of rear ends and suck up a lot of nonsense. Yknow unless your one of the lucky ones who get everything handed to you. How so many people are happy with this illusion of freedom is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We have to stop living selfishly and start living for humanity. We should all have the same. Does a brain surgeon deserve to have a better life than the guy who cleans sewers because that is all he is qualified to do? Even if he works just as hard? We need both of these workers in society. Imagine if we all had an equal house, an equal car, an equal amount of vacation time and all of the same opportunities. I believe we could all have everything we want if we made a few simple changes:

1. Stop using the money system. Instead everybody is educated and is geared for a job that suits them and instead of being paid with money to buy things, all things made become available for the working people of the system.

2. Merge all competition. Example: Whirlpool, GE, Kenmore, Maytag.. etc dishwasher companies all become one. They make and distribute dishwashers for everybody. In turn, all window manufacturers do the same. As does every other company. Cut out all time wasted trying to one up the competition. Everybody has a job, works less, has everything they could ever need or want.

All that needs to be worked out is what to do with two types of people. The people that refuse to work and try to take advantage of the system and the people that will try and take the opportunity to try and gain power over others.... Laziness and Corruption.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia

Originally posted by opethPA

Americans are slaves to that paper with ink/drawings on them called money, that is a fact of life in a society where you need said money to feed, clothe and shelter yourself, es[ecially if you have children then you are locked in.

I see..so in other places in the world how can you feed, clothe or shelter your family without money or some kind of trade-able resource?
edit on 18-2-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

the natural way is to live off the land, of course

like how native cultures do, remember?

no taxes, no need to buy stuff, just be free and in harmony with each other and the planet.

Ok, you go live in that incredible world you're describing and I will continue to work, make money and do all the fun things i want to do... Lets all live like natives and watch our life expectancy go down the crapper that sounds grand, don't it?
edit on 18-2-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Americans are slaves to that paper with ink/drawings on them called money, that is a fact of life in a society where you need said money to feed, clothe and shelter yourself, es[ecially if you have children then you are locked in.

I see..so in other places in the world how can you feed, clothe or shelter your family without money or some kind of trade-able resource?

the natural way is to live off the land, of course

like how native cultures do, remember?

no taxes, no need to buy stuff, just be free and in harmony with each other and the planet.

That may be a noble concept for you but the reality of it is a lot harsher then you think.
I know 2 people that live on a reservation currently, I can put you in contact with them if you want to find out how awesome living off the land is.
Additionally that approach might be great for you but what about those of us that don't choose to live that way?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The ones whom are complaining about being "slaves" are the ones working jobs that they hate and feel regret about where thier life has lead them.

-Focus more on the good things in life and how to make your life better, and you will see things start to change around you. You will no longer have this pessimistic apporoach to life, but rather, a fullfilling happy one. Look to the better things you enjoy and strive for you dreams.

-I too use to feel like I was a slave to my job. But I am wrong. I have a great desk job as a draftsman. I don't like it that is for sure. My passion is painting. So I am working on my paintings on my down time after work, trying to get a series in order that I may potentially present to a gallery once more. (already been in one show. Not bad for a 25 year old with no formal education on painting
).

Worst part about it is that people wish to make something of thier life but have no idea what it is they want. You need to find a passion and goal and then seek to obtain in.

Don't see the glass half empty... or even half full.
Drink what's in the glass and smash the glass on the wall of life. It's yours for the taking.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

How do you think those CEO's got those jobs??? For the most part, they WORKED their a** to get there. Do you know how many of them sacrifice having happy families for the sake of moving up that pyramid you speak of? You act like these CEO's just sit around collecting checks all day, when in fact, they are doing work that these low-end workers wouldnt be able to do in their wildest dreams...

How did Obama work his a** off to warrant becoming the CEO of the USA, Inc? Well, nobody knows for sure, his resume' is on lock down. How about dubya, did he work his a** off to get to the top? Any of the rest of them (well besides the peanut farmer)? Their entire skill sets were based on who they knew, not what they knew so you're absolutely correct, no low-end worker will ever qualify for that job ~ not that any of them couldn't have done a better job of it.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
society has rules, the more complex the society, the more rules you have. you want to sell hot dogs to the public, fine...if you don't sell all of them in one day are you going to leave them in the water until tomorrow? two days? sanitation and health laws...how many hot dog stands on the block? 1or 4?...how about juice stands?, taco stands? churro stands? coffee stands? 2 of each?...and how about if you owned a small cafe in back of all these stands? would that hurt your business? should you that has the cafe be taxed differently? who cleans up the sidewalk in front of your cafe? the hot dog guy? or you? where does the hot dog stand throw away his garbage and old water and old food? in the street? or in your garbage can? how big of a sign can he have on his cart? a huge one that hides your sign? can he play polka music loud while he serves his polish dogs with sauerkraut? can he have his 5-yr-old kid there helping? how about having his pit bull guard dog on a leash right by your entrance?
yes,...you had freedom back then, freedom to die from tainted water and food, freedom to step in horse dung in the street, freedom to smell piss and s**t from your neighbors outhouse....life was not all rosy and free back in the days when our constitution was written, it was filled with hardship, grief, and misery not seen in this modern era....get over it or move...vietnam, or the african congo has alot more "freedoms" than the US.
edit on 17-2-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

What you say is 100% correct but isnt there some sort of middle ground between the OP's veiwpoint and yours?

Cant we just eliminate some of the more ridiculous "red tape" and just take it as acceptable risk?

I think property rights are the first step. Land owners should have more freedom to do what they want with property that they own. Instead of govt requiring a permit to do this, that and the other thing.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Being a politician and running a fortune 500 company is apples and oranges my friend.... Please go read the bio's of any of the top fortune 500 CEO's and I guarantee you, you will be shocked at the amount of hard work and dedication they had to put in to reach the apex of their careers...

You bring up Obama like I was defending him somewhere in any of my posts... I was talking Fortune 500 CEO's not politicians....And I didn't vote for Obama, I didn't feel he had enough experience and still feel that same way today...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

for all of you Bibles bashers, Jesus said" be the lender not the borrower"

Whoa, I'm going to need a citation for that one. Chapter and verse.

I thought Jesus was supposed to be all about giving, not lending.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom
Unfortunately "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that believe they are free!" This is one of the hardest obstacles in making Americans see the truth of their enslavement! This is just how it is! There are so many who want so much to believe they are living in the same free country which their perceptions have allowed of them!

You know I keep seeing this quote and I have yet to see anyone prove to me how I am not free right now. .

Bills and rent paid for the month.
In my office today wearing the clothes I want focused on something I enjoy.
I am going to watch a replay of a hockey game when i get home from work then do something else I enjoy after that.
Im going to choose what time I go to bed tonight.
Every friday I move a % of my checking into a higher yield account.
Im also in the process of scheduling my vacation for my family.

Show me how i am not free. Not some esoteric statement of "if you dont get it then you never were, blah blah blah" Someone in prison is not free. Someone addicted to drugs, drinking , smoking, gambling, some other vice they are not free.

Over 50% of America cannot live their life the way you do, for whatever reason and If yours is the standard of freedom in America then there are way too many slaves. Do you think those bottom 50% feel free?

Just because YOUR way of life is acceptable to YOU doesnt mean everyone else enjoys that same kind of "freedom". The only thing you have done is found a comfortable way of living within the system.

A happy slave is a coward.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87
Over 50% of America cannot live their life the way you do, for whatever reason and If yours is the standard of freedom in America then there are way too many slaves. Do you think those bottom 50% feel free?

Just because YOUR way of life is acceptable to YOU doesnt mean everyone else enjoys that same kind of "freedom". The only thing you have done is found a comfortable way of living within the system.

A happy slave is a coward.

Is that any different then my question of why those 50% that can live that way should feel like slaves?
Im sorry some people are stuck in a rut professionally or unable to move up or out.. If their was a way to fix that then sign me up I'm all for it.

What I am not going to do is feel guilty about it because I have gotten to the point I am at from a lot of hard work and effort. Countless weekends worked , days spent awake without sleep , endless business trips to do installs and configurations. I have earned the right over the past 18 years to not feel bad or be embarrassed that i don't live pay check to pay check even though a large % of people have to live that way. If you want to claim I found a way of living comfortably within in the system then so be it and hopefully all the other people can find the same comfortable way of living.

*** I went back and read your post again and took out the somewhat confrontational last line I had in there because it doesn't add anything to this discussion. ***

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by frazzle

Being a politician and running a fortune 500 company is apples and oranges my friend.... Please go read the bio's of any of the top fortune 500 CEO's and I guarantee you, you will be shocked at the amount of hard work and dedication they had to put in to reach the apex of their careers...

You bring up Obama like I was defending him somewhere in any of my posts... I was talking Fortune 500 CEO's not politicians....And I didn't vote for Obama, I didn't feel he had enough experience and still feel that same way today...

Fair enough, however the CEO of the federal corporation holds far more authority over your life than any fortune 500 company. At least if you don't like the CEO of a private corp you can quit working for them and/or buying from them, you can't say the same for people who write the rule book that you must live by and can increase your taxes beyond the breaking point at the stroke of a pen .

Any individual or group of individuals that have carte blanche to borrow unlimited amounts of money and force you to pay back both the principle and interest out of your earnings is going to eventually take advantage of your good will. And they will spend the money in ways that you do not approve, it goes with the territory.

You're young yet, in time you'll figure it out.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spqrenki

Don't stop, please

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

That is utter BS. Most CEOs made it to the top because:

A) they were born into wealth.

B) who they know (good ol boy club)

C) by stepping on (or stabbing) the backs of people they worked with on the way to the top.

Show me an honest, hard working CEO with morals and integrity and I will show you where to find bigfoot.

(clue: neither one exists so dont waste your time)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

I honestly feel that people like you and the OP should be very careful with tossing the word "slave" around when trying to make a point.... I find it to be extremely offensive on multiple levels... For starters, I don't remember slaves of the past being paid fair wages or being allowed to go home to live within the comfort of their own homes, do you? I also don't see masters going around whipping, beating and murdering us for not doing a good job at work, do you? The point I'm getting at is by comparing the two together you're essentially slapping all the "real" slaves in the face for what they went through.... Making under $50k a year, going into credit card debt, and being forced to live within your limits is not slavery, its called being a responsible adult...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87
[A happy slave is a coward.

Awesome so now I am a slave and a coward.. rock on!

I'm not calling you a slave or a coward, I'm just saying that the "freedom" that is acceptable to you is not acceptable or even possible for others.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

Nicks- what do you do for a living? I'm sure you never spent a day working at a Fortune 500 company, but you sure do love to judge them.... How about you learn a little something before spouting off all your nonsense...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Nicks87

I honestly feel that people like you and the OP should be very careful with tossing the word "slave" around when trying to make a point.... I find it to be extremely offensive on multiple levels... For starters, I don't remember slaves of the past being paid fair wages or being allowed to go home to live within the comfort of their own homes, do you? I also don't see masters going around whipping, beating and murdering us for not doing a good job at work, do you? The point I'm getting at is by comparing the two together you're essentially slapping all the "real" slaves in the face for what they went through.... Making under $50k a year, going into credit card debt, and being forced to live within your limits is not slavery, its called being a responsible adult...

Oh, now we're going down this road "dont talk about it because it may be offensive to others" that sounds like a copout to me.

There are many different kinds of slavery in the world. What the OP is discussing is called being a wage slave. It is compareable to traditional slavery (whips and chains etc) but still different and still reprehensable.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

Chevron
John S. Watson - Joined Chevron in 1980 after completing his MBA at the University of Chicago. He slowly climbed the corporate ladder and was made an executive in (CFO) 2001, he didnt become CEO until 2010... But you're right, these CEO's are just GIVEN the jobs they have, they NEVER work their tales off to get to the place they're at....

This is just 1 example and i can find you many more... These CEO's work their butts off to get where they are, getting great undergrad and post grad degrees... FYI- University of Chicago is a top 5 MBA program that's incredibly hard to get in to. It took him 30 years to get to the apex of his career, but you're right, he must have known somebody to make that jump...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Nicks87

Nicks- what do you do for a living? I'm sure you never spent a day working at a Fortune 500 company, but you sure do love to judge them.... How about you learn a little something before spouting off all your nonsense...

I would never subject myself to be part of such an obscene display of excess wealth. It disgusts me, but I have every right to spout my opinion just like you do.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join