It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Quit! The Forced Slavery of America

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HillbillyHippie1

Mr Hippie, I have the place for you! it's called Guam! it's out in the middle of nowhere, or as close to nowhere as you want to be! it's 30 miles from what the Guiness Book says is the 'ideal' climate for human habitation on this planet. It has very very clean fresh water. lots of food sources (all natural) and the indigineous folks are very friendly if you introduce yourself! and the fishing is FANTASTIC!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

You know places like Somalia have not always been a war zone. Before the Egyptian empire people in Africa lived rather peacefully with one another. Empires such as Egypt came about out of misunderstanding, the people did not know what the Earth was so they made up these strange theories about life and death, Egyptians thought that some of their people were able to bridge the gap between the living and the dead, they ended up becoming pharaohs.

The idea wasn't evil in its original form, although it was incorrect. The pharaoh in conjunction with the dead and the gods would help the people of the empire prosper. The people believed this so much that they gave to the pharaoh in thanks, but after time went by the pharaohs children became so pampered that they began expecting to be pampered. When they weren't pampered they believed the people were forsaking the gods so they punished the people who did not pamper them or obey them. This idea evolved into what we have today.

What ended up happening is a peaceful people became a warring people over a great deal of time, we simply forgotten what it was like to be free because we made some ill informed mistakes in our early days.

More and more 'laws' came about and the people were less and less free. The growing lack of freedom angered some people who then took their anger out on others, now laws were needed to protect some of the people from the people who were pissed off at the laws. We never realized that the problem was being caused by the erosion of freedom in the first place, so freedom was eroded more and more and the problem got worse and worse causing freedom to become even more eroded. Now we're so far removed from our days of freedom and we don't remember that the laws were never needed in the first place.

Growing pains... Believe it or not all of this was just a big misunderstanding.

Edit: And I'm quite sure the Africans were rather peaceful with one another before the empire. You think that pharaohs and laws just popped up fully intact out of nothing? Before the empire the people banded together and helped one another freely, that's how they came to be together. The empire, their folly, sprang out of their misunderstanding of reality.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthart
reply to post by beezzer

I say stand up to authority....uh no theyll put you in jail. Ok lets have an uprising and demand Govt. to be dismantled and re-organized... Dang theyll shoot you dead in your tracks... Lets all leave and go somewhere else....they wont let you.

Whats the answer? Everyone is sick of it,and we dont have any sort of momentum to go with,we are all afraid.
How could you reform it all. I mean look at the melting pot of crying and whining small groups,religions,ethnicities, that have come here over the past 100 years and got there way with what they considered fair. Why didnt we simply tell all these groups from the get go, hey you came here for the freedom you didnt have, not the freedom in your pipe dream,so if you dont like it ,get out. Maybe we should revert back to the original constitution,and tell everyone like it or lump it.

Whos gonna start this though and let themselves be made an example of to scare away the rest of us. I like breathing to much. Sick and tired yes, would help the cause ...yes. Wanna die for something nobody will get to see the positive resultys from..HMMMMM.

Well stated!! More and more I am disgusted at how a few people can whine and complain about the culture they fled and change the lives of this great nation to further their own cause. We are a melting pot for a reason. We created the American culture hundreds of years ago. And now a lot of the people who have come here are wanting the US to be more like the country they came from. "Heavens no!! you cant administer the driving test all in english! how will they ever learn it?..... uh they could learn to speak english... no no no that will never do! well they did come to our country. No.... you cant depot that violent offender back to their county.....ummm but they are here illegally. Please press one for Spanish, Press 2 for English?" Really? The government sees this as an end to their means. Most of them are money grubbing bastards who will alienate their own people for a buck. I have many friends of different nationalities who have come here from oppressed countries, who have learned to speak English and believe in the American dream of freedom. I love them and support them. But too many people take for granted what we stand for and want to change us into something our founding fathers would abhor... most of those people hold high political positions and it sickens me.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeReasonable
The only thing you can really do is try to become succesfull so you dont suffer with the rest of the working class

And when you do, you do so at the expense of others.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by spqrenki

You know what.. This is the first post that has ever talked to me on this forum. It is sunday err monday morning and I really do not want to go to work... that last thing i ever want to do is go back to work. I have always had a job since the age of 15. I hate work it sucks I am not a debt slave i am a wage slave i guess. I don't have any debt, house car payed for but I have to keep paying uncle same and buying stuff.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Right.. because if we have a revolution, and win.. we'll all be working 10 hour work weeks, sipping on champagne and everyone will have a luxury car, living in a mansion, and be able to do whatever they want.

Where did anybody ever imply that the outcome would result in everybody becoming extremely wealthy and lazy?

Take your strawman argument and don't come back.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by votan

New things often give us a brief rush of enjoyment. We use that brief rush to counter the intense displeasure of going to work everyday. The more we work the more we need to buy things to lessen the pain of going to work and the more we need to work in order to buy the things to cover up the pain of going to work.

After quitting my job I found that my addiction to buying new things went away. It didn't vanish immediately, it's like quitting a drug, but the addiction does fade. Today it is extremely rare that I receive something, but I don't really want anything either. Every Christmas my mother asks me what I want and my reply is honestly "nothing."

P.S. I also quit drinking after I quit my job. I used to drink quite a bit, but I have no desire to anymore. Couldn't tell ya the last time I had a drink and have no desire to have one. I have nothing against alcohol, just don't need it anymore.

P.P.S. I also lost some weight after quitting my job. Now I eat when I'm hungry, not out of depression. 30-40lbs, depends on the time of year, I usually pick up about ten pounds in the winter time and then lose it in the summer. Just more active in the summer time I suppose, probably eat less too, but I think that's a natural cycle. My cat is the same way. Actually my brothers cat, but we get along really well

edit on 18-2-2013 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot
reply to post by Philippines

Really it's not about organization, if you're not happy being a slave then stop being a slave. Have a little faith in yourself, people have survived this planet for thousands of years, most of that time was long before the invention of civilization.

As for what might happen after a collapse. In the Great Depression people ended up sharing and helping one another to survive, freely, and found that this was the most beneficial method of survival. I would imagine people to discover the very same this time around.

Yep, you're right, and I stopped volunteering to be a slave. I am in much better health mentally and physically now after doing that.

I think people will definitely come together more than they are now during a collapse. However the circumstances now compared to the great depression, especially with the people and that they knew how to survive much more than today's generation. If a collapse were to come this decade, I think it would be much much more ugly and worse than the great depression... Because this time around there would be a LOT of hungry and armed people.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
nice sayd man i was thinking that for years but nobody believes me i m happy there are people that think like me

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I don't think so. You are not forced to think - work - or even party. We are not slaves - we are more like Antz. If we don't work together, then we can't survive. We must do it in order for the hole human progress and if you think we are slaves of the system, then who is not? We are all One and ill never give up on telling this.

No team - No brain get's us nowhere!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Unfortunately "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that believe they are free!" This is one of the hardest obstacles in making Americans see the truth of their enslavement! This is just how it is! There are so many who want so much to believe they are living in the same free country which their perceptions have allowed of them! They will not believe they are enslaved until they suddenly see that there is no hope to change things!
This is one of the main reasons why we have two parties lobbing the ball of control back and forth! Always playing on the failures of the other party! With no success to speak of! With this condition of blame so engrained into our society it seems like nothing will ever change! We are always content with blaming the other party! As if we are blinded to those failures that exist when our party is in office! It would seem that America is destined to fail dragging many of us with it! Maybe there is nothing any of us can do to change this from happening! Maybe all we can do is prepare in the best way we can for oursleves and our families! The hard truth is most don't have the time to see the hypocrasy of the American system of corruption, manipulation and lies! With most of us working so hard just to keep food on the table, our families free from sickness and having somewhere to lay our heads at night! We can't hold contempt of those without time to see! All we can do is show those with time to see
and a willingness to believe! The end of this system is just about at hand! God help us all when our time is up and this failure is in sight! In that day blame will no longer bring comfort to the ignorant and pain will be the blight for the unprepared! Goodluck my friends!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I started working in the late 90's at about $8 an hour. I worked my way up the ladder till I was making $16 an hour by the early 2000's. I thought man this is great I made it in America. I can stand on my own two feet anyone can make it in this country. Then came the layoffs. I went from $16 an hour to $13 and hour then $10 an hour back down to $8 an hour. I lost everything I worked for. All the manufacturing jobs left my area. Now if I want a job it's in retail at Walmart and that isn't even full time work. I refuse to be a slave I quit working. I found another way although I can't say what it is. I can say I answer to no one.

I've watched everything my grandparents fought and worked for get destroyed in this country. Two of my grandparents came from the south to work in manufacturing in the north. Neither had higher then a 8th grade education but they made it in America. Both retired with full pensions and enough money to live out their days comfortably. My grandparents might not have been educated but they weren't dummies. My grandfather was a Omaha Beach Normandy in WW2 and my grandmother worked at a munitions factory. My grandmother hand built parts that went on the bombs that were dropped on Japan.

There is a war going on in this country and it's the haves vrs. the have nots. They are out of screw us over every chance they get. Capitalism is based on greed and screwing your fellow man over to get to the top.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spqrenki

Go back to the middle ages or further, if you didn't WORK, even your own fields. YOUWOULD STARVE if not for the goodness of a church or others who WORKED. If you feel trapped then start your own business, the only thing oor government should be providing us is national security and a safety net to help those elderly or otherwise down on their luck people for a fixed period of time.

Don't whine about being a slave, for all of you Bibles bashers, Jesus said" be the lender not the borrower"

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I am 28 years old and from about 4 months till 5 1/2 I grew up on an Apache reservation (yes I know I am white as a ghost my mom is half Apache her mom full my dad is white). I do not remember everything, however I do remember enough.

On the reservation in today's society they are dependent on government grants or outside work of some sort. But when I lived on the land there were communities the one I was in composed of about 11 families including extended families so it was a good amount of people. We lived in tents (not the kind you are thinking they were normal like the ones you would go camping in today). and we didn't have a single store, car or things you would normally see. I would say cookware like cat iron pots and a few pans, dishes, tents, tooth brushes were about as modern as we were.. We didn't even have toilet paper a lot of times and disposable diapers you can forget it.

The land the reservation is on is not the most fertile land so growing things were nearly impossible we had to boil any water we were going to drink because well it was from the same stream you washed in and got the water you would wash your "toilet paper" rags. For food we mostly ate meat. some eatable cactus and some vegetables from another community that had better soil because it was imported from the government. We had chickens, some cows, sheep, goats and rabbits. They would also hunt animals any thing from a snake to wolves basically if it wasn't human it was food but i don't remember anyone eating bugs so ... we had our limits.

When I was 5 1/2 my mom wanted me to have an education so we moved back to NY where I was born -( she moved to the reservation because my dad got sick and couldn't take care of us and I got sick with pneumonia twice as a baby and CPS threatened to take me away unless she provided better shelter so my mom ran.)

Let me tell you I was one confused person... Aside from Apaches and my mom being half white i never saw with my own eyes another person as white as me nor African Americans. I can remember seeing my first dark skinned person and reaching up poking his arm and asked him what happened to his skin. Now I know it sounds racist but we never talked about other types of people I knew I got teased a lot for not being darker skinned so I thought the darker the better, So in reality I was excited i thought you could do something to get dark and the darker the better and this man must have been god or something and everyone must love him to death!

so anyways i learned civilization quickly because my class mates did not take kindly to me peeing outside. I didn't know it was not acceptable that you HAD to use a toilet.

So do I see how I live now as slavery? Yes. but I enjoy it for the most part... maybe it makes me masochistic. But the part that makes us a slave is money. You see I took on a lot two years ago and to help my mom niece and nephew I took them in and blew though all my money and for the fist time since I moved from the reservation I am very close to being homeless. (I expect an eviction notice this week) Losing your job, not qualifying for unemployment, than having your safety net your tax refund held for "review" pushed us over the edge.

Even though the landlord knows the situation and we are behind we do pay just late and try and make a payment arrangement. But its not profitable for her as evicting and forcing you sooner or later to pay out the lease and get a new tenant. Money was never an issue when I was on the reservation. What ever we needed we traded and if someone couldn't help due to illness or had nothing to trade the community always made sure they had something even if it meant the community as a whole had to get by on less. Now to me that is true freedom a life where you are happy to help out, and people were almost always happy unless someone died or was sick and it was super rare to see anyone fight unless by chance someone got his hands on some alcohol from another community who made it. But it is scary to think I am more valuable dead than alive at this point in this way of life.

Yes I know its hard now and we will be ok and get by some how I still would not want to go back to the reservation even though things have changed a little I hear they have shacks they live in now because I enjoy things like running water, grocery stores, electric, and technology like computers and the internet. If I went back to the reservation I would be giving up my way of life. When I was 14 I went back for a year alone because i had to do things cultural obligations because i hit puberty. As if it wasn't bad enough I was bleedling I was taken out of my element/school to camp out for a year, learn to hunt and being an animal lover it was not easy. I am glad I learned all of it for survival but it is something I know I do not want. I may have been "free" but I wasn't as happy as I normally am living with modern things.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom
Unfortunately "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that believe they are free!" This is one of the hardest obstacles in making Americans see the truth of their enslavement! This is just how it is! There are so many who want so much to believe they are living in the same free country which their perceptions have allowed of them!

You know I keep seeing this quote and I have yet to see anyone prove to me how I am not free right now. .

Bills and rent paid for the month.
In my office today wearing the clothes I want focused on something I enjoy.
I am going to watch a replay of a hockey game when i get home from work then do something else I enjoy after that.
Im going to choose what time I go to bed tonight.
Every friday I move a % of my checking into a higher yield account.
Im also in the process of scheduling my vacation for my family.

Show me how i am not free. Not some esoteric statement of "if you dont get it then you never were, blah blah blah" Someone in prison is not free. Someone addicted to drugs, drinking , smoking, gambling, some other vice they are not free.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Americans are slaves to that paper with ink/drawings on them called money, that is a fact of life in a society where you need said money to feed, clothe and shelter yourself, es[ecially if you have children then you are locked in.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
Americans are slaves to that paper with ink/drawings on them called money, that is a fact of life in a society where you need said money to feed, clothe and shelter yourself, es[ecially if you have children then you are locked in.

I see..so in other places in the world how can you feed, clothe or shelter your family without money or some kind of trade-able resource?
edit on 18-2-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
listen everyone who has ever lived has been a slave in the dictionary terms that is just the cost of living in a society. It has been like that for as long as humans have lived. If you don't live in a social group then your freedoms are easily taken by other that is the reason we form groups we knew that we were safer then alone even if it we knew that we would have to go gather firewood or risk your life to go after a mammoth.

We still keep the same rules but they have just change to fit a modern life granted things have gotten a lot more complicated in doing so. The whole part of if you don't want to go to work and you do you are a slave is a bad way to put it. I believe most people don't want to work but the do want food, water, housing, roads, sewer systems and healthcare. I know waking up at 3am to go to work for 10 hours a day to get my 40 hours of work that benefits society. I know I will be able to use the bathroom and not have to deal with waste that I produce which is awesome. How many people would have given up a lot more 200 years ago for the life we live now? If you think you are free then you are gaming the system that others are building through the work they give and the taxes they pay.

I have no compassion for those who do no pay tax yet get the benefits we all pay for. Now if you could sign away all benefits of living in the collective then ok but when a group comes to steal rape and pillage your camp I will not feel bad at all.

So if it is all about wants does that make me a slave holder if I make my children do chores but they protest and say they don't want to?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by cornucopia

I see..so in other places in the world how can you feed, clothe or shelter your family without money or some kind of trade-able resource?
edit on 18-2-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

the natural way is to live off the land, of course

like how native cultures do, remember?

no taxes, no need to buy stuff, just be free and in harmony with each other and the planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join