It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Quit! The Forced Slavery of America

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

Those graphs are horribly skewed. Common sense says so!

And I wonder what kind of entitlements they are? How many bailouts to business are included in those fake entitlements listed by the far right heritage foundation.

Get real man.

Finally the last 10 years there are NO JOBS IN AMERICA so naturally ss funds, including medicare and medicaid are dwindling, because people DRAW money from them and PUT NOTHING back. More goes out then comes in. Its not rocket science.

How many wars have we fought the last 15 years? Do the math!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwasabi

Originally posted by jhn7537
I enjoy my weekends too, but I hate that I can't make money during them...

I can begin to see a problem here. Your self-worth equates to the money that you make. If you aren't making money, then you aren't valuable as a human being. Maybe I'm overanalyzing here, but I feel like you're corrupted based on that sentence alone.

Analyze away my friend. I openly admit that I'm motivated by money and success. I feel that people find their own driving forces in strange places and they sometimes get motivated for strange reasons, but I enjoy having money, I enjoy being able to do whatever i want or going where ever I want. I work hard, I play hard too. But I also love what I do, and whenever you close a big sale and get that PO sent over to you its like a total rush... Being in sales, you're driven by money, because that's what sales is all about, selling, your figures, hitting quotas, etc...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Most of this is rubbish. The only things we are slaves to is the pursuit of money.

I know people who have millions who aren't slaves to money and I know some who have next to nothing, and are complete slaves to the desire of money.

How much you have isn't the issue. What drives your thinking and life is. Some of the worst greedy people are the poor. True they don't have much but it's all they think about and then complain others have it and they don't while they spend money that should go to their children on lotteries and pokies. The other ones are the rich who only exist to gain more at whatever cost.

No one forces us to do anything we don't want to do. There are too many whingers on ATS who complain of stuff they are quite capable of changing. The reason they don't do anything about their own circumstances is......

Laziness.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The worst mistake you make is opportunity.

Sorry buy your rant is pathetic. There are people from other countries entering America right now with nothing, some can't even speak English every well.

In 10 years time, some of them will own their own home and be employing people....so whats your excuse?

All they see is opportunity. All you see is...well whats come out of your mouth! That's why you'll always be poor.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You also stated .... "I quit"

But you won't sadly which is a shame as the best thing you can do for America is leave. Just don't come to my country please.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Most of this is rubbish. The only things we are slaves to is the pursuit of money.

I know people who have millions who aren't slaves to money and I know some who have next to nothing, and are complete slaves to the desire of money.

How much you have isn't the issue. What drives your thinking and life is. Some of the worst greedy people are the poor. True they don't have much but it's all they think about and then complain others have it and they don't while they spend money that should go to their children on lotteries and pokies. The other ones are the rich who only exist to gain more at whatever cost.

No one forces us to do anything we don't want to do. There are too many whingers on ATS who complain of stuff they are quite capable of changing. The reason they don't do anything about their own circumstances is......

Laziness.

There is more to life than money. That much is sure. Good health is primary!

Secondly laziness has nothing to do with what is wrong with america. Wall Street has become a den of greedy lynchers who demand unreasonable returns on their invesments thus forcing management to offshore more and more. Then government does not nothing to protect the local economy for the millions of wage earners.

Economics is complex and the people at the top are making horrible decisions. One might say on purpose to usher in the global demonic order with digital currencies and rfid chips. Laugh all you want but don't say I never warned anyone.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwasabi

I enjoy my weekends too, but I hate that I can't make money during them...

I can begin to see a problem here. Your self-worth equates to the money that you make. If you aren't making money, then you aren't valuable as a human being. Maybe I'm overanalyzing here, but I feel like you're corrupted based on that sentence alone.

Analyze away my friend. I openly admit that I'm motivated by money and success. I feel that people find their own driving forces in strange places and they sometimes get motivated for strange reasons, but I enjoy having money, I enjoy being able to do whatever i want or going where ever I want. I work hard, I play hard too. But I also love what I do, and whenever you close a big sale and get that PO sent over to you its like a total rush... Being in sales, you're driven by money, because that's what sales is all about, selling, your figures, hitting quotas, etc...

Well said!
You are in the sales part of IT while I am on the high end engineering part of it. For me it is about making everything work. Taking complex systems and making them route, run or do what our targets are all with a noble cause at the end. That's my drug of choice professionally. I won't lie and say getting paid well to do it sucks because it doesn't.

I also don't live beyond my means at this point in my life. When I was younger , I was very dumb (like many young people are) and lived well beyond my means in the process I accumulated a huge amount of CC debt. Could have taken the easier way out and filed for Bankruptcy but I looked at it as my fault I owed the CC companies what I did so I went on debt management and over the course of 6 years paid off what i owed.

That is probably why I get frustrated at people saying "you are successful financially so you are a slave" or "if money is your motivation you are corrupt"

I know what its like to live check to check because even making a good living I did it for quite a few years..Now that I dont it's not something Im embarrassed by.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Excellent summary of the modern slavery. I think about this daily, mainly because I'm one of those college graduates. I was stupid enough to let myself get swindled into debt as tuition rates outgrew my scholarships, with the hope of getting employed. Then the jobs were drastically cut in the time it took me to get my degree. Now I have to figure out how to pay a LOT of debt on minimum wage I guess, since I'm financially and physically trapped in a dead zone.So in my spare time I think about most all of what you stated. I long for the off-grid lifestyle, but my debt is such a burden now. I thought about my own business, but the red tape makes a lot of things difficult. I kinda just want to run away to some dark forest. Most of my friends are unemployed or working part time min wage with degrees.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ETONE
Excellent summary of the modern slavery. I think about this daily, mainly because I'm one of those college graduates. I was stupid enough to let myself get swindled into debt as tuition rates outgrew my scholarships, with the hope of getting employed. Then the jobs were drastically cut in the time it took me to get my degree. Now I have to figure out how to pay a LOT of debt on minimum wage I guess, since I'm financially and physically trapped in a dead zone.So in my spare time I think about most all of what you stated. I long for the off-grid lifestyle, but my debt is such a burden now. I thought about my own business, but the red tape makes a lot of things difficult. I kinda just want to run away to some dark forest. Most of my friends are unemployed or working part time min wage with degrees.

I feel for you..My sister who is 28 is in the same boat but she is lucky in a way to not have student loan type debts and finally got a job making around 45k a year in her chose field. ..Im worried about her generation.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright
Bravo. I feel the exact same way. I talk about this with my coworkers sometimes, which usually gets me some crazy looks. They have a hard time understanding it, or seeing any other possible way, because they were born into it and it's always been this way. You do not have free will. You cannot opt out of the system you are born into, unless you trade it for another system by moving to another country. If they let you. Everything is owned already. The land included. You are born a trespasser. When a giant corporation is about to fall, instead of letting some other naturally take its place, we all have to bail it out so they can continue to rule over us. Shame.

doesnt that make you feel like a crazy person? i have the same experience all the time, people look at me like im mental and i just wonder how they can be so blind, and happy to do whats expected of them without question. Can you believe that its never even crossed peoples minds that the way we are made to live our lives is a sickness, and we are being trodden on and laughed at while our overlords grow ever richer. The only thing you can really do is try to become succesfull so you dont suffer with the rest of the working class

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

And I'm still young, maybe Microsoft is after me now... If I never sign onto ATS again you will know what happened to me... Please tell my story....hahaha

Pretty funny. If you are the owner, I don't think you have anything to worry about. They won't "disappear" you, they'll buy you out. In fact, being bought out is your ticket to retirement.

Good for you, not so good for the people you employ. They won't have a golden parachute to soften their landing. Your dilemma will be the proverbial choice to sell your soul for money and sacrifice others on the one hand, and on the other, protect your interests against a hostile takeover where they bleed you dry in litigation. Not an easy decision.

But you can prevent that by not letting some other entity get controlling interest of your company or by making a deal that includes everyone you employ right up front. You can start over, right?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I can't get a job. No job=No money.
No money=Crappy life

It is simple as that in capitalist countries.
On the other hand....
If all these jobless people started a movement of some kind...
There might be some change.
Oh wait...Occupy.

I'm starting to grow more pessimistic by the day people.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by spqrenki

Um. . . . what would you consider a viable alternative?

Seizure of the political machine and the judiciary that gives them cover. Then ..... mass trials. You can't fix a body that has turned 100% to cancer.

After scrapping the cancerous players, rebuild a new republic.

That's right, go right back and rebuild the crap system that gave us this crap problem in the first place. Sure, go ahead. I won't be with you, as I recognize the necessity of personal responsibility in a framework of strict liability under Divine Law (or an amended code of Hammurabi) to be the most constructive lesson we've learned in this round of Civilization.

please see Roger Kent Pool's facebook page and youtube videos for some useful information to this effect.

Roger Kent Pool - Facebook

Roger Kent Pool - Youtube

Collective responsibility (such as in a Republic) has been conclusively shown to fail its ostensible beneficiaries over and over again. It cannot do otherwise, as placing one's trust in a fictional construct rather than the Creator (whether you term said Creator "God", "Goddess", "Brahma", "Intelligent Infinity" or any other name is immaterial) is a violation of one's own connection to the Truth. Why? Precisely because one cannot enjoy empowerment from a truth that one actively denies.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Ahh I think you misunderstood one of my earlier posts... I don't own the company, I'm a Director of Sales for a start up (well we're 4 years old now).. I do have a stake in the company, but I'm not the CEO/Owner/Majority share holder or anything like that... I'm just a happy worker who enjoys what he does every day...

But maybe, Microsoft is still coming..... Bring it Billy Gates!!!!! hahaha

Side note- I never want to be a CEO... Everyone always wants to kill the CEO, I just want to be the highly paid worker under him who's forgotten when the SHTF....

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I love that everyone thinks they should be the CEO and that they all work harder than the CEO. I've got news for you, most of you wouldn't last a month as the CEO of a large company. Just because you can turn a wrench or sell a product doesn't mean you can guide a group of thousands of people in a common direction and maintain profitability. I've known a few CEO's of successful mid-sized organizations and let me tell you something, they don't just lounge around all day like you all believe. They're going from meeting to meeting making sure each individual section is pulling their weight and guiding the company in the direction of the upcoming market trend that most of the "worker bees" don't even know exists.

You're getting lost in marx's idea that only physical labor is worth anything or is worth more than mental labor. It absolutely is not. Mental labor is what makes it so you are able to put a roof over your head, feed your family, clothe your children, get to work safely, and still have money left over for vacation. When henry ford invented the assembly line manufactured model T, it wasn't the work of the factory workers that brought the price down to a point where most people could afford it, it was the mental labor of one man. And who benefitted more? Society as whole? or henry ford because he made a lot of money? Obviously society as a whole has benefitted FAR FAR more than that single man did. So why do you want to hate those people?

Now I'm sure many will try to argue that henry ford was an inventor not just a CEO, but that's a folly argument. Remember this: The CEO is responsible for the overall success or failure of a company. The CEO has overall responsibility for creating, planning, implementing, and integrating the strategic direction of an organization. This includes responsibility for all components and departments of a bsuiness. (from: humanresources.about.com...)

This is not to say that there aren't lazy CEO's that don't create anything new or lead their organization in any meaningful way, of course there are. Just like there are factory workers who are lazy (cough, union, cough) and survive on the backs of their (non-union) peers. But those CEO's ALWAYS leave an organization worse off. It's no more immoral for them tod lazily do their job for millions than it is immoral for you to lazily do your job for $12/hr.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanubis

Why can't you get a job? There are millions of jobs out there, The North Dakota oil fields will take just about anyone. What I think you mean, is you don't want a job bad enough to take the job you can get. Which is why occupy failed. They had jobs booths setup at the park, yet no one wanted a job unless they'd start at $70k+. That's not a "crappy capitalist" problem. that's a lazy dumba*s problem.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeReasonable

Originally posted by notquiteright
The only thing you can really do is try to become succesfull so you dont suffer with the rest of the working class

That, right f*cking there is what america was founded on. Do your best! Try your hardest! Move up in the world!!! I know that's not what you were going for, you were using it as a negative, but it's absolutely not a negative. I beg you to move to another country with this attitude. Enjoy life on the government teat, then you can tell us about the lack of freedom. You are free to not work. You're just not free to avoid the consequences of that action.

There are more NEW millionaires being made today in america than at any time in our history! Be one of them for hells sake! (www.businessinsider.com...)

And the working class in america doesn't suffer. I've driven through the poor places, you know what I see, POOR WAYS! New cars, new rims, new smart phones, cable television. Since when is that suffering? I think you need to redefine your outlook on life in america and what suffering really is.

See you've already let yourself get behind by letting that attitude of "The only thing you can really do is try to become succesfull so you dont suffer with the rest of the working class." As if trying to become successful is sooo awful. ugh heaven forbid you have to think, create, work and pursue something! lol

The real secret is that it wasn't a political/economic system that made america great, it was the attitude of the people, their desire to be successful and to make their community a better community.

I really wish you the best in life, I hope you find success wherever you put your efforts.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Ahh I think you misunderstood one of my earlier posts... I don't own the company, I'm a Director of Sales for a start up (well we're 4 years old now).

Ahh, I see... sorry about that and thanks for the correction.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Gee, another "I don't think I should have to work, only get what I want and do nothing in return" thread.

It's amazing to me how people think they are worked like slaves. When actual slavery was immeasurably worse than they realize, and current working hours and conditions are by far, so much better than in a century + past. How spoiled we've become.

70 and 80 hour workweeks were common in our past. Over time, our hours have decreased, the intensity of the labor has decreased, and safety and health has improved by multitudes. And yet.. people still claim they are "slaves." You simply have no idea.

Go live in a cave with your freedom and see how easy it is. How no medical benefits, how having to work to make shelter, food, safe water is. You have no idea how easy you have it. In our future, this will improve further. And I have no doubt, 200 years from now, there will be forums in some form.. where someone like the OP.. will post, "I have to work 25 hours a week.. it's intolerable.. we are slaves!" I wonder when it will end.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dfairlite
You're getting lost in marx's idea that only physical labor is worth anything or is worth more than mental labor. It absolutely is not. Mental labor is what makes it so you are able to put a roof over your head, feed your family, clothe your children, get to work safely, and still have money left over for vacation. When henry ford invented the assembly line manufactured model T, it wasn't the work of the factory workers that brought the price down to a point where most people could afford it, it was the mental labor of one man. And who benefitted more? Society as whole? or henry ford because he made a lot of money? Obviously society as a whole has benefitted FAR FAR more than that single man did. So why do you want to hate those people?

It isn't mental labor that puts a roof over your head, food in your family's mouth, clothes on your kids, and safe travel. What? Do you know someone who has telekenetic powers to do these things? It is physical labor that makes a roof over your head, grows, gathers and prepares food, makes clothing, etc. The only mental labor involved by the leader of a company is the ability to make other people do the physical labor which makes their mental labor manifest in as efficient and profitable a manner as possible, OR ELSE. A CEO without physical laborers is a waste of space that could easily be replaced by a computer program or will be able to be in the near future - thank Goddess. If there are any CEOs in the future they will be reduced to figureheads and mere humans performing a few necessary human tasks which fortunately will provide a windfall of extra income that can be divided among those who actually physically DO and MAKE things.

Mental labor accomplishes nothing and can accomplish nothing without physical action which certainly does not make it worthless, but it definitely means its utilitarian value is nill without physical labor. In my mind that means physical labor is either worth more or equal to mental labor, and mental labor certainly cannot be considered to have a higher value.

Lastly, I think this is a major reason the masses are dissatisfied with things. You said, "it wasn't the work of the factory workers that brought the price down to a point where most people could afford it, it was the mental labor of one man." Bull!

He had ideas, it was the physical labor of workers both in his factory and in other factories which made his idea capable of being a reality. Furthermore, it was the little unmentioned and unheard of ideas by tons of people in his factory and in others who made his big ideas work. I've worked in factories my whole life and I can tell you NOTHING the guys at the top "think" ever works until some "peon" adjusts it so that it is realistic and workable. Corporate leaders come up with ideas to increase profits and efficiency all the time, but it is everyone else who actually makes it work, often through their own ideas and efforts.

I don't think everyone should bash CEOs, but I do think they are given much more praise and perks than they deserve for what they actually DO and MAKE, and that all of modern society seems to forget what the entire social experiment is about - TEAMWORK. At least, that is what we are led to believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join