It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Quit! The Forced Slavery of America

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Those who abide by the system are all slaves. They either realize it and accept it as such or they are ignorant of it and continue to live in denial.

I read the first page but I'm not going to siphon through every reply because I know exactly what I am going to hear, the same responses that people have given me time and again in the past and it doesn't lead to much hope. People have been born and bred to inaction and so long as they have their scraps of technology and false sense of happiness, slavery to them is all they know and they will not fight for anything better.

Freedom is the answer. Freedom is the key. Most people do not even know what freedom is for they have lived in cages for the entirety of their lives and they have been given the false image that this, what we have around us in the United States, this, is freedom. It is not.

There are three ways to change the system and only three ways that have not already been exhausted. They are as follows:

1. Public Strike

-This would by far be the most effective way but it is the least likely to happen. American's are born and bred on differences and have been manufactured to be divided. On top of that, they are lazy and unwilling to take action unless a mass amount of others do so first. Unless a truly massive amount of people choose to boycott the system, a strike against it will do nothing. While it is possible to work, I have little faith in the American people's ability to do this effectively.

2. Wait for Collapse

-Collapse is coming. We can wait and pick up the pieces to reform a free nation, but you must remember that there will be other players looking to pick up the pieces as well. Foreign players, corporate interests, any Tom, Dick, and Harry with an interest with power of people will be looking to take advantage of the weak and desperate and it will only take one charismatic leader to lead people to their ruin. To me, this is the most dangerous and least effective way.

3. Revolution

- Instead of waiting for the country to collapse and having to rebuild from scratch, people can revolt and take it back before it does, possible saving it from the threat of any outside influence or power hungry usurpers. A revolution, much like a public strike takes people to commit to, however it takes far less to be effective and it is much easier to make statements through physical action. I have been through countless stats and scenarios and a revolution is by far the most effective options even though it may see the most bloodshed of the choices.

That is my two cents on the situation. One of three of those things need to happen to change America. If the people do not commit to 1 or 3, then 2 will happen on its own soon enough and if will be far worse than either one.
edit on 18-2-2013 by TheNewRevolution because: Bolded headlines

edit on 18-2-2013 by TheNewRevolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I'm sorry, I don't think I saw where the OP said we shouldn't have to work at all. I believe he made mention of how government regulations upon regulations seem to be in place to prevent people from going to work for themselves. The laws protect the interest of the old money and does everything to keep the poor where they are. These days, you even have to have a permit if you have a garage sale or yard sale. The money earned by owners of companies is hoarded in piles a lifetime couldn't spend, yet the workers are paid wages that are clearly not enough to get ahead in our modern economy. Many people (most?) have difficulty keeping their bills current. They perform an amazing juggling act with the bills. "Okay, this one is pink, I'll pay this one with this check. That one hasn't turned yellow yet, so I'll pay it next time." It's not that they haven't worked hard, it's that the greedy fat pigs are hording mass amounts of money for themselves. I'm not saying all the worker bees should be getting filthy rich, but they should be paid a decent wage. We work our tails off and try to pay for a house for MOST of our lives. It's a place to live, man. Should it be so difficult to attain? I'm not talking a mansion here. I'm not talking fancy cars and clothes and shoes or big screen tvs. I'm talking about a place of shelter and safety, a home for your family. You will pay for several decades just to have this, but then, be prepared to keep paying, and if you pass it to the kids, they must keep paying. Forever. Because you never actually own it. The government will take it if you do not continue to pay them forever and ever. Yes, I see what you mean. We are so lucky and free.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Right.. because if we have a revolution, and win.. we'll all be working 10 hour work weeks, sipping on champagne and everyone will have a luxury car, living in a mansion, and be able to do whatever they want.

Such delusion. People just have no idea how good they have it.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheNewRevolution
1. Public Strike

-This would by far be the most effective way but it is the least likely to happen. American's are born and bred on differences and have been manufactured to be divided. On top of that, they are lazy and unwilling to take action unless a mass amount of others do so first. Unless a truly massive amount of people choose to boycott the system, a strike against it will do nothing. While it is possible to work, I have little faith in the American people's ability to do this effectively.

I think you'd be surprised how few it would take, especially in an economy as shaky as this one. Some Chinese factories are forcing their workers to take no more than a few minutes for a bathroom break in an effort to push their economy and America is doing the same. If a couple of minutes in the bathroom is enough to make or break an economy than I think a few slaves dropping out will make a big impact.

For the record I already dropped out on strike. I really don't care if anyone follows suit or not, I was not happy as a slave and I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing what my slavery was contributing to. Realize that you don't need to wait for masses of others to start dropping out, it only takes one to put the idea in the heads of those who hadn't thought of it yet.

Moreover you want to think about the effect your dropping out of slavery will have on others, not just those in your immediate vicinity, but those you've never even met. Imagine you drop out and you tell your friends and family what you did and why. Maybe some of them agree with you and follow suit, maybe they agree and don't follow suit, maybe none of them agree with you. It's still an interesting story that's outside of the norm so some of those people are likely to repeat the story to others who may repeat the story themselves. Your story might even end up on a few blogs, of all the people that hear your story there's bound to be a few people along the line that agree with you and follow suit.

Just remember that you may never even know how your story effected other people, but somewhere out there you're making an impact.

Originally posted by fleabit
People just have no idea how good they have it.

If you're unhappy enough to realize you're unhappy than you don't have it good.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I'm not saying all the worker bees should be getting filthy rich, but they should be paid a decent wage. We work our tails off and try to pay for a house for MOST of our lives. It's a place to live, man. Should it be so difficult to attain? I'm not talking a mansion here. I'm not talking fancy cars and clothes and shoes or big screen tvs. I'm talking about a place of shelter and safety, a home for your family. You will pay for several decades just to have this, but then, be prepared to keep paying, and if you pass it to the kids, they must keep paying. Forever. Because you never actually own it. The government will take it if you do not continue to pay them forever and ever. Yes, I see what you mean. We are so lucky and free.

Don't like your wage? Learn different skills and get better wages. A place to live? Seriously? So many Americans... a LOT of them.. live far beyond their means. They buy houses they can't possibly afford. Can you afford the mortgage + 25% of that to handle cost of living in that house? No? You shouldn't have bought it in the first place. People do silly things all the time - like getting credit cards they can't afford.. maxing them out.. and then yelling because they didn't actually read the contract. It's it a ripoff? Yea, it certainly. Almost too good to be true! Hm.. there is a hint. If it's too good to be true...

People get credit cards (and max them) that they can't afford. They get cars with payments they can't afford (I'm guilty of this, but recognized it after the fact). And especially, houses they can't even begin to afford. And then we hear about the woe begone stories about how abused they are. Get smart. Buy within your means. Educate yourself. You can get here? On the Internet? Then you have the resources to get educated to make better wages.

We are seemingly living in the age of entitlement. If you want to make it in the world.. make it happen.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Go live in a cave with your freedom and see how easy it is. How no medical benefits, how having to work to make shelter, food, safe water is. You have no idea how easy you have it.

Could you please point me to a cave where I might do this, preferably a very large one as I expect many many many people will be joining me? It would also be helpful if the cave were located in a region where there is no law (part of your society) against living in said cave, with others (including families with children) or prohibiting us from reasonable use of land for survival and nurishment (you know, like animals are allowed to do). Furthermore, it would be most helpful if said cave were in a region where the people who enjoy their grand society (and think our livelihood silly) will kindly keep their noses in their own business and not try to interfere in our own right to life and happiness. It would also be most helpful if you could somehow convince your society not to thieve and rob from us when they decide they need something we have (your society being the more "progressive" one and all). Oh, and lest I forgot to mention, it would also be very useful if this cave were located on a naturally habitable planet (preferably Earth) and in somewhat a habitable zone, although I'm sure us lazy folk could work around that if you can convince your society to leave us alone.

There is no such cave, but it was nice to dream of for a moment.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by spqrenki

Oh its amazing what generations and generations of conditioning can do.

But as some wise dude once said.
And I quote.

The delightful and ever-novel pleasure of a useless occupation... Henri de Régnier

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

You are correct, it would take quite a few in comparison to the population, I still don't have faith that the numbers necessary would join. As can be seen by this topic alone, there are quite a good chunk of people who are "satisfied" with slavery and wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardize their way of life so long as it is going "good" for them.

reply to post by fleabit

We live in a world of permissions. If we don't have permissions to do anything, we can't do it. That isn't freedom. I don't care how good of a lifestyle you believe that to be - I want a free lifestyle no matter how much I have to sacrifice to get it.

Also, not everyone is living as "good" as you might have yourself believe.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Jumping in on the end of this one, but totally agree with the OP. We are all debt slaves and unless you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth and get the opportunity to go to the best school or college you will more than likely be chasing your tail all your life trying to eke out a decent living either owing the bank over a mortgage or paying some real estate agent for rent.
Don't get me wrong some people find a way to amass wealth from very little but you're talking a very low percentage of the population.
And I might add, this is not just happening in the US. The whole world are slaves to the 1%, every country who has a banking system is in the same boat.
The 1% are in control, you work your 40 hours+ a week and your wages go straight in the bank , do you remember the days when you were paid in cash? A little pay packet with actual folding stuff inside.
That stopped about 15 - 20 years ago. Now the bank gets your hard earned before you do and invests it before it even gets to your account. Where does the money go for two days before it clears? Why should they get first crack at it when you have done all the work. Because they are the masters and we are the slaves, I've read some of the reply's to this post who disagree with the OP.
They are apathetic and part of the problem, it will be very hard to change the system we have been put in, but sitting back and doing nothing is not going to help. Unfortunately I have no solution either, but am waiting for someone to create a solution and at that point I'll be joining the OP.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Symbiot

You are correct, it would take quite a few in comparison to the population, I still don't have faith that the numbers necessary would join. As can be seen by this topic alone, there are quite a good chunk of people who are "satisfied" with slavery and wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardize their way of life so long as it is going "good" for them.

Personally I think that you would find that of those who are not currently willing to drop out many are likely to change their mind if they see others doing it. As many are aware on ATS quite a few people like to follow the trends, once it starts trending more are likely to reconsider their stance. The fact that anti-depressants are among the top selling drugs in America is evidence that the majority of Americans are not happy with their current situation, they just need to see that others are fed up too.

By the by in example of what I said in regards to the story spreading. When I quit my job a few years ago I sent an email to the entire IT staff across the country regarding my decision to quit. I was cordial in that email, but gave a brief reasoning, however; I also printed the email out and wrote "f' you I quit" on the back and made a hundred or so double sided copies of it and left the copies on the copier by the front door. The next day I found out that someone in the office had picked up the copies and passed them out to everyone's desk.

Word carries fast

The VP of the IT department tried to have my email removed from inboxes, but a friend of mine was the email guy and he told the VP he couldn't do it.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
A lot of you are living in a fantasy world where "law" and enforcement should not be needed. Not wanted. You are living in a dream. Do you really feel you could live safely in a world without laws? Without law enforcement? You are delusional. Why do you think law enforcement has been a staple throughout history? Because it is needed.

Every day, I see activity by citizens that makes it clear we still require law enforcement. We are not yet so advanced that it would be needed. And as backwards as some folks make other countries to be, the United States is still behind as far as basic human morality. In Japan, after their horrific tsunami.. what did people do? Did the loot? Riot? Steal? No.. there were stories of people finding wallets in washed out homes, finding their original owners to return their money. Would that happen in America? Not likely. People riot and loot as soon as it is possible. We have mass stealing in department stores.

As I sit at a red light that turns green on my way to work.. and I watch almost 9 times out of 10.. someone running a red light so they don't have to wait, I wonder.. do we need law enforcement? Yes.. we do. Because as a country, we are still not mature enough to live without it. You are delusional if you think otherwise. If we "revolted" and took over.. we'd collapse under our own desire to be "right." Just look on this site! How many threads degenerate into "I am right and you are wrong"? You honestly think people with guns without law enforcement could live peaceably, ethically, morally and fairly? Seriously? You are living a DREAM. A fantasy. We need it because we would COLLAPSE if we didn't have it.

It's ironic, because you folks scorn it.. and yet, it is probably what has kept our country from collapsing.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by HillbillyHippie1

It isn't mental labor that puts a roof over your head, food in your family's mouth, clothes on your kids, and safe travel. What? Do you know someone who has telekenetic powers to do these things? It is physical labor that makes a roof over your head, grows, gathers and prepares food, makes clothing, etc. The only mental labor involved by the leader of a company is the ability to make other people do the physical labor which makes their mental labor manifest in as efficient and profitable a manner as possible, OR ELSE. A CEO without physical laborers is a waste of space that could easily be replaced by a computer program or will be able to be in the near future - thank Goddess. If there are any CEOs in the future they will be reduced to figureheads and mere humans performing a few necessary human tasks which fortunately will provide a windfall of extra income that can be divided among those who actually physically DO and MAKE things.

You missed the point. Utterly and completely missed the point. How much can you get a t-shirt for at walmart? $5? and a pair of jeans? $10-$15? Some shoes, another $30. You can cloth yourself for $50. Now, do you think that you could make those things for $50 or even $100 including your time? Unless you're paying yourself

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
No, I don't feel like a slave right now, just had some Dorito's
Hey, if it weren't for slavery, the Greeks wouldn't have been able to invent Democracy right (as if they did in the first place!) Socrates was a big fan of slavery! So was Woodrow Wilson, go figure ! If you want to be free, your out of luck. If you want to feel free, keep walking until there isn't a soul around for 50 miles, that's freedom! all else is just an illusion!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I disagree. "law enforcement" was originally designed to enforce the rule of the king, emperor, pharaoh, etc and had nothing to do with protecting the people of the empire from one another. Today people are generally angry because they get jerked around by BS laws that destroy their privacy and their ability to govern their own lives like an adult. People get so fed up with the BS in their daily lives that sometimes they finally snap and take it out on others, this is largely caused by laws and law enforcement, not prevented by it.

The poor are pissed because they work two or three jobs and have absolutely nothing to show for it and on top of that the police are constantly beating them with clubs, zapping them with tazers, and throwing them behind bars simply because they were trying to get some food for their family, food they probably made for some corporation, but can't afford to eat themselves. The middle class gets pissed off after getting jerked around by some bank or corporation who the laws protect more than the people. The upper class is not used to being refused so when it does eventually happen they don't know what to do and end up raping someone.

Law enforcement and laws are the cause of the problem, not the solution.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HillbillyHippie1

You could go homestead in alaska. doesn't take much. I've got a friend who did it about an hour and a half from fairbanks. head up there. I've considered it myself.... still haven't ruled it out.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Those who abide by the system are all slaves. They either realize it and accept it as such or they are ignorant of it and continue to live in denial.

I read the first page but I'm not going to siphon through every reply because I know exactly what I am going to hear, the same responses that people have given me time and again in the past and it doesn't lead to much hope. People have been born and bred to inaction and so long as they have their scraps of technology and false sense of happiness, slavery to them is all they know and they will not fight for anything better.

Freedom is the answer. Freedom is the key. Most people do not even know what freedom is for they have lived in cages for the entirety of their lives and they have been given the false image that this, what we have around us in the United States, this, is freedom. It is not.

There are three ways to change the system and only three ways that have not already been exhausted. They are as follows:

1. Public Strike

2. Wait for Collapse

-Collapse is coming. We can wait and pick up the pieces to reform a free nation, but you must remember that there will be other players looking to pick up the pieces as well. Foreign players, corporate interests, any Tom, Dick, and Harry with an interest with power of people will be looking to take advantage of the weak and desperate and it will only take one charismatic leader to lead people to their ruin. To me, this is the most dangerous and least effective way.

3. Revolution

- Instead of waiting for the country to collapse and having to rebuild from scratch, people can revolt and take it back before it does, possible saving it from the threat of any outside influence or power hungry usurpers. A revolution, much like a public strike takes people to commit to, however it takes far less to be effective and it is much easier to make statements through physical action. I have been through countless stats and scenarios and a revolution is by far the most effective options even though it may see the most bloodshed of the choices.

That is my two cents on the situation. One of three of those things need to happen to change America. If the people do not commit to 1 or 3, then 2 will happen on its own soon enough and if will be far worse than either one.
edit on 18-2-2013 by TheNewRevolution because: Bolded headlines

edit on 18-2-2013 by TheNewRevolution because: (no reason given)

Excellent post! I do agree with all your points but want to add another subsection under waiting for the collapse:

Religion: Wait for whatever deity you believe in to come back and save you from your miserable circumstances. A lot of people really hang on to this, along with all the consequences of this kind of belief.

I would say that #2 is the most likely to happen, since no one does anything anyways that creates permanent change for the better for the majority (in the USA). Perhaps I'm wrong though.

People are not organized enough to define what the problem(s) are and also to have clearly written solutions to the defined problems so that there is something defined to what "change" is. So even if "the people" somehow banded together to "pick up the pieces", they would probably be doing so for the first time and pretty concerned with survival and evasion at that point. As of now I don't see much meaningful "organization" from the people.

Great post though, good stuff to think about =)

--
Edit: Loved this quote

I never had a credit card once, don't have a bank account now, don't have medical insurance (I know I will die one day anyways), no air conditioning or heating (except making a fire), and I cook my own food. Plus a lot of other paperwork nonsense I don't do. I quit, walked away, to enjoy life. I'm only living once =)
edit on 18-2-2013 by Philippines because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Really it's not about organization, if you're not happy being a slave then stop being a slave. Have a little faith in yourself, people have survived this planet for thousands of years, most of that time was long before the invention of civilization.

As for what might happen after a collapse. In the Great Depression people ended up sharing and helping one another to survive, freely, and found that this was the most beneficial method of survival. I would imagine people to discover the very same this time around.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by INDOMITABLE

I see what you are saying. Everywhere I have lived had pedalers selling stuff. Here in Spain the moors, people from Senegal, and else where sell CD-s, crafts, watches, umbrellas, purses ect. The moors are more commercial and tend to have a huge assortment of things to sell. You actually do end up buying things from them since they are like a walking Bazaar. The bootleggers (Senegalese) on the other hand, you buy from out of pity more often then not, and just throw the crap away since it literally breaks in your hands upon first use. They are also REAL Muslims, moderates and so are REALLY REALLY authentic and nice people. I have nothing bad to say about them. The moors, well they are different.

In NY people did the water bottles, candy and other such highway ramp enterprises.

In all cases the law was not on their side, but never enforced on them unless they were operating where legitimate business was. Like an open market would have stand owners who pay for their license complain to the PD about bootleggers and the cops would come to actually enforce the law.

In all cases the people selling wares were better off then beggars. They work for their income. They in turn look like everyone else. I think it is interesting that Spaniards who get government issued checks that are homeless, which they pick up from an office not far from me, look FAR worse than immigrants who cant even speak spanish yet seem to feed and cloth themselves. I am not saying immigrants dont have REALLY hard times, BUT they usually live somewhere and not under a bridge, eat, cloth themselves, and have normal lives where they go out when times allow for it.

To extend your hand out asking for something ALWAYS is to resort to settling for what is given to you like a slave. To seek out your own way, though difficult and full of needs unmet, is to be free. You decide what you get and what you do.

I am not saying that you should never ask for help or never give it. I am saying ALL things should be taken in their due moderation. Some more than others, but all with limits. That is the only functional way to be.

edit on 18-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by kaylaluv

Like I said, Somalia is and has always been a miserable place to live, because they don't have a stable government system set in place. So if you want to live in a country that has no government set up to protect you, go move to Somalia.

Besides, YOU don't have a stable government set in place to protect you, either. Get outta line, they can dump your fanny in jail and throw the key away. They can drone you, too, just because they said so. Hmmmm, I think there's a word for that .....

Yeah, it's a real warzone in my suburb right now. Bombs dropping everywhere - everyone is being thrown in jail for no reason...

The only reason why you don't have all that is because your on the other end of the consumer spectrum, your in essence the house cat trained to stare out the window at the world, if circumstances would of went a bit different then the roles might have been reversed. And if you were to take your house cat and leave it in the forest it would not survive, just stating facts. Usually when the spectrum changes you will get a better picture of things. The super powers ie USA China Russian Europe are just sucking up the resources in there satellite countries before they suck and use up there's, when that runs out which still wont be fore a while, but when it does then it will be time to kick things into high gear, thats why there worried about the whole petro dollar collapsing, and power shifting.

And Somalia has always been a war-zone because Somalia has always had stuff to take, and has always been prime targets for the billions a dollars a year gun trade business. Among other things which would take pages and pages to explain and really I forgot all that stuff but its not like its important anyways.

Here they say a picture says a thousand words. So what do you see in this pictures of Somali gorillaz and freedom-fighters.
link
link
link

You know what I see. Those guns they have were made in Russia or USA, the bullets were made in USA. The jeans there wearing was made in a factory in Bangladesh or Indonesia. There shoes oh would you be surprised if it had a Nike logo on it. The fabric for there shirts was made in china with material brought over from Africa or south America. The metal in there guns was gotten from the ground in some African country were it was brought over to the Americas or china were it was smelted to make there guns and a bunch of other things. Were do you think that car there all standing on comes from? They probably made it in a straw hut somewhere right? in between the time the local militias and roving gangs gunning down people, a very crafty bunch they are if they did. Its not easy to concentrate when you got a hundred dudes with guns pointed at you.

And that tank they have, well who do you think gave it to them or showed them how to make it? Those glasses one of them wears in the picture were do you think those ultimately came from? That blanket, umm seems machine made. That can of food they have there in the background in one of the pictures, I am sure they canned that in the bush somewhere right? Even there traditional Muslim headgear probably has a sticker that says "made in china" And more importantly it seems for years the UN or USA has been giving aid to them and helping them for years and years, and yet no progress? But for every sack of rice they dropped to feed them it seemed another part of that machine drooped bullets and guns. Do you think that is by accident? Or are things exactly as they want them to be.
To tell you the truth they get what they deserve, and so will you, and everybody else, it may take a while but things have a way of coming round. It is as it should be.

Ever see a picture of the old boogie man bin laden and everything about him in those pictures screamed made in America down to the sandals he used to wear.
The world is a bit more complex then is shown on the TV or then anybody and that includes me thinks it is. The OP however has a point or two, and so do you, but what of it. And government is there because people cant function without it, not because it's necessary in and of itself, but because its necessary for people to believe so, however in reality its not even all that useful, and in any other state and civilization before yours there came a time were it became the downfall of that civilization. Merely something to ponder on.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spqrenki

The trick is if you are going to have to work to keep yourself afloat, try to find something you like to do for a living. A nice job. Then it makes the modern day version of slavery this post is about (which is a bit much, but...) a lot more bearable.

What's that saying...... 'Slavery never really ended in this country. They just changed the name of it to employer.'

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join