It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Quit! The Forced Slavery of America

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Making under $50k a year, going into credit card debt, and being forced to live within your limits is not slavery, its called being a responsible adult...

Rofl!

Maybe you should look at it that way, HOW MUCH does the company/your boss profit FROM YOUR WORK?

Hint: You would not be employed if your company/boss thinks that your work is LESS worth than what they pay you for.

Means: You might be making $50k....but your work overall might probably produce $100k profit which goes to your company instead, not to you. Since the system WORKS like this (it's a basic principle) - the term "slavery" is in essence justified.

Even worse, that YOU and millions of others don't see it that way, accept it as "the way how life is"...rather than seeing a big problem here somewhere. Pretty sad.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Nicks87

Chevron
John S. Watson - Joined Chevron in 1980 after completing his MBA at the University of Chicago. He slowly climbed the corporate ladder and was made an executive in (CFO) 2001, he didnt become CEO until 2010... But you're right, these CEO's are just GIVEN the jobs they have, they NEVER work their tales off to get to the place they're at....

This is just 1 example and i can find you many more... These CEO's work their butts off to get where they are, getting great undergrad and post grad degrees... FYI- University of Chicago is a top 5 MBA program that's incredibly hard to get in to. It took him 30 years to get to the apex of his career, but you're right, he must have known somebody to make that jump...

"slowly climbed the corporate ladder" translation: He took longer to learn how to operate a criminal enterprise. The really good criminals move up faster, just look at Barack Obama.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I live a great life, why would i complain??? I'm happy, I make more than enough money to be comfortable, I'm a rising star at my company and I'm given incredible perks to keep doing a great job.... What do I have to complain about? It seems that most people just love being haters and they love hating on those who are happy because they can't find that happiness like others have....

So if the system isn't working to your liking, just call it slavery, use that big bad scary word to try to make your point come across harder... I'm not buying the crap you guys are trying to sell and I find it offensive to the people who were actually slaves... I bet the slaves of the late 1700's and 1800's would kill to have the lives today that you call slavery...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

So basically, what you're saying is, if you're successful or earn a great living you're a criminal???

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by spqrenki

Is that this, maybe?

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2/18/2013 by dragnik because: addition of photo

edit on 2/18/2013 by dragnik because: additional link

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

Being a politician and running a fortune 500 company is apples and oranges my friend.... Please go read the bio's of any of the top fortune 500 CEO's and I guarantee you, you will be shocked at the amount of hard work and dedication they had to put in to reach the apex of their careers...

You bring up Obama like I was defending him somewhere in any of my posts... I was talking Fortune 500 CEO's not politicians....And I didn't vote for Obama, I didn't feel he had enough experience and still feel that same way today...
edit on 18-2-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)
I've worked at fortune 500 companies and I've personal met a couple CEO's. They are some of the biggest A-holes I've ever met. They'll cut your throat if it makes them a dollar. As for their plight to reach the top I'm sure it has nothing on the hardship I've witnessed growing up.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Aye aye aye... CEO's are SUPPOSED to be cut-throat, they aren't here to be your best friends, they are there to make the company profits and make the tough decisions others can't make... That is all..... Who ever said that CEO's needed to be Mr. Rogers?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I live a great life, why would i complain??? I'm happy, I make more than enough money to be comfortable, I'm a rising star at my company and I'm given incredible perks to keep doing a great job.... What do I have to complain about? It seems that most people just love being haters and they love hating on those who are happy because they can't find that happiness like others have....

So if the system isn't working to your liking, just call it slavery, use that big bad scary word to try to make your point come across harder... I'm not buying the crap you guys are trying to sell and I find it offensive to the people who were actually slaves... I bet the slaves of the late 1700's and 1800's would kill to have the lives today that you call slavery...

Oh no! my skewed reality is being questioned. Quick start calling people names and pull the race card so I can win the argument.

Sound about right?

I bet more of my family were slaves then yours. You want to play the race card, lets do it. I think it is an insult to "real" slaves as you call them, to continue to put up with a more acceptable form of slavery.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87

Oh no! my skewed reality is being questioned. Quick start calling people names and pull the race card so I can win the argument.

Sound about right?

I bet more of my family were slaves then yours. You want to play the race card, lets do it. I think it is an insult to "real" slaves as you call them, to continue to put up with a more acceptable form of slavery.

What race card did he pull? I missed that part.

I also keep asking for someone to prove to me how I am playing the role of a slave by being successful .
edit on 18-2-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87

reply to post by Nicks87

Chevron
John S. Watson - Joined Chevron in 1980 after completing his MBA at the University of Chicago. He slowly climbed the corporate ladder and was made an executive in (CFO) 2001, he didnt become CEO until 2010... But you're right, these CEO's are just GIVEN the jobs they have, they NEVER work their tales off to get to the place they're at....

This is just 1 example and i can find you many more... These CEO's work their butts off to get where they are, getting great undergrad and post grad degrees... FYI- University of Chicago is a top 5 MBA program that's incredibly hard to get in to. It took him 30 years to get to the apex of his career, but you're right, he must have known somebody to make that jump...

"slowly climbed the corporate ladder" translation: He took longer to learn how to operate a criminal enterprise. The really good criminals move up faster, just look at Barack Obama.

To "climb the corporate ladder" usually involves back stabbing, cut throat morals, and sucking your boss of on a daily basis.

eh... not my cup of tea.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Well that's good because the world needs CEO's and Executives and it also needs all the worker bees. Everyone can't be the top dog....

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

reply to post by wantsome

Aye aye aye... CEO's are SUPPOSED to be cut-throat, they aren't here to be your best friends, they are there to make the company profits and make the tough decisions others can't make... That is all..... Who ever said that CEO's needed to be Mr. Rogers?

They don't need to be Mr. Rogers, but at least they should have some respect for thier employees and others. I have too met some CEO's. (not all of them are A holes) but the majority I have met are. They seem to think that everyone should be kissing thier feet.
A bit tragic.
Money surely changes weak minded people.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I was just speaking to someone who belongs to a think tank that deals in societal problems and they are rather happy over a recent study that suggests we are well on our way to a "post post modern tipping point."

What that meant, he explained, is that we are at 5% of the pop who supports things like equatable economics, environmental awareness, population planning, general rationality based kindness and cooperation, etc., etc. He went on to say that sometime between now and 10%, at the highest end, we will tip over the edge and actually live the changes we only dream of now.

Sign me up. That was the first hopeful conversation I've had in a while.

link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I don't remember slaves of the past being paid fair wages or being allowed to go home to live within the comfort of their own homes, do you?

You don't own your home, just stop paying the revenue men and see how fast you'll be living under a bridge (which you don't own either). This is soft slavery. You're not supposed to see the whips and chains. And so you don't.

Just as a side note: Did you know that back in the "good old days" black slaves were treated much better than white slaves who were simply kidnabbed off the streets of Europe and brought to America for the wealthy elite to use and abuse? That's because they had to BUY African slaves while white slaves were pretty much free for the taking. The elite don't think differently now, they just found ways to con people into doing what they want and thinking they're not owned, mostly by forcing parents to pay for and submit each new generation of children to public education "institutions" while the parents are out there doing whatever the elite wants done for a buck two fifty after the "bills" are paid back to the owners. Every generation is less able to be independent than the one before it because that's what is taught. Dependence on the system.

link   

reply to post by resoe26

Well that's good because the world needs CEO's and Executives and it also needs all the worker bees. Everyone can't be the top dog....

This is true.
But the persona displayed by some of them... absurd.
Most of the time they don't understand that without the "worker bees", they don't make any money.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by jhn7537

I don't remember slaves of the past being paid fair wages or being allowed to go home to live within the comfort of their own homes, do you?

You don't own your home, just stop paying the revenue men and see how fast you'll be living under a bridge (which you don't own either). This is soft slavery. You're not supposed to see the whips and chains. And so you don't.

You are right, you don't own your home until you pay it off ..then you do.
Of course then you have to pay taxes and as long as you do that life is good, at least on that front.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

If you seek an alternative, it has to be without violence, it'll just sharpen their "fangs."

How about a full shutdown? No one works, no one travels, everything is closed for 1 day?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom
Unfortunately "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that believe they are free!" This is one of the hardest obstacles in making Americans see the truth of their enslavement! This is just how it is! There are so many who want so much to believe they are living in the same free country which their perceptions have allowed of them!

You know I keep seeing this quote and I have yet to see anyone prove to me how I am not free right now. .

Bills and rent paid for the month.
In my office today wearing the clothes I want focused on something I enjoy.
I am going to watch a replay of a hockey game when i get home from work then do something else I enjoy after that.
Im going to choose what time I go to bed tonight.
Every friday I move a % of my checking into a higher yield account.
Im also in the process of scheduling my vacation for my family.

Show me how i am not free. Not some esoteric statement of "if you dont get it then you never were, blah blah blah" Someone in prison is not free. Someone addicted to drugs, drinking , smoking, gambling, some other vice they are not free.

1. Do you pay the IRS and state (if applicable) taxes?
2. Do you have any debts to banks/credit cards/any other large outstanding debts you are obligated to pay?
3. Do you depend on others for your food/water, or do you sustain yourself?
4. Do you pay into social security or other government funds?
5. Do you keep your money in a bank? Do you own gold/silver as a hedge against the fiat currencies?
6. Do you own your shelter and the land it's on, including mineral rights and other rights down to the Earth's core?
7. Can you do whatever you want on "your own" land, as long as you respect your neighbors?
8. Can you collect rainwater legally?
9. Can you raise animals like chickens or other livestock on your land, if you own any land?
10. Are you able to setup a business on residential zoned property?
11. Could you setup an out of town circus on your front lawn, legally?
12. Can your children (if you have any, or you yourself) keep a lemonade stand running for a month from your front lawn? (If you're in a house)
13. Can you sell liquor or tobacco from your house without a license or other paper?
14. Will you drive for the rest of your life without a drivers license to prove you are free?
15. Can you leave the USA without a passport or other documentation? Just on your own merits and word?
16. Can you chop down trees on your own land (if you own any) to use for firewood, or is there an ordinance against that?
17. Can you make your own private radio station on your claimed channel, overriding existing stations broadcasts, for your own purposes?
18. Will you grow the following plants as a free man: marijuana, coca, opium poppy?
19. Would you shoot a trespasser on your land if they are a threat to you/your family's livelihood?
20. If someone violates your land through burning/erosion/whatever, would you go after them, and how?

I can come up with many more extreme circumstances, but am more curious on some basics. Thanks for your time =)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines
2. Do you have any debts to banks/credit cards/any other large outstanding debts you are obligated to pay?
5. Do you keep your money in a bank? Do you own gold/silver as a hedge against the fiat currencies?
6. Do you own your shelter and the land it's on, including mineral rights and other rights down to the Earth's core?
7. Can you do whatever you want on "your own" land, as long as you respect your neighbors?
9. Can you raise animals like chickens or other livestock on your land, if you own any land?
12. Can your children (if you have any, or you yourself) keep a lemonade stand running for a month from your front lawn? (If you're in a house)
13. Can you sell liquor or tobacco from your house without a license or other paper?
14. Will you drive for the rest of your life without a drivers license to prove you are free?
15. Can you leave the USA without a passport or other documentation? Just on your own merits and word?
16. Can you chop down trees on your own land (if you own any) to use for firewood, or is there an ordinance against that?
17. Can you make your own private radio station on your claimed channel, overriding existing stations broadcasts, for your own purposes?
18. Will you grow the following plants as a free man: marijuana, coca, opium poppy?
19. Would you shoot a trespasser on your land if they are a threat to you/your family's livelihood?
20. If someone violates your land through burning/erosion/whatever, would you go after them, and how?

I can come up with many more extreme circumstances, but am more curious on some basics. Thanks for your time =)

Hi Philippines,
Thanks for jumping in!

The list of questions you provided are more about living without laws or structure vs living as a slave. To me their is a difference because within that structure you have free will if you are lucky enough or driven enough to get to that point. If the end game for you is total freedom then anyone living within structure will be a slave and I can't nor do I wish to argue that because we will just have fundamental differences.

The thing is since human nature is not static and you have people that will constantly take the easy way\ criminal way show me one place in the world that succeeds without basic laws or structure.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by Philippines

Hi Philippines,
Thanks for jumping in!

The list of questions you provided are more about living without laws or structure vs living as a slave. To me their is a difference because within that structure you have free will if you are lucky enough or driven enough to get to that point. If the end game for you is total freedom then anyone living within structure will be a slave and I can't nor do I wish to argue that because we will just have fundamental differences.

The thing is since human nature is not static and you have people that will constantly take the easy way\ criminal way show me one place in the world that succeeds without basic laws or structure.

Cool, thanks for the fast response and the intro =). I understand you're conceding freedom is on different levels now? So you are not truly "free" according to your definitions? So let's start with some basics...

1. What do you consider the standards of being free?
2. Refer to #1

Again, thanks for your response, and a mature thought out one. I did have a list of questions living without "law", whatever that means =b

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join