It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

And yet, one of your own links has this to say...

3) The Bottom Line Biden won, since he was the only one whose performance will leave an imprint on the popular consciousness.

More important, though, is that Obama lost. Regardless of whether one agrees with his agenda, it is undeniable that he has been derelict in his responsibility to effectively articulate his own case. His post-Convention bounce in the polls was due not to his own forgettable speech, but to Bill Clinton's stirring stemwinder; now, if he winds up recovering in the polls over the next week, it will be due not to his own lackluster debate performance, but Biden's feistiness. I suspect that Biden has managed to mitigate a little bit of the damage done by the first Obama-Romney debate, but overall the burden will lie with the president to accomplish the rest of the job (if it is to be accomplished at all). If anything, Biden's pugnacity only underscored the deferential tone Obama used eight days ago.

www.policymic.com...

If anything, Biden's performance last night and his speech at the DNC only made Obama look weaker, and that's what's really going to set in with the voters come election day. They are all going to think that Obama needs Biden to carry the ball for him because Obama doesn't have it in him any more.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

LOL...I can appreciate that. I don't see too many Repubs jumping up and down over Ryan's 'stellar" performance...but buddy the Dems think Joe smoked it.

Don't get me wrong...as far as presence...Joe had an edge...but they both looked like bufoons to me....sorry
edit on 10/12/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
Ryan looked like a kid and Biden looked like everyone's drunk uncle...

Exactly. I fully agree with this.

Originally posted by seabag
…which means republicans won.

Honestly I don't think the VP debate means much at all.
They are just cheerleaders for their boss.
You get a look at the guys who would fill in if their boss died or something.
But other than that .... I really don't think the VP debate means much.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The presidential debates really don't mean that much, either.

They are just a way for the people not familiar with the candidates to get a look-see at them. And sometimes entertaining for those of us who are.
edit on 10/12/2012 by queenannie38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
I don't see too many Repubs jumping up and down over Ryan's 'stellar" performance...

Which is why there isn't much incentive to expose Ryan this morning. The republicans are just holding their noses and voting for the (R) because they think it's 'less bad' than voting for Obama and the (D). There aren't a whole lot of rom-bots out there.

but buddy the Dems think Joe smoked it.

Which makes it all the more fun to expose 'Joe's' errors ... it ticks off the o-bots.

but they both looked like bufoons to me

I think you got it right with your other post ....
Biden looked like the drunk old uncle and Ryan looked like a goofy kid.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

See you in November.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
He sure was “like a boss.” He was arrogant, rude, demanding, condescending, and an overall D-bag!
Glad we agree!

This qualities are sometimes needed in the position of leadership. Politics is not a cupcake party, as the boyscout found the hard way.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Biden Claims He Voted Against Afghanistan, Iraq Wars
freebeacon.com...

Then Sen. Biden voted for the Afghanistan resolution on Sept. 14, 2001 which authorized “the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.” And on Oct. 11, 2002, Biden voted for a resolution authorizing unilateral military action in Iraq,

These are bold faced lies. How do you forget voting to support war?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by aethertek

See you in November.

It's so true

Ryan did nothing but lie and distort

too funny

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

See you in November.

awww mannnn you beat me! I just saved that from facebook and was going to share it!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Paul Ryan’s 5 Biggest Lies of the First Half of the Vice Presidential Debate

Somebody needs to analyze the lies and compare both candidates.

Like which lies had more punch, substance, and impact on voters.

Fact Check: Top Ten Worst Lies by Joe Biden in VP Debate

LIVE Fact Check: The Joe Biden Lie Detector

I say Biden and Obama are more vulnerable because their lies usually involve real events.

Like the recent Libya / Middle East-Asia Embassy protests and attacks.

Other lies about the economy have a big impact too.

I think Biden used all the standard Liberal / Left Wing debate tactics.....

It may have backfired this time IMO.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Biden Claims He Voted Against Afghanistan, Iraq Wars
freebeacon.com...

Then Sen. Biden voted for the Afghanistan resolution on Sept. 14, 2001 which authorized “the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.” And on Oct. 11, 2002, Biden voted for a resolution authorizing unilateral military action in Iraq,

These are bold faced lies. How do you forget voting to support war?

Yeah, I missed that entirely last night while it was happening but I sure caught the mention afterward and upon looking up the voting records...what do ya know?

I'm dying to see how anyone blindly supporting Biden without exceptions....explains THAT one. It was, without question, a bold face lie straight to the nation. He didn't vote for..what? As you say, he DID vote for both, just like the vast majority of both parties did.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
Only reason republicans are mad is because biden didnt roll over like Obama did. The media did a good job of painting biden as "stupid" so you were all excited to see a democrat get beat up on live TV. Oops! Biden being stupid was another lie foxnews told you.

So instead of trying to disagree with the political issues he talked about last night, you want to focus on his smiling. Thats how you know you are in a bind, you have no legitimate arguement.

edit on 12-10-2012 by theconspirator because: (no reason given)

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but sorry you're wrong. I'm a conservative and I found Biden to be completely disrespectful. As for Ryan, I'm no more or less impressed than I was. Moreover, CNN's fact checking crew found Ryan to be correct on the Medicare numbers. No anger, here brother - just embarrassed for my current Vice President.

I do agree people will long forget what was discussed during this debate just as I couldn't tell you one thing I remember about Biden and Palin. They will use Biden's dentures just as they do with Al Gore's sighs, Quayle's being no Jack Kennedy, etc.

The numbers don't lie. Even CNN has Romney ahead, and they are putting previously Obama-led swing states back into play. Grin on that.

edit on 12-10-2012 by flashtrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
What I've gathered from this thread is that conservatives don't like Biden stealing Romney's debate style, liberals think that style is ok as long as their guy uses it, CNN poll results are accurate as long as they say the conservative won, and few on either side notice when their guy lies. In reality, both men in both debates lied repeatedly and no matter who wins the election ( including the Libertarian ) , the downward spiral will continue. Like the Titanic, most first class AND steerage passengers will be going under soon. The difference is US citizens are far more to blame than the Titanic passengers were, and when the ship sunk it didn't take all the other ships in the ocean down with it. It's a grand game of Divide and Conquer, and most of you are playing right along.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by flashtrum

Gee...like CNN...and Ted Turner...a 1 percenter...really gives a crap about facts. That dude is a monster...all he cares about is "his" power..."his" world..."his "philosophy" of thought. He has his own twisted view of "the way things ought to be".

I know a lot of people want to divide media into liberal conservative...shame really....you need to realize the media is owned by wealthy pricks and "they are not on your side"....get a clue. They feed you what they think you need to know to agree with them....your choices and opinion are based on biased propaganda....did that hurt much?
edit on 10/12/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I know this would never happen, but I would love to see this... Put all four (Obama, Biden, Romney and Ryan) in front of a question/debate panel have them swear under oath to answer EVERY question truthfully and if they lie they are kicked off the ticket... Then we would get some legitimate answers.. And pass this on to the House and Senate too...

Time to end the lying...

I would love to see how both sides would fair when dealing with that situation...
edit on 12-10-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

To quote Bill Clinton's speech to the Democratic National Convention: "It takes some brass to attack a guy for doing what you did."

Or a guy named Joe who has spent over 2 decades in Washington screwing people over,brass not needed.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
I know this would never happen, but I would love to see this... Put all four (Obama, Biden, Romney and Ryan) in front of a question/debate panel have them swear under oath to answer EVERY question truthfully and if they lie they are kicked off the ticket... Then we would get some legitimate answers..

Time to end the lying...

I would love to see how both sides would fair when dealing with that situation...

Nice thought...

But swear an oath?...Like that matters...these dudes would lie in front of the pearly gates if they thought for a second they would get away with it. There is no integrity. There is no fear of repercussion. Both of these parties are filled with liars, cheaters and scoundrels. Asking them to swear an oath is cheapening the value of an"oath" for the rest of us. It would not matter.

The only way it would work would be brutal repercussions if they are caught in a lie.

"Gentlemen....we have multiple teams of fact checkers watching this debate. If you are found to be mis-representing a topic or out and out lieing...we are going to nail your scrotum to the chair you are sitting in."....Maybe that would work and being on live, nationwide TV...it might do some good.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

See you in November.

awww mannnn you beat me! I just saved that from facebook and was going to share it!

Right-wing media? Wtf? You mean one station? I don't know which debate the dems were watching here, but I can honestly say it was pretty even. I saw an experienced politician dominating in stage presence and a new-comer holding his own showing great poise. I know Obama supporters like to high-five each other in their little circles whenever Biden does something right (which is rare) but come on now everyone.

I know you're all partisan with your parties, and no matter how badly someone gets destroyed you will still decide against it if it is your team getting thrashed. Honestly though, it was pretty even last night, no one OMG OWNED!!!11!!!!11 anyone else. The debate was inconsequential, and that is the truth because it was pretty even.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by xuenchen

To quote Bill Clinton's speech to the Democratic National Convention: "It takes some brass to attack a guy for doing what you did."

Or a guy named Joe who has spent over 2 decades in Washington screwing people over,brass not needed.

And Biden is a master at blaming others for what he is guilty of.
(So is Obama)

He is also a master at using other people's words to his advantage.

remember all this ?
(old article from Aug 2008)

Biden’s trouble with the plagiarism began a stump speech in Iowa. At the end of the speech, Biden used a series of phrases that closely mirrored a previous speech by that of British politician Neal Kinnock. Though there are several reports that he had previously used and cited the source of those words, there seems to be a clear understanding that, in this one case, he did not.

The result of this was that his Democratic challenger Michael Dukakis created an attack video splicing together Biden’s speech with that of Kinnocks.

The attack was remarkably effective and can be described as a classic example of “YouTube politics” before the Web even existed.

Not only was Biden’s reputation hurt by the initial scandal, reporters from Newsweek also turned up allegations of plagiarism dating back to when he was a student at Syracuse Law School, where he failed and was forced to retake a course due to an allegation of plagiarism

The Biden Plagiarism Scandal

edit on Oct-12-2012 by xuenchen because:

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join