It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Face it the GOP's wunderkind turned out to be a wunderwimp who got his butt handed to him.

You guys can keep ignoring the facts but they won’t change!

Maybe some of you need a picture to help you understand…..here you go!

Did that make more sense? Has it registered now that Biden Lost just like his boss?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

....so....they're non-existant like the body of the post before editing??

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
So people were okay with Biden's overall demeanor? The grinning, the laughing, how he kept cutting off Ryan, how he insulted him on numerous occasions, that's okay? I'm not an extreme right, I'm not an extreme left, I'm right down the middle and I didn't appreciate it... I don't care to watch my politicians act like a Reunion special of the Real Housewives of whatever city... These politicians are supposed to act with a little civility and decorum (ATS DontTreadOnMe would have knocked both those mofo's down)..... Sadly, I expect more from my VP and the man running against him... I guess some enjoy watching our politicians act like children, I do not.... I guess we're doomed regardless of who takes office... Cheers to another 4 years of SH*T!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

It's called "top listing," young grasshopper....

One day I might share some of my wonderful ATS tactics!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
So people were okay with Biden's overall demeanor? The grinning, the laughing, how he kept cutting off Ryan, how he insulted him on numerous occasions, that's okay? I'm not an extreme right, I'm not an extreme left, I'm right down the middle and I didn't appreciate it... I don't care to watch my politicians act like a Reunion special of the Real Housewives of whatever city... These politicians are supposed to act with a little civility and decorum (ATS DontTreadOnMe would have knocked both those mofo's down)..... Sadly, I expect more from my VP and the man running against him... I guess some enjoy watching our politicians act like children, I do not.... I guess we're doomed regardless of who takes office... Cheers to another 4 years of SH*T!!!!!!!!!

OK, have to agree that DontTreadOnMe would have stepped in and taken charge on both debates!

But that's only because DTOM ROCKS!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

He sure was “like a boss.” He was arrogant, rude, demanding, condescending, and an overall D-bag!

Glad we agree!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

It's called "top listing," young grasshopper....

One day I might share some of my wonderful ATS tactics!

OK...

I've done all the political stuff I can stand for today (forced myself to do it to make a point on another thread, and just can't keep it up, I don't care for politics from either side)

Look forward to learning your techniques!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Bloomberg commentator Julianna Goldman... debate was a draw. This is Bloomberg....

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Face it the GOP's wunderkind turned out to be a wunderwimp who got his butt handed to him.

Nope, it still isn’t true!!

CNN poll numbers released in the last hour show Mr. Ryan won, 47%-44%. And make no mistake, that 3% is going to matter.
link

Here's some that says otherwise.

Analysis: Ryan was solid, but feisty Biden won the debate

VP Debate Winner: Joe Biden Won, But the Big Loser is President Obama

Who won the vice presidential debate?

Immediate polls from CBS, NBC, and Xbox Live all reported that a majority of undecided voters believed Biden won, and the prediction markets ticked up a few points in President Barack Obama's favor in the hours after the confrontation.

Poll: Biden takes debate over Ryan, uncommitted voters say

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The far left o-bots keep claiming Biden did some wonderful thing.
Therefore, I post counter points to that. Get over it.

And the right isn't claiming that Ryan did well?

Or what about after the first debate, when the right was claiming Romney did so well, did you go after Romney about all his lies? Your post history says no. You do know that we can all see your post history, right? If you can link me to 5 posts where you call out Romney's lies, that would be great.

Romney appreciates your support and your vote, but he is still going to raise your taxes.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Please repost your link to the fact checkers. Because according to PolitiFact it obvious how Ryan got the nickname lyan Ryan.

LOL! How convenient that your "fact checkers" entirely left out ANY mention of what was said regarding Benghazi! How did that happen? That was the first thing discussed in the debate!

link   

links to factcheckers

They BOTH lied .. Ryan and Biden. They BOTH dodged questions.
Washington Post Fact Checker
ABC Fact Check Slips During Joe Biden/Paul Ryan Night
CNN Fact Checking Benghazi Statements
CNN Fact Checking Iran and the Bomb
Chicago Tribune Fact Checking

There are tons more. BOTH of them played with the facts .... BOTH.
edit on 10/12/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

link   

Nope, it still isn’t true!!

CNN poll numbers released in the last hour show Mr. Ryan won, 47%-44%. And make no mistake, that 3% is going to matter.
link

Here's some that says otherwise.

Analysis: Ryan was solid, but feisty Biden won the debate

VP Debate Winner: Joe Biden Won, But the Big Loser is President Obama

Who won the vice presidential debate?

Immediate polls from CBS, NBC, and Xbox Live all reported that a majority of undecided voters believed Biden won, and the prediction markets ticked up a few points in President Barack Obama's favor in the hours after the confrontation.

Poll: Biden takes debate over Ryan, uncommitted voters say

Left wing polls??

Come on now! Should I post the FOX NEWS poll? I think they had Ryan at 93%!

I thought CNN was the most neutral?? Does that one sting?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What? I thought you absentee voted for Gary Johnson? If you cannot stand back and laugh at the ridiculousness of both of the two parties...you have lost the way. Neither of these loser parties deserve our attention or endorsement...and by singling one out...you are endorsing the other. Ryan looked like Eddie Munster getting sent to the principals office and Biden looked like everyone's drunk uncle.

Drop the endorsement. If you "really" are a Libertarian....why not point out the flaws on both participants...otherwise...you look like a republican in libertarian clothes....stop it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Nobody "won" that debate last nite it watched like ATS reads the majority of time.

People think they made some points, people think their guy won,and when it was over both left the same way they came in.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well guys, I just got up and moving, so I haven't been watching news all day. I'm afraid I haven't had my daily dose of being told on TV what I should think, feel and who I should accept won or lost last night. So..this is just my take by what I saw and a night to sleep on it.

First, I am baffled and amazed that Biden is being blamed so viciously for being an arrogant ass. Does ANYONE honestly BELIEVE we saw Biden last night? I think Biden's own personality and tendency at a debate was crushed like a roach a few days ago and at the start of his "5 day marathon debate prep". We saw the product of 5 days worth of intense, professional debate prep with prep people who are snarky, UBER lefty ass hats.

I believe 'ol Joe was TOLD....not asked....to ridicule and make light of Ryan in every little way he could...and that was Joe's following such instructions as best he knew. Umm...
Mission Accomplished? They damn sure didn't consider how it would appear on a split screen to the nation. I think SUBTLE was likely the attempt and it wound up being as subtle as a lead pipe. Scratch THAT idea next time, I'm sure.

Removing Biden's performance for an Emmy across the evening............ I think he did FAR better than I ever expected. His facts were fuzzy in places and outright wrong in others.....but so were Ryans on being a little Fuzzy. However, I didn't expect Joe to do anything close to THAT well. His public appearances in the past didn't suggest the record for being a good partner in a high stakes debate (Palin hardly gave him a challenge last time IMO)

Having given him a cookie for not being the bungling old man he's come off as before, I have a question. WHO IS THE PRESIDENT? Biden seemed to think HE was last night, as he was making policy statements that Obama HAS NOT made in such 100% absolute terms. I'll bet the chat between Biden and Obama was a lively one AFTER Obama gave him grats on a good performance.

Ryan.... Hmm...... I expected more. I shouldn't have.... He's young, dumb and full of..well...most know the end of that. lol..... He's a VP though, so expectations are never THAT high. Umm.. Quayle? Gore? Biden? Yeah... Expectations are never all THAT high. However, he does strike me as greener and more wet behind the ears than I was hoping for. He appeared to be reacting and in the position of catch up more often than I ever would have liked.

Outside of the appearance of learning the national level of things as he goes....(show me a VP that didn't, INCLUDING Biden and that has no good explanation at all, given his past job), I'd say he did okay...but 'just okay' is all I can give Paul Ryan. He NEEDED to hit the sucker out of the park and I think he simply gave us all a strong hit but nothing to change scores by any major degree.

I have no idea why Republicans are mad and Dems are partying. I didn't see a clear win either way last night and

Biden's commitments took all the fun out for me and others I've talked to anyway. If he meant to do some of that.....it's bad. If he didn't, it's a lot worse. Either way..... Someone HAS GOT TO tell Biden he is the SITTING Vice President and not just a lowly candidate. A STUPID remark from HIM carries the weight of United States Policy changes. A dumb comment from Ryan makes people groan and vote differently. Biden doesn't grasp THAT concept AT ALL from what I saw.

So..in the end.. I'd call a win for Biden but by the smallest of margins and really, damn near coin toss distinctions given the good and bad from each and how that showed itself. Personally...I don't want EITHER ONE of those men sitting 1 heartbeat from becoming the next President Truman.
HE made it work back then....These idiots would run us right off a cliff before either fully realized they'd done it.

Thankfully this WAS the V.P. and not the ticket leaders...... Damn... I'd be moving by the end of the year if these two were really the Presidential not VICE we had to face.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
I thought you absentee voted for Gary Johnson?

I did. About two weeks ago.

If you cannot stand back and laugh at the ridiculousness of both of the two parties...

I do laugh at them both. Well, more like I lament them both. But the O-bots are looking particularly silly this morning, mooning over Biden and all. So I'm having some fun with them. If you will take note, I've provided links showing that both Ryan and Biden lied. And about 40 pages ago or so .. right after the debate ended .. I came on and said it was pretty much tied but that I gave it a 60/40 in favor of Biden.

If you "really" are a Libertarian....

I'm not a libertarian. I'm independent.
I voted libertarian because both Romney and Obama are awful.

why not point out the flaws on both participants...

I have on many threads across this board. I have said over and over that there is no daylight between Obama and Romney (except on how they view Israel). However, this morning on these threads the misplaced adoration for Biden is so strong that it is just more fun exposing his flaws to those who worship him.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

For once we have to agree. Both sides had a point here and there, but when it was all said and done, it was a draw. Ryan looked like a kid and Biden looked like everyone's drunk uncle...if that is a win in someone's book....I guess let them fantasize....

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

People think they made some points, people think their guy won,and when it was over both left the same way they came in.

…which means republicans won. If everything stayed the same then Romney is still riding the victory from the first debate and Ryan didn’t hurt his momentum; I’ll take that!

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join