It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hey right wingers, remember how awful Romney's attitude and demeanor was in the 1rst presidential debate?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Paul Ryan’s 5 Biggest Lies of the First Half of the Vice Presidential Debate

Thanks for posting those. Do you have a link for Biden's lies?
The fact that we have any lies at all from either party do not bode well for this country. We are put in the uncomfortable position of choosing who lies less. That is truly sad.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Hey right wingers, remember how awful Romney's attitude and demeanor was in the 1rst presidential debate?

Romney's behavior was 10 times worse than Biden's (in my opinion), but of course they'll never even consider that side of it at all.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

I don’t know why some of you Kool Aid’ers are beating your chests after last night. CNN had Ryan winning.

CNN poll numbers released in the last hour show Mr. Ryan won, 47%-44%. And make no mistake, that 3% is going to matter.
Link

On top of that, Romney is closing the gap in swing states.

Romney Closes Gap With Obama in Polling in Five Swing States

A CBS News/New York Times/Quinnipiac University poll put Romney ahead in Colorado, 48 percent to 47 percent, a reversal of Obama’s one-point lead last month.

Romney was ahead in Virginia, 48 percent to 47 percent, in an NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist College survey, a reversal of Obama’s 49 percent to 44 percent lead last month.

The momentum is most certainly not in Obama’s favor, so the basis of your excitement is a complete mirage.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The lack of objectivity in this thread is very depressing. How is that some members can see all the flaws in the other candidate but fail to see or acknowledge any in their own?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That Joe Biden is a "heartbeat away" from being the most powerful man in the world should concern everyone. I don't think I've ever seen a man of his age behave as he did during that debate. I find nothing funny about so many people being out of work. I certainly don't smile when I fill up my gas tank or see what basics like milk and bread cost me. That young Americans are dying for a cause that's really hard to define - there's no place for guffaws when discussing such topics.

I think the moment that really led me to question this man's character is when he used the death of his wife and child for political purposes (for the billionth time) and 15 seconds later he's laughing his butt off.

Sorry, I don't buy into the "that's just Joe" argument. If so Joe us a buffoon. It's embarrassing that this man is second in command.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Only reason republicans are mad is because biden didnt roll over like Obama did. The media did a good job of painting biden as "stupid" so you were all excited to see a democrat get beat up on live TV. Oops! Biden being stupid was another lie foxnews told you.

So instead of trying to disagree with the political issues he talked about last night, you want to focus on his smiling. Thats how you know you are in a bind, you have no legitimate arguement.

edit on 12-10-2012 by theconspirator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
Only reason republicans are mad is because biden didnt roll over like Obama did. The media did a good job of painting biden as "stupid" so you were all excited to see a democrat get beat up on live TV. Oops! Biden being stupid was another lie foxnews told you.

So instead of trying to disagree with the political issues he talked about last night, you want to focus on his smiling. Thats how you know you are in a bind, you have no legitimate arguement.

edit on 12-10-2012 by theconspirator because: (no reason given)

It was such a common picture painted of him, that I don't even watch faux news and that was what I thought about him before the debate too. I do have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the good job he did and the command he had of the information he was giving. It has changed my personal opinion on him quite a bit.

You are very correct, they hate that their guy lost and hate it even more than he lost to a guy they tried to paint as "stupid". It has added insult to injury and they HATE it!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum
That Joe Biden is a "heartbeat away" from being the most powerful man in the world should concern everyone. I don't think I've ever seen a man of his age behave as he did during that debate. I find nothing funny about so many people being out of work. I certainly don't smile when I fill up my gas tank or see what basics like milk and bread cost me. That young Americans are dying for a cause that's really hard to define - there's no place for guffaws when discussing such topics.

I think the moment that really led me to question this man's character is when he used the death of his wife and child for political purposes (for the billionth time) and 15 seconds later he's laughing his butt off.

Sorry, I don't buy into the "that's just Joe" argument. If so Joe us a buffoon. It's embarrassing that this man is second in command.

To be fair, Joe wasn't smiling because he thought it was funny that people were out of work or because the price of fuel has gone way up under Obama. He was smiling to create the illusion that Ryan was full of "Malarkey" as he put it.
That is why I like reading the transcripts. It cuts out all the acting and nonsense that invariably comes with a debate like this.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
The lack of objectivity in this thread is very depressing. How is that some members can see all the flaws in the other candidate but fail to see or acknowledge any in their own?

I actually have a thread going that addresses that to some extent

They are continuing to prove the point that I made in the original post of that thread

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

You are very correct, they hate that their guy lost and hate it even more than he lost to a guy they tried to paint as "stupid". It has added insult to injury and they HATE it!

You can keep repeating it but that won’t make it come true!

Whatever makes you feel better!

CNN poll numbers released in the last hour show Mr. Ryan won, 47%-44%. And make no mistake, that 3% is going to matter.
link

This is your Hero??

edit on 12-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

You can keep repeating it but that won’t make it come true!

Whatever makes you feel better!

link

This is your Hero??

edit on 12-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

The story you are quoting doesn't give a time stamp, it gives a link to THIS Story that was time stamped 10:54 last night, not this morning, hence your stats are not accurate. How many times do we really have to go through this same thing before it sinks in to you guys???

Looks like he's getting some good action there, Go JOE!!

..the guy on the left sayin "dude, he's feelin up your woman", the guy on the right saying "dude, it's the VP of the United States, there's nothin I can do about it"

edit on 12-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
According to CNN (watching now) this debate was a clear win for Ryan by more than one marker. They just posted that while both candidates go up in approval after the debate Biden's gain is a net 2 points while Ryan's gain is a net 5 points. They are declaring this a win for Ryan.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

So, why didn't this article actually use Ryan quotes when making their statements? Could it be because they are twisting the meaning of the quotes?

Here's one example from your link...

3). Ryan said a Medicare board appointed by Obama will be making healthcare decisions for seniors.

Here's what Ryan actually said...

RYAN: And then they put this new Obamacare board in charge of cutting Medicare each and every year in ways that will lead to denied care for current seniors.

I mean, seriously, when you cut 30% of the provider's payments through Medicare for certain procedures, of course it's going to affect whether or not that provider is going to perform those procedures or not. Those procedures will be "denied" just like Ryan said.

Who does this fact checker think they're kidding?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Watching faux news and they're saying that Biden beat Ryan by over 130%! They say it's a clear win for Biden and Ryan is at his mothers crying in his room!!

....see how easy it is to make claims about what you may or may not be watching on tv?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Turn your TV on and watch for yourself. You clearly made that up while I actually saw, and posted about what I saw. I have no reason to make anything up. You need to grow up and stop acting like a school yard bully who is angry because he lost a fight.

This is CNN I am watching not Fox.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Turn your TV on and watch for yourself. You clearly made that up while I actually saw, and posted about what I saw. I have no reason to make anything up. You need to grow up and stop acting like a school yard bully who is angry because he lost a fight.

This is CNN I am watching not Fox.

Nope, nope, nope, I'm the schoolyard bully that WON the fight!!!

....or at least that's the role I'm playing to make the point I'm trying to make on another thread about the debate

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The story you are quoting doesn't give a time stamp, it gives a link to THIS Story that was time stamped 10:54 last night, not this morning, hence your stats are not accurate. How many times do we really have to go through this same thing before it sinks in to you guys???

Grasp at straws much? The CNN poll is the same today – Ryan won!

Looks like he's getting some good action there, Go JOE!!
..the guy on the left sayin "dude, he's feelin up your woman", the guy on the right saying "dude, it's the VP of the United States, there's nothin I can do about it"

That is probably how the conversation went, too!

Look, Joe put on a show, there is no doubt. I thought he was rude, condescending and unprofessional….but that’s Joe. He did much better than Obama in his debate but his overzealous performance (that you seem to like) has actually turned a lot of people off this morning. If you think he won, more power to you. As long as Romney keeps pulling ahead in the swing states I’m happy!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I flipped between FOX, MSNBC and CNN. FOX is having fun getting everyone's opinon on Bidens awful behavior. MSNBC is all in la-la land pretending Biden won when in fact it was pretty tied up. CNN is doing some fact checking. Doing pretty well as a matter of fact. This is what they just said -

Another Biden lie told last night (one of many) ... He claimed that Romney wanted to 'let Detroit go bankrupt'. The TRUTH is that Romney called for a controlled bankruptcy process for Detroit so the industry could restructure and come back. Obama agreed with the Romney plan and even implemented it. It worked. Obama and Romney had the same plan for Detroit. Biden lied.

So did Ryan not lie at all last night?

You seem very concerned about only talking about Biden, hmmm, wonder why?

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join