It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Keep telling yourself that. It doesn't make it true. By all means say lalalalaala while your fingers are in your ears. Deny ignorance and all that as well...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Here's another "supposed" Paul Ryan lie from your article:

4). Ryan said Obamacare takes $716 billion out of Medicare for seniors, and turns Medicare into a piggy bank for Obamacare.

The Truth: According to FactCheck.org, “Republicans claim the president’s $716 billion “cuts” to Medicare hurt the program’s finances. But the opposite is true. These cuts in the future growth of spending prolong the life of the Medicare trust fund, stretching the program’s finances out longer than they would last otherwise…It’s true that experts, including Medicare’s chief actuary, doubt that some of those spending cuts will actually be implemented. But if they are, Medicare would spend less each year than it had been expected to otherwise, allowing Medicare to stretch further the income it receives from payroll taxes and premiums.”

Once again, the "fact checker" isn't even responding to what Paul Ryan was talking about. Here's what Ryan meant. He even clarified it later in the debate...

Look what -- look what Obamacare does. Obamacare takes $716 billion from Medicare to spend on Obamacare. Even their own chief actuary at Medicare backs this up. He says you can't spend the same dollar twice. You can't claim that this money goes to Medicare and Obamacare.

abcnews.go.com...-AC4Q

Not only that, but Obamacare is set to EXPAND Medicaid in a big way! So, in reality, Obama's not saving money. He may think he's saving Medicare for a few more years, but all he's doing is setting up Medicaid to expand and explode instead.

edit on 12-10-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
As an independent, I didn't find Biden's tactics, grin, or smug attitude cute at all... If anything, it was very disrespectful, how he kept calling Paul Ryan "my friend" in a very condescending way... Ryan was a little too tight during the debate, but Biden was WAY TOO loose... Not sure why Democrats are pleased with the VP handling himself in that way on national tv. I was embarrassed watching it, I was just waiting for his to call Ryan "slugger" or something similar to that...

I just don't know how the democratic ticket can argue that the country is better off today, then it was 4 years ago... And please people, dont give me that malarkey about the auto industry or any crap like that.... Our economy is BROKEN and Obama/Biden have not offered any solution to fixing it...

Side note- That moderator cut off Ryan a sh*t load last night... I think it's obvious which side Martha was voting for... Did anyone else notice that?
edit on 12-10-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Side note- That moderator cut off Ryan a sh*t load last night... I think it's obvious which side Martha was voting for... Did anyone else notice that?

I not only noticed it, I predicted it and got flamed for doing so.

She’s been a friend of Obama’s for years and Obama appointed her husband to head the FCC.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
And did it bother anyone else when Biden kept saying "well, will I at least have time to respond" or "don't take 4 minutes this time".... Joe Biden, you WERE LEADING THE CLOCK THE WHOLE TIME, usually up by 2-3 minutes...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I watched the debate. From a neutral standpoint....I'm sorry....it was more or less a draw. However...Ryan looked like a scolded little brat child and Biden reminded me of one of my crazy uncles....Biden Wins!

I said about 20 pages back that I had no dog in this show. Some of you might ought to consider "other" options than the two party paradigm...

If you are a Democrat concerned about social issues...allow me to introduce you to the Libertarian party (see my signature for party platform website)

If you are a republican concerned about fiscal responsibility...allow me to introduce you to the Libertarian party (see my signature for party platform website)

edit on 10/12/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by jhn7537

I not only noticed it, I predicted it and got flamed for doing so.

She’s been a friend of Obama’s for years and Obama appointed her husband to head the FCC.

They NEED to get impartial moderators for these debates, its not fair to US voters out there, especially US independents.... Martha didn't hide it one bit, it was horrible, watching 2 on 1 on a national stage isnt fun to watch... Martha was having a debate with Ryan at a few points throughout the night.. I give her an F for performance...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Oh whaaa...the moderator cut Ryan off...maybe that is why he looked like he was going to cry like the little spoiled brat he is.

Perhaps it was payback for Lehrer letting Romney run roughshod?...sucks doesn't it.

I really don't care...but please...both sides continue trying to scratch out a win...it's hysterical to watch and read.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

They NEED to get impartial moderators for these debates, its not fair to US voters out there, especially US independents.... Martha didn't hide it one bit, it was horrible, watching 2 on 1 on a national stage isnt fun to watch... Martha was having a debate with Ryan at a few points throughout the night.. I give her an F for performance...

Gotta step out of the character I've been tying to display this morning to make an actual comment.

It's very difficult to get an impartial moderator due to the polarized nature of the country today. Almost anyone involved in government or broadcasting has a political affiliation. My guess is that they agreed on the moderators and did some "give and take" to try to get the moderator who would be most beneficial to them at the points in time they thought they would need it the most.
Impartial just isn't something that can be obtained at this point in our history.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Yeah, like I really believe this post. Nothing like "pretend to be an undecided voter who was won over because of Bidens demeanor" style of propaganda. I mean maybe if Romney didn't behave like a jerk the 1rst debate then you'd have a case.... Can we say biased?

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Part of their hypocrisy, it's ok when their side does it, but if the other side does it, cry foul

I already said earlier in the thread I didn't like Romney's behavior either and it's the post-debate behavior that changed my mind. It's ignoring people like me that is doing no good here - "you" are playing to lose (the party elders party-line behavior, not -you- you).

You can insist all you want but it's missing the point - a bit of delivery work would have made a lot of difference when the signal to noise ratio was so bad (as Purple already agreed with).

Alternatively have you found people who you actually think were undecided say that Biden's delivery left them with more confidence, appreciation, and like for the Obama/Biden ticket? Why do you believe them?

Anyone can say 'your bias is showing' to justify not acknowledging something they didn't like. (Irony not lost.) -Mags

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So after watching the debate I have to say Joe Biden won it hands down. It was like Paul Ryan wasn't there. Joe biden was not "mean" to Paul Ryan he debated him, something Obama didn't do to mitt Romney. You know I find it funny, when Mitt was agressive with Obama it was great to the republicans but when Biden was agressive to Paul he was being mean

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I disagree with the moderator comments - I think she did a good job and only twice really hindered responses. Once with Ryan on the $5T and once w/ Biden on the Libya situation. I don't think she gave either side more of a slide and I think she got annoyed with both sides a few times and responded pretty much exactly the way they dealt with her.

Of the three people at the table the only person I was reasonably impressed with was her. -Mags

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
So instead of trying to disagree with the political issues he talked about last night, you want to focus on his smiling.

He was doing more than just 'smiling' ... if you can't see that then you need glasses.
And as for the political issues .. the fact checkers are shredding Joes lies as we speak.
I've posted a few of them here. Try reading them.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Maybe you didn't notice that there were time limits for their answers. Something that Ryan flat out ignored. Face it the GOP's wunderkind turned out to be a wunderwimp who got his butt handed to him.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Face it the GOP's wunderkind turned out to be a wunderwimp who got his butt handed to him.

Nope, it still isn’t true!!

CNN poll numbers released in the last hour show Mr. Ryan won, 47%-44%. And make no mistake, that 3% is going to matter.
link

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Coming from two "Sheldons", it HAS to be right!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
So did Ryan not lie at all last night?

The far left o-bots keep claiming Biden did some wonderful thing.
Therefore, I post counter points to that. Get over it.

You seem very concerned about only talking about Biden, hmmm, wonder why?

Your continued attempts to try to make me into some kind of Romney fan are pathetic.

POOR DEFLECTION ON YOUR PART.

Posting the information from CNN AGAIN .. just because it bugs the O-bots so much ....

Another Biden LIE ... . Biden lied and said that Romney wanted to 'let Detroit go bankrupt'. The TRUTH is that Romney wanted to have a 'controlled bankruptcy' so that restructuring could take place. Obama agreed with the plan and even implemented it. The plan worked.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The far left o-bots keep claiming Biden did some wonderful thing.

He DID!! He was portrayed as "stupid" and easy to beat. He came out swinging and put Ryan down. He DID do a wonderful thing!

You have to look at the "big picture" sometimes.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by theconspirator
So instead of trying to disagree with the political issues he talked about last night, you want to focus on his smiling.

He was doing more than just 'smiling' ... if you can't see that then you need glasses.
And as for the political issues .. the fact checkers are shredding Joes lies as we speak.
I've posted a few of them here. Try reading them.

Please repost your link to the fact checkers. Because according to PolitiFact it obvious how Ryan got the nickname lyan Ryan.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Double

edit on 12-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join