It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Catholic Bishops Issues Statement Slamming Biden For Lying About HHS Mandate During Debate…

www.usccb.org...

"With regard to the assault on the Catholic Church, let me make it absolutely clear. No religious institution—Catholic or otherwise, including Catholic social services, Georgetown hospital, Mercy hospital, any hospital—none has to either refer contraception, none has to pay for contraception, none has to be a vehicle to get contraception in any insurance policy they provide. That is a fact. That is a fact."

From personal experience when I hear a politician say: "let me make it absolutely clear.", a whopper will follow.

Church's response (in part):

This is not a fact. The HHS mandate contains a narrow, four-part exemption for certain "religious employers." That exemption was made final in February and does not extend to "Catholic social services, Georgetown hospital, Mercy hospital, any hospital," or any other religious charity that offers its services to all, regardless of the faith of those served.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The thing that kills me about birth control is this...

People rail and whine about abortion...but contraception is the answer to that. If you don't get pregnant to start with...you don't kill babies. I would think the "religious" institutions would have a grasp on that...guess they are still so dead against sex for anything but pro-creation....you know...missionary style only....that they cannot see the forest for the trees.

BUT....every "man" has a hand in this as well. You can go to the health department and get handfuls of condoms for free....that's right...free. The local one has baskets of them right inside the door. You dn't even have to talk to anyone. Just walk in and grab and leave. SO...making this a church problem or a woman's problem is not right. We "men" could do our part. It takes less than 3 minutes to stop at our local health department and stock up on condoms....pretty slacker on the guy's part if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Biden said he voted against Afghanistan and Iraq because we couldn't afford either. He told four lies in eleven words. That's gotta be a record!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Hey right wingers, remember how awful Romney's attitude and demeanor was in the 1rst presidential debate?

The Kool Aid has done a number on you. I have become bored with your fuzzy math and d- minus logic. Please go haunt a house...
edit on 12-10-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

$6,100,000,000,000 added to the national debt - cracks Joe up.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
New buzz word popping up...
Bidened... it's referring to calling out a liar.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The reaction of FOX news is just hilarious.

"He should not be channeling Dr. Evil"

"I got two little boys, and if either of them acted towards another human being, the way Biden acted towards Paul Ryan, I'd take away video games for a month"

So many hilarious lines. I hope The Daily show and Colbert tackles this.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Oh dear

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Here's another example of the infighting and deflecting.....

The White House on Friday said Vice President Biden was speaking for himself and President Obama when he said the administration was unaware of additional requests for security in Libya.

“He was speaking directly for himself and for the president,” White House spokesman Jay Carney said at his daily briefing.

The explanation came after Biden made waves during his debate with GOP vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan by indicating the administration was unaware of requests by State Department officials for additional security in Libya.

Oh, so the Obama White House isn’t part of the Obama Administration? And “The White House” is an organization distinct from B. Hussein Obama and J. Biden? They’re just a couple of guys the “White House” occasionally meets for drinks after work? You learn the most amazing things listening to Jay Carney.......

Biden and Obama aren’t part of the White House, which is not part of the Obama Administration

UN-BE-leivable !!!

Does anyone else think Obama is feeling a little bit weak in the knees today ?

How 'bout a little dizzy too !!

Get ready for "Romney Two-terms !!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Joe Biden: “Under Law Planned Parenthood Can’t Perform Abortions”
www.buzzfeed.com...

Today Biden claims Planned Parenthood under law cannot provide abortions. (video)
Liar, idiot or both?

Where's his fan club today?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
He wasn't just smiling, he was rude, condescending, obnoxious, annoying and laughing about everything this country is currently experiencing.
What the hell is so funny about 23 million unemployed people, the economy, the Benghazi attack.

You must have been watching a completely different channel. Maybe in a parallel Universe.

Biden was laughing at the kid who was way out of his league at this debate and was trying to make up for that by heaping one bunch of falsehood onto another. Biden was almost crying when it came to the real issues and how his own mother would have been written off by Romney as the 47 trash %.

He was an angry, old, balding white guy who at times even directed his anger at the female moderator

Wait, was he cracking jokes and laughing all the way to the bank, or was he angry? You seem to have lost the grip there and are just writing nonsense.

As to balding and old... Now that's ageism and discriminatory. Derp. Biden certainly seemed a lot smarter than you appear to be, I don't care if his scalp is not fully covered by hair. Neither is mine. Do you have a fetish with lots of hair?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
The reaction of FOX news is just hilarious.
"He should not be channeling Dr. Evil"
"I got two little boys, and if either of them acted towards another human being, the way Biden acted towards Paul

Dark souls and handicapped minds.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Oh dear

OK, that's pretty good!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Good summary of the debate:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Maybe we should round up the extreme left and right wings of this two pony show and exterminate them

Do I have to tell you what that sounds like?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Today Joe Biden said Planned Parenthood (the nation's largest abortion provider) cannot legally perform abortions.
You can support someone who doesn't even know that? Not really in touch with women's issues.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by HostileApostle

The moderator tried really hard to get specifics out of Ryan, he flat out refused.

To add, that was an unfair and loaded set of questions to Ryan.

Ryan and Romney say there are going to do things, but the refuse to provide details.

So you are saying that Obama and Biden are not saying they are going to do things too...I agree they are not saying a single thing. Ryan was not going to try an explain their economic platform in 1 minute or less...that is stupid to even try.

You suggest they have no platform...I suggest go to their website and read...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

Ryan is a liar and showed Biden and America zero respect.

Come on dude... really?

You want to go into Biden's lies? lol Biden interrupted Ryan 80 plus times...I would love to hear how he disrespected the vice in the debate and ...America.

He is the Chair of the House Budget Committee, really? No respect?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
Don't care for Biden or Ryan. They both acted like immature goofballs at a high school debate.

Can you explain to me how Ryan acted like that? He sat there politely and let Biden finish, he answered the questions put to him as Biden smirked, grunted, laughed and interrupted him 80 plus times. At one point he asked Biden to not interrupt to hopefully provide a quality debate to the American people.

Please explain to me how he acted as you say...lol did you even watch the debate?

edit on 12-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join