It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Reuter's Poll has Biden winning the debate !
www.reuters.com...
I thought Biden did great myself and do think that he has more experience in dealing with pressure situations then Ryan could ever hope for by a long shot. Decades more actually, and a proven and very upstanding track record.

Plus, Biden is smart enough and mature enough to realize that as a person who believes in free agency of ones own life. That any religion has NO right to dictate to a women what she does with her own body, especially if a woman has no interest in that particular religion.. It is a crime of enslavement against a women's own will to dictate otherwise.

I thought Biden was mature in is understanding that women have the right to their own bodies. And Biden is a practicing catholic.

Actually, I think Biden is one of the best political speakers I've ever heard in my lifetime and I have heard a lot of them! Plus, as i've stated before, in an age of terrorism. you can't have a person that the terrorist will take advantage of. Ryan and Romney, I think terrorist would have a field day with because they have not been in the white house dealing with the real deal upfront, close and personal.

Obama and Biden have been there done that and I think they are doing it well. Especially, when they had to deal with the overspending that Bush Jr. made going into and during the iraq and afgan wars that we should not have gone into in the first place. . And Obama and Biden having to deal with the ruins of the residue of that terrible republican system, trying to tend to the hemorrhaging of what that system left them.

Obama & Biden indeed have their hands, because they can't get a drop of money from the 1%. If that isn't like a giant bully with his arms stretched out putting his big thug-arm on the child's head and laughing as the little kid tries to protect himself I don't know what is.

Then Ryan has the audacity to say taxes wouldn't help taking it from the rich. That is the biggest lie that has ever been spoken of in the history of the world next to Hitler's regime.
The wealth that has been accumulated by the 1% is in the trillions and trillions of dollars. The money that goes into the foreign banks from over a 100 years ago gets accumulated and compounds untold interests. Republicans don't have a clue how much it is. Trillions are hidden away so deeply you couldn't even get Sherlock Homes to find it, even if he worked over time for 2000 years.

That is what is so SAD about america!

Go Obama & Biden God Bless You to the highest heavens!

I think Biden is a godsend to have as co-leader with Obama. And I can understand why Obama feels so fortunate.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

As I read all your posts I really hope you are just trolling. If not I really hope Obama wins JUST for you.... I'm bulletproof with either as President...are you?

Can you handle another inflated four years just like the last four years? I can...

Can you handle to not have a job, OR only get some low pay job well below what your skills are just to make ends meet...that end up not meeting.. I don't need to worry about that either...

Enjoy all that he may bring you...lol

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
This thread provides little hope that we will ever resolve our differences in this country and work together for our common interests.

Sad. So very sad.

I disagree with you greatly...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

How did that "Kid" do here..............
More than 2 years ago.

Ryan literally singes Obama and Biden

The two "geniuses" look real bored

I wonder what their thoughts were as they "listened" ?

(YouTube Caption and transcript)

Uploaded by AmericanRoadmap on Feb 25, 2010

"I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits -- either now or in the future."
(Remarks by President Obama to a Joint Session of Congress, September 9, 2009)

This afternoon Budget Committee Ranking Member Ryan walked through why the bill put forward by Democrats FAILS the President's deficit test.
--

The Majority Leader said the bill scores as reducing deficit by $131 billion over the next 10 years.

First a little bit about CBO: I work with them every single day; very good people; great professionals. They do their jobs well. But their job is to score what is placed in front of them. And what has been placed in front of them is a bill that is fill of gimmicks and smoke and mirrors.

Now what do I mean when I say that?

First off, the bill has ten years of tax increases and ten years of Medicare cuts to pay for six years of spending. The true ten year cost when subsidies kick-in? $2.3 trillion.

The bill is full of gimmicks that more than erase the false claim of deficit reduction:

- $52 billion of savings is claimed by counting increased Social Security payroll revenues. These dollars are already claimed for future Social Security beneficiaries, and claiming to offset the cost of this bill either means were double-counting or were not going to pay Social Security benefits.

- $72 billion in savings is claimed from the CLASS Act long-term care insurance. These so-called savings are not offsets, but rather premiums collected to pay for future benefits. Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad has called these savings, A ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.

Additionally, the nearly half-trillion dollars in Medicare cuts cannot be counted twice. Medicare is in dire need of reform in order to make certain that we can ensure health security for future seniors.

Using Medicare as a piggy bank, it raids a half trillion dollars from retirees health coverage to fund the creation of another open-ended health care entitlement.

The Presidents chief Medicare actuary says up to 20% of Medicare providers may go bankrupt or stop taking Medicare beneficiaries as a result. Millions of seniors who have chosen Medicare Advantage will lose the coverage they now enjoy.

Objections to the policy aside, you cannot use these savings twice to both extend the life of Medicare and to pay for other spending. The half-trillion dollars in Medicare cuts are either to extend the programs solvency or to reduce the cost of this deficit but not both as its authors claim.

When you strip away the double-counting of Medicare cuts, the so-called savings from Social Security payroll taxes and the CLASS Act, the deficit increases by $460 billion over first ten years and $1.4 trillion over second ten years.

Finally, one of the most expensive and most cynical of the gimmicks applies to Medicare physician payments, the so-called Doc Fix.

By your own estimate, the Doc Fix adds an additional $371 billion to the cost of health care reform. With the price tag beyond what most Americans could handle, the Majority decided to simply remove this costly provision and deal with it in a stand-alone bill.

Ignoring this additional cost does not remove it from the backs of taxpayers. Hiding spending doesnt reduce spending.

Paul Ryan: Hiding Spending Doesn't Reduce Spending

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Hey right wingers, remember how awful Romney's attitude and demeanor was in the 1rst presidential debate?

Remember how bad these last four years were...I guess not.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by HostileApostle

The moderator tried really hard to get specifics out of Ryan, he flat out refused.

To add, that was an unfair and loaded set of questions to Ryan.

Ryan and Romney say there are going to do things, but the refuse to provide details.

So you are saying that Obama and Biden are not saying they are going to do things too...I agree they are not saying a single thing. Ryan was not going to try an explain their economic platform in 1 minute or less...that is stupid to even try.

You suggest they have no platform...I suggest go to their website and read...

No, I am suggesting that they hide the truth of their agenda by constantly saying we will see what it is when they are in power.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y

"I got two little boys, and if either of them acted towards another human being, the way Biden acted towards Paul Ryan, I'd take away video games for a month"

Pffffttttt!

It's so ridiculous. You know if Romney acted that way toward Obama - - - the right would be eating it up.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by MrXYZ

Today Joe Biden said Planned Parenthood (the nation's largest abortion provider) cannot legally perform abortions.
You can support someone who doesn't even know that? Not really in touch with women's issues.

Yes...and he obviously meant it in terms of federal funding

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I actually have a thread going that addresses that to some extent

They are continuing to prove the point that I made in the original post of that thread

We all know that Biden can debate...it also seems he has learned that he can say anything he wants to and get away with it. He doesn't care about "fact checkers" 90% of the country will not check. He doesn't care if what he says is reality...he just looks you straight in the eye and says it very forcefully and people just believe on that alone.

He made a big deal over Ryan voting for the war...SO DID HE!!

He says Iran doesn't have a container for their soon to be had nukes.. (notice how he didn't suggest they will not get nukes, just no containers) Lol get real

How about a boat as a container...airplane, mule, truck...does it need to be a 1200 range missile...NOPE, but he looked you square in the eye and you feel safe now...

You might like how he operates...I don't..he even lied about his college degrees and where he placed in his class... An official did that in another country and got 14 months in prison...keep believing him.

The big difference here is everything you all say that is wrong with Romney/Ryan is purely speculative, and everything wrong about Obama/Biden is factual since we lived through it these last four years.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65

Perhaps it was payback for Lehrer letting Romney run roughshod?...sucks doesn't it.

If Lehrere gave Obama more time what would we have heard more than a few hundred more uhhhhhs...

edit on 12-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Scramble-scramble-scramble.....both parties won and lost....

How does that feel anyway? They are so afraid of my guy they won't let him or his VP on the same stage with these losers....doesn't that worry you?...just a little? If my guy's ideas are so threatening to the status quo....aren't you a tadbit curious?....you should be.....

It's all for naught. The repubs can reach into their drawers and stroke away...they have lost...there will not be a repub pres in 2013....if you are betting the farm on the "other" outcome....you are going to be a huge loser....but wait...being a conservative...you should be used to being a loser....no one cares for your opinion anymore...get used to it.

Dem's....people are going to wake up to the fact you are nothing but how air and circus twists....I know too many people that were out of work...now they have crappy part time jobs....no bene's no overtime....yeah that's a huge win Sir Fail.....

The only way to win is to force balance the playing field...wanna import #?...150% tariff...don't like that?...import it somewhere else...we don't f'ing need your junk.

I am all for gigantic tariff...if you are not..better check your birth certificate...if you don't want salve nations to pay up...you are not an American....

But please...go ahead...feel free to endorse human servitude....so we can have it on record when we bring you and your kin to trial for crimes against the republic and crimes against humanity. We will make you pay for the prosperity you stole from us...you thought you were standing on the necks of fools...no..we were just letting you rise to a point from which there was no escape....your ass is doomed....long live free markets...down with cronyism.
edit on 10/12/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/12/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Paul Ryan’s 5 Biggest Lies of the First Half of the Vice Presidential Debate

Somebody needs to analyze the lies and compare both candidates.

Like which lies had more punch, substance, and impact on voters.

Fact Check: Top Ten Worst Lies by Joe Biden in VP Debate

LIVE Fact Check: The Joe Biden Lie Detector

I say Biden and Obama are more vulnerable because their lies usually involve real events.

Like the recent Libya / Middle East-Asia Embassy protests and attacks.

Other lies about the economy have a big impact too.

I think Biden used all the standard Liberal / Left Wing debate tactics.....

It may have backfired this time IMO.

That is what I find kind of frustrating....Ryan lies because people do not believe their playform for recovery....WOW!!!

Biden lies about real world events...I mean REAL lies....come on guys even if you are going to party vote can you even for once suggest Biden doesn't tell the truth when the FACTS say he isn't.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The thing that kills me about birth control is this...

People rail and whine about abortion...but contraception is the answer to that. If you don't get pregnant to start with...you don't kill babies. I would think the "religious" institutions would have a grasp on that...guess they are still so dead against sex for anything but pro-creation....you know...missionary style only....that they cannot see the forest for the trees.

You know sex is a behavior...one of choice...I have that behavior too and many other ones...off the top of my head one of my behaviors is to drink 18 year old scotch and I think American tax dollar should pay for it too.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
I have to agree. The most important thing to these scum is winning at all costs. How can they swear an oath when they can later parse their words and debate what the definition of "is" is. It would indeed be meaningless.

Biden said we will be out of Afghanistan 100% by 2014 about 10 times, so I guess it is fact now, but what does he care, he should have said by December 2012...for as little it matters since it is AFTER the election..

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

No, I am suggesting that they hide the truth of their agenda by constantly saying we will see what it is when they are in power.

You being a diehard democrat I guess you have not researched it much pass talking points, I understand, but just what is the speculation on their REAL agenda? I really don't need to speculate with Obama though...it is all factual and REAL...well since we have just lived his failures these last four years.

I'm not even sure WHAT their platform is now...it was a very abstract "hope and change" what is it now? Have you notice they so busy to blame everyone else on EVERYTHING that they really do not have a platform this time!! They even blame "headwinds" LOL dude...I can see that maybe you dislike Romney, but how can you have a total blind eye to Obama and be so critical on Romney?

As much as Bush sucked...he got a Recession too at the start of his Presidency, we don't talk about it too much because it was gone in 8 months...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The thing that kills me about birth control is this...

People rail and whine about abortion...but contraception is the answer to that. If you don't get pregnant to start with...you don't kill babies. I would think the "religious" institutions would have a grasp on that...guess they are still so dead against sex for anything but pro-creation....you know...missionary style only....that they cannot see the forest for the trees.

You know sex is a behavior...one of choice...I have that behavior too and many other ones...off the top of my head one of my behaviors is to drink 18 year old scotch and I think American tax dollar should pay for it too.

So you would rather pay for all medical costs of a welfare-mom along with the 18 years of the welfare-child out of tax money than pay for a $400 or so abortion out of the same tax payer money? In a lot of cases that woman will learn from the abortion experience which is a terrible experience for any woman and will have a child when she can really afford one in a stable relationship.

The same $400 or less per year in contraceptives for 5-10 years is well worth it to subsidizing both mom and child if contraception or abortion are denied.
edit on 12-10-2012 by DarkSecret because: clarify

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Just thought I would drop by and say hello,

Hello.
youtu.be...

Of course we all know Biden is the intellect of the Democratic Party… Just kind of a grin with a body behind it.”

And people thought Eastwood was just a doddering old fool,
ha

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret
So you would rather pay for all medical costs of a welfare-mom along with the 18 years of the welfare-child out of tax money than pay for a $400 or so abortion out of the same tax payer money? In a lot of cases that woman will learn from the abortion experience which is a terrible experience for any woman and will have a child when she can really afford one in a stable relationship.

No I want my Scotch too... If you don't buy my scotch with tax dollars I will drive drunk to the store and kill someone along the way...see what happens if you do not buy my scotch? I will learn from it though.....

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret

No I want my Scotch too... If you don't buy my scotch I will drive drunk to the store is kill someone along the way...see what happens if you do not buy my scotch? I will learn from it though.....

as long as a fetus is not able to live outside the mom's body it's not a viable human being and thus not murder.

but suit yourself, if all abortion/contraception is restricted especially from low-income women then we'll get generations of young moms who will eventually outnumber conservatives and vote for their own giveaway programs... it's coming, sooner or later and I'm betting on sooner.

also if you make personhood for fetuses then all those mexican illegals who become pregnant will go to the ER and get an ultrasound in their first couple of pregnancy months and then they will go apply for welfare because the babies are US citizens and as such the moms need welfare to care for the US citizens. and they can't be deported either because well... that means deporting an unborn US citizen.

good luck with that, keep wishing for personhood and abortion/contraception bans!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Joe Biden is not a practising Catholic. A Bishop said he should not be receiving Communion. You can not be a practising Catholic and vote Pro-Choice. Same goes with Nancy Pelosi.

People that pick and choose what teachings they wish to follow are referred to as cafeteria Catholics.

edit on 10/12/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join