It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 key points of evidence that point to a conspiracy in the Batman/Colorado shooting

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority of the population will accept anything and everything that our Government officials and the mainstream media will throw at them. It's the easiest way to absorb information, particularly when horrific events take place, since critical thinking is not required. They eat it up like candy, no matter how illogical the reports may seem, and will immediately dismiss any conspiracy theories as ludicrous and crazy. Until recently, I would get furious with others, anytime anyone accused me of being "crazy" or "paranoid", simply because I refuse to take what I hear in the news at face value. Most people will agree that denial is one of the first stages of grief, and our Government heavily relies upon this natural human behavior to continue to operate under the radar. It's only later, after the smoke clears, that people will often begin to have a more logical perspective. That being said, I think more and more people are beginning to catch on to this pattern in the media, and people are now beginning to understand that much of what you see around you, isn't what it appears to be. This isn't paranoia, it's merely fact, and can be proven with evidence. Conspiracy theories are most prevalent among people who don't trust the media nor the Government. There are many nutty people out there that give independent, rational thinking a bad name. While it's difficult to really find any rationality within a tragedy like this, there does seem to be a few interesting discrepancies from media reports, which continue to feed the conspiracy. Sometimes very bad things happen and there is no rational explanation for it. However, it is very important not to confuse emotion with logic and facts in cases such as the recent tragedy. The serious issues arise when the released "facts" related to the crime and the perpetrator don’t seemingly add up, therefore, serious questions must be asked and truthful answers must be demanded. We can't always prevent terrible things from happening, but we CAN ask rational, logical questions and we certainly have a right to seek answers.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
They need to look at all the info coming in. LIKE he was given $26,000 dollars for schooling /used to buy Guns. He wrote to a doctor days before which were never read. Just maybe he went over the deep end . Maybe no one else is involved. It you want real conspiracies check out who killed Jonh Lennon.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Here's one other slightly fishy aspect of this whole thing.

Let's assume he somehow got the money or bought these things on credit or something. Assume that wasn't a problem at all.

He doesn't seem like the type who has a background that would make him familiar with guns. Unless it says anywhere in the media that he was knowledgeable about guns or had been taught about them, I would assume that he wasn't.

So just getting the right ammo for the right gun would be a chore for someone who isn't even into guns, I would think. He had like three different guns and had to pick the right ammo for each one online. I'm not saying it's impossible. Maybe it's easy. I don't know.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

He doesn't seem like the type who has a background that would make him familiar with guns. Unless it says anywhere in the media that he was knowledgeable about guns or had been taught about them, I would assume that he wasn't.

And this example (and not just singling you out.. it's all over the place), is why these theories are a joke. People have the very bare facts.. scraping the minimum of real data.. and they feel they can make informed, intelligent conclusions based on this. Google caches, "expert" photoshop (i.e. people who do some work with photoshop) users, massive leaps of logic, conclusions with no proof, etc. Yet people KNOW what happened.

How do you know he had no knowledge of guns? For all you know, he shot skeet with his family - he hunted - he played paintball every weekend - he played FPS around the clock. You have NO idea. You assume omission by the media equals a fact you concoct. It's ridiculous. That's how almost all the theories are formed here. Poor media sources, youtube, and wild speculation.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

It's also purely speculation that Holmes is, in fact, the shooter at this point. Unless you know something I don't such as someone who confirmed his identity during the tragedy.

No matter how you slice it, the "evidence" at this point is a joke. The latest "evidence" is that HE MAILED A NOTEBOOK. A notebook for crying out loud. Which contained drawings of stick figures who were shooting an audience. (plural). Hell, they couldn't even get that right and yet that's the link to whether Holmes killed all those poor people? A notebook could have been sent by anyone. There's not a single shred of hard evidence that this dude is the killer, and yet people are already demanding that he fry immediately. The fact that no one even witnessed Holmes being apprehended or being taken into custody is perhaps the most wack point of this entire case. All of this is such a slap in the face to the American public. Perhaps The Government is right. Perhaps we are that stupid.
edit on 27-7-2012 by noved because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

How do you know he had no knowledge of guns? For all you know, he shot skeet with his family - he hunted - he played paintball every weekend - he played FPS around the clock. You have NO idea. You assume omission by the media equals a fact you concoct. It's ridiculous. That's how almost all the theories are formed here. Poor media sources, youtube, and wild speculation.

And that's fine. It's a conspiracy theory forum.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

It would serve a better purpose if they simply renamed it The Logical Thinkers Forum.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by noved

Good thoughts on the whole situation.

I think the conclusive evidence, which probably will never surface, will be any CCTV footage of him buying tickets/entering theater/leaving through the exit, etc. Until these are shown to the public, which I don't see how it would compromise the case and therefore should already be made aware to the public, we should continue to question the medias information that they spew at us.

And as well I agree there are some serious odd facts around the case. For example the two things reported on CNN that I haven't read yet on this thread were:

1) He tried to register at a gun club but the owner of the club called Holmes' cellphone and got the answering machine and thought it was a "strange" message and told all of his employees don't let this guy join our club. What was his message for one? And really, you own a gun club and will refuse an application of a client because of a "weird" answering message?

2) There was a report of one of the tenants in his apartment building going to his door and knocking, then trying the door handle(which was unlocked) and deciding NOT to open the door(why would you even turn another person door handle if you weren't going in?), instead she yelled out "I'm going to call the police" And when she did they said they were busy with some serious matters(the shooting). The main thing being, if she opened the door there should have been a kaboom, but she thought she would just grab the door handle then second guess herself and not open the door, come on.

Anyone's opinion on what I have stated will be appreciated. I as well think this thread should be taken seriously until more conclusive evidence comes to light regarding what really happened.
edit on 27-7-2012 by unknown known because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Hey guys, I found out something pretty interesting regarding this shooting being a "conspiracy".

I know most people on ATS dont listen to rap, but I was watching Lil Wayne's new music video for "my homies still" today, and i noticed some pretty disturbing things.

At 3:38 in the video it shows lil wayne and some other people in a movie theatre WITH 12 SKELETONS IN THE SEATS! This video was released BEFORE the shooting happend as well. May be coincidence, but I think its very suspicious.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-7-2012 by Zeuss because: wrong time

edit: sorry, i didnt realize someone else had posted this in the thread. Guess i should pay more attention..
edit on 27-7-2012 by Zeuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The most important point is that there has been no trial and there is nothing but news reports, many of them biased. That means there isn't anyone who knows the real story yet everyone seems to be talking about it as a fact that James Holmes is guilty. The questions seem to revolve around how it really went down but rarely is it even questioned. People need to keep in mind that this guy is innocent until proven otherwise and there is literally no proof whatsoever there is only media reports which cannot be trusted especially when they are declaring guilt and being so unabashedly biased without a trial or evidence.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeuss

Odd coincidence.

Sorry 2nd line.

Keep em coming

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
OR

'let's make conspiracy out of every single thing that happens' ... Seriously paranoid much?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 0001391

Well, news media will always be sensationalist. Of course they report in the way that gives them the most attention. However, I have heard the actual lawyers etc saying they are taking the investigation very seriously and it will take a long time until all the evidence is collected and properly reviewed.

I think this is just a case of the media and general population jumping to conclusions, as is unfortunately typical.

And that Lil Wayne video is weird, but ultimately irrelevant I think. There are more than 12 skeletons in the cinema (how would they have known the exact number of murders anyways? especially given two of them died in the hospital), and the entire video is weird as hell, like most Lil Wayne videos. It is an eerie coincidence (as is the theater shootout scene in the Gangster Squad trailer they played before the movie), but I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence. What would that not being a coincidence even suggest? That Lil Wayne or the director of the video was involved in or informed of this psy-op, if it was one? Doesn't seem terribly likely, and even if it was, why put that in your video?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Please understand I mean not disrespect with any of the following thoughts...
Firstly, my heart goes out to all that were faced with the horrors of what happened in the cinema. I may live all the way down in Australia, but the cinema has always been a special place of retreat to enjoy art and experience countless emotional and thought provoking stories in a darkened room surrounded by strangers. For some, the cinema will never be enjoyed again.

Secondly, let us all please take a moment to remember that ATS is not about jumping to conclusions, but to openly discuss important, strange or entertaining aspects of life that invoke discussion and allow us all to share differing viewpoints that can expand or humour the thoughts of others.

Looking for a conspiracy in what has happened in the Batman shooting is both distasteful and insulting. At this stage we are all at the mercy of small snippets of information, and unless we were there, we should not yet be drawing any sort of conclusions.

The killer knows why he did what he did. We do not. We will never truly know. As an Australian, I find it interesting when on one hand Americans are proud of their right to own weapons, and yet I am also reading many threads and comments that seem to ask how this guy managed to purchase so many weapons. With regards to having the money, there are countless ways to finance such a purchase. Credit cards, student loans, saved wages, money from parents (I believe his father worked in finance?)... there are too many ways to list. As to how - it seems it is the system you have in America that allowed the purchase. If not, then obviously there are ways around the system, like so many other systems in society that can be worked around.

Are there things being held back from the public? I've no doubt. It's an investigation, and that's just the way things go.

Brainwashed killer? Smokescreen for something more sinister? An assassination of someone in the cinema? Um....no. A person who chose to kill innocent people with either a lucid mind or a broken mind? Bingo.

The horror of the event cannot, and should not, be understated in any way. Let us not offend those who died and those who survived by weaving fanciful ideas into the need to find an explanation for something that maybe, just maybe, has no real explanation.

Martin Bryant killed 35 people in Tasmania some years ago. He was not the devil, he was not a puppet for the military, nor was he executing a plan to bring down the world. He was, and is, sick, and will remain in a concrete cell until the day he dies.

Now is the time to focus energies on supporting those who survived, and offering help to the families of those that did not. Cease giving any energy to the trigger puller. Please don't look for secret conspiracies that just aren't there. If this has taught us anything, it's that LIFE and REALITY is far stranger and often more dangerous than those stories our imagination gives birth to.

Humans - what a strange animal we are. Capable of such wonderful and beautiful things, and capable of such horrible and detestable things. I'm sorry to those who find themselves facing the latter.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Thought you guys might like this, seems appropriate:

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberdaz

While I can certainly appreciate your perspective as an Australian, I strongly disagree. If some of us seem passionate about getting to the bottom of this case and sorting out the truth from fiction, it's only because we understand that that in order for any true justice to be served, you MUST find the truth. I'm not sure if you have researched this case extensively or not, but I can tell you that I've personally spent hours and hours sifting through an astonishing amount of information. My gut feeling is that something is very amiss. I do not feel that Holmes is merely this lunatic "Lone Wolf" as the media is playing him out to be. The oddities far outweigh any of the proposed "facts" thus far. So, once again, it's also purely speculation that Holmes is, in fact, the shooter at this point.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by noved

Don't worry, I'm Australian and I'm with you on this; mind you, I've been watching this VERY closely from day one.

Australian MSM is all cooked and fried!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberdaz

You seem to be jumping to conclusions that he is the killer, with nothing more than circumstantial evidence reported by the media.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
If you compare the Anders Behring court video to the Holmes video, there are many things that cause the viewer to question the legitimacy of the entire thing.

It mainly goes to show how secretive and sketchy the US are when going about this sort of thing.

In the Anders video you see much more. A bit of his personality, photos of the crime scene, guns and other materials found at his home, going as far as pictures from his PC and what he wore in detail. Now I don't know if this will go down the same in the next appearance, but with the Holmes video, we get nothing but a dazed looking character that is questionable - and we can only go as far as thinking what we want about him faking it, or being drugged.

For such a death trap of an apartment we get no photos, we get vague videos of police outside the windows, short interviews with the woman underneath his apartment who heard the techno music blaring, and short interviews of parents in the surrounding apartments.

I don't know what I believe, but it seems that this is one of the most widely discussed topics in many sectors of the worldwide web as of this past week, gaining more momentum as more confusion asks for more questions and desperately tries to find more answers. As viewers we haven't been given any solid information, it is all over the place, and again, a complete lack of photos and real information. Many things make little sense, so I predict that these threads will continue and that the MSM will be forced to ask more questions.

I can't say that I'm looking forward to the next court video, if there is one, and it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't, but my own opinion is that he was so dazed in court because he was just coming down off whatever he was ingesting, and reality was starting to break through slowly. This is where the road block comes up and I begin to question if this was his own drug use, or whether he was drugged or apart of a deeper chaotic agenda, be it by antipsychotics or perhaps hallucinogens. With regards to what we know about MK Ultra, nothing really surprises me anymore, and before people cast total doubt on the psyop theory, we should wait to see what else surfaces.
edit on 27/7/12 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It was said that there won't be any video from his trial available anymore.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join