It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

So where is the government insurance program people are going to buy into???

I don't think you understand what the State exchanges are.

link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Obama care is a repuclian idea and yet no republican voted for it so then the ruling is a "win" for the GOP and not Obama then why is it not named GOPCARE?

Which means all the Democrats do is plagerized Republican laws and no iI didn't the left has been running around on this site for 3 years saying it was Romney care.
edit on 28-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by maplecustom
Let me get this straight US folks...Do you pay alot of different taxes? is the system nothing like "I pay X% tax of my income" Do you have different tax posts?

You can't just count the tax rate accurately.

You have all sorts of "hidden taxes" that go on top of your federal income tax.

Such as, property taxes, vehicle use taxes (registration, licencing, insurance), you even have little things like parking or speeding tickets.

For the average American if we added up all of the little 'hidden' taxes, we could easily be approaching a 70-80% tax rate overall. The average citizen gets hit up very often on all sorts of these things.

And don't come tell me to park somewhere else. Half of these cities have no actual legit parking zones in the first place *purposely to force you into using meters and running a little late often thus paying a parking ticket upwards to 125$*.

Point is, you pay almost everything you earn in taxes.
Gasoline taxes? Sales taxes? The list goes on and on.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
reply to post by dxdydz

The answer to your question is no to all of the above. You will be required to pay for insurance yourself. If you don't as of 2014 you will be taxed 2,000 per individual in your family every year for not having insurance.

More false information.

Where did you get the idea that you have to pay 2k for each member of the family???

You mean you haven't read the bill, OutKast?

Actually, the amount is smaller for individuals, but it will be $2,000 per employee for every business that chooses not to cover it's employees.

And that isn't what the other person said...is it???

They claimed individuals will pay 2k per family member...not that a business will pay 2k per employee.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Here is a question for OBama supporters who for the last 3 years said Obama just took Romneycare nation wide so now that Obamacare is has been ruled "constitutional" does that mean Romney get's the credit?

Silly me what was i thiiking of course Obama and the left will get the credit .

Sure...if he wants to take the credit...it is his template.

I have no problem with that.

Do you think he will take credit for his own ideas???

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

And federal 'excise taxes'.

as in the ones on your phone bill, cable bill, etc.......

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Here is a question for OBama supporters who for the last 3 years said Obama just took Romneycare nation wide so now that Obamacare is has been ruled "constitutional" does that mean Romney get's the credit?

Silly me what was i thiiking of course Obama and the left will get the credit .

Sure...if he wants to take the credit...it is his template.

I have no problem with that.

Do you think he will take credit for his own ideas???

Want to point out in Romney care where it says a kid stays on their mommy and daddies insurance until age 26?

oh that would be Obama care.

For 3 years OBama hasn't taken credit for Obama care but now after today I am sure he will it will be his 2012 platform.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Anjin

America has never been a Democracy. Constitutional Republic is more like it. I didn't coin those words. I've just seen them thrown around as buzz words.

And what do you recommend as far as healthcare is concerned? That we stick with the current crappy system? Obama's system isn't perfect either but it's a step somewhere.

Have you seen any info about what is in this bill? It includes "including $8 billion in earmarks"
"it will cost you $1.25 trillion"
www.redstate.com...

This is old stuff I need to see what is in it now and what it will cost the nation. Mainly i am worried about all the small businesses that cannot afford one more hit before they break, leaving the way for large corps to take the rest of the business. There are better ways ten to break the lower middle class and small business by adding another burden.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

And that isn't what the other person said...is it??? They claimed individuals will pay 2k per family member...not that a business will pay 2k per employee.

So, why didn't you correct them instead of asking for their proof?

Could it be that you didn't have the answer or know either? I think so!

link   
These politicians just don't get it. We want the PUBLIC OPTION with the ability to purchase private insurance if you can afford it. I can see why the SCOTUS used the Tax clause (because essentially it is now a public option) but it still involves big insurance companies and big pharma.

I want a simple public option that if I get the sniffles, or I don't feel well, my tax dollars allow me (without having to deal with insurance, premiums, bull# etc) to go see a doctor and get well. Most Americans in recent polls also want this. We don't want to be tied to Oligarchy Insurance corporations and big pharma so they can just toss more harmful drugs our way.

I like parts of Obamacare. However, if we're going to implement healthcare for everyone, then I think it needs to be a public option that our tax dollars pay for and the STATE runs, not insurance companies. That's my issue with Obamacare.

link   
Medicare and Mediciad fraud costs taxpayers about 80 billion a year. Why the heck is anyone okay with the government furthering their control on our nations health care system when they can't even reign in current government health care programs?

Source: Source of Info

Basically put, when the government puts their hands on anything, it gets bloated, it is full of fruad/abuse and in the end it costs the taxpayers far more than the government told us in the beginning. This law WILL negatively impact our economy. It is just a matter of hard the hit will be.

edit on 28/6/2012 by lynn112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I will probably go to jail over this eventually. But i have health insurance now.

How corporatist is it to require me to buy something from a corporation just to exist?

I dont agree with the car insurance mandates either, but you arent required to have a car to exist. And theres always the motorcycle option. A year of motorcycle insurance for me costs less than two months of car insursnce

link   

Not one single Republican voted for Obama care.

Not one so why didn't they vote for it if it was there "idea" ?

There is documented proof that it was originally a Republican idea.

Not sure why you are denying it.

Here...I even used Fox News as a source for you.

www.foxnews.com...

link   
Health care law: Individuals pay a financial penalty for not obtaining health insurance may reasonably be characterized as a tax. The tax will be collected from your tax refunds by the IRS.
IRS is the collector General!

link   

Obama care is a repuclian idea and yet no republican voted for it so then the ruling is a "win" for the GOP and not Obama then why is it not named GOPCARE?

Which means all the Democrats do is plagerized Republican laws.

That's really sad that you have to invent a completely fantastical situation in your mind to "accept this" ruling.

Yeah, let's pretend this was a Republican idea originally, that way we won't freak out over this? Cognitive dissonance ?

It's really really sad. Plagiarized Republicans? GOPCARE?

So if Obama does something we don't like, let's pretend it was originally a GOP idea that way it "feels better". That's so lame actually.

So the SAME LAW is ok if it's GOP, but not ok if it's Democrat?? What the hell that is so bias and unreasonable. Obviously it's the same legislation and either it's wrong or it's right, it doesn't matter what party supports it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
In fact,
I'm thinking that in the not too distant future, I'll be getting hospital bills with an added federal excise tax.

In the Commonwealth of PA, if you get a speeding ticket, they tack on an extra fine to help pay for a failed insurance program that they tried in the 1980's, called the CAT Fund.

I'll trust the govt to do the right thing for us!

link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by travisirius
reply to post by butcherguy

I keep hearing this lie for 4 years. Half of Americans polled weren't in favor of the HCB the other half was in favor. HALF of those against the bill were against it because it had no single payer!
In conclusion 1/4 of Americans were against it solely to be against it.
Look it up and read any poll you want, the half against the Health c bill we're because of the mandate.
We just joined the coalition of countries that want to take care of it's citizens.
Romney just got donkey punched!
Not a lie.
2/3 of the people do not like this bill.
I didn't specify why they don't like it.
Why did you say I lied?

Because 2/3 of the people are not for or against ANYTHING. It's not a lie, but polls are almost always slanted in one way or another. You could not get 2/3 of all Americans to agree that the sun is good.

link   
reply to post by Deetermined

No, it only proved that 5 out of the 9, in which two of them were appointed by Obama, seemed to think so, or were threatened.

Oh right...since you don't agree with them...Obama threatened them.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Not one single Republican voted for Obama care.

Not one so why didn't they vote for it if it was there "idea" ?

There is documented proof that it was originally a Republican idea.

Not sure why you are denying it.

Here...I even used Fox News as a source for you.

www.foxnews.com...

Ok? So why don't they support it?

Is this how the two party system controls everyone's mind?

The GOP feigns fake outrage, hoping to compel everyone to do the opposite and vote their legislation in?

That is quite the devious master plan.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Because the Democrats held the House,Senate and Presidency and the minorty GOP was shut out of the process anyone who is saying the left and right came together are wrote Obama care :

Who the hell are they kidding?

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join