It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
reply to post by SeesFar

Your husband and yourself won't be offered Insurance anymore. There is a provision int eh bill that allows the business to opt out and send you to a stater government program that will be even more expensive. I see alot of people uninformed of the law in place and solid now.

You wouldn't even believe how many provisions are in the bill. It's a 2,000 page bill full of provisions.

We're fully expecting that. I read the original 1,100+ page bill that was submitted. I didn't have it in me to read the 2,000+ page bill that passed. What was in the 1,100+ page bill was enough. The creation of 53 .. FIFTY-THREE .. new governmental agencies. Who's going to pay for those? Panels who will be appointed and who will decide whether or not people get treatment in a system loosely based upon the NHS in the U.K. Your potential contribution to society is assessed and, depending on how much the panel thinks you have to offer, you may or may not get treatment, you may get it sooner or you may get it later.

I'm on Medicare due to disability. I worked 20 years longer than the docs wanted me to because i knew i had to pay into the system as much as i could before i just couldn't go any longer. I shudder to think of how my "contribution to society" might now be seen. Nevermind that i'm still able to push myself enough to take care of our home, grow a little garden to supplement our grocery bill, etc. I truly worry that those of us no longer able to "contribute" to society in the manner some appointed panel *thinks* we should contribute will be hung out to dry.

I'm no fan of Romney (at all!!) but if he's swearing to get rid of it by E/O (if that's what it takes), then we need to vote him in. I don't think that he's otherwise one bit different than what we have, but if he'll do that ONE thing. And if he promises and doesn't, we need to demand a recall and a whole new election.

We need to stand up, NON-violently, and get our point across that this is a Constitutional Republic and we are NOT being represented.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

link   

link   
Ok now that's out of the way..Watch the insurance fraud and rates sky rocket now. Mark my words insurance fraud is going to be the next big crime wave to hit this country. Not to mention the insurance companies will raise the rates. It is all orchestrated. You didn't think the disgusting corruption of the health industry was going to stop did you....no it is going to get much worse ...watch.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
To put this simply. My annual out of pocket expenses are lower than what a health care plan would cost me per month, let alone a year than what I currently pay while using cash. I also earn a decent interest rate on the money I have set aside so I'll lose that as well.

I will either be forced to pay this new expense or pay a huge tax. Either way it is more money out of my pocket and that means less spending on my part. I'm sure this will be great for our already depressed economy.
edit on 28/6/2012 by lynn112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Gee if they can't get a handle on Illegal immigration yet they think I paying a health care tax . Illegal immigrants can pay first or go home

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
reply to post by dxdydz

The answer to your question is no to all of the above. You will be required to pay for insurance yourself. If you don't as of 2014 you will be taxed 2,000 per individual in your family every year for not having insurance.

More false information.

Where did you get the idea that you have to pay 2k for each member of the family???

You mean you haven't read the bill, OutKast?

Actually, the amount is smaller for individuals, but it will be $2,000 per employee for every business that chooses not to cover it's employees.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by artnut

He may very well be a millionaire, I have never asked, and he does not share this information with me. But, as a citizen of this country, he has a right to pay cash for all of his procedures, and takes care of himself just fine without government intervention. I would venture to say that it is more the people that can't pay that drive up the cost of insurance, not him. He has yet to contribute to someone elses debt or cause them directly need to raise prices because he could not pay.

You still have not answered my question, though.

He has a choice...he can pay the penalty or get insurance...it's up to him.

If he is that rich...this is not a burden to him for either option.

No, he does not have a choice. He is forced to do one thing or another, when he would have done nothing. And as usual that is the liberal mantra "he is rich, so he can pay". He was not always wealthy, he grew up poor and built his business without any government help whatsoever. He is the enemy of the nanny state and always will be.

This is just more taxation, and in his case, absolutely no representation.

This mandate cost the taxpayers millions before it was ever even mandated. Where do you think the money came from to bring a 1900 page bill to life? Even before it was implemented employers changed their insurance plans to reflect upcoming cost (including my husbands), and it costs the emplyees more money out of pocket. More costs to follow.

link   
Here is a question for OBama supporters who for the last 3 years said Obama just took Romneycare nation wide so now that Obamacare is has been ruled "constitutional" does that mean Romney get's the credit?

Silly me what was i thiiking of course Obama and the left will get the credit .
edit on 28-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I really don't see how auto insurance can be mandated but to do so with health care is unconstitutional? Uninsured citizens cost the industry billions and raise the health care costs for the rest of us. If one is unconstitutional shouldn't the other also be unconstitutional?

Furthermore I'm disgusted that nine individuals decide the entire direction of our country.

ETA: CNN: Court may uphold the mandate through a tax clause....
edit on 6/28/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

Errm. That would be because it's very easy to kill someone with a car. They're very big and heavy weapons. And although Americans are getting much larger, we're actually becoming defenseless as a result.

A horse can kick anyone in the head too, but anyone can ride one.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I agree with you my friend, but unfortunately they're going to make sure our taxes, go to benefit anything but us.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

This last part here I read as giving the OK for States to just say no thanks...

If they can't be penalized for non-participation it does imply that chosing not to participate is an option for the States.

The only thing they can decide not to do without penalty is expanding their medicaid coverage.

They can't have existing funds withheld from them as a penalty...that is all the SCOTUS said...but they will not get any additional funding.

PLUS...if a State does this...all it does it put a larger burden on their own residents. The residents aren't opted out of the mandate...but if the State doesn't expand their medicaid coverage...then some lower income residents will have to either buy insurance or pay the penalty.

Plus...the Federal government can still sue the State for not following the law...they just can't withhold funding. I really doubt any State is going to decide to play this game.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So this means the government, which spends trillions of dollars of your money on BS, an entity that cant even figure out how to make the damn post office profitable, is going to start messing around with the already screwed health care industry... This is not going to end well.

You might as well save your tax money and burn it in the fire during the winter....THAT would be a better use of it.

Thank you obama, for taking my money, and spending it on me... I really appreciate it.
edit on 28-6-2012 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hey, captain straw man, one doesnt have to be an "Obama Supporter" to point out "ObamaCare" is based on RomneyCare. Heck, even many in the GOP admit this.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by neo96

Hey, captain straw man, one doesnt have to be an "Obama Supporter" to point out "ObamaCare" is based on RomneyCare. Heck, even many in the GOP admit this.

I forgot the democrats can't write any laws on their own they have to take "republican" ideas.

Romney is not GOP btw RINO as most people know.

Not one single republican voted for Obama care funny that if it was their "idea" they would have.
edit on 28-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by R3KR
So this means the government, which spends trillions of dollars of your money on BS, an entity that cant even figure out how to make the damn post office profitable, is going to start messing around with the already screwed health care industry... This is not going to end well.

You might as well save your tax money and burn it in the fire during the winter....THAT would be a better use of it.

There is a reason government spending is wasteful, and it isnt because government is itself flawed. IT's because the US government is over-run by corporate interests and lobbyists.

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

In 2016, when the penalty is fully phased in, it will be $695 for an individual (up to $2,085 per family) or 2.5 percent of household income, whichever is greater. The penalty will increase annually based on the cost of living.

Tax Impact

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

First off...he didn't break that promise...he actually lowered taxes. Let's not start with false information in this thread.

And this "tax" is only imposed as a penalty...for most people, they won't pay this tax.

Actually Obama lied to the American people about this.

Obama in 2009: The Individual Mandate Is Not a Tax

Read the article...he says it's not a "tax increase".

Well if it is NEW and it is a TAX...doesn't that mean it HAS to be a TAX INCREASE?

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join