It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

The Supremes called the legally correct shot too, it is a tax and Congress has the power to tax the people.

Oh, how I wish the Supremes would have made struck it down though, imagine the precedent it would have set for all the "It's illegal for the U.S. government (Congress) to collect income tax on citizens" guys.

Springer...

Looking at it in that context, yes.

But, Why did Roberts have to correct it from Mandate to Tax?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Excellent point. This also upholds the taxing authority of the IRS, which in turn legitimizes the Federal Reserve, since taxes are collected to pay them.

Wow, fascism really works!

/TOA
edit on 28-6-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by artnut

He may very well be a millionaire, I have never asked, and he does not share this information with me. But, as a citizen of this country, he has a right to pay cash for all of his procedures, and takes care of himself just fine without government intervention. I would venture to say that it is more the people that can't pay that drive up the cost of insurance, not him. He has yet to contribute to someone elses debt or cause them directly need to raise prices because he could not pay.

You still have not answered my question, though.

He has a choice...he can pay the penalty or get insurance...it's up to him.

If he is that rich...this is not a burden to him for either option.

link   
Sorry did not read through the entire thread so far but what the hell?

Health insurance is a tax?

The tax clause?

Seriolusly?

Get ready for Obamas poll bounce.

The enitre thing should have been strucken down.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
Legislating from the bench, SCOTUS did not rule on the law as it stands, but changed the law so it became constitutional by making the mandate into a tax. Now the IRS has the power over whether you choose to have healthcare or not. Next is the IRS having power over they types and levels of healthcare depending on what political party you adhere to. Then what EPA approved windows are installed in your home. Then what EPA regulated MPG you car SHALL have and when you must buy only a govt motors car, for the good of the people of the United States.

Right...the .gov has been bought and paid for by large corps. at this point their only real work as a government is to enlarge and grow the corporations who put them all in office. All else is non important, that is why the word illegal cannot even be applied to an immigrant who did not apply and came over the border legally working cheep for large corporations, all is about nothing else anymore.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Cantor: House will vote on repeal on July 11
www.politico.com...

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) said Thursday that the Republican-led House will vote on repealing the health care law soon after the July 4 recess.

All hell is going to break loose from the Catholics. They will not comply to a law that forces them to provide birth control, sterilization, morning after pills and very likely abortions. Just watch. The St. Louis Arch Bishop vowed to go to jail before he would pay any fines on their self-funded insurance. If others do the same and they probably will it will get very ugly.

Hey, thanks SCOTUS way to protect our freedom of religion.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The right wing has been telling people that over and over.

Now they have to eat crow.

I wonder if any of them will come out and say "I was wrong...it is Constitutional".

Or more likely...they will just say they know the Constitution better than the SCOTUS.

The Supreme Court has made a lot of decisions.

Like the one they made in Dred Scott v. Sandford

in it:

was a ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court that people of African descent brought into the United States and held as slaves (or their descendants,[2] whether or not they were slaves) were not protected by the Constitution and were not U.S. citizens.

I suppose you would have supported that SCOTUS ruling as Constitutional?
A good ruling?

SCOTUS can make mistakes.

edit on 28-6-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Which is hilarious coming from people on the left, since all week long the media and libs have been talking about taking on the illegitimacy of the supreme court, when they thought it was going to go against them.

Did I say that???

You can go look up any of my previous comments...I even thought it was going to be struck down and still said I would respect any decision made by the SCOTUS.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

well. At least my country works pretty damn good. and thrives.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by PvtHudson
So basically, Obama has just raised taxes on lower and middle class people? How is that a positive?

No matter how many times Fox News, their guests, or Republican politicians say this...it just isn't true.

If you CHOOSE to reject all the options and assistance provided now to get covered by healthcare insurance...yes...you will be penalized with an additional tax.

But everyone can CHOOSE to avoid that tax.

Never heard fox say that and tell me how can they avoid the "tax" since they are fined for not getting healthcare?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
The "be responsible" people are up in arms about a law that makes people "be responsible" for health care coverage if they can afford it.

The healthcare law is good for the people, huge insurance can deny people coverage for pre existing conditions.

Another win for the people from the supreme court, wow two decisions in a row.

Yes...they don't want people to be responsible...but they will refuse to be responsible if someone tells them to.

Just like they claim they refuse to be more charitable becasue they are forced to help out the poor through taxes.

To me...it kind of sounds like a lot of excuses...don't you think???

And yes...good week for the people...I'm very happy today.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

Really?!?!?!?

After everything this country has done for the past 30 years, this is the thing that is going to cause you to reconsider which country you call home?

No...its just that they see the slippery slope of the Commerce Clause.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
CCO's (coordinated care organizations) are forming in communities - the ruling on the Healthcare bill will boost the implementation, by state, as well.

Don't know enough about them to have an opinion one way or another yet, but it is something you all will see more and more.

edit on 28-6-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
So 9 people have decided what everyone else has to do?
Thats nice

I hope those applauding this remember this day,cause do you really believe it stops here?
First step in having gov mandate what you ARE going to have to do.
When they push harder,those of you who agree with this,also deserve whatever else comes done the pipe.
Enjoy!

edit on 28-6-2012 by Black_Fox because: SpELLing

9 people?

There were many more than that who voted on this in Congress.

And there were millions who voted Obama into office while he ran on this platform.

So...no...not 9 people. All these 9 people did was tell a group of people claiming it was Unconstitutional that they are wrong.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I am unhappy with this decision. I thought it would be overturned and the next plan would include a true public option. Forcing people into public non-profit health insurance is one thing, but forcing them into a private for-profit health insurance makes my stomach rumble. Why should some guy (me sometimes) make a profit off your medical procedure while he is out on the golf course racking up birdies. It doesn't make sense when we have a government that could provide all the funding that is neccesary to implement a state of the art healthcare system. This is a cowardice act against the people by Obama, just so he could say he pushed something through. I think this decision kills any Obama election chances.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Supreme court justice JOHN ROBERTS conservative my arse and needs fired.

John Roberts you have a special place on the crap list next to Obama and Holder.

Gawd.

Spun the healthcare bill as a tax!

What the hell

link   

Here you go:

en.wikipedia.org...

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Thu Jun 28 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
reply to post by dxdydz

The answer to your question is no to all of the above. You will be required to pay for insurance yourself. If you don't as of 2014 you will be taxed 2,000 per individual in your family every year for not having insurance.

More false information.

Where did you get the idea that you have to pay 2k for each member of the family???

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here are the main Provisions:

You be the judge:

Guaranteed issue and partial community rating will require insurers to offer the same premium to all applicants of the same age and geographical location without regard to most pre-existing conditions (excluding tobacco use).[18][19][20]

en.wikipedia.org...

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Thu Jun 28 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112

So expenses that may or may not happen, and I may or may not be able to pay for, is reason enough to take away my right to choose to buy a product from a private company or not? Exactly who gave anyone the right to poke their head into my finances to deem whether or not I have the means to cover potential future expenses?

You still have the right to choose...actually in most cases the penalty for not buying insurance will be lower than the cost of insurance...of course you still have to pay for all your medical care after that...so it is kind of a dumb choice.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join