It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Thanks for the link.

But obviously you gotta understand I consider this a non-issue since healthcare is already free for poor people in the USA. So of course I'm really confused about what is going to change if anything. Seems like most talk around the issue is pure politics and hyperbole. Forgive me for not trusting other's opinions so much.

Plus consider : why would I waste all day for years researching this crap when I have 500000 other conspiracies to research which are actually fun and mysterious? Just letting you know my reasoning why I am not an expert on this particular issue.

That's why I stated openly, this is confusing, someone please explain it to me.

But thank you for the information you have caught me up to speed, somewhat.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
reply to post by beezzer

The old bait and switch tactic.....It worked. He claimed over and over that this was not a tax, but even his lawyers argued that it was a tax when they stood before the court. He lied yet again. He is one shifty character.

He knows Americans are fed up with taxes....taxes for this and taxes for that! Most Americans that are hard-working and industrious pay plenty of taxes already....Federal, State, County, City, School, Property, Sales, etc. taxes, yet we see our tax dollars going more and more toward programs that do nothing but create a dependent segment of people that are nothing more than a voting bloc for a political party.

Watch unemployment rise. Small businesses are going to have to fire people just to stay in business.

Watch the US go into another recession, based on increased costs, higher unemployment.

It's a bad day in America.

link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Ok? So why don't they support it?

Is this how the two party system controls everyone's mind?

The GOP feigns fake outrage, hoping to compel everyone to do the opposite and vote their legislation in?

That is quite the devious master plan.

They don't support it because Obama does.

It's not the first or last time they did this...Obama has openly supported a Republican introduced bill...then Republicans trashed it and didn't support it any longer.

It's documented..I gave you the link...it was in fact a Republcian idea.

link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by neo96

For 3 years the left has ran around on this site saying Obama care was Romney care same thing the did with the federal reserve act and a few others.

Now why would they have not taken credit for day one instead of saying "well it was someone else's idea:".

The 'left' has stated that the health care legislation was based on "RomneyCare" because it shows the sheer and utter hypocrisy of the current GOP presidential candidate complaining about "ObamaCare".

Why the hell do we need the left then since they can't write their own laws?

edit on 28-6-2012 by neo96 because: thread moving too fast

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The Republicans weren't held out of the conversations....I watched them on CSPAN when Obama had a week long meetign with them.

Of course they didn't bring anything to the table.

And like I just showed you...when Obama compromised on the Public Option and went with their idea of the Mandate...they switched and opposed it.

I'm sorry if you got played.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The majority of the justices wouldn't know if something was constitutional if it slapped them in the faces.

Let's find a way to opt out....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by maplecustom
reply to post by macman

well. At least my country works pretty damn good. and thrives.

Hey, a broken clock is right twice a day.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by joesomebody
The majority of the justices wouldn't know if something was constitutional if it slapped them in the faces.

Work for congress or a union.

They get the waivers.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by macman

Two, even the poor will be forced to BUY Health Insurance.
Three, even if the poor can't afford to buy, they will be taxed.

Wrong.

The poor are given help or allowed to go on Medicaid.

The poor will not be taxed.

How poor?
About 6 million Californians had incomes below the federal poverty line of $22,113 for a family of four in 2010, census data released Tuesday show. That's 16.3% of the population, up from 15.3% in 2009.

In Ca in even cheep areas like where I live average rent is 800-1200 a month. Wages are mostly minimum. Plus most are part time only. Businesses cannot afford the taxes and expense of full time workers.

In Ca you can get Medicaid if you are old, or pregnant and poverty level.
As you can see many working people who can barely pay for food and basics cannot get medicaid not any other form of help. They certainly cannot afford another mandatory expense like medical insurance.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yes..I admit I don't have the entire bill memorized...

An excellent reason to back the bill.

And Dred Scott is an excellent reason to back the Supreme Court.

link   

reply to post by neo96

The Republicans weren't held out of the conversations....I watched them on CSPAN when Obama had a week long meetign with them.

Of course they didn't bring anything to the table.

And like I just showed you...when Obama compromised on the Public Option and went with their idea of the Mandate...they switched and opposed it.

I'm sorry if you got played.

So what way do you wannna have it?

Gop is the party of no
Gop are obstructionists

But nope they came "together" and wrote Obama care.

The only people who got played is the American citizen forced to buy a corporate product and who get "Taxed" if they don't.

Win for big corporate and win for big government

link   

Hmmm interesting post OKS.

So is Romney a Democrat? Or are all Democrats Republicans? Or is it that Republicans are actually Democrats?

This is really getting confusing.

See it used to be a lot easier to tell parties apart back when we had the Whig Party. You could look at them and say "Oh, he's wearing a whig", which made it really easy to determine alignment.

Nowadays I am really confused about differentiating between them.

Like look at the Republican party itself. You have hard core corporatism like Romney, hard line statist like Perry, and then RP the total opposite.

Even the Republians don't know what a Republican is I guess?

Today is confusion central over here. Geez I should have just stayed in bed.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Here you go again, it is you that doesn't understand it.

A health insurance exchange is a set of state-regulated and standardized health care plans in the United States, from which individuals may purchase health insurance eligible for federal subsidies. All exchanges must be fully certified and operational by January 1, 2014 under federal law.[1]

Its a subsidized program that states will contract with. I know because I work for the state and I know what we are going to do. In our state we are going to opt out in providing insurance for our state workers and make them pay for their own insurance. We are then going to setup a pool of inter-state pools that you will be required to purchase from out of your own pocket. In our state a set of 5 commissioners then sets your insurance rate. Now you are saying to yourself that's not too bad, but there's a catch. In my state these 5 commissioners have let every single insurance company raise their rates 500% in the last 5 years. Why would they do this? Politics my friend. You see you don't understand what politicians do, they will suck you dry.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Deetermined

No, it only proved that 5 out of the 9, in which two of them were appointed by Obama, seemed to think so, or were threatened.

Oh right...since you don't agree with them...Obama threatened them.

Well, let's see what Obama had to say to them in the recent past...

"Ultimately, I am confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress," Obama said at a news conference with the leaders of Canada and Mexico.

"Obama takes a shot at Supreme Court over healthcare"

www.reuters.com...

And just what did Obama do to get the democratically elected Congress to even pass it in the first place?

"Obama Bribes, Threatens, and Rewards Congress to Pass Health Care"

townhall.com...

So, who might Obama have gotten to??

"Constitutional Death For Obamacare? The Left Threatens John Roberts And The Supreme Court"

www.forbes.com...

edit on 28-6-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's right, If you are a political member, a religious establishment you get the waiver. Everyone else you pay

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by joesomebody

Work for congress or a union.

They get the waivers.

Beezer...I honestly thought you were better than that.

You know the waivers are not an opt out of the healthcare bill...they are temporary permission for companies to continue to provide mini-med plans until 2014 when the State exchanges are set up.

There was a really good thread made about the waivers:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And Congress isn't opted out either...that is false as well.

factcheck.org...

link   

Originally posted by olaru12
reply to post by macman

I as a taxpayer pay for health care for Native Americans, VA Veterans, Govt employees, legislators, etc.

I want my taxes to benefit ME! Not insurance companies!!

edit on 28-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

I understand and empathize with you but must correct you on one point - this is not a lecture; just a truth: No, you do not pay for the health care for Native Americans. I invite you to visit any IHS (Indian Health Services) clinic and prove that for yourself. The standard joke used to be that if you're going to get sick, you better do so by June. That has changed. Now you need to get sick by the end of March, at the latest. IHS is funded under Treaties; each year the funding is less and, due to the economy, the patients are more. The medications dispensed at IHS? For the most part, except for very certain and specific medications for extremely significant illnesses (and only if you're lucky), they are out-of-date medications that the military will no longer will use but they're considered fine for the Native Americans ... unless you don't get your illness by March; if you wait until after March to get sick, you have to wait for the next January and be first in line, provided you make it that long. The government, the media, nobody is going to tell you that .... nobody except someone who has been forced to use IHS because they have no other recourse. But you can look up the mortality rate of Native American infants, deaths due to diabetes, cancer rates, etc. and the evidence is well, pretty self-evident.

Veterans have earned everything (or, nowadays, anything) they get. My husband is an 8 year Veteran; honorably discharged; seen combat. He qualifies for NO VA benefits because he makes $20 too much for this County. If we lived one County over, he would qualify unless he got a raise (not likely) and then he would not. VA has changed. In hindsight, he should have applied for those benefits sooner; however, since we could (for a while) financially take care of these matters ourselves, that's what we chose to do. Our effort to be self-supporting, despite what he had earned, has now bitten us in the behind. I am absolutely certain he's not the only one, either.

Those you pay the most for are illegal immigrants from all over the world who come here and draw full retirement benefits (Social Security) and/or Medicare and/or Medicaid without having ever contributed one cent to the pot, including the President's Aunt and an Uncle. Nice, huh? HE has millions but WE pay for his illegal Aunt and Uncle ... well, they WERE illegal and they WERE kicked out of the Country a few times, but stayed anyway and now, lo and behold, they've been granted immunity. How lucky they were.

Government employees and legislators? Well, we ALL pay for them. Yes, even us 'Injuns,' who, contrary to the incredibly stupid rumor that persists (not accusing you of believing it), DO pay taxes on wages earned just like everyone else.

SO TO ALL OF YOU WHO SUPPORTED THE "Affordable" Healthcare Act and continue to support it (obviously NOT the person whose post i was answering): Congratulations! (that was sarcasm). You have now just put yourselves and everyone else on the NEW (and not improved) Reservation of the United States. You thought the government would take care of you? Fools! You should have asked a Native American. We could have told you exactly what you will get. Now you will witness it first hand. It might be a year or so in coming, but i assure you that it will arrive. Hope you "enjoy" it as much as we have. And here's the really amusing part: all those promises you're believing? They're a bunch of lies and the lies will grow. You will regret not listening to all those who spoke out against it. You will regret accusing them of preventing social "growth." You will eat your words and they will be bitter.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yup, small businesses under 10 employees get the waiver. So now small businesses will have to create multi-companies so their 10 employees will fall under it. What a fiasco.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
By the way, if this law DOES get implemented in full, if you want an investment opportunity, build motels on the access roads just outside the borders of Indian reservations - because I expect to see a building boom of medical clinics on Indian reservations which will as a result not be subject to ObamaCare regulations and thus can administer whatever care they want to people who can pay for it

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Ok? So why don't they support it?

Is this how the two party system controls everyone's mind?

The GOP feigns fake outrage, hoping to compel everyone to do the opposite and vote their legislation in?

That is quite the devious master plan.

They don't support it because Obama does.

It's not the first or last time they did this...Obama has openly supported a Republican introduced bill...then Republicans trashed it and didn't support it any longer.

It's documented..I gave you the link...it was in fact a Republcian idea.

Well that is not a legitimate manner to proceed in governance or administration.

People are suppose to support something if they think it is right and good for the nation.
And go against it when it's not so good.

Not based on party politics.
That right there is Der Untergang.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join