It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science Proves Black People and Women Have Same Brainpower As White Men - Racists Proved Wrong

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yay science only racists care about.

......Or white guilt. I wonder which one prompted the "research"?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Note to OP: The year is 2012, not 1965.

This kind of thing is pretty much common knowledge and accepted by most people. People are equals regardless of race or gender, so they should be treated like it.

Yet I still see threads here and on other places where some people try to push a line that other races are less capable, have lower IQs, what have you. It's sad, but that sort of thing still goes on.

Of course things like IQ tests are culturally and even sexually discriminatory. There was a period where girls started testing consistently higher than boys on the standard IQ tests being done in the U.S., so the testers added more sports questions and that evened off the scores again. If you ask people questions about things relevant to them they are more likely to show their true intelligence, show insights and understanding than if you ask them about things they've never heard of. Seems obvious, no? But still many groups have been labeled as being less intelligent because the tests they took covered topics they were merely ignorant of, but not incapable of understanding.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I hope too much money wasn't wasted on this study ;/

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by mwood
A young black man that grows up in the ghetto with a single mother who is on entitlement programs

(the rest is too steriotypical to consider, or you are talking about a specific person you know)

Why do you have Obamas picture up there? He never grew up in the ghetto, nor had ghetto problems......

So that doesnt even relate............the people that starred you, like yourself, must not even know the background of the president.........

You can't star yourself (can you? never tried...might try with this post..for science..gonna be annoyed if I can though, all those yummy stars I missed).

Anyhow, the argument I responded to was someone basically saying single black mothers using government programs = auto-fail children.
When mom is on food stamps, your not living in a gated community. Hawaii has a better safety net than many, so not sure of hawaiian ghetto would compare to say, detroit's ghetto..but poor is poor.
Obama did also start to become, as he said himself, steriotypical.

It relates perfectly..now star the post..you know you want to.

Add/update: No, you cannot star your own posts...oh well, there goes that theory
edit on 21-5-2012 by SaturnFX because: for science.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah
A) By now it is common knowledge that all people have equal brainpower.
B) It doesn't matter if we are all equal, it is how we use our brain power on which we are judged.

It is silly to say we all have equal brain power and that IS NOT talking about race or gender. None of us are truly EQUAL. We may fall into the average range on any scale you want to measure, but we all have differences that sometimes are above average or below. Most of these differences can be changed by some form of training or treatment. But to flat claim we are all equal is simply not true in any stretch of the imagine.

Call me average in most areas, but my ADD and (former) near-sightedness definite definitely kicked me out of the "normal" range.

Oh, by the way, I'm purple.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Who even questioned this anymore? Wah, can we move onto studies that actually make sense now?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think that the really relevant thing in this thread that no-one is talking about, is the foundational assumption of the title....

I.E. that understanding/acknowledging that there are mean differences in IQ between races is somehow Racist.

Why isn't anyone talking about this?

Because acknowledging reality isn't Racism....

It's acknowledging reality.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

you are completely misinformed.

firstly, a difference in brain function between males and females has been FIRMLY established in medicine, see my post on page 4. secondly, there are differences between races, though they are slight.

IQ tests are tailored to not have any gender bias. there are several subcategories that average together to give you an IQ score, and the subcategories are generalized to apply to nearly everyone.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i raise the bullsh$t flag on this topic

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
There are differences in male/female problem solving and rationalizing. That is a fact. Are men smarter? If anything I'd say women are. But that's just me. This difference could infact be environmental. Men generally do better at spacial comprehension. Men also tend to grow up tinkering with things. Ever had to remove a bolt when the bolthead faced away from you? Lefty loosy/righty tighty doesn't work. It's reversed. This is something that many (perhaps most) men have encountered more than a few times. Such things improve spatial reasoning.

People like to criticize IQ tests as being flawed. They are not flawed (not fundamentally I mean), but used in too general of a predictive way. IQ tests do measure something real. Nobody with an IQ of 90 EVER advanced science or mathematics. They never will.

Genetic differences do exist between and among races. Undeniable. Does that mean that because I'm white (German descent at that) that I'm smarter than all black people? Only a true racist would think so. Does that mean that I'll likely score higher on an IQ test (or any test in school or college) than a black person or hispanic? The numbers say absolutely. Statistically Asians will out score me and Jews will out score everybody by a huge margin.

To say that it's just cultural or environmental can be used as an excuse. It may well be true. It definitely explains atleast part of it. But to say that it's only because the unfair test challenges my ability to employ mathematics or science rather than my ability to succesfully jack some rims or make cash in the hood would be a good reason to lose all hope for humanity's future. Should deviance and ebonics be included on intelligence and reasoning tests?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EdwardKill

The mere fact that black people are trying to get scientific evidence to say they are just as smart as any white person shows a clear "inferiority mindset" about them.
edit on 21-5-2012 by CrimsonKapital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I imagine it really irritates the sexist crowd that Marilyn vos Savant has the highest recorded IQ and she's a... well, a "she" LOL
Glad I don't have to rely on my gender or race to determine my self worth

...at least she's half German, I guess the racists get some sort of reprieve (but they really shouldn't since they're by far the worst)
edit on 21-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watts
I've said this numerous times.... racists are the BIGGEST, most EASILY manipulated pawns that TPTB have at their disposal. Hands down.

No other group of people can be so easily made to act one way or another due to their preconceived notions which are based in total and utter ignorance.

Pot, meet kettle..

edit on 21-5-2012 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Now to get beople to actually believe this while their LEADERS try to keep them down to get some mo money. Common Jesse and Al let it out!!! Your old enough to retire

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
homo sapien sapien has had the same brain size for about 100,000 years

race isn't even biologically significant in anthropology.

this is like saying water was proven to be wet

the only people who would dispute it are ignorant nut jobs

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

And I bet this fact will irritate the feminists:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

At genius level intelligence men outnumber women 8 to 1, same goes for stupid guys, they outnumber stupid women in the same way.
Statistically the intelligence of men tends to swing up and down a lot more dramatically than the more averaged out intelligence of women.

And that's a fact no matter how politically incorrect.

Also, Marilyn vos Savant ain't got nothing on the god-king Hermes Trismegistus.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
reply to post by PurpleChiten

And I bet this fact will irritate the feminists:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

At genius level intelligence men outnumber women 8 to 1, same goes for stupid guys, they outnumber stupid women in the same way.
Statistically the intelligence of men tends to swing up and down a lot more dramatically than the more averaged out intelligence of women.

And that's a fact no matter how politically incorrect.

Also, Marilyn vos Savant ain't got nothing on the god-king Hermes Trismegistus.

So men are more predominantly outliers than women are?
Interesting statistically, but at the same time, shows that the measurement system we have has issues or there would be no outliers.
...well, she DOES have "reality" on her side

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

True. As all us anthro people know, genetic variation varies as much within race as it does between race. And what we call race can change completely in 10,000 years.

I'm into anthro, but I'll only swallow the medicine that tastes right. In the end IQ tests measure something that means something relevent. IQ tests show a general trend between races (the races that sort of exist, but sort of don't; I get that race is arguably not a valid differentiator, but it arguably is). This is all fact. The study that shows that inner city blacks score higher than whites in a "ghetto" IQ test is just lame science meant to raise the researchers standing in a field of science that craves any repudiation of difference between humans. I can produce a test that shows that 5 year olds are smarter than adults if we include questions about sponge bob.

Low IQ scores do not produce nobel winners. The only real question: is the difference environmental or genetic? I believe it's a little of both.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I imagine it really irritates the sexist crowd that Marilyn vos Savant has the highest recorded IQ and she's a... well, a "she" LOL

...at least she's half German, I guess the racists get some sort of reprieve (but they really shouldn't since they're by far the worst)

marilyn vos savant was a fraud, as is everyone who claims an IQ of over 200.

IQ measures how far someone is above the norm, but it becomes increasingly difficult past 130 to be accurate because the bell curve approaches zero quickly. i scored 130 and after doing research, i discovered that i would need to take more specialized tests to actually find out my real IQ.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

marilyn vos savant was a fraud, as is everyone who claims an IQ of over 200.

IQ measures how far someone is above the norm, but it becomes increasingly difficult past 130 to be accurate because the bell curve approaches zero quickly. i scored 130 and after doing research, i discovered that i would need to take more specialized tests to actually find out my real IQ.

uh huh.... ok... whatever you say...

Guess that's why they gave her multiple different versions to eliminate any error and she scored as the higest on all of them...
I trust Stanford-Binet over someone who got a 130 on an internet site as well as all the training I've had in testing as well as statistics including non-parametric, but hey, that's just me

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join