It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science Proves Black People and Women Have Same Brainpower As White Men - Racists Proved Wrong

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

if it's as you say, that your identity isn't dependent on such things, then why do you hold your opinions no matter the evidence presented?

Alan S. Kaufman, a psychology professor and an author of IQ tests, writes in IQ Testing 101 that "Miss Savant was given an old version of the Stanford-Binet (Terman & Merrill 1937), which did, indeed, use the antiquated formula of MA/CA × 100. But in the test manual's norms, the Binet does not permit IQs to rise above 170 at any age, child or adult. And the authors of the old Binet stated: 'Beyond fifteen the mental ages are entirely artificial and are to be thought of as simply numerical scores.' (Terman & Merrill 1937).... the psychologist who came up with an IQ of 228 committed an extrapolation of a misconception, thereby violating almost every rule imaginable concerning the meaning of IQs."[9]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by PurpleChiten

if it's as you say, that your identity isn't dependent on such things, then why do you hold your opinions no matter the evidence presented?

Alan S. Kaufman, a psychology professor and an author of IQ tests, writes in IQ Testing 101 that "Miss Savant was given an old version of the Stanford-Binet (Terman & Merrill 1937), which did, indeed, use the antiquated formula of MA/CA × 100. But in the test manual's norms, the Binet does not permit IQs to rise above 170 at any age, child or adult. And the authors of the old Binet stated: 'Beyond fifteen the mental ages are entirely artificial and are to be thought of as simply numerical scores.' (Terman & Merrill 1937).... the psychologist who came up with an IQ of 228 committed an extrapolation of a misconception, thereby violating almost every rule imaginable concerning the meaning of IQs."[9]

en.wikipedia.org...

They're just contesting the number that was assigned, not the fact that she has the highest recorded IQ on various tests. Big difference

....additionally, Stanford-Binet, Harvard University, Yale University, The Library of Congress... well, they all trump Wikipedia

edit on 21-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think it's great. However the exception to the rule does't negate all the other data does it?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
I think it's great. However the exception to the rule does't negate all the other data does it?

Works both ways and therefore verifies the original premise. The overall average, in this country, is now the same, therefore, there is no difference

....actually seems like women would be really upset about that, I've known many who thought they knew more than any other human ever born... but there are men like that too.... darn outliers

edit on 21-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EdwardKill

Women do some things better as a whole, and men do some things better as a whole. They're "equal", but women still tend to do better on average than men on certain things, and the opposite is true. The article mentions that as well.

It's rather pointless though considering a single person isn't the whole, and shouldn't take it as something personal. Saying Black people on average make less than other groups doesn't get Oprah upset.

The science I've heard is that women have less brain mass than men, because men have testosterone, and women have more connections between different parts. Saying women have a "proportionally bigger brain" is ridiculous and it shows they'll combat lies about gender differences by twisting science and logic to suit their needs, education is one thing, but that is just making people more stupid. You don't use your torso to think. Its like saying amputees are the healthiest bunch in the country because they have the lowest BMI.

Both mens and womens issues need to be addressed, equally, but that arguably isn't the case.
edit on 5/21/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Generally the raw size of the brain isn't considered to be that important as compared to the complexity of the connections.

A sperm whale has a far larger brain than homo sapiens but isn't considered to be more intelligent and doesn't appear to be, though obviously whales and dolphins are much more intelligent than sharks.

Aside:

Not only that but dolphins recognize that humans are also intelligent like them---dolphins play with humans and whales. In the aquatic world, nearly all animals other than cetaceans are really dumb. The dolphins must be awfully bored.

On land, there are more levels of intelligent animals, but many of them are dangerous to other species (e.g. lions, elephants, etc).
edit on 22-5-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
So science proved black folks aren't dumber than whites... wow....I can finally sleep at night knowing this.....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Try telling this to the social degenerate philistines over at stormfront or vnnforum. They'll just pick it apart with their contrived pseudo science. People like that don't believe things based on evidence, they believe something because they want to believe it.

To sum it up: Haters gonna hate, and no amount of science will change that.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Any moron could have seen that blacks and whites of any gender always had the same potential. The old stereotype obviously had more to do with upbringing, poorer education, and actual stereotypes than it did the actual intelligence of other races.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erectus
I am a firm believer in sterilization based on intelligence scores. In an already over-populated world we cannot afford to allow the infantile of mind to propagate. Now, crucify me as an evil or ignorant person.

I totally agree. And the level should be set at 1 + your IQ.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EasyPleaseMe

I am a firm believer in sterilization based on intelligence scores. In an already over-populated world we cannot afford to allow the infantile of mind to propagate. Now, crucify me as an evil or ignorant person.

Oh boy! Eugenics supporters! I was wondering when you people would pile into the thread. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there are some children that are born with a higher IQ than their parents. I've personally known a few people who have idiotic parents yet ended up going to university. It's not so much in the genes, but has more to do with ambition and attitude.

By the way, you two need to take a shower. You smell like Rockefellers.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Oh boy! Eugenics supporters! I was wondering when you people would pile into the thread.

I'm only in favour of Eugenics as far as getting rid of people in favour of Eugenics. I thought that was clear.

I used to be a member of Mensa but the magazine was littered with opinions the same as Erectus'.

edit on 22-5-2012 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

A majority of African males have a rat shape skull like that of his North African and Semetic cousins of whom are not short of intelligence or high IQs.

The reason why women have not feared well over the centuries is because she was not allowed to obtain an education and universities refused female applicants. Now that is changing, expectations of women is higher than that of man.....thankfully, that's not a difficult task to do!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I'm only in favour of Eugenics as far as getting rid of people in favour of Eugenics. I thought that was clear.

I used to be a member of Mensa but the magazine was littered with opinions the same as Erectus'.

edit on 22-5-2012 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

I hear ya! Did you go to any of the meetings? That was the most BORING thing I ever did in my life!!!...I went to three before I just couldn't take it anymore and decided I'd rather go bowling with my friends

They talk it up well, then really let you down after you join them. Of course quitting is much easier than joining, you just stop showing up!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
The reason why women have not feared well over the centuries is because she was not allowed to obtain an education and universities refused female applicants. Now that is changing, expectations of women is higher than that of man.....thankfully, that's not a difficult task to do!

The "oppression" card is starting to wear thin despite the best efforts of feminists to preserve it as the shining beacon as to why women have not achieved as greatly as men in certain areas of life.

The point at hand is not that there is a difference in intelligence between the sexes, rather that there are areas of life where men tend to excel better than women, and where women tend to excel better than men.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EasyPleaseMe

Being in favour of any eugenics almost brings you down to his level. That's why you were included in my post. Wiping out any gene pool is wrong.

However, I wouldn't object to rounding people like him up and putting them all on a remote island somewhere. They could start their own "superior" civilization and act out their Darwinistic wet dreams and leave non-elitist humble people alone once and for all. It would be a win-win situation.

Originally posted by Carseller4
About 20 years ago there was a controversial book about this called "The Bell Curve" that totally goes against what current science (under pressure) is saying.

20 years ago. Old information. That's the thing with science... it's constantly being updated and revised. Are you just upset because this study proves that book wrong?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Originally posted by bluemirage5

The "oppression" card is starting to wear thin despite the best efforts of feminists to preserve it as the shining beacon as to why women have not achieved as greatly as men in certain areas of life.

The point at hand is not that there is a difference in intelligence between the sexes, rather that there are areas of life where men tend to excel better than women, and where women tend to excel better than men.

That's not true. You can say it's true, you can believe it's true, but it's not true. It's also the same thing they said 50 years ago about blacks, the same thing they said 100 years ago about Asians, the same thing that was said 200 years ago about the Irish, 500 years ago about ....well, you get the picture... or maybe you don't
Averages are the same. Outliers exist in both groups. Equal is equal. You want to focus on the past, on history, but historically, there was "oppression". With PRESENT data, it's clear that gender does not determine success or failure no matter how much you may want it to.

A little "scientific test" if you will. I've not disclosed my race or my gender, but I bet $100 you automatically assume I am female and possibly assume that I am black due to me defending them from falsehoods don't you?

That's because your ego puts women below you, not fact, not data, your ego.
Therefore, anyone who disagrees with you must be female, but it doesn't work that way. People disagree with you because you are wrong.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
Generally the raw size of the brain isn't considered to be that important as compared to the complexity of the connections.

A sperm whale has a far larger brain than homo sapiens but isn't considered to be more intelligent and doesn't appear to be, though obviously whales and dolphins are much more intelligent than sharks.

Aside:

Not only that but dolphins recognize that humans are also intelligent like them---dolphins play with humans and whales. In the aquatic world, nearly all animals other than cetaceans are really dumb. The dolphins must be awfully bored.

On land, there are more levels of intelligent animals, but many of them are dangerous to other species (e.g. lions, elephants, etc).

It's really not the "complexity of the connections" as you put it rather, from memory, the part of the brain that communicates between the two sides is bigger in women. A sperm whale might have thick connections between the two spheres but that's doesn't automatically equate to being a benefit, like with brain size.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

However, I wouldn't object to rounding people like him up and putting them all on a remote island somewhere. They could start their own "superior" civilization and act out their Darwinistic wet dreams and leave non-elitist humble people alone once and for all. It would be a win-win situation.

Wouldn't work, they wouldn't have any women with them and wouldn't be able to reproduce

...of course, that MIGHT be a good thing

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It's too bad "ebonics" exist.

If EYE TLKD LIK DIS AL D TYME UD THNK EYM DUMB TOOOOOOOOOOOO $

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join