It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science Proves Black People and Women Have Same Brainpower As White Men - Racists Proved Wrong

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Everyone has equal brain power? Hmm and yet there still seems to be so many stupid people everywhere!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The human brain is like a vast data base. The earlier and longer you put information in it the more it has, also a good operating system doesn't hurt. That is, learning how to take knowledge and apply it to understanding, along with the wisdom to know how to use it.

Then again, some people live their lives playing x-box and watching reality Tv, and can't even tell that the Earth goes around the sun and not the other way around.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
reply to post by EdwardKill

I didnt get past this part of your OP

This is an article in 2003 from Washington University that proves that there is no biological difference between the brains of different races.

Please tell me that this is some kind of Joke? What sort of person would even conduct tests or investigations into a subject so f**!ing ridiculous.
More to the point, were these people paid?
Last but certainly not least, are you sure that those who discovered this were not infact sharing the same brain cell?

No offence to the OP but its things like this that cause the divisions between religions, colors, languages, classes and locations.
Who ever funded this research should be questioned as to what grounds they thought the topic neccesary.

Possibly it was done to put an end to the racist claims that tend to run rampant. I see it as a positive undertaking that provides evidence to dispell some of the deep held racist beliefs and help us move forward.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Intelligence is based on upbringing, of course, hopefully there is no birth defects.

Some Race/Cultures put education as a top prioirty, and some don't.

This is a general list of my experience with difference races and their value on education.

1) Asians(Including Indians, and few other countries in Asia)
2) Whites(more toward european than western)
3) Blacks(west)

im 25 yr old, all my Indian/Asian friends are in a good job field or doing their masters. My white friends finished their bachelors with me(i work in a micro lab) and they work for a good companies as well. My black friends, out of 4, 1 works for a TV station, another works for Telephone company, and 2 others work in a furniture warehouse (i dont know any of their family/financial status).

Most black friends and few white friends did not care about finishing school(even in high school they skipped alot).

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

They're just contesting the number that was assigned, not the fact that she has the highest recorded IQ on various tests. Big difference

actually they're arguing that the test she took to achieve the "highest recorded IQ" was flawed. both tests she took were flawed.

wikipedia merely compiled the sources together, the information didn't originate from them.

the psychologist who came up with an IQ of 228 committed an extrapolation of a misconception, thereby violating almost every rule imaginable concerning the meaning of IQs

the source is at the bottom of the wiki page, from the book "IQ testing 101" published in 2009. the second test she took, the "mega test"...well

The Mega Test has been criticized by professional psychologists as improperly designed and scored, "nothing short of number pulverization.

the highest IQ belongs to kim ung-yong (korean), and the difference between him and marylin vos savant is staggering. let me list off some of them:
by age 4, he was reading japanese, korean, english, and german.
at age 5 he was solving complicated calculus problems and added Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese and Tagalog to his language repertoire.
he studied physics at Hanyang University from the age of 3 to 6.
he got his Ph.d in physics before he was 15.

marylin vos savant doesn't compare in the slightest.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

actually they're arguing that the test she took to achieve the "highest recorded IQ" was flawed. both tests she took were flawed.

oh, so the Stanford-Binet is flawed, but your internet test is accurate....yeah, right...sheeesh
Oh, and she took a total of 11 tests, were all of them flawed? Every single IQ test that exists and is accepted by the scientific world is flawed because she got a higher score than you did, Got it.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

It must be hard to be so sexist that you can't even accept basic facts. I feel for ya ...and bet you're either single or your wife is ...well....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Looked it up and you are wrong (no big surprise)

Marilyn vos Savant = 228

Kim Ung-Yong = 210

The guy that's so upset about it = 105

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

it is apparent that you didn't take time to read anything i posted. i'll post it again hoping you'll actually read it, but the odds are slim.

oh, so the Stanford-Binet is flawed

she was administered the version from 1937. so yes, it was flawed, as many prominent psychologists have said.
Alan S. Kaufman, the famed psychologist who is known for his work in intellligence tests said:

Miss Savant was given an old version of the Stanford-Binet (Terman & Merrill 1937), which did, indeed, use the antiquated formula of MA/CA × 100. But in the test manual's norms, the Binet does not permit IQs to rise above 170 at any age, child or adult. And the authors of the old Binet stated: 'Beyond fifteen the mental ages are entirely artificial and are to be thought of as simply numerical scores.' (Terman & Merrill 1937).... the psychologist who came up with an IQ of 228 committed an extrapolation of a misconception, thereby violating almost every rule imaginable concerning the meaning of IQs.

so her cited score of "228" is outside what the test can measure. no, this does not mean she "broke" the test, it means the guy who calculated her score baffed up considerably.

It must be hard to be so sexist that you can't even accept basic facts. I feel for ya ...and bet you're either single or your wife is ...well....

at this point, i can't tell if you're trolling, or being serious. compare savant's achievements with kim ung-yong. she has nothing on him. i could care less if the highest IQ belonged to a man or a woman, it's completely arbitrary, i'm arguing that savant's given IQ of 228 is very inaccurate, and this is reflected in her life and achievements.

my IQ is between 130-150. i did not take an online IQ test, but a professional one. the psychologist told me that since i have asperger's syndrome, a more specialized test would be needed to accurately ascertain my actual score(normal IQ tests are tailored for neurotypicals, and we tend to score lower due to how questions are presented and worded). look up the profile of people with asperger's syndrome, and you'll find that we're strictly logical and could care less about arbitrary things like race and gender, we only care about facts and knowledge.

edit on 22-5-2012 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

my IQ is between 130-150. i did not take an online IQ test, but a professional one. the psychologist told me that since i have asperger's syndrome, a more specialized test would be needed to accurately ascertain my actual score. look up the profile of people with asperger's syndrome, and you'll find that we're strictly logical and could care less about arbitrary things like race and gender, we only care about facts and knowledge.

I know exactly what Asperger's syndrome is, and no, not all people with Aspergers are strictly logical. Between 130 and 150?? No, if a professional gave you the test they would have been able to allow for the aspergers AND they would never, EVER give you a 20 point range so you are lying. I don't know why you're lying and don't really care, but it's a lie, nonetheless.

Mine is 168 and I was a member of MENSA until I dropped out of it due to lack of interest. I have training and education in testing and measurements so you're not going to be able to "pull one over on me" by making things up or pulling convenient factoids down from the internet. My degrees trump your wikipedia and imagination.

Save what face you can and walk away.... or keep going and deal with making a fool of yourself. The choice is yours.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

my asperger's syndrome was diagnosed a considerable period after the test, and if you actually have as much expertise as you claim, you'd know that professional IQ tests aren't cheap.

for someone with an IQ of 168 and a backround in the field, your reading comprehension is poor, and your knowledge of how IQ tests work is non existent.

A new study finds that traditional intelligence testing may be underestimating the capabilities of individuals displaying an autism spectrum disorder.

Researchers discovered Asperger’s individuals’ scores are much higher when they are evaluated by a test called Raven’s Progressive Matrices, which encompasses reasoning, novel problem-solving abilities, and high-level abstraction.

psychcentral.com...
but you'll obviously believe what you want and keep spouting the same nonsense, i feel sorry for you.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

my asperger's syndrome was diagnosed a considerable period after the test, and if you actually have as much expertise as you claim, you'd know that professional IQ tests aren't cheap.

for someone with an IQ of 168 and a backround in the field, your reading comprehension is poor, and your knowledge of how IQ tests work is non existent.

A new study finds that traditional intelligence testing may be underestimating the capabilities of individuals displaying an autism spectrum disorder.

Researchers discovered Asperger’s individuals’ scores are much higher when they are evaluated by a test called Raven’s Progressive Matrices, which encompasses reasoning, novel problem-solving abilities, and high-level abstraction.

psychcentral.com...
but you'll obviously believe what you want and keep spouting the same nonsense, i feel sorry for you.

I'll take that under consideration

Now scurry along

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
One of the most ridiculous notions that one can fathom is that people are born blank slates. 'Equality' is a social construct, enforced by those who fear the fact that people don't all have the same intellectual capacity, abilities, and the potential for success. We readily acknowledge inherent differences between males & females of every other species as well as between different breeds of the same species, including average intelligence and personality differences.

Major differences can be spotted between the average male & female baby of just a few days old. Black babies on average are able to sit up and walk at an earlier age than the average white baby, who in turn, can do those things at an earlier age then the average Asian baby. More money has been spent trying to close the education gap between white and black students than on sending a man to the moon...yet the problem still persists. Studies on identical twins separated at birth as well as identical twins in contrast to maternal twins show the major role genetics play in factors such as intelligence and personality

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArnoldNonymous
Everyone has equal brain power? Hmm and yet there still seems to be so many stupid people everywhere!

That's because they're all equally stupid

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Such hateful statements coming from a person who is preaching about deep held racist and sexist beliefs, be careful for you yourself will lend credit to those beliefs.

Or is that your intention?

So... according to you all people are supposed to be equal. No race or sex is better or smarter than another, all people are equally stupid. Except of course...

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

my IQ is between 130-150. i did not take an online IQ test, but a professional one. the psychologist told me that since i have asperger's syndrome, a more specialized test would be needed to accurately ascertain my actual score. look up the profile of people with asperger's syndrome, and you'll find that we're strictly logical and could care less about arbitrary things like race and gender, we only care about facts and knowledge.

I know exactly what Asperger's syndrome is, and no, not all people with Aspergers are strictly logical. Between 130 and 150?? No, if a professional gave you the test they would have been able to allow for the aspergers AND they would never, EVER give you a 20 point range so you are lying. I don't know why you're lying and don't really care, but it's a lie, nonetheless.

Mine is 168 and I was a member of MENSA until I dropped out of it due to lack of interest. I have training and education in testing and measurements so you're not going to be able to "pull one over on me" by making things up or pulling convenient factoids down from the internet. My degrees trump your wikipedia and imagination.

Save what face you can and walk away.... or keep going and deal with making a fool of yourself. The choice is yours.

You two... who are in fact smarter than everyone else, but not smart enough to avoid wasting time in petty arguments and (more than likely BS) IQ pushing on an internet forum. Man all us lowly sheep are in trouble if this is the extend of a 168 IQ.

The IQ is an all but a worthless means of measuring intelligence ability. A testament to the sheer stupidity that exists even within science; that someone could believe such a test would actually determine how smart someone is, and generations of people would come to rally around the concept of an "IQ" believing they are superior to others because they have a different number.

Yea, can you see what's happen here and take a step back? See how revealing it is?

Fact is black isn't the same as white, women aren't the same as men. You can sit around working out exactly how and how not this is, who's better than who and sort out all that garbage. Or you can just face reality: you are just the same as all these people you hate, you ARE those people. A bigot, an ego machine, a fundamentally stupid person that believes it's smart and right about everything it does and thinks.
edit on 28-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

thankfully someone else noticed purple being hypocritical. i don't hate you purple, nor am i angry, but step back and look at what you're saying.

i don't believe i'm worth more than anyone else because of an IQ score, though there are plenty of people who do view IQ that way (the group called "mensa" for one).

perhaps my argument with purple was largely a waste of time, but inaccuracies bother me and i feel compelled to correct them.

my main point can be summed up in the statement: "different, but equal."

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
seriously a scientific study was undertaken to prove this...

SERIOUSLY???????!?!?!?!?!??

Wow what a waste of money..

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

You two... who are in fact smarter than everyone else, but not smart enough to avoid wasting time in petty arguments and (more than likely BS) IQ pushing on an internet forum. Man all us lowly sheep are in trouble if this is the extend of a 168 IQ.

That should say "extent", not "extend". I guess that completely negates your argument by your logic

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

thankfully someone else noticed purple being hypocritical. i don't hate you purple, nor am i angry, but step back and look at what you're saying.

i don't believe i'm worth more than anyone else because of an IQ score, though there are plenty of people who do view IQ that way (the group called "mensa" for one).

perhaps my argument with purple was largely a waste of time, but inaccuracies bother me and i feel compelled to correct them.

my main point can be summed up in the statement: "different, but equal."

No, you were being egotistical, sexist and judgemental and I used your own line of logic to put you in your place. I only discuss things of that nature when the situation warrants and with you, it was warranted.
Go back and read your own words, step ouside of the situation and see how arrogant you looked. It angered you that a female had the highest recorded IQ as opposed to a male and that's what upset you. Flat out sexism.
It was clearly shown to you that the average male and average female brain is basically equal in intelligence. You wanted to dispute that due to your sexism and got very, very angry that a female was at the top, then you tried to argue about it due to your own "high IQ", which turned out to not be exceptionally high at all. The facts I stated are true, I don't discuss that with a lot of people because I have no desire to "lord things over on people", but in your case, I made an exception due to your concentration on that aspect. You fancy yourself as MENSA material, but you're not. There are many here that are, and I was actually in it and you needed to be shown that you don't qualify to take the veracity out of your egotism and sexism.
Even with my membership and my recorded results, that lady blows me out of the water and I'm perfectly fine with that. She's a genius and I admire that in her instead of being jealous of that in her.
Some of us prefer to find dates who can have intelligent conversations as opposed to dates who are "dumb as a rock" and will consider us to be a genius. Although that would be much easier for me than for you, that's not what I want.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Your appeal to sexism at almost every opportunity is very militant-like in my opinion. Just because people disagree with your opinion does not make them egotistical nor sexist. Your views were challenged and this angered you so you resorted to ad-hominem attacks hoping to silence your opponent.

There are more important things than intelligence and it's times like these I'm glad I fall in the average range.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join