It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science Proves Black People and Women Have Same Brainpower As White Men - Racists Proved Wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I thought this was common sense.

Be surprised how many people lack that...stuff.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
We REALLY needed science to tell us that? As if "blacks and women" have contributed nothing, to our world? Let's take a trip, shall we:

Well, for starters, you can forget your penthouse view, because without Alexander Mils' elevator, buildings wouldn't be very tall. The roads would be less crowded because Richard Spikes invented the automatic gearshift, Joseph Gambol invented the super charge system for internal combustion engines. Talk about traffic jams! Imagine the number of accidents without Garrett A. Morgan's traffic signal. Forget a Sunday ride on the Canal Street Car Line or the world-famous San Francisco cable cars – remember, the electric trolley was the creation of Albert R. Robinson. And imagine how long it would take to clean up after Mardi Gras without Charles Brooks' street sweeper! Writing would be a challenge without John Love's pencil sharpener, William Purvey's fountain pen, and Lee Barrage's typewriter. How would we print our magazine without W. A. Love's advanced printing press? Even if Americans could write letters, articles and books, they would have to hand-deliver them because William Barry invented the postmarking and canceling machine, William Purveys invented the hand stamp, and Philip Downing invented the letter drop. But, you couldn't read after dark anyway, because your home would be really dim without Lewis Lattimer's electric lamp, Michael Harvey's lantern. Once on, how would you turn your lamp off without Granville T. Woods' automatic on/off switch? The advantage to the darkness is that you wouldn't be able to see the dirty floors. You see, Thomas W. Steward invented the mop and Lloyd P. Ray invented the dust pan. Forget the beautifully manicured golf course greens. They'd be brown, overgrown and wilted without Joseph Smith's sprinkler system and John Burr's lawn mower. Summers in New Orleans would be unbearable without Fredrick Jones' air conditioner, and who could survive winter in Boston without Alice Parker's heating furnace? Finally, forget all our famous southern dishes. They'd all spoil without the refrigerator, which was invented by John Standard.
Source
Check out more stuff dem der black folk invented:
A-Z Listing of African-American Inventions

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
and where is George Washington Carver on that list?

what can I say? I like me some peanuts.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
i'm going to disagree to a degree. it depends on what you define "intelligence/brainpower" as.

men are on average better at left brain tasks, while women are better at right brained tasks (one reason why women are usually more socially integrated and in touch with their feelings and men are usually better at math/spatial reasoning).

Many a myth has grown up around the brain's asymmetry. The left cerebral hemisphere is supposed to be the coldly logical, verbal and dominant half of the brain, while the right developed a reputation as the imaginative side, emotional, spatially aware but suppressed. Two personalities in one head, Yin and Yang, hero and villain.

To most neuroscientists, of course, these notions are seen as simplistic at best and nonsense at worst.

Source
aka, nonsense...if your an emotional basketcase, you don't blame a side of your brain, your just an emotional basketcase..same for being a stick in the mud passionless robot...

Some people can sing and do math equally well

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Silly me, how could i forget what our WOMEN have done for our society. They didn't just birth smart men, ya know:

Although better known for her Silver Screen exploits, Austrian actress Hedy Lamarr (born Hedwig Eva Maria Kiesler) also became a pioneer in the field of wireless communications following her emigration to the United States. The international beauty icon, along with co-inventor George Anthiel, developed a "Secret Communications System" to help combat the Nazis in World War II. By manipulating radio frequencies at irregular intervals between transmission and reception, the invention formed an unbreakable code to prevent classified messages from being intercepted by enemy personnel.
Famous WOMEN Inventors

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Women and blacks wanted to have brains like white men.

Doesn't anyone have higher goals than that?!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 20-5-2012 by wildapache because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

i'm going to disagree to a degree. it depends on what you define "intelligence/brainpower" as.

men are on average better at left brain tasks, while women are better at right brained tasks (one reason why women are usually more socially integrated and in touch with their feelings and men are usually better at math/spatial reasoning).

as for differences between races (the op demonstrates his bias by only including two races out of many), well....there's a reason more professional athletes are black than white, or any other race by a large ratio, and there's a reason why there are many indians and asians in top tier intellectual fields.

find happiness in what you have. always wishing for more will cause you pain and get you nowhere. often you'll find you have exactly what you wanted all along.

actually, that's not true.
In the 50's, 60's, 70's... boys were expected to do better than girls, so they did. When that was taken away and all were given the same expectation, the same expectation was made. It wasn't the boys and girls, it was the adults who were steering them toward being good or bad.

Here are some links that may interest you

www.nytimes.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoonra
Women and blacks wanted to have brains like white men.

Doesn't anyone have higher goals than that?!

As a white man...
I would like to have brains like a japanese person.

Sadly, this is not 100% humor...seriously...I do believe if there are racial differences in brainpower, it will be the asians that are above the curve.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

+1 more 
posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'd like to offer an observation and pose a question.

Black athletes dominate in almost every major sport by large percentages do they not? So physically I suggest they are "better" or at least superior when it comes to performing all the things necessary to excel in professional sports.

Some people are more intelligent than others, this is also a fact. Is it possible one race is more intelligent than another as a whole? Statistics can lie, but often shed some real light on things. What if there is some truth to it? It doesn't necessarily mean it's the "white" race that's more intelligent either.

All men are not created equally. In the real world, many factors play a role in shaping this, but the end result is what it is.

Even if the truth is uncomfortable and politically incorrect to some, should we really deny it?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

your source...well.....isn't really a source at all. they conducted a simple test and found that the left side focuses on details and the right side focuses on the big picture. this is congruent with my previous statements. ironically enough, the article espouses that "simplistic left versus right comparisons" are a myth while performing a simple test and taking more away from it than what actually exists.

different parts of the brain do different things. different aspects of speech are in different areas, same with math and every other function our brains can do. you use pretty much your whole brain, but different people have different parts that work better or worse, and much of it has to do with brain plasticity and use.

do some research on modern studies of brain damage, autism, acquired savantism, and transcranial magnetic stimulation/transcranial direct current stimulation.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

on average, boys will outperform girls in math, logic, and spatial reasoning.

the graphic in this article is quite telling. www.britannica.com...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This just in:

Study shows that some studies are a complete waste of money.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
What in the heck do you think they would say? Seriously. No matter what the results were.

"Black people and women aren't as smart as white men" etc.

Dude. You are making me waste finger energy. And others.

Please stop.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I grew up in Queens NY had lots of black friends and from this experience I thought white people were smarter and black people were better at sports. (I don't think this anymore) As I grew into my mid teens I shed my father's racial stereotypes.

While I still think the average black friends I had weren't as smart as my white friends it wasn't because of our brain capacity, but from upbringing, expectations placed on them or lack there of, and financial burdens which puts stress on schoolwork.

This is changing nowadays and minorities have more opportunities, live in better neighborhoods, and make more money. However, things aren't exactly equal because there are still many minorities living in underprivileged surroundings compared to white people, and not given the same chances.

I see this changing to an equal measure in the years to come as the quality of equality improves.

Test score gap

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

I agree that not all people are created equal.

However, all races and genders are created equal.

Sports really? Whites are just naturally better at hockey I guess? That is more a matter of environment I would think.

Black people, white people, asian people, even pacific islanders have all contributed to mankind.

European men just cornered the market in claiming credit for a long time.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It all comes down to how much education a person has received. And their willingness to use and act upon said knowledge. Color or sex has little to do with anything.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

And as you see, the gap is decreasing as schools are becoming more inclusive instead of prompting only boys to do well.
Since I'm in education, I know the steps that are being taken and the studies that exist that show this is the case.
For many decades, boys were favored, so they did better. Now that they are taking away the favortism, that gap is decreasing significantly. Other studies from the same time as yours show very different results and newer studies show interaction between the graphs with girls outperforming boys in some, boys outperforming girls in others and the averages pretty much converging.
It wasn't a gender issue as much as it was a societal issue and with that being addressed, we see the true results.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

This is a much more recent study than the one you posted (yours-07, this one-12). As I said, with changes in eduation, the gap is converging showing it was a societal issue, not a gender issue at all.
www.ams.org...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join