It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science Proves Black People and Women Have Same Brainpower As White Men - Racists Proved Wrong

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Your appeal to sexism at almost every opportunity is very militant-like in my opinion. Just because people disagree with your opinion does not make them egotistical nor sexist. Your views were challenged and this angered you so you resorted to ad-hominem attacks hoping to silence your opponent.

There are more important things than intelligence and it's times like these I'm glad I fall in the average range.

Gotta have fun somehow

I tend to reflect what is dished out to the opposite extreme. Works well.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

It angered you that a female had the highest recorded IQ as opposed to a male and that's what upset you. Flat out sexism.

*sigh* no. i was attempting to correct you. her "highest" IQ score was incorrect, and i posted plenty of sources to back that up.

i've already stated that i'd RATHER be a woman than a man, so isn't it more logical that i was disputing an inaccuracy and not being sexist?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

It angered you that a female had the highest recorded IQ as opposed to a male and that's what upset you. Flat out sexism.

*sigh* no. i was attempting to correct you. her "highest" IQ score was incorrect, and i posted plenty of sources to back that up.

i've already stated that i'd RATHER be a woman than a man, so isn't it more logical that i was disputing an inaccuracy and not being sexist?

And I posted sources saying it was correct and showing the fallacy of your sources. You are welcome to keep the opinion you wish to keep.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ever since mass IQ-testing began, East Asians have in average scored the highest, followed by whites, and then blacks. I'm not sure how big the gap between East Asians and whites is, but the gap between whites and blacks has remained the same, about 15-20 points, for many decades. In average, men also score higher than women, but e.g. East Asian women score higher than white men (again, in average). Some say it's genes. Some say it's culture. Some say it's genes and culture. Politically 'correct' people refute reality and deny the existence of these results altogether.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
First off the article says between race variation differences exist, and secondly the article states individual differences are the most significant, so even if hypothetically all races were equal, all individuals are still different, so the truth is DIFFERENCE not equality. Equality is the ideal but in nature, difference is reality.
edit on 29-5-2012 by Lord Jules because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
Ever since mass IQ-testing began, East Asians have in average scored the highest, followed by whites, and then blacks. I'm not sure how big the gap between East Asians and whites is, but the gap between whites and blacks has remained the same, about 15-20 points, for many decades. In average, men also score higher than women, but e.g. East Asian women score higher than white men (again, in average). Some say it's genes. Some say it's culture. Some say it's genes and culture. Politically 'correct' people refute reality and deny the existence of these results altogether.

That's just it, in the past, that has been the case. More recent testing has shown the averages converging thanks to education no longer focusing only on white males in this country. If white males were the only ones going to school, then yes, they would score higher. As equality in treatment progresses, equality in results will also progress.

The Asians who are stuck over here end up trending toward our lower average. If someone with a lower average at age 5 were to move to Asia and grow up in their system, by the time they were 18, their average would then be considered high by our standards.
Genetics do play a role, but environment plays a role as well. One can sometimes outweigh the other if it's in an extreme.
edit on 29-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by rhinoceros

That's just it, in the past, that has been the case. More recent testing has shown the averages converging thanks to education no longer focusing only on white males in this country. If white males were the only ones going to school, then yes, they would score higher. As equality in treatment progresses, equality in results will also progress.

The Asians who are stuck over here end up trending toward our lower average. If someone with a lower average at age 5 were to move to Asia and grow up in their system, by the time they were 18, their average would then be considered high by our standards.
Genetics do play a role, but environment plays a role as well. One can sometimes outweigh the other if it's in an extreme.

Here are some R^2 values on IQ:

Same person (tested twice) 0.95
Identical twins—Reared together 0.86
Identical twins—Reared apart 0.76
Fraternal twins—Reared together 0.55
Fraternal twins—Reared apart 0.35
Biological siblings—Reared together 0.47
Biological siblings—Reared apart 0.24
Unrelated children—Reared together 0.30
Parent-child—Living together 0.42
Parent-child—Living apart 0.22
Adoptive parent–child—Living together 0.19

These numbers go to show that IQ is highly heritable, but that environment also plays a role. For reference, R^2 of smoking and lung cancer is something like 0.4. As to your 'more recent testing', care to provide a reference? Th is recent study (2010) concludes:

Predictions about the Black–White IQ gap narrowing due to the secular rise is based on faith rather than evidence. There is no more reason to expect Black–White differences in IQ to narrow as a result of the secular rise in IQ than to expect male– female differences in height to narrow as a result of the secular rise in height. The (mostly heritable) cause of the one is not the (mostly environmental) cause of the other. From the present perspective, the Flynn Effect (the secular rise in IQ) is not a Jensen Effect (because it does not occur on g).

Also, if you look at e.g. Pisa scores, it's very clear that Asian Americans perform much better than European/African Americans (in fact they perform just as expected). inb4 somebody calls me a racist.
edit on 29-5-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

And I posted sources saying it was correct and showing the fallacy of your sources. You are welcome to keep the opinion you wish to keep.

actually all you've said is "your source is wikipedia, ergo your argument is irrelevant"

my source is actually a book, called IQ 101, written by one of the foremost experts on IQ tests. i've posted the quote several times, but you never seem to read it.

Alan S. Kaufman, a psychology professor and an author of IQ tests, writes in IQ Testing 101 that "Miss Savant was given an old version of the Stanford-Binet (Terman & Merrill 1937), which did, indeed, use the antiquated formula of MA/CA × 100. But in the test manual's norms, the Binet does not permit IQs to rise above 170 at any age, child or adult. And the authors of the old Binet stated: 'Beyond fifteen the mental ages are entirely artificial and are to be thought of as simply numerical scores.' (Terman & Merrill 1937).... the psychologist who came up with an IQ of 228 committed an extrapolation of a misconception, thereby violating almost every rule imaginable concerning the meaning of IQs."[9]

the stanford-binet test she was given has a maximum allowable IQ of 170, the very test she "achieved" 228 on. your reluctance to accept this is frustrating and does not make me sexist, it merely shows your willful ignorance
edit on 29-5-2012 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdwardKill

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Note to OP: The year is 2012, not 1965.

This kind of thing is pretty much common knowledge and accepted by most people. People are equals regardless of race or gender, so they should be treated like it.

I am from Brazil and have always been told womens had much smaller brains than men and same w
ith blacks.

Many scientists have said this over the years that blacks and women should not be allowed to fly airplane or do other things like be a doctor or a lawyer.

I'm very excited to know that what I have believed all my life was true that blacks and women and men ARE equal. I have always believed this and now recent science has proven this. Makes me very happy

Well, I'm happy you're happy, but if you needed this study to confirm that we black folk were just as smart as whites, clearly you bought into it somewhat, which is sad
and, as a student pilot, and as someone whose cousin(now deceased) was an ASTRONAUT, I can assure you and anyone else who wonders, that black folks are plenty smart enough to fly. Ask any Tuskegee airman

Edit: This is why people of color have to be twice as good as Any white person at, well, anything just to be considered "average". A constant, persistent denial of our abilities. Even in 2012, we still can't shake it.
edit on 2-6-2012 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
How many watts is the average brain?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I remembered this conversation when I saw a story on the internet today... guess this answers the question:

now.msn.com...

For all the ladies out there who've always had a sneaky suspicion they are smarter than men, we have an affirming piece of news for you: Women's IQ scores have surpassed men for the first time in recorded history. Although females have traditionally lagged behind on IQ scores -- at times trailing the guys by five points -- the gap has been closing, and leading expert James Flynn says the new test challenges former beliefs about genetic differences. One theory is that juggling work and kids has made women better multi-taskers, thus raising IQ. Another theory is women have a slightly higher potential intelligence that is only now being realized due to modernity

... of course I worry more about individuals than large groups dependent on gender or race, but I also enjoy blowing sexist and racist views out of the water... even if at my own detriment

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
OP you sound like you're relieved that you don't have to be a racist anymore.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

... of course I worry more about individuals than large groups dependent on gender or race, but I also enjoy blowing sexist and racist views out of the water... even if at my own detriment

Would you like to explain how men having higher IQ's than women is sexist, but women having higher IQ's than men isn't sexist?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Yep the world IQ chart is absolute proof that we are all equal

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdwardKill
Not sure if you guys know about this but recent science has proved despite years of belief that both black people and women have as much brain power as white men.

Throughout much of the early 20th century many peoples said that black and women should not be allowed to vote and should be descriminated against.

I have alwasy been against these discriminations because every1 knows we're all equal but recent science proves this.

This is an article in 2003 from Washington University that proves that there is no biological difference between the brains of different races.

this is an education article about how womens minds are also equal to the man's minds

www.education.com...

So races and genders is NOT a factor in intelligence and brianpower despite years of racism and sexism trying to tell us the contrary.

How silly is is LOL u see if u listen to the "MEDICAL ESTABLIHSMENT" for years u would be a racist and a sexist but I NEVER was.

That why is SO important u make up ur OWN MIND and think. Recent science proves it

ALL RACES ARE EQUAL and WOMEN AND MEN ARE EQUAL

then why are blacks at the bottom of the heap then?

name a black tv or black ipod or a black computer or a black tank or a black missile.

or a black cellphone

can you?

they are all white.proving you wrong.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
By definition, half of the people are below average.

Think about it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Name a black missile or a black laser or a black tv or a black ipad or iphone....see? you can't.

proving me right again.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
So now women are as smart as men, people of color are as smart as white people.... so it's finally ok to be a black woman and not be thought of as an idiot? Good for them!!

Well white fellas, guess our "reign of terror" is over and we'll just have to start treating other people with dignity and respect. Easy for some of us, and much, much more difficult for others! Bout time the chauvanistic bigots are called on their crap!

....hey, isn't there a study somewhere that says gay people are more intelligent on average? That'll REALLY get the chauvanistic, bigoted, bible belt rednecks upset!!!

(*** redneck isn't always a bad thing, it's just when chauvanistic and bigoted is added to it as many "rednecks" are very good poeple who don't judge others aren don't live for the soul purpose of drinking and fighting....although they mostly go by the term "country folk" or "hillbilly" these days to escape the negative connotation brought about by the ilk of Westboro Baptist Church and those like them who claim not to be but really are)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

Name a black missile or a black laser or a black tv or a black ipad or iphone....see? you can't.

proving me right again.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

proving me right again.

Look that is not funny or smart.

what i meant was black invented/manufactured tank,iphone,ipad,laser...

here is the clincher.

When has anyone ever seen anything with a label like this:-

Made In Africa.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join