It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed drones now flying over the US

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The video is fake, that much is obvious. Looks like someone has spent a few hours in After Effects.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
People will be shooting these little nasty spys right out of the skys... Just my opinion. AND WHY NOT? They are un-manned! Its "unsolicited" preemptive war by our own government on our own people!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
an article I linked earlier stated the drones have to fly WITHIN 400 ft of the ground, not thousands of feet up in the air

Drones must fly within 400 feet (122 meters) of the ground, remain in sight of the operator and stay clear of airports, the FAA said.

link www.bloomberg.com...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

The Illinois National Guard said it is already conducting training flights of its Shadow drone within Illinois airspace.

news.medill.northwestern.edu...

The Illinois National Guard Shadow Platoon is the first and only U.S. Army Unit allowed to fly the RQ-7B exclusively in National Airspace in United States Aviation History.

www.examiner.com...

I understand conspiracy theorey and it is justified and neccessary to ask questions, but at the same time our troops do need to train on operating drones before deployment.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
an article I linked earlier stated the drones have to fly WITHIN 400 ft of the ground, not thousands of feet up in the air

Drones must fly within 400 feet (122 meters) of the ground, remain in sight of the operator and stay clear of airports, the FAA said.

link www.bloomberg.com...

Those are the small RC drones that police would like to use.

I think the type of drones being discussed here are more of the military type. But yes you are correct in the drones you are discussing.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

This happened even faster than I expected.

You and me both. I expected we would at least have 1 year of unarmed drones in our skies before they armed them, but I guess not. My heart sank when word first started to spread not too long ago about the US allowing these drones in our air space. This worries me so, especially with all killing these drones have done in the Middle East. I know this is America and not the ME, but still, drone operators killing targets safely from behind a computer screen worries me so.
I have to laugh at this.. Cause I seen a predator over 2 years go flying over the highway in PA. So.. You just werent looking for them to know they have been flying for over a year without weapons. Its a sad country.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

there's NOTHING anyone can do

You're so very wrong there. What you should've said is "no one knows HOW to do anything" (concerning the ptb).
People just don't know, including me, everyone's lost in a labyrinth called the system.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Regarldess of the video is a fake or not, I dont see how this is a problem. We do get monitored without the drones already (internet, phones, satellites). Only thing I see a problem if one of them has a malfunction and crash lands injuring/killing/damaging people/properties. If you're not doing anything wrong, what is there to worry? Its that simple. Drones are already being used around the world by several militaries but also sorta to extend the capability of the existing law enforcement agencies in addition to several other uses.

WIKI_LINK

AUSSIE_POLICE_DRONE_USE

UAS_FOR_INDIAN_CRICKET_MATCH
edit on 16-5-2012 by hp1229 because: add links

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

What happens on 5/20?

Second line.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I have been seeing these drones for years. The folk here at ATS tell me I'm nuts. Maybe now some of you will start to see the real pickle of a situation we got going here in the states

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Sad........

I would think,this has been gonig on awhile. Freedom is not Freedom,anymore.

S&F

Fortunately, we will always be free to do and believe exactly as they say. It is apparently the only truly inalienable right we have in America.

I have been trying hard lately to remember what things were like prior to 9/11, in order to develop a coherent mental picture of the contrast then and now. I really believe spy drones, armed or unarmed, buzzing around American skies would have been considered an impossible outrage against our freedoms prior to 9/11.

Now we just roll over and take it. Darn that Osama, how could he have known that we would utterly transform our society in response to 9/11? Maybe he really did hate our freedoms.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatientZer0
What is wrong with you idiots and the, "It's Fake" crap?!

Are you brain-dead zombies now?! A generation of blathering idiots weened on xbox and ipods is what we have here folks. Real is fake, Fake is real for them.

Oh God, this is going to be a catastrophe of epic proportions when it kicks off.

Umm...No.

It's fake. I wouldn't believe everything you see or hear on the internet, especially YouTube. The video was most likely done in After Effects. Although, one of the big flaws of the video is that the drone layer should've had more blur added to it to make it more realistic.

Sorry hunny buns, but this video is indeed fake.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Regarldess of the video is a fake or not, I dont see how this is a problem. We do get monitored without the drones already (internet, phones, satellites). Only thing I see a problem if one of them has a malfunction and crash lands injuring/killing/damaging people/properties. If you're not doing anything wrong, what is there to worry? Its that simple. Drones are already being used around the world by several militaries but also sorta to extend the capability of the existing law enforcement agencies in addition to several other uses.

It's not that me, you or anyone else is doing anything wrong. Some of us strongly believe the government is doing many, many things wrong.

Why give them absolute control over everything ?
Why spend hundreds of billions on total overkill weapon systems?
They want 30,000 drones flying over the US.
Any idea what the total cost of that might be (predator drones are over $50 million each)?
Couldn't that money be put to better use like rebuilding bridges or education or healthcare?
I'm not doing anything wrong, the people with the drones are.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

But how are we to believe a video even ? In today's world of fake vids and who knows about the people behind the video ? We can't trust anything we see and nothing of what we hear. Frankly I only commented because it's you OP!
A longtime member of good standing and a mod.

SnF just the same.
edit on 16-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

This country is circling the bowel.

One of the funniest (and truest) misspellings I've ever read.
Classic!

Bowels before bowls. Keep the sequence straight.

News like this scares the feces out of me too. I hope to see these guys blown out of the sky left and right. Americans have guns for a reason. That reason is to defend our liberty from the government.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is a video of a police drone in the UK. It was filmed over Stonehenge in 2009, it's obviously not armed, but still an assault on civil liberties in my opinion. At least you guys in the States have the guns to take these things out. Especially if you believe they are armed. How are you to know who it belongs to? Surely taking one down could be considered self defense?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Originally posted by hp1229

It's not that me, you or anyone else is doing anything wrong. Some of us strongly believe the government is doing many, many things wrong.

Why give them absolute control over everything ?
Why spend hundreds of billions on total overkill weapon systems?
They want 30,000 drones flying over the US.
Any idea what the total cost of that might be (predator drones are over $50 million each)?
Couldn't that money be put to better use like rebuilding bridges or education or healthcare?
I'm not doing anything wrong, the people with the drones are.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

I agree to that. The money definitely could be well spent on other much needed aspects of the economy. However how much control do we have over the decision? Is there any online petition against the drone useage? Let us know and perhaps that would be worthwhile to sign as most of the times, the issues simply get criticized but not much comes out of it on ATS and outside ATS.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

And the obvious question here is....... Why are they watching people who are interested in stonehenge ? We must understand that some of these drones have to be tested right ?

Not to mention I could take that sucker down with a common rock.

The people should capture one and back engineer. Follow the bankers around with em.

edit on 16-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
No offense to our moderator OP, but this isn't real.
There is no way in hell an armed Predator drone is flying
over ANY civilian areas. Of the 2 true powers (oil & insurance)
Insurance would never, ever, ever, let a hot cargo drone fly over
populated cities. Ever. Thats a stupid crazy risk they would never allow.
Ever. Did I mention ever?
I fly Rc planes and they are far too unpredictable
(yes even the $1,000,0000 ones)
to be weponized over the US.
Pakistan sure. Not here though.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Here is a video of a drone flying over a town in Syria. It isn't very high up and looks about the same as the video in the OP.

So yes, drones fly at all different altitudes.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join