It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed drones now flying over the US

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I thought that the President and Commander In Chief said that "the war on terror was over." Perhaps it is over but...."the war on Terra" is then just beginning.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I actually dont see the issue here, these are no different to a manned chopper in the sky that you will often see daily.

You are not on a hit list, these things are not going to shoot you, they are there for for protection

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
This happened even faster than I expected. Caught flying over a ball game in Elgin, Illinois this predator drone appears to be carry armament packages on wing pods.
I feel this is the last straw for freedom in the US, as the government's current plans for 30,000 of these would give them surveillance and attack capabilities everywhere in the US at all times and in nearly all types of weather.
No doubt this is for the upcoming NATO summit in Chicago but what really are they for? How could these possibly deter terrorists?
I find this to be a troubling harbinger of things to come.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

edit on 15-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Predator drones are prop driven and what we hear in the video sounds (to me) like a jet.

Which suggests it being fake to me.

Compare:

Then there's the difference in the model varients, the one filmed looks more like a MQ-1 whilst the US border patrol are using MQ-9's.

I would have thought that if it were real, it would be one of the border patrol drones...

edit on 16/5/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Hope this hasn't already been posted as I read the first few pages and started researching.

Found this:

Public safety agencies will be able to operate unmanned aircraft with fewer restrictions, in the first changes in U.S. regulations that Congress ordered to broaden domestic use of non-military drones.

Drones must fly within 400 feet (122 meters) of the ground, remain in sight of the operator and stay clear of airports, the FAA said.

Congress is encouraging more U.S. drone flights under a law that became final on Feb. 14, with the goal of adapting technology used by the military in Iraq and Afghanistan. The law also requires the FAA to name six test sites by June and integrate drones into the U.S. aviation system by 2015.

Emphasis mine. MORE US drone flights implies they've already been doing it. Whether the OP's video is real, I don't know. But th government admits they are already using them.

link: www.bloomberg.com...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
With the NATO meeting in that general area, this isn't very surprising. This sort of thing is what those things are all about. Some are armed, but most of them are used for low cost areal surveillance. My son in law's last deployment was OIC in charge of AF/PAC electronic intel data analysis. Drones were a big part of their mission.

Soon enough local news stations will rent time on those for traffic updates. Don't tell that to the traffic chopper guys. That kind of talk really pisses them off.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

There are 29,999 more of these drones (perhaps of different sizes and types) in the wings. I dont think that they are all for NATO or G-8 meetings or even presidential speeches. Once rolled out will they be put away?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thanks for highlighting this topic. Whether or not this video is real, drones are here already.

By 2020 we are to have 30,000 drones in the US, that's less than eight years from now.

Supposedly, these drones are for surveillance only. So they say.

What excuse do they need to arm them? Will they need an excuse?

edit on 16-5-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genus
I just now watched the video the OP had and i must say... That looks an awful lot like CGI. I hate the idea of Drones flying around watching us and/or ready to shoot us, but in that particular video? I believe I must declare Shenanigans.

I agree. Something is off with this video. I'm starting to lean towards CGI.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Talk about making 2+2=5
did you look at the possible reason and to be honest the video is not that good to make any claims!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

the flag is fluttering while the drone flys.Doubtful its CGI.I am leaning towards real.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Seen plenty of these over us skies before at least three in the boston area, I call them UAV's because thats what they are.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Fake or no fake, it's still disturbing that Obama signed the bill to release these drones over US airspace. What is the purpose of it? Who stands to make money from this? What event is coming that would deem these things necessary?

I'd start checking members of Congress to see if any of them have recently, or in the past, invested in companies that manufacture the drones.

And on the topic of the authenticity of this video: I'll forward the link to a few film maker friends of mine. They are both very talented video editors and film makers and should be able to tell me whether or not this video is indeed fake. I'll post another comment in the thread once I've touched base with them.

If it's real, then We The People have truly lost.

-TS
edit on 16-5-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
All countries have the thumb of oppression pushing it's people down. Ours is FREEDOM. Which should be changed to FEARDOM. How is it possible these drones are in and over American soil? On who's authority? Does it belong to state or local agency or Federal Government?

How long before one of the "stable" army guys goes on a drone tangent and acts out a video game & takes out a couple of heighborhoods or sporting events with his "drone skills". Or that county sheriff uses it to spy on his cheating wife....Then take her out.

It's just like the other poster said, First one, then two, then just like the chemtrails we all see, we will become accustomed to seeing them all the time. Then that, will be normal. After awhile the sheeple will say, " Their there to protect us, all hail the drone" Sheeple Nation being lead to slaughter...Nothing good will come from this. Nothing.

IMHO the only place these drones need to be used is our pourous southern border, stop the onslaught of illegals & drug runners coming from that southern direction.
edit on 16-5-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I've thought long and hard on this, and the only solution, as many have said earlier, is to shoot them down.

The time is coming to take back our government. They aren't even over stepping anymore, they're flying right past the line they weren't supposed to cross.

A revolution (not the pretty kind) is seeming more rational every. single. day.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
That video didn't look right. I'm not saying drones arnt flying over Chicago. But that video looks wonky to me. Not organic enough. Perhaps is the pan and zoom that does it and the way the drone seems to slide across the screen.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

30,000 drones in the sky by 2020. Isn't that grand, well guys it's for the best, we need national security now more then ever with the growing terrorist threat.

I wouldn't be surprised if they start initiating curfews.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
My mind has been churning around thoughts on Drones since they hit the scene some years ago. My main concern has been that these "Robots" (that is what they are, right now they have some Human guidance but you can bet the Pentagon is trying to do away with that) make war easier because there are no soldiers at risk. No Mothers to console if one is shot down etc. etc.

If that predator was armed (can't really be for sure in the video) this only feeds into my speculation.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienNobEnd

Oh right protection from ?

well that makes it all the better then doesnt it , considering that they really dont need them for protection when your supposed to be protected by the police in a domestic situation.

Those drones arent there to protect you or any other citizen.
They are their to protect the government nothing else

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
My question is, why was is over Elgin, IL, and flying so low. There is no AF base near there, and it would take FAA approval to fly that near to OHare.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I see something odd about the drone. If you freeze frame and magnify, it has a blue outline around it. Kind of like the actual picture of the drone was taken in a blue sky,then patched onto this video. I'm not an expert on any of this, have no idea even how to use Photoshop or any of that stuff. That blue outline just raises a red flag. He doesn't aim the camera AT the drone, just waits for it to fly in to the frame, then doesn't follow it, just lets it fly out of frame.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join