It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed drones now flying over the US

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
you guys seem to be missing the true reason this video was posted to youtube.. read the description.. the guy said he assumes that its there for the NATO summit for security.. he claims nothing else but that.. hard to believe its a "hoax" when hes not claiming any type of "conspiracy"..

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Meh.. what's the difference between armed F-15 or F-22s flying over your neighborhood, or unarmed drones? I'd be more worried about the manned jets - they can hold a much nastier payload. They've been flying over for ages, not much complaint about it. They routinely fly over my neighborhood. Sometimes several times in a day.

With over 3700 jets, I don't think it really matters if drones or jets are flying around our skies. It's a little too late to be worried about armed aircraft over your town.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

LEGALIZE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!!!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
we all know that the government loves to pretend to fail to forward an agenda, right? we always forgive them and accept whatever 'solution' was meant for us all along. they are brilliant at this execution.

would it be that unimaginable to hear that one of the armed drones was taken over by terrorists within our borders? everyone saw how easily Iran captured control, regardless of the encryption purportedly utilized, of the unmanned drone in their airspace.

i somehow wonder if this will become a story in the news.

"Today, control an unmanned and armed drone was captured by a rogue group operating within..."

who knows... hopefully, I am reaching in my speculation.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
This happened even faster than I expected. Caught flying over a ball game in Elgin, Illinois this predator drone appears to be carry armament packages on wing pods.

So what's the big deal? If you knew anything about the SOPs on security especially during times like the NATO Summit, you would have understood what this means.

No doubt this is for the upcoming NATO summit in Chicago but what really are they for? How could these possibly deter terrorists?

Yes! this is a precaution against terrorists in case of a terror strike. This implies optimal deployment of all available resources keeping the threat perception in mind.

Threat Perception = capabilities + intentions of the adversaries. (In this case terrorists). So you'd need to use your resources optimally, and this includes UCAVs to take them out in case the need arises.

I find this to be a troubling harbinger of things to come.

Why do Americans always get into panic mode and see a conspiracy where there's none? Relax. Don't worry, be happy. You ain't the target. (They wouldn't waste a million dollar missile on you, would they?
)

edit on 16-5-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Does anyone remember seeing those prototype, 4 legged hunter-killer robot "dogs" from a few years ago? I wonder when "hunting season" starts....and those drone dogs get released??

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It's a radio controlled UAV judging by the low altitude, speed, size, and dimensions. A couple people fly these at my local RC club, they look the real thing.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Ok timeout...wait a second here. Drones don't make any noise but yet he is able to point the camera to a spot for us to see? Now if this was a UFO video people would be screaming CGI. These types of Drones fly at between 10,000 and 30,000 feet. I'm calling fake here. Sorry.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What if the ANT was as big as a HORSE? Wouldn't you love to have a few of these flying around to KEEP YOU SAFE? They are preparing for a butt kicking, but I'm afraid it has nothing to to with us. Read Joel chapter 2 and you'll catch my drift. GALAXY TROOPERS ON!!!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
This happened even faster than I expected. Caught flying over a ball game in Elgin, Illinois this predator drone appears to be carry armament packages on wing pods.
I feel this is the last straw for freedom in the US, as the government's current plans for 30,000 of these would give them surveillance and attack capabilities everywhere in the US at all times and in nearly all types of weather.
No doubt this is for the upcoming NATO summit in Chicago but what really are they for? How could these possibly deter terrorists?
I find this to be a troubling harbinger of things to come.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

edit on 15-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

It looks like CGI to me.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Sorry if this offends anyone but....these accusations are completely ridiculous. This is nothing different than the armed fighter jets that fly over your head every single day. None of you are important enough to become the object of expensive military surveillance such as this and definitely not enough to become a tactical target so you can crawl out of your bunkers now. Also, for whoever said that this is not needed here because this is not the middle east, you have spent too much time talking and not enough time reading. Do you have any idea how many terrorist organizations secretly operate from inside the us? Terrorism isn't just foreign and would you rather have a drone making precision strikes on someone who endangers you or put many other people at risk with more complex operations?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
hmmmm i call fake.

the way the video is shot seems unnatrual, he turns around then waits for the drone to come in view and does not follow it when it leaves the sight of the camera?? then continues to stand for a few seconds more...

i thought these things fly at thousands of feet anyway??

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

i hope all americans will take this as seriously as they should and understand just how bad this really is.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Considering most terrorists prefer to blow themselves up with their bombs, I can't see how a drone will deter them or stop them for that matter. Even if they were driving a bomb laden vehicle into the building, the drone blowing up the vehicle would also detonate the bomb and probably cause more harm than just the terrorists.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by PissedOffMarine
Sorry if this offends anyone but....these accusations are completely ridiculous. This is nothing different than the armed fighter jets that fly over your head every single day. None of you are important enough to become the object of expensive military surveillance such as this and definitely not enough to become a tactical target so you can crawl out of your bunkers now. Also, for whoever said that this is not needed here because this is not the middle east, you have spent too much time talking and not enough time reading. Do you have any idea how many terrorist organizations secretly operate from inside the us? Terrorism isn't just foreign and would you rather have a drone making precision strikes on someone who endangers you or put many other people at risk with more complex operations?
i would rather not sacrifice freedom for safety and i would rather change foreign policy so we don't have to worry about terrorists coming over to do us harm from us pissing on their land.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

reply to post by Jenkouk

True.
But they do have to come in to refuel, rearm, and for maintenance. That involves landing and taking off again, so the altitude would be fairly low at points.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenkouk
hmmmm i call fake.

the way the video is shot seems unnatrual, he turns around then waits for the drone to come in view and does not follow it when it leaves the sight of the camera?? then continues to stand for a few seconds more...

Exactyl!

The object in general also appears to be CGI, just the way it flies and looks. The guy;s acting in that one sentence was also terrible.

Welcome to ATS and you receive a star for that comment

edit on 16-5-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This video is complete B.S.

I was a F-16 crew chief, I worked end of runway for a few months as part of such, got to see all kinds of jets take off and land, loop up and away, straight off or climb up and off.

The way this drone is, it shouldn't be going straight, it should be turning left, a hard left at that. Meaning it would be getting smaller due to leaving the person filming. Not to mention this guy hears it, and turns right for it, on a cloudy day that sound will be bouncing off of those clouds making it harder to hear if these were to be truly heard at all, if not in full burn.

The object is question also looks remarkably focused and sharp while everything else is not.

And lastly, if drones are being flown over USA, you are not very likely going to see it.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: to add a double dose of B.S. to that video's creditials.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I don't know if the video is real or not....I am no expert.

My spin on the drone thing is this....perhaps these (non-maned) drones really do have someone inside of them...at certain times.

Maybe the (no one is in there) drone flights are (at certain times) a coverup for (aliens from other planets) who are allowed (every now and then) to fly around and take a peak at us.

I know I may get flamed for my opinion...sooooo.... go ahead and prove this isn't true.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Ugh! Seriously?! Already?!

The worst is going to be when one of these drones has an accident, killing some innocents in the name of 'freedom'. Then how is the public going to react?
The people of Pakistan and Yemen among other countries have been dealing with these 'death dealers from above' for a while now, and it is soon to be at your neighbourhood, making sure you don't break the rules.

Can you imagine a strike on...say a bank robber... they take out his car while he flees, but in the process wastes a family of 4 driving in the SUV in the other lane... I can just see the official release:

'In an effort to protect and save the lives of Americans from bad domestic terrorists, we found it necessary to use force to destroy the car fleeing the scene of the crime. In the process, a family of freedom-loving americans lost their lives. These are the sacrifices that are being made in the name of freedom, in the name of the homeland, in the name of America!'

This is going to be another thing that will wake americans up, and quickly! I guarantee, the minute you have some sort of incident with these drones and any innocent is injured/killed there will be protests and rallies! Problem is, they'll just come in, call the groups domestic terrorists, strike them down from a drone.

What a life these drone pilots have eh?! Wake up, strap into the ol' leather kill chair, kill some foo's, eat lunch, kill some foo's, fight traffic, go to soccer practice, eat dinner, sleep... just incredibly sick!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join