It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed drones now flying over the US

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Regardless of what you think. Drones are in your American skies. You shouldn't be spending your energy trying to discredit one YT clip but rather, your government.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Could your sighting be related with this news .....?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I can be a bit biased when reading posts or watching vids like this, but how is no one questioning how fake it looks? Why fly so far under cloud-cover? To make it easier to spot? lol. Seems like an opportune time to randomly film the sky as well...

All in all, I hope it's fake, but I'm sure it's an eventuality at this point in our society...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainIraq
Fake.

That looks like a Predator drone. Predator drones do NOT fly that low to the ground.

I am not disputing that the video is a fake, just the reasoning.
Here is my question:
If Predators do not fly that low to the ground, how do they land them? Surely they need to fly at a low altitude to land on the ground? When they do land, they are visible, are they not?
edit on 16-5-2012 by butcherguy because: punctuation

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
No lie. Out in my car right now. Smoking a cig. Reading this thread. Watching my other vids. And heard a plane coming. Got a video of it as well. In going to try to charge my real smear that zooms. I'll try to get some good footage for everyone

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by finitedualities
I can be a bit biased when reading posts or watching vids like this, but how is no one questioning how fake it looks? Why fly so far under cloud-cover? To make it easier to spot? lol. Seems like an opportune time to randomly film the sky as well...

All in all, I hope it's fake, but I'm sure it's an eventuality at this point in our society...

That is HONESTLY how low they have been flying. I've got a few videos as well that I've been mentioning. I thought it was odd too

Elgin (ops video) and where I live are right by dupage airport

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by hp1229

But everyone will think those RC planes are government drones and nobody will even complain. Perfect time to build one now. Retrofit it with RC paintball guns and chase people around.

Well the ones that I saw at the RC Plane event were all custom painted and replicas of existing fleet of aircrafts in the USAF. However you do have a valid point as many people have no idea what an RC plane is still to this date. Moreoever some of them are very hard to justify if they are a miniature version or the real deal as they're flying. I can certainly see the application of the RC planes in Hollywood as they make the movies but for some of the average Citizens, it would be a guess work to identify if its a government vs civilian drone

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Where does the need for surveillance drones end? I mean it is not impossible to imagine smaller drones being invented, that can look through your windows and follow you around. These security measures are not a passing fad, they allow a precedent for just more intrusive security measures.

I don't believe there is a need for surveillance drones. Maybe in a war scenario, but there should be no need for this in a civilised society.

It has a Panopticon effect.

The Panopticon is a type of institutional building designed by English philosopher and social theorist Jeremy Bentham in the late eighteenth century. The concept of the design is to allow an observer to observe (-opticon) all (pan-) inmates of an institution without them being able to tell whether or not they are being watched.Bentham himself described the Panopticon as "a new mode of obtaining power of mind over mind, in a quantity hitherto without example.

en.wikipedia.org...

Agree 100 % with you on this. However we're not living in a ideal world here. For example, the mexican and canadian borders definitely can use the drones as it is not feasible nor is it possible to protect each and every single square inch of the borders. For domestic surveillance, it would make sense for traffic, weather and/or event/disaster monitoring including search and rescue missions at sea for commercial and recreational boats/ships/yachts/waverider etc. However the version of the drone being used and their staggering numbers are questionable. There are lot more cheaper versions of the drones readily available and currently in use by the Military. That is what bothers me the most.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So as I was in my car telling you guys about the planes I heard a huge one coming. Here's. the video.
I have no idea what kind f plane it is.
It just passed over again. I hear it. But didn't see it through my trees. Possibly headed another direction.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by novemberecho
So as I was in my car telling you guys about the planes I heard a huge one coming. Here's. the video.
I have no idea what kind f plane it is.
It just passed over again. I hear it. But didn't see it through my trees. Possibly headed another direction.

www.youtube.com...

Can someone tell me what kind of plane this is?!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Bump because I'm seriously kinda weirded out. I've never seen a plane like that yet.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The footage is kind of fishy to me.

But either way, it will be reality soon enough

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Since when did Americans have freedom? Using a term in which we know absolutly NOTHING about.. irony? hmm I belive there was freedom before the Rothchilds built banks, governments and it went from there

This is a warning video.. and when more states and big cities in America start seeing these things daily.. you know something is being prepared for America.
I think drones are the scariest weapons; unlike true air-craft where you have a (conscious?) pilot flying these things with a choice too shoot or drop bombs.. these drones are advanced-robotic-weaponry. The ones operating the drone from the control room, wont feel so bad when they are playing a real life game called "Call Of Duty - American Warfare" ..
These (cowardly) soldiers think these advanced weaponry devices and tools are a GAME!

Military need to STOP brainwashing their soldiers, and make military men who think before reacting, and consciously go over the Order they were giving from their authority. Stop making human-robots...military is too Protect a country it stands for.. not destroy it.

Looks like the game is about to begin, 2012 huh ?

~ love is an art

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by novemberecho

It's very difficult to tell from your video. It look like a comercial airliner, from what I saw, but your interpretation suggests something more unusual?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I live about an hour from Elgin and I saw this the other day too!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

It's very difficult to tell from your video. It look like a comercial airliner, from what I saw, but your interpretation suggests something more unusual?

I showed my brother. He is in ROTC and knows a lot about military planes.
He said it was either a c-7 or c-17

I'm going to upload a snapshot of a video. I zoomed the snapshot and retook it.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
pbckt.com...

There we go. I can get more too

s1155.photobucket.com...
edit on 16-5-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by novemberecho

I showed my brother. He is in ROTC and knows a lot about military planes.
He said it was either a c-7 or c-17

I'm going to upload a snapshot of a video. I zoomed the snapshot and retook it.

Definitely a C17 Globemaster. Seen plenty around where I live. Not a C5. They have a distinctive engine sound and tail wings. Probably transporting or offloading military cargo.

C17

C5

There is no C7.
edit on 16-5-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I have seen enough! Let this country burn to the #ing ground in a flaming cataclysm!!

I now pray for all of you blind, ignorant, dipsh|t sheep to be hauled into dark cells, castrated and left for dead.

I have never in my life, come up against so many willingly ignorant, pompous & haughty school-children. This nation is now doomed. I think those who can still fire enough neurons to understand what is happening are in the minority now, and will take a backseat to the demise of this nation. We are left with dim-witted, white pasty gay/lesbian, drug-zombied know-it-alls who are more than happy to sit in the corner and cut themselves for pleasure.

You can all go F-CK YOURSELVES with whatever flag you feel fit to follow.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
find where these thiings are flying between buildings or canyons and when nobody looking string up cables.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join