It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed drones now flying over the US

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Speaking of refueling uav's , did any one notice the following advertisement on ATS?
UAV refueler

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Haha thanks. Yeah it was LOUD. I've never seen them fly by me. I've also seen way more small planes, choppers, jets, and commercial planes flying really low.
I've NEVER seen so much air traffic here

It's for NATO I'm suspecting.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Now you know why Cell Phones are so popular. They can "hone" in on you whenever they want.

Ring Ring

"Hello, Verizon. May I help you?"
"Yes, this is Commander Blah bla bla from the CIA?? I need the Phone number of a John Muhamed Vang Herndandez Jackson."
"Let me get my Surpervisor"
"Hello, this is Spencer Smith Surpervisor, how may I help you"
"Yes, this is Commander bla bla bla. I need the Phone number of a John Muhamed Vang Hernandez Jackson. He is a known Cultist with many followers and is known to hide M16's and Rocket Launchers on his Property."
"Sure, hang on a minute, 555-555-5555."
"Thank you."
hangs up...................

Ring Ring
"Yes, is John there??"
"This is him...."
hangs up............................................................................................................

edit on 15-5-2012 by hoochymama because: changed the story a little

Geez. It doesn't work like that. It's more like.... (first, CIA doesn't have "commanders" it has "directors", and second, the guy doesn't have to actually talk to you to blow him up unless you want to make sure he is the one holding the phone).

Director of South West Asia Support Activities Jenkins (Senior Executive Service): Jimmy, do you have the IMSI for HVT 3217?
Underpaid Computer whiz Jimmy (GS-11): Gimme a second, the Vodaphone DB is slow today, ah...yeah, it's coming up.
Jenkins: Transmit to SOUTHCOM along with the MSID & frequency. Order is hot.
Jimmy: somebody's meeting their virgins tonight!
Jenkins: Someday Jimmy, you too will get laid. But not any time soon.

edit on 16-5-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
There are no doubt drones flying in the US, but the video in the OP is a pretty obvious fake. The drone is in the frame long enough that the perspective should change, but it doesn't. That's not what a real plane looks like. Just stand in your yard and watch something fly by and you'll see what I mean. The size and angle changes in respect to your viewing position even if it's traveling in a straight line. The shadows and highlights also change slightly. If it's flying left-to-right then when it's to your left you see the front 3/4 view, when it's in front of you you see the side and when it's to your right you see the rear 3/4 view. Something as low and small as that in the OP video should especially show a perspective change, it's even visible on aircraft that are flying much higher. Instead, it looks EXACTLY like someone took a static image and just moved it across the image. Hoax.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Speaking of refueling uav's , did any one notice the following advertisement on ATS?
UAV refueler

I didn't notice but that wouldn't make much difference
What would be nice to see would be aerial refuelling for UAVs

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
They have been using them since at least June of last. There was a standoff in a field and they used to find the guy up here in North Dakota.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

That would be quite impressive and I'm sure they'll be working on it for the larger ucavs. The advantage of indefinite airtime would mean continuous surveillance .

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So the guy randomly starts videotaping the sky and a drone just happens to fly by?
The people that believe this is real are trying too hard to be paranoid imo.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndFUTURE
Here is a video of a drone flying over a town in Syria. It isn't very high up and looks about the same as the video in the OP.

So yes, drones fly at all different altitudes.

Yes. That is an authentic drone video...

However, the video in the original post is not. All you need to do is take a picture of a drone, crop it out in Photoshop, import the layer/file into After Effects. Composite it onto the existing footage that the guy filmed, motion track and position the drone layer.

And there you go.

ATS...I feel bad for you sometimes.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I find this to be a troubling harbinger of things to come.

Why? You dont really think that the govt is going to start shooting at us do you ? Do you even know for sure that this thing was armed? If so how do you know that ?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just like they want, I am frightened of this and where this is headed. C'mon, it's not headed in a good direction. Bit by bit, we're all becoming desensitized to the ever-expanding military presence and spying eyes on the ground and in the skies in this country, all as a guise to "protect" us from outsiders and now ourselves. There isn't a war on terror, there is a war on us.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard

Originally posted by zooplancton
man, I really, really hate to say this.

the drone is flying at a perfect speed and in a perfect line. no turbulence, etc. I know it would be hard to see via this camera etc, but something just feels wrong with this. (cgi?)

that's for sharing though. just two tiny copper pennies.

I have to say after watching the video and seeing how interested in it the guy was, why did he not carry on filming it? It flew out of shot and he thought a empty field was more interesting. Im not saying I think its CGI, just that it was a bit strange.

Very suspicious indeed.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It's a fake for sure but I absolutely believe they are flying above Chicago as surveillance for the NATO summit.

A couple of things about this fake here: 1) You shouldn't be able to hear these drones even at that altitude and 2) That's not a typical altitude for one - way too easy to shoot down.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wills120
It's a fake for sure but I absolutely believe they are flying above Chicago as surveillance for the NATO summit.

A couple of things about this fake here: 1) You shouldn't be able to hear these drones even at that altitude and 2) That's not a typical altitude for one - way too easy to shoot down.

Since they are 100% silent whats keeping them from making airplanes 100% silent also?
It was showing itself around a populated area, a suburban area. You think people anticipated that drone and were ready to shoot it down?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
reply to post by hp1229

That would be quite impressive and I'm sure they'll be working on it for the larger ucavs. The advantage of indefinite airtime would mean continuous surveillance .

refueling of uav's
If you have thought about it, then it has been built and tested. Remember, to keep or come close to the level of technology the military has in its R&D, you need to think 50 years in advanced technology.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
What would be the charge for shooting it down? Is it even illegal? Can someone that knows about the law maybe clarify this?

It seems this would fall under Federal law.

Also, any ideas on how to take one down? Maybe fly a large radio controlled plane into one?

This might catch one.....

ETA: All you gotta do is hit the propeller on the drone.
-Alien
edit on 5/16/2012 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

thats if you got 4 grand for the engine and 2 to 4 grand on the plane !

JetCat P160-SX turbine complete with starter
www.modellbauusa.com...

maybe a RPG or a T4 maybe with a Hope and Prayers

We have those Drone Here at My Location At the Boarder !!! Claimed Security

but its really for Observing Pot marijuana Fields and Checking Out Indian Reservations !
on Both Country's Canada & Northen NY

The Upstate NY Coalition to
Ground the Drones & End the Wars
upstatedroneaction.org...

Unmanned Aircraft Headed to Upstate New York
www.nyrp-uc.org...

Homeland Security drone patrolling NNY
www.myabc50.com...

The surveillance also includes the land border between the U.S. and Canada after the border peels away from the St. Lawrence River.

Surveillance on the Reservations and Pot Growing !

U.S. launches another drone plane to patrol Canadian border
Focus is Great Lakes area in search for drugs, migrants
www.cbc.ca...

In eastern Canada, the focus of the Predator is the Akwesasne Mohawk Territory, which straddles the St. Lawrence River near Cornwall, Ont., and sprawls across the border of New York state.

edit on 16-5-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

just to ad ! it would be Scary if the drone would have an Actual Artificial Intelligence
like say in the B - Movie Called Stealth

Stealth (film)
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 16-5-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
So now anything we see flying in the sky that is NOT a #ing airplane is a drone? That's stupid. The ONLY reason that they have even told us about "Drones" all along is so that they could start taking credit for UFOs.

That's not a "drone," it's not man-made...and you would have to be a shill to call it that.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by doomweaver
So now anything we see flying in the sky that is NOT a #ing airplane is a drone? That's stupid. The ONLY reason that they have even told us about "Drones" all along is so that they could start taking credit for UFOs.

That's not a "drone," it's not man-made...and you would have to be a shill to call it that.

Be quiet..your upsetting the herd, can't you see that its taken decades to bring them to a state of cerebral inactivity and here you are, trying to undo what we have done...sheez man..for the love of god...be quiet and allow the herd to graze in peace.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Those pods under the wings are most likely aux fuel tanks. The armament racks can hold fuel as well as weapons, just like regular military jet aircraft.

Get ready for what will most likely become the future of commercial passenger aircraft. Remote controlled, hijack-proof vehicles piloted by pilots in office buildings with most of the flight controlled by computers. Not quite ready yet, but it will happen some day.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
General Atomics MQ-9 reaper Power Plant: Honeywell TPE331-10 turboprop engine, 900 shp (671 kW), with Digital Electronic Engine Control (DEEC)[70]

MQ-1 Predator Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 914F turbocharged four-cylinder engine, 115 hp[74] (86 kW)

from personal experience i can tell you the sound is very suspect here..... there are very few jet engine powered drones (eg; global hawk..) that does not sound like a UAV. although it does seem to pass through the clouds it seems too large to be the variant described in the video and the flight attitude and yaw seems suspect as well, i personally have no doubt that drones are being used but this video seems a bit "fake-i-fied" i have photographed several of the same type of drone and several other models. they are very difficult to photograph and it seems the video is a very high resolution camera........i cant 100% discredit with the tools available to me at this time but i am about 70% sure its edited....i will note that turboprop engines do have a distinct sound but there is also prop noise which would be very loud as the blades would be moving around the speed of sound. and they operate under some conditions which i am not willing to expose here...for fear of my personal welfare...that allow them to operate silently and for extended periods of time ..... you would likely never see it unless it were landing or taking off or crashing to the ground on fire...the ultimate robotic terror weapon...that said also i would note they are mostly autopilot controlled and programmed with their routes with limited if any pilot intervention. some are autonomous and operate unrestricted within specific boundaries and criteria .
edit on 16-5-2012 by eyesinthesky because: added grammar corrections

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join