It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed drones now flying over the US

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
While tracking the uav scene, some interesting news showed itself. UAVs are the new trend and like any technology will only get better and more commercial as an emerging industry.

Allow me to share this intriguing linked source with video.

UAV's Impact on Surveillance Tradecraft

JUN 19, 2012 | 1338 GMT Free Stratfor Chief Security Officer Fred Burton discusses the ever-increasing use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and their implications for surveillance tradecraft.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This is another update for those still following the subject material.
Personally, I can see these ranges being used for live fire exercises in the near future.
However for now they still could use the White Sands missile range, and my bet that is where any training with weapon systems will be.

FAA Sets Large ND Drone Training Airspace

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

what about the us constitution? does this not go against it?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
So first real post on here, had to post about this and see if anyone has seen anything like it.

So I live in a suburb north of dallas, and on Tuesday this flew extremely low over my house

Now there are a gazillion fight paths over my neighborhood. Planes flying in and out of dfw, love, Addison, all the small city/regional air ports, and there's even a neighborhood only a couple miles away that is built around a small landing strip. Point being, I know planes. See all kinds, now what one is based off of its engine sound, ect.

I showed my dad the pics and he said it was a beech starship. After looking it up it does look like one, but most are sitting in that airplane graveyard in Arizona.
Also it was way to small, and it was flying illegally low, in airspace that nothing is really allowed to fly in. Also it was low enough that I could see some kind of seal on the bottom.

Later that night I went for a short walk around the block to the park, and I was on the phone sitting in a bench talking about the drone I had seen earlier to a friend, when (and this is where it gets weird) i became aware of the kind of "whirring" sound, kindof like a big AC unit people have on the side of their houses. This was roughly 1am. And I look around to see what it is, and there's this lit up small craft descending quickly towards me. I back away, and it drops down to like 10, 15 ft max away from me, about level with the tree tops. this thing looked like something out of blade runner or something. It was back up in the air within 30 seconds. It's kindof triangular, and red and blue lights, some kind of turbine/rotor in the middle.

This was startling to say the least. So I immediately Hurry home, and start asking friends and other people online and over phone if they'd seen anything. A friend who lives nearby went out to see if she could, and ended up spotting one i could see from my perspective. I'm on a hill so she came over and we started watching to just figure out what they where doing.

The longer we watched, the more we spotted. Mostly they where just hovering while holding a formation. They hovered for hours, all night actually. I'm sorry I can't describe this thing better, I've just never seen anything like it.

I attempted to photograph the lowest hovering one, but it photographed weird. In reality it was a very bright, and hovering in airspace that is only used on occasion by news coptors.

I have a dozen more pictures, but they all look like this. The only difference is that it appears a different color in each photo. I didn't show up/register on video, I tried.
I mentioned earlier the amount of flights constantly over my neighborhood, but that night there was no commercial or personal air traffic of any kind. NONE. And there has been little to no domestic air traffic every night sense, but there are multiple types of drones every night. (2-3) they fly in patterns and hold formations, it's really surreal.
I watched them all night the first night, my friend did some digging and apparently L-3, or the branch of it that the pentagon contracts to develop this kindof stuff, is based literally down the street.

Personally I think they are new demestic forms of drones, they are very agile, and can hover in place for hours. L-3 has job postings everywhere

L-3 has job postings everywhere for work on some unmanned, autonomous drone project. The application says secret government clearance is required to be eligible for the job.

So, I just wanted to share this, do with this information as you wish.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by unremarkableusername

Next time lay off the pot when you take a pictures. Oh yeah I know North Dallas has its share of pot smokers. Drones, chemtrails, police state surveillance none of these things can not be overcome by a proper science driver program. I do not recall any city blown up while fiddling with heavy metals, so I think I'm safe.I am a huge proponent against marijuana and anyone who smokes the wacky stuff.
edit on 5-9-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is only the beginning, weaponized drones and drones giving you commands coming soon.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
its' there to keep you safe, you should know that by now.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marsoups
Part of it looks like a still-frame but the flags are still waving, that's the bit that confuses me but maybe there's a simple way to add that to the animation..

You're confusing me, Jet Pilots props for going after something that is more advanced than their vehicles. The UFOs are advanced but not as advanced as the drones. I wish I had my camera but I have never seen a drone in the sky during the daylight at least, so can't say I have taken a picture. And way too busy to sit around at home making animations of them to fool people on the internet.
edit on 5-9-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
From BBC News "Drones set to share sky with domestic air traffic"

There must be a reason they are announcing they are testing drone's flying SAFELY in air space with commercial planes. Must have had too many mid air incidents that they denied. Now they can say they are safe; not us.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
First post of the year on this thread, BOO YA!

Just in time too, check it;

Navy Sets Up Two Unmanned Patrol Squadrons

Since it is on topic and all.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Here in Albuquerque, me and a couple of my co-workers saw what we believe to be a drone taking off from the airport mid day on Friday 18 of January. At the same time the police helicopter was in the air and my co-worker saw it headed to the west side where he lives. He made some phone calls and found out that there was a swat standoff in his neighborhood. This leads me to believe that the drone was deployed to support the swat team, the same would be true of the helicopter. We are used to seeing the helicopter, but this was the first time we saw a drone. At low altitudes you could see it, but it gained altitude quickly and was no longer visible.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sensible thought

UAVs don't use transponders (currently), and don't use two way radio communications (currently), as both add weight that can be used for sensors. So the only way they would know if they were in the area is either to see them, or get a primary skin return. Since most primary radar sites don't use it in primary mode over a certain altitude (which happens to be where UAVs fly), the only way to know they were there is when a pilot looks out and sees them.

When a Global Hawk (which is the only UAV to depart from the US currently) leaves from Beale AFB, they have to have a chase plane follow them until they leave US airspace, so that the FAA can follow the chase plane, and know where the Global Hawk is based on that.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't know how to start threads well as you can see from my previous post history but here is a link I pulled off of RT news. And we all spoke as how it was a matter of time until the domestic drone program cause issue with domestic flights and here in the article it seems as we have now had one incident.

Pilot encounters drone

How long till one of these things sharing our airspace is the cause of untold disaster and who's to blame when some governement program brings down a civilian airliner, and whos governement do we blame???

SaneThinking

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

It's a quadrotor, which will be used by the police, but can also be used by civilians. There are quadrotor kits that cost less than $100, and take a few minutes to build.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well then that just increases the list of people that could use this new found tech to do great damage. And when the program gets in full swing domestically if it already isn't I can only imagine this becoming common place and the next great boogy man for terrorism. That can't be proven by anyone cause everyone including the guy down the street has the tech available

SaneThinking

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

That's the part that scares me. It doesn't even have to be deliberate. Someone can take one of these and mount a camera, and fly it near an approach path to get a neat picture of a plane landing, and get caught up in the turbulence off the plane, and get sucked into it and damage it. Unless it's a small plane it probably won't cause anything major to happen, but if the pilot reacts wrong, it could theoretically cause something to happen.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

hawkiye
Well I feel safer now don't you! Wait till tanks are rolling down the streets for our protection man then we will really be safe!...

I haven't read the whole thread and I am not going to because i fear that there will be herd of zombies that have attacked it and claimed there there nothing to worry about the military and police are on our side and this is normal everyday stuff and I will feel the urge to head shoot them...

Most people don’t understand how sophisticated the system has become the technology has really gone in leaps and things but the people welding the leaps and bounds are not getting into the more respectable and noteworthy, General petraus and sex scandals do you need to keep harping about our woes in the military and the big buckle brass of the military being a farce)

Drones over America that would be a cool thing to google. How many of these are seen over the country and in places where you don’t really want? I just uh don’t think I trust what most people even in the military say even if the video is a fake it would probably fool many in the military and they would not even dismiss it, most likely “no comment” meaning yeah how in the hell did you see that one,

I had a dream once, I saw drones like the true unmanned drones. We have to hit the panic button (say it as a bush quote.)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by borracho

Wolf Blitzer is droning about the republicans and the democrats. Teddy bear told to strike. Waddle and dog. He’s eating alien sausage..lol..on his back with some random woman. That is the way we are in America get on our backs and our back is now turned to what our responsibilities are. Right now act like a food doll on the food network. Then you won’t need a caretaker because your body and remains are going to be so unbelievable torn that you won’t be able to get a grave even in no man’s land.

I am more intrigued by this video of a drone than any of the other videos on about UFOS and most of them are probably hoaxes and things but when you see a drone that rises your senses you know that they are real planes and that they can do some really bad things and that they don’t care what damage that they can cause, depending on the human operators, but they are really helpless to the plan. Real planes that I read about are always more interesting than seeing anything that could or could not be real.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Zaphod58

That's the part that scares me. It doesn't even have to be deliberate. Someone can take one of these and mount a camera, and fly it near an approach path to get a neat picture of a plane landing, and get caught up in the turbulence off the plane, and get sucked into it and damage it. Unless it's a small plane it probably won't cause anything major to happen, but if the pilot reacts wrong, it could theoretically cause something to happen.

Generation kill that is defeat you when you are at your weakest and then make a good show about it on.
Don’t you agree Zaphod? While I like security a lot I don’t really see this mess of drones being beneficial.
This is frustration but that is probably what the unseen summit is all about getting on with more frustrating things. The use of drones in war theatres around the world is well-known and very scary.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
This happened even faster than I expected. Caught flying over a ball game in Elgin, Illinois this predator drone appears to be carry armament packages on wing pods.
I feel this is the last straw for freedom in the US, as the government's current plans for 30,000 of these would give them surveillance and attack capabilities everywhere in the US at all times and in nearly all types of weather.
No doubt this is for the upcoming NATO summit in Chicago but what really are they for? How could these possibly deter terrorists?
I find this to be a troubling harbinger of things to come.

Someone comes to you on the sidewalk and says I straight talk. Someone in the military on ground operators of drones say I straight kill, straight kill is better you get a bigger adrenaline rush. Sounds like we are becoming the next target. More and more being an American is like holding a piece of string in the woods and hoping someone finds that piece of string before the drone over head sees it and then you are becoming a seek and hunt down like a hare. I am not sure if I am buying the NATO summit explanation though, because you could have easily had a drone over benghanzi to protect the ambassador that would have been an easy security decision. But that never saw the light of day.

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join