It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed drones now flying over the US

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

It sure looks like a Military drone to me. It doesn't look like your AAI RQ-7 Shadow image, that is for sure. Could it simply be a test flight? Though one would think that they would test this sort of thing in a less populated region. Anybody know if there are any U.S Military bases near this location? If it is in fact a Drone, then I would hope that it was armed with a replica and not the real thing. If it were to malfunction and crash, that could get ugly. ~$heopleNation

The image in the video is of an armed MQ-1 Predator however the video is a hoax.

The articles posted by ATS member Tazkven are in reference to the AAI RQ-7 Shadow, which is a much smaller unarmed reconnaissance system.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

This video seems fake to me and here's why:

About two weeks ago I was helping a friend of mine, who is actually working on one of these drones, move some office supplies from his old office at Metro Airport to his new office at City Airport in Detroit. Well I had the chance to see one of these drones close up and it was not a predator drone, not even close. The drone he was working on was made of a light carbon fiber material. It was almost like a wheel with 6 (or 8 depending on the drone) spokes with a propeller on the end of each. I would say it was about 18" across from prop. to prop. It had a camera mount on the bottom along with two arched legs (obviously for landing). It was also able to be equipped with a long range taser. The thing could hover perfectly in mid air and the video THEY showed me of the thing flying was incredible. It was video taken from the camera mounted on an 8 spoke drone, in the winter, and the thing would come literally inches from trees with snow on them and not one branch was disturbed. Even when raising altitude in close proximity of the trees the snow would not fall off the branches. Now this might not seem that great but think about it, one of these things could be outside of your window and you would never know...

I think this video is a fake but it's still scary stuff none the less...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
So its okay if they fly over foreign countries, but not okay if they fly over the us.

exactly. at the end of the day, just because "foreign" countries may not see the world the same way, doesn't mean that they aren't exactly the same thing. "foreign" is a measure of difference, why not try measuring similarities instead?
edit on 16/5/12 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulece

Originally posted by wills120
It's a fake for sure but I absolutely believe they are flying above Chicago as surveillance for the NATO summit.

A couple of things about this fake here: 1) You shouldn't be able to hear these drones even at that altitude and 2) That's not a typical altitude for one - way too easy to shoot down.

Since they are 100% silent whats keeping them from making airplanes 100% silent also?
It was showing itself around a populated area, a suburban area. You think people anticipated that drone and were ready to shoot it down?

They're not 100% silent, however, they are designed to be quieter than any non-military plane. I doubt people were ready to shoot it down but they're typically not operated at those altitudes by our military. I've seen them launched from Prince Sultan airbase in KSA and they bring them up to high altitudes quickly to avoid ground fire even in safe areas. I have no idea if there is a military base near Eglin, IL but I'm fairly certain they wouldn't cruise them at that altitude or at that low speed.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

They're not 100% silent, however, they are designed to be quieter than any non-military plane. I doubt people were ready to shoot it down but they're typically not operated at those altitudes by our military. I've seen them launched from Prince Sultan airbase in KSA and they bring them up to high altitudes quickly to avoid ground fire even in safe areas. I have no idea if there is a military base near Eglin, IL but I'm fairly certain they wouldn't cruise them at that altitude or at that low speed.

aren't most of the people in this thread trying to shoot them down in one way or another?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Well, I watched it in HD and yes it could easily be a fake. Like someone earlier mentioned, why did the person recording stop instead of continuing to follow it's course? Just the tone of his voice originally set off the deception meter inside my head. I dunno. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I will admit I was skeptical of armed drones being deployed, but that is proof positive. THAT little thing under the wing is a Hellfire missile. I mean holy cow. If you are not familiar with what they can do, just go to Google or Youtube and search for them. They are definitely deadly.

This is relatively close to the location of the 182nd Air Wing of the USAF, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it...I was in the AF, but nowhere near there, and I've never been there. Wiki says they are based out of a local airport, but not in the same city...I just did a quick search and they both seem to be kinda central in the state. But even still, an armed drone would not by flying in non-military airspace with weapons THAT LOW. That was extremely low, and it definitely could have been shot down by even a good hunter with a deer rifle, if they knew ballistics, and especially regarding their own weapon.

link   

Well, I watched it in HD and yes it could easily be a fake. Like someone earlier mentioned, why did the person recording stop instead of continuing to follow it's course? Just the tone of his voice originally set off the deception meter inside my head. I dunno. ~$heopleNation

sheople, couldn't the same logic be used to say that our entire existence is fake? whether or not the thing existed (in real life) is irrelevant. fake or not, this footage is the manifestation of a nations' combined fear.

link   

sheople, couldn't the same logic be used to say that our entire existence is fake? whether or not the thing existed (in real life) is irrelevant. fake or not, this footage is the manifestation of a nations' combined fear.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PatientZer0

I have been working in video post production for nearly a decade. This is so fake it hurts.

Some of you are so easily fooled.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Derpitude
reply to post by PatientZer0

I have been working in video post production for nearly a decade. This is so fake it hurts.

Some of you are so easily fooled.

i, (and you and everybody else) have been working in reality post production since the "beginning" of time itself. doesn't mean it's fake, it's just another language for describing the the same thing.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
No way in the world will our government use armed drones on innocent civilians...

PERIOD.....

Speaking of ignorant posts... Ya I saw the video, and its bullcrap...

Its one thing to be pissed at the government, another to be pissed off at our armed forces...

Should be ashamed of yourselves for being dopes.......

edit on 16-5-2012 by Obl1vion because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Ditto what you said from me. Sad day for this country to see our choices and freedoms going by the way of the road. :mad
The government moves at a snails pace if its something to benefit the people.and I mean truly benefit the people not what they say is going to benefit us. But they sure do act fast if its something that's going line their pockets even more and give them more power and control over us.
I don't think they've been acting like we're supposed to be their boss in along time now, however, if they really ever did at least the last half of the last century and the first 12 years of this century they act like they're the boss over us.
We let them get arrogant and feel comfortable too long by keeping them in office for far too long. Now they can corrupt the new people. All in the name of "protecting" us the people. No, it's more like "protecting" their own interests.
Sad to see the falling of a once powerful country. Good post

Unfortunate, Big Brother, is well on its way to fruition. Big Sis is paving the way.

edit on 16-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo

link   
why not mod a megaphone into an emp device to point and shoot at the drones or if you can monitor their gps systems and locate them by radar. Bye bye drones lol
edit on 5/16/1212 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obl1vion
No way in the world will our government use armed drones on innocent civilians...

PERIOD.....

Speaking of ignorant posts... Ya I saw the video, and its bullcrap...

Its one thing to be pissed at the government, another to be pissed off at our armed forces...

Should be ashamed of yourselves for being dopes.......

edit on 16-5-2012 by Obl1vion because: (no reason given)

while i agree with your interpretation, i don't think it's necessary to use such a hostile tone. it's one thing to question authority, and quite another thing completely to deny its right to exist.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mzungu

What?

It's contrived, manipulated, and forged to emulate a real event that did not take place, in order to create a reaction.

Pull your head out.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Derpitude
reply to post by mzungu

What?

It's contrived, manipulated, and forged to emulate a real event that did not take place, in order to create a reaction.

Pull your head out.

you are just as contrived, manipulated, and forged to emulate real life. pull your head "in".

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mzungu

Drugs are bad.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mzungu

Well if you want to get that deep into it, I guess yeah sure. Nothing would suprise me these days and anything is possible. I do agree that it's a product of fear. ~$heopleNation

edit on 16-5-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Alright. Counting the confirmation on here. I've had 4 people say that it is a c-17. My father was in the military and confirmed it and said "oh that's right, NATO is here"

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join