It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by Evildead
Jesus never said anything about homosexuality. He did, however, hang out with 12 other men all the time and they all sat on the same side of the table while eating thier supper.~ Stephen Colbert

Some things need not be said because they are known and have been taught about often enough.

This is just about the most ridiculous statement made on this thread so far. The same can be said back in the 17th century when back when it was proposed the Earth was round, or early last century when black people were classified as 'sub-human'.

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
Quick question Christians.....

Why did God place the male G-spot up his bum?

That's not the male G spot, it's what you think is a G spot. It doesn't make it so.

I take it anatomy isn't your forte'

By all accounts it's meant to feel quite good. Why then did your God create human males this way?

Christianity is not anti homosexual, it is anti sin. God has said that sexual relations are to be between a man and a woman in a marriage. Other types of sin are unmarried sex between a man and woman, adultery between a man and woman who are married to someone else. Then there is sex with animals, and so on. Sin is disobedience to God's will. So if you are an active homosexual you are living in sin. If you support those who do such things you are actually in sin making war on God and you will lose in the end. The Bible tells us this. So to again state the truth. Christianity is not anti homosexual but anti sin. There you go.

As the Old Testament no longer counts, lets go by the New Testament.

Now as far as I remember Jesus himself said nothing about homosexuality. The only statement against homosexuality is somewhere in Romans which was not a direct quote by Jesus, but in fact a letter Paul (whom many believe to be a closet homosexual anyway) dictated to a scribe called Tertius. Now the disciples themselves were not God, nor Jesus. They were merely imperfect men with agendas like everybody else. And the only authority they have to speak for Jesus was that which they themselves claimed after he died.

Please get your facts straight about your own religion before using it as a tool to dictate how others should lead their lives.

edit on 16/5/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearMitochondria
Moral of the story: Religions are just overall bad. People who are inherently good will be good even if there's religion or not.

Any type of religion is a noose around humanity's neck, unless their holy books are re-written to be 100% good and have nothing negative in them. If they have one negative line, its junk and should be burned.
The fact that Westboro can exist and quote stuff from the bible is bad enough. If the text can be skewed that much... there's a problem.
I mean, there IS good stuff in the bible... just it needs a serious overhaul.

Luckily most religions will hopefully be wiped out over the next century. I wouldn't mind if one evolves that only encompasses spreading true love though... that's one I could follow.

Originally posted by rom12345
Biology is Anti-Homosexual.
Don't get you nickers in a knot over many peoples', very natural reaction, to this, and other mal-adations.

Actually if biology was truly anti-homosexual, it'd sterilize them. But, it doesn't.
In addition we can take science and turn our entire species lesbian, eliminate men, and we'd still be able to reproduce through artificial techniques -- if not now, we're very close.

You should try living in a USSR Communist non religious society first before you op for the life of an earth worm.

Hermaphrodite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphrodite - Similarto Hermaphrodite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In biology, a hermaphrodite is an organism that has reproductive organs normally associated with both male and female sexes. Many taxonomic groups of ...

True hermaphroditism - Intersex - Hermaphroditus - Pseudohermaphroditism

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Fair Warning!

This is not a sex education class. There will be no more explicit anatomical references in this thread. Some posts are pushing the line.

Keep it clean.

TheRedneck
ATS Forum Moderator

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
As has already been said by other posters the Bible is a moral guide, homosexuality in not the most important issue in the Bible where sin is concerned, actually doesn't get all that much attention, I sin everyday, which sin is the worse, I know the Catholics have the seven deadly sins.

have a good day,

peace

There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

See gays didn't even make the list

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear SaturnFX,

I didn't know that because I was a Christian that I had to hate gays. This is going to be awkward as I preach at a church where at least a third of the members are gay and I am straight.

Just out of curiosity, do the gay members even believe that homosexuality is a sin? Or have they been led to believe that their lifestyle is acceptable in the eyes of God in your church?

While I disagree with those who use the bible to prove their bigotry, I don't care if they lose believers, they should. Would you prefer that they lie about what they believe just to fill seats?

No, all they have to do is avoid the topic apparently.

Recently I came across a man names Joel Osteen (I don't watch television or follow large churches as a rule). I watched a video where they tried to bate him into saying homosexuality was wrong. It should be noted that he has never been known to push an anti-gay agenda. It seems that you are doing the same, baiting.

You're right. Joel Osteen tries to avoid the topic too, but when pressed, here's what he has to say:

Most notable was Osteen’s new, or old, view on homosexuality. He responded to the question, “Is homosexuality a sin?”

“Yes, I’ve always believed it,” stated the megachurch pastor. “The scripture shows that it’s a sin.” “I’m not one of those to bash homosexuals and tell them they’re terrible people and all that. Sometimes the church focuses on one issue or two issues and there are plenty of other ones.

So I don’t believe homosexuality is God’s best for a person’s life. I mean sin means to miss the mark.”

He continued, “I say it’s wrong because that’s what the scripture says.”

www.christianpost.com...

So, once again, do you encourage your congregation to read and follow ALL scripture, or just parts of it?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
2012, the world on the brink of quantum computing yet there are still troglodytes blindly fearing and believing in imaginary, tyrannical deities. Contradictions and paradoxes like these give more and more credence to the ancestor simulation theory, imo.

How can humanity, overall, in this day and age be SO stupid?!

Surely must be by IMPERFECT design.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Wasn't it the Old Testmament that forbade homosexuality and called it an abomination? And wasn't it supposed to be that the New Testament superseded the Old Testament, according to Jesus? And did Jesus ever mention homosexuality? What was it he said about homosexuality?

Whatever you're calling yourself, it ain't Christian.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

I'm sorry...did you just say that not only did Jesus foresee the compilation of a new version of the Bible, he also approved the revision?

that's just hilarious.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Actually, no. Everything you see that is not touched by man, was made by perfect design. Whatever was affected by man, was affected by imperfect design...because WE are imperfect, due to our freewill.

It's hilarious how many people fail to connect the Bible with a superstitious era, and fail to realize how creepy and untrustworthy science would have appeared to those people. It's like you can't even be bothered to understand how communication must be adjusted according to the audience.

Is it really so hard to understand? Those people believed the Earth was flat. How are you going to explain mathematics and carbon dating to them?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If anything the title should have been: What is the same word used to describe all religions? Followed by either the word Antiquated/Obsolete/Superfluous/Redundant/Dispensable.

I honestly don't understand how some people think that two people in union/marriage can possibly destroy the world, or make it stop spinning. How does the union of ANY two individuals really impact YOUR life? Did you get fired directly because of it? Did you lose a limb because of it all of a sudden? Are you having problems sleeping because of these individuals? lol What's so bad about it, sure they can't have kids, but they try to adopt, giving that child an opportunity to possibly have a decent life, an opportunity that child may not have gotten otherwise.

I'm not for, or, against gay marriage, really. If two people want to be happy, well hell let them be happy.

P.s.
One of the things Christians like to preach is "Hate the sin and not the sinner" why not apply it in all situations. Especially one so benign as a union of two people who love each other.

edit on 16-5-2012 by Engafan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

"I push my atheist outlook through use of debate, logic, reason, and proof...not by using any group. Don't need to. "
The above is a statement by you SaturnFX

So is it just ignorance that you single out Christianity in your OP??
Not much logic or reason here but there is a lot of proof for your Christian Bashing.
How can you be a member in good standing here at ATS?? Religion Bashers should be BANNED

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Source
Yep
Not truth, not morality, not hope, none of that.

Its simply associated with being anti-homosexual, or the club for homophobes.

When asked by The Barna Group what words or phrases best describe Christianity, the top response among Americans ages 16-29 was “antihomosexual.” For a staggering 91 percent of non-Christians, this was the first word that came to their mind when asked about the Christian faith. The same was true for 80 percent of young churchgoers. (The next most common negative images? : “judgmental,” “hypocritical,” and “too involved in politics.”)

So Congratulations to the religious leaders and outspoken religious folks out there...your message of not liking "the gay" is heard loud and clear.
And also congratulations on completely isolating any potential future for your religion..lose the youth, you lose it all..

Later research, documented in Kinnaman’s You Lost Me, reveals that one of the top reasons 59 percent of young adults with a Christian background have left the church is because they perceive the church to be too exclusive, particularly regarding their LGBT friends. Eight million twenty-somethings have left the church, and this is one reason why.

I am not saying Christians should rewrite their bible, but rather, its time to put perspective on it.
Being gay is one sin, which is alright should you accept christs sacrifice
So is lying. People lie all the time.
And lets say you somehow are without sin, you are STILL going to hell unless you do the catch all, which is ultimately just accepting christ..right?

So, you lot got a choice...kick out the old fogies whom are banging their fists on tables saying we gotta hate "the gay' because they are all gay n stuff, and install some reasonable minded young ones whom see being gay about as damning as telling someone those jeans don't make them look fat (cough)....focus on the sin, and your just a bunch of judgemental jerks...focus on the love of christ and his sacrifice for all the people and the idiotic things we do, and you may win some back over time (once you shut up your anti-gay idiots).

-not gay, don't care either way what others do, but bigotry is bigotry..and its a (well deserved) dying trait that deserves no respect or attention-
edit on 15-5-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

Bull# being gay is not a sin whatever people in the past belives. True symbiotic love is never wrong and that means the bible is wrong about this and possible more things. All thing that scream duality and ego and hate in the bible are screwed up and are written by people who where to unevolved and unwise. See thru the stupidety and evolve already. No person/religon will be 100% right anyway so make up your own mind with logic and love.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm a Christian and Jesus never said anything about being against homosexuality. He taught us to love everyone because we are all sinners.
On a personal level I'm not anti-homosexual, if it makes someone happy then great. Nothing wrong with that. I don't even consider it a sin.
It is sad that so many people in the church feel compelled to control the personal choices of others. That's not what real Christianity is at all. The message should be that Christ died on the cross for all our sins so that we might have life everlasting, that's all.

How gays and gay marriage ever got mixed up with that message is the work of the devil.
He often hides behind vestments and pulpits.
It's easy to confuse them.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I am a Christian mystic and i do not approve this message (post).

I have spoken about Christ & spirituality to several gays and have withheld all judgment. I love you no matter what you are or what you do for i have directly experienced who we all really are.

I can also attest to when Ghandi said the he likes our Christ but not our Christians. I have seen this to be true.

So count me as a minority i guess

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearMitochondria
Moral of the story: Religions are just overall bad. People who are inherently good will be good even if there's religion or not.

I think you got that backwards...

Humans are not nice...we eat and extinct anything we come in contact. We have 1000s of pages of laws to threaten people from doing bad things to each other. If you came across a village 20k years ago they would most likely eat you faster than you could wave at them and today we are not much better.

The majority of religions have a foundation of morally good concepts. When we see religion "gone bad" the vast majority of the time it is corrupt humans doing personal agendas that have little to do with religion but they use religion as the motivator. One thing about this though is religion has a tendency to drift back to their moral compass due to the foundation in place.

When we look at non-religion motivators, like nationalism, there is no moral foundation and so we go to the extreme, due to once again, humans are a pretty nasty creature. Just looking at Russia and China that used nationalism as their motivator we see 150 mil killed in a very short while and that is with what another billion whose lives were also completely destroyed. Even an event with Pol Pok in Cambodia, who killed every educated person, all religious leaders and anyone else he felt like saw three million dead in a few short years. There is an old school there where he had the children torture people to death instead of just shooting them, though he did have the killing fields too where he ran out of bullets killing so many millions.

If we look at Christians, everyone commits sin but that doesn't mean everyone lives a life of sin, and the bible is a little vague about homosexuality. It is basically listed within the other sins that deal directly with "lust". So I guess this means if you are a straight guy who sleeps around you are about as sinful as a homosexual guy who does the same. The bible also suggests that the behavior of homosexuality is strictly a form of lust since the only outcome possible would be gratification.

Why have any restrains? I think what these religious sexual restrains are trying to prevent is for us nasty humans from just running around and screwing anything that moves..i.e. pure lust. One also needs to remember that the homosexual behavior that the bible hints at has more to do with rape and bathhouse orgies type lust. There was a lot of male rapes back in the day and it wasn't done by homosexuals in general.

Homosexuals are a rather promiscuous group of people though as they still lead all other groups after all these years in sexual disease risks even with Aids going through their ranks like a California wild fire. So where is the sin? Is it the two gay guys that have had a loving relationship for 30 plus years or this otherside that we see?

Lastly when one says Christians that has a tendency to lump all, and all Christians are not the same, just look at the views of the Lutheran church on homosexuality. So in reality, homosexuality is not like a "thou shall not" in the bible, but the behavior can be one of the many lustful related sins that are not based on a loving relationship.

edit on 16-5-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I am a Wiccan now, and have been for about a decade. However, I grew up as a Christian. A Jehovah's Witness to be exact. And I can say in all accuracy that I might have heard the phrase "men who lie with men" once or even twice in all the years we studied with the Witnesses. It was certainly not a focus in any way, and would have just been grouped into a vast array of things that should be avoided. We were certainly never taught to hate homosexuals or even judge them. It was barely even a blip in the teachings..
This was in the 80's. Now in 2012, the word "homosexual" is shoved down my throat more times a day than I can count. Not a day goes by that this term or the like is somehow brought into every aspect of life, from politics to culture to music to art to religion, ad nauseum.
I could not care less what you do in your lifestyle, so long as you are not hurting anyone with it. But unfortunately I am not granted the same favor, as I am forced to listen about gay this, gay that, gay everything. One would think that heterosexuals are a minority with all the news and threads of "You evil anti-homosexuals" on here.
There is nothing wrong with being anti-homosexual (as in, the act of homosexuality). I refuse to even use the term "homophobia" because that implies that I am fearful of homosexuals. As I said, I could care less what you do in your own homes, but the line is crossed when it becomes the topic of focus all around. I don't want to hear heterosexuals talk about their sex lives, and I don't want to hear homosexuals talk about it either.
Since when did your sex life become your defining identity?? Aren't you something other than gay? A teacher, a scientist, a community leader, an artist, a coach, a veterinarian? Sexuality should remain in the private aspects of your life. I can guarantee the only reason I even know someone is gay in the first place is because they identify themselves as such. Who cares? When someone asks me what I am, or what I do, my reply would be "I am a mother of 2 kids. I am a homeschooling teacher." or the like. Not "I am straight!"
I am just sick of this attitude wherein if you do not care for the gay lifestyle, you are labeled as a fundamentalist, or Christian (as if that is the worst insult), or a homophobe, or an idiot. Gays have their preferences, I have mine. I would rather find the middle ground. Such as, everyone needs to wake up and realize we are being divided here over trivial s**t and our attention is being diverted from the causes and events that really matter.
Anyway, off my soapbox.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
reply to post by SaturnFX

"I push my atheist outlook through use of debate, logic, reason, and proof...not by using any group. Don't need to. "
The above is a statement by you SaturnFX

So is it just ignorance that you single out Christianity in your OP??
Not much logic or reason here but there is a lot of proof for your Christian Bashing.
How can you be a member in good standing here at ATS?? Religion Bashers should be BANNED

Do you really think though that other religions aren't as bad? Taking out Christianity is like taking one of the head of a hydra off -- there's still two (edit: or [much] more) left, all go back to the same source. You can apply his logic and reasoning to the source of the problem, which all other religions subscribe.

The mere fact he claims he has an atheistic outlook means he's against all religions, not just one. It just so happens that this topic blooms with Christianity, but it is not exclusive to this one religion.

You're confusing religion bashing with presenting statistics on the subject. If religion X was the most murderous group of people and stats showed that without a doubt, you're in essence saying that calling them murderers is religion bashing.
We're about denying ignorance here.
edit on 5/16/12 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

That's not what real Christianity is at all. The message should be that Christ died on the cross for all our sins so that we might have life everlasting, that's all.

The message IS that Christ died on the cross for our sins and we have to repent for them in order to receive eternal life. I don't think repentance included conscious decisions to keep sinning anyway/regardless.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join