It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 45
<< 42  43  44   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Again, people missing Y'Shua's message...this has ZERO to do with the laws men made around the Gospel..one has nothing to do with another...STOP seeing Dogma as Truth...Jeez. All one has to do is walk PAST any religious INSTITUTION right to the Library to READ his message....none of this garbage is even mentioned!!

Stop blaming the Word of God....blame the religious law makers

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
OFF-TOPIC.....anyone know how the hell to upload an avatar? Just a submit button and a URL field no upload image button...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by crmnlelemnt

Hi if you're new to ATS, and might not recognize a U2U, but see this thread on frequently asked questions, or contact a moderator who are really helpful for more info.
(Just point to "member" under your name, and click alert, and any comment or query goes to a mod).
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5-6-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Thank you very much!! Wish i could star and flag your remark =)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
UGH not only does that very big very intuitive image button no longer appear on the page, as shown, but this is on the far right BARELY legible....

crmnlelemnt

ALERT!

YOUR AVATAR MUST NOW BE HOSTED THROUGH YOUR PHOTO ALBUM ON OUR MEDIA PORTAL.

Click here to access your photo album page, or here to learn more.

Upon clicking the photo album link i was taken to a video page and the other link is deAd!!!

still have no clue as to how to upload an image
edit on 5-6-2012 by crmnlelemnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Doh disregard i see the page now LOL such an idiot...sorry all for the sideswipe on the thread.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by crmnlelemnt

No worries, help is on the way, and then the debate shall continue.

On topic though I think that Christianity needs to sort out this difference between curing a gay orientation and simply hammering on about the "gay lifestyle".

Clearly they respond to homosexuals in ways that both limit gay options and actively divide them from the ideal of monogamy, because they actually see gay people as misguided straight people, and gayness shouldn't be "enabled".
Just like according to religious conservatives HIV/AIDS prevention shouldn't provide clean needles, or condoms in prisons, because that's enabling "illegal activities", even if those are largely preventable routes of transmission into the African American and gay populations, and people get AIDS and still die.

Gays should snap out of it and revert to heterosexuality, and there's no happiness for them in a religious sense either mentally or physically.

Of course that's not only true for fundamentalist Christianity, but other religions too.
Although they only tend to punish certain acts, and they've only recently become aware that psychological homophobia also exists and creates a whole new class and business for psycho-religious experts to "cure" the orientation.
edit on 5-6-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
How so VERY ignorant to base your views (your labeling) of Christianity on what some 16-29 year-olds say Christianity is! Why not poll some older folks.
Or, I dunno, try reading the Bible yourself. How much of it deals with homosexuality? 1%...maybe?
The whole point is that people that age tend to be ultra-liberal so I think most people can see right through this poll.

Frankly I'm sick of hearing homosexuals calling Christians bigots. Oh.. really? Simply for saying they believe it is a sin? Calling homosexuality a sin does not equate to saying "I hate you." You can think you child does something awful and still love them. But immediately when someone says homosexuality is wrong, people jump to the conclusion that this person HATES gay people.
We are not all westboro church! So stop painting us all with the same brush stroke.

I could throw it right back in your face. This anti-Christian gay movement is quite bigoted itself! I don't have to agree with you. I don't have to like what you do. Get over it!

You want to get a pat on your back? Approval? Do something positive that warrants it then!
And if you don't, what difference does it make what my beliefs on it are?! You're gonna do what you want anyway. I mean besides marriage... which is a whole different topic.

edit on 11-6-2012 by 08051962 because: accidently entered

edit on 11-6-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I've been trying to grasp this whole debate in the US for a while.
I thought for as long time that in a civilized country it is surely just a cultural and theological debate.

However last night I wanted to find out a bit more about "conversion therapies" and "ex gay ministries".
Such individuals and groups who claim to "cure" homosexuality differ widely.
Some even appear as Christians camps, but become places where gay people meet partners.
Nevertheless, others are clearly run by sadists and disturbed religious people.

How can a civilized country submit underage kids to shock therapy, which is nothing but torture?

Thus it's an artificially created debate from people who want money, and it can include real torture, and since the adult market no longer significantly falls for the ex-gay scam, they now feed on the perceived sexuality of young people and the fears of their parents.
Homophobia is introduced by fundamentalist Christian activism to younger people.

I don't see gay people torturing straight kids to become gay.

Imagine Christians of 15 being bound to a chair and shocked with ice and electricity, until they see the error of their religion, and stop talking to invisible cloud people!
We'd say that's an undemocratic regime of devils unleashed on youngsters.

But that's what is happening to some gay kids in the US!
Surely not all Christians would stand for this.
However, as long as people are physically and mentally tortured for being gay I am not convinced it's a tit-for-tat debate.
The one side has a minority of deranged extremists torturing people and splitting gay people from their families, and gay people are supposed to stay tolerant about this rubbish?

That's not a debate.
That's an absolute nightmare for any democracy.
Who's next?

This clip introduces the debate from various sides, and nobody has complete proof at the moment for the causes of sexual orientations.
But is that a reason to beat and torture people for being attracted to the same sex?
Is that a reason to take religious young people and tell them that God hates them, and that they have "AIDS" before they ever had sex?
Clearly religious homophobia is also disordered.

edit on 12-6-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Homosexuality in one word : anti-religion

Two against nature. Nuff said. Do not want. No thanks, move along. No, I wont condone your actions, nor join your parade. I am not saddened you do not like that.

Two against nature. Nuff said.

Oh BTW, just saying.

>u

<< 42  43  44   >>

join