It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

Isn't not accepting somebody's religious beliefs make you just as bigottied as somebody who doesn't accept yours?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenVoyager

Not all Christians believe in divine love. If that were so, I doubt they would be treating people who don't always follow their denomination's rituals as though they are sinners and will be going to hell.

Example: Alcohol

You are thinking of the definition of the Christ.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

I get where that poster is coming from, and it kind of backs up my opinion from a previous post: that there is a contingent within Christianity that has hijacked the religion to push their own bigoted agenda. People who truly want to be Christ-like and live by his teachings will want to show compassion, respect, understanding and treat others as they would like to be treated. Those who claim to be Christian but fail to follow Christ's teachings simply aren't Christian, no matter how much they claim to be.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by indyman
From the original post...yes, Christians ARE aniti gay. Read Romans Chapter 1. I usually just read what everyone else posts', but in this regard, i decided to post for the first time. I respect everyone's opinions.

I am a Christian. I disagree with the church in many regards. However, according to the Bible, it specifically states that homosexuality is a sin against God. So if you are a true Christian and do believe in the Bible, then yes, you are anti gay. Simple and straight forward. Really no gray area there

So...to be a christian, you must adhere to the words of......Paul?

Question for you. Could I become a christian, and not adhere to Pauls decisions and rulings, but instead follow only the words and teachings of Christ? or is Jesus not relevant...

So, I think Paul made a bunch of stuff up for whatever purposes..therefore I only follow christ.
What did Christ specifically state about homosexuality?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
reply to post by Amadeo

Isn't not accepting somebody's religious beliefs make you just as bigottied as somebody who doesn't accept yours?

Nope. I disagree with their views but I'm not shouting from the rooftops about how evil and disgusting they are. Nor am I trying to get laws passed that discriminate against anyone. I don't wish harm on (fake) Christians but there are quite a few that would wish harm on me.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I find it funny how many regular church goers have actually read the bible.

Paul states in most of his writings that what he says is his opinion, meaning it's not from God.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenVoyager

The problem with Christians is that they are too simple-minded to realize that the knowledge they supposedly possess is explicit knowledge, and therefore must be translated to be imparted.

All translation is imperfect.

Therefore, your understanding is imperfect.

Aha! And here is wwhere we come to the meat and bones of the matter: we who are not Christian say that your understanding is imperfect. And you Christians reply, "Our understanding is perfect enough."

No. No it isn't. It is nowhere near good enough. But since you are afraid of not having answers, and are addicted to the thought of being saved from the world with a simple act of belief, you refuse to see it that way. And that is what cripples you.

Instead of judging homosexuals, start looking to yourself. You are too afraid. You must let go of your fear. I would explain more, but no one reads what I have to say anyway.

Whatever. Have a good one.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
New to actually posting, so not sure how to re-post with the specific message that I am referring.

To: Echtelion

You are correct. Ewww. I happen to be one of those boys. I can not tell you in all honesty that i am not angry with God for allowing it to happen. I can say that I still do believe in God and the Bible.

I have several gay friends. i do not agree with it, but I do not treat them any differently just because they are gay. I do feel that God will judge them one day. if the Bible is correct, then they will not be alllowed into Heaven. Do I know that for a certainty? No. If the Bible is correct, then they may be forgiven for their Sins just as i will be.

I'm not a bible thumper. i have my belief system and others have theirs. I don't feel that anyone should be treated differently just because they do not believe as I do (and I think most Christians feel that way also).

I just don't feel that I should be referred to as a bigot just because I disagree.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Jesus says it too.

Want proof? Do your research.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
As others have pointed out.
The gay subject is universal and is not owned by Christianity.
Only a super ignorant person would believe it does.
If you are an honest person you would address homosexuality from a philosophical angle that applies to ALL humanity. Even animals if that's your bag.

The subject of this thread is Christianity's supposed intolerance of Homosexuals. An intellectual response to my initial involvement would be appropriate over whatever it is your are trying to say above. Your attempt to sidestep the question is noted, but it does nothing to address the point.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Instead of judging homosexuals, start looking to yourself. You are too afraid. You must let go of your fear. I would explain more,

You are exactly right

but no one reads what I have to say anyway.

...and also exactly wrong.

I read what you write, and I'm glad you are a contributing member here.

To Indyman:
Welcome to ATS! Glad you've joined the conversation, and your points are valid.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Jesus says it too.

Pretty lazy of you, Starchild. If Jesus said something, and you decide to bring it into the thread, it is your responsibility to cite your information.

Jesus didn't say anything against homosexuality. My evidence is the Bible. Search all you want, you wont find it in there. If you think you find something in there, feel free to post it here.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

So...to be a christian, you must adhere to the words of......Paul?

Question for you. Could I become a christian, and not adhere to Pauls decisions and rulings, but instead follow only the words and teachings of Christ? or is Jesus not relevant...

So, I think Paul made a bunch of stuff up for whatever purposes..therefore I only follow christ.
What did Christ specifically state about homosexuality?

Fine, maybe it would help if we look at what Jesus had to say (himself) about marriage:

Matthew 19:3-6

3) The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?

4) And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5) And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6) Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Jesus didn't say anything against homosexuality. My evidence is the Bible. Search all you want, you wont find it in there. If you think you find something in there, feel free to post it here.

Jesus didn't write the Bible. Not one thing in it was written BY HIM. So, your "evidence" can be searched until we're all dust, and it will never tell you what Jesus actually "said". It's all hearsay. ALL of it.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Jesus says it too.

Are you claiming that Jesus said anything about homosexuality? Really? Ridiculous.

link   
reply to post by benrl

I am a Christian.

The real problem is as most of you have written. Hypocrisy and judgement are prevalent in many churches... but not all. Christianity is not meant to be a platform that elevates one above others in any fashion however many behave to the contrary. They become pious, self-righteous, haughty, prideful. That is the antithesis (opposite) of Christianity. As Christians we are called to love God and to love others before ourselves. To treat others as we would treat ourselves, to be humble, to stand up for what is right both morally, ethically and spiritually.

Sadly, most who call themselves Christians.. are not. Those who don't fully understand what Christianity and claim to be, are otherwise known as being "spiritually immature." Let me clarify, just because an individual attends a church, does not make them a Christian. There is much more involved.

The reason for spiritual immaturity is lack of knowledge and understanding, which stems from lack of studying the Bible. AND that comes down to a PERSONAL choice and discipline.

You see Christianity, like any other religion is a volunteer army. No one is standing over you making sure that you accomplish certain tasks with in a certain time frame. So studying the Bible, otherwise known as the Word of God is a CHOICE and it takes discipline.

Here is the real problem. Most Christians are NOT disciplined. You see, Christians are human beings too. Lets face it, human beings, for the most part, are lazy, arrogant, whiny, and apathetic.

All of those bad traits that are far too common these days must be changed. When these things are changed wisdom and understanding will take their place. (Spiritual maturity).

I have been going to church my whole life. I am now in my mid 20's, I have only recently begun to actually study the Bible. I made the CHOICE to stop being hypocritical and judgmental. The things I spoke of are things that I am still working on, it will take time though. As time moves forward, I will gain spiritual maturity, only then can I truly set my self apart from others and the world.

Notice... I said "apart from others and the world" I did not say better than others or above others.

link   
reply to post by Starchild23

The problem with Christians is that they are too simple-minded to realize that the knowledge they supposedly possess is explicit knowledge, and therefore must be translated to be imparted.

I couldn't believe the first comment you made in this thread. I found it amazing coming from you. It showed dexterity on your part.

I think what we have here is more a matter of faith. I believe God is capable of getting the message he wants us to have, to each and every one us thru his word. Thru scripture. After all a creator of the universe would be capable.
edit on 16-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Jesus says it too.

I researched it
Jesus said -crickets- about homosexuality.

Leviticus and Romans...waaay before and waaay after christ.

Ever seen a christian with a tattoo?

26 “Do not eat meat that has not been drained of its blood. “Do not practice fortune-telling or witchcraft. 27 “Do not trim off the hair on your temples or trim your beards. 28 “Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Please do not use the word Christians, as I am a christian as in I believe in Christ.

I also believe in Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual's rights. I believe that most Church members are two faced and are openly guilty of 5 of the 7 deadly sins right their in church. I believe churches are becoming nothing more than social clubs who think angels have wings, play harps, and live on clouds.

WAKE UP and actually read the bible. God is scary and angles are not your wish givers.

If you gossip or are so Prideful that you feel you can judge others, are you any less guilty of sin than a person who is gay? The simple answer is NO but yet Gossip and Pride are right out in the open at almost every church.

FEAR GOD
FEAR the Angels

If you are not guilty of a single sin, you are free to cast the first stone, otherwise SHUT UP

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Jesus says it too.

I researched it
Jesus said -crickets- about homosexuality.

Leviticus and Romans...waaay before and waaay after christ.

Ever seen a christian with a tattoo?

26 “Do not eat meat that has not been drained of its blood. “Do not practice fortune-telling or witchcraft. 27 “Do not trim off the hair on your temples or trim your beards. 28 “Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord.

You are correct, Jesus never once spoke of Homosexuality.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join