It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I'm particularly interested in how homosexuality is just being used to hate on Christians here.

The answer to that is, if the Christians can't take it, don't dish it out. It's pretty simple.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
DP
edit on 16-5-2012 by Amadeo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Please discuss the topic on hand and not each other!
Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 5-16-2012 by worldwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I am a Christian, specifically a Roman Catholic. I have many gay friends. I am happily married with 2 children. I also am a sinner. I can't help myself in making those little daily sins such as looking at another woman lustfully and thinking about having sex with her, even though I love my wife with all of my heart. I am not going to gouge out my eye though, as Jesus plainly stated, in order to get into heaven. I have read the bible, and continue to do so regularly. I don't recall reading anywhere where Jesus specifically condemned homosexual behavior, however he did condemn many other behaviors such as lust and jealousy. Now I am not defending Homosexuals or Christians in this reply. The point I wish to make is that, in my humble opinion, in the "grand" scheme of things, ones sexual orientation is a personal choice, as is lying, stealing, being unfaithful to your partner, killing another person and so the list could go on. If you believe in an "Almighty omnipresent spiritual 'creator of all' Entity" and you also believe in the hereafter then realize that it is you, and you alone, who must justify your actions before your creator.

Either way, the way you judge someone is the way you will be judged. Let he/she who is without sin cast the first stone.

If you don't believe in God, then prehaps this philosophy suits:- your parents parents were abducted by Aliens, genetically modified for hetro/homosexual reasons for your progeny (future generations) to contend with so that the illuminati can more easily "divide and conquer" whilst spitting chemtrails on all of us, faking moon landings, creating 9/11, genetically modifying our food and going cashless so we are forced to get chipped/beast marked just after the fake ufo invasion on or around 21/12/12

This is my first ever post, I am a very long time ATS viewer, recent member and I also believe in the grand cosmic conspiracy unfolding before our eyes

For all non Catholics (and some catholics too), can I leave you with this mystery solved: - The Trinity. This is the water of life, like water it is comprised of three elements and three elements only - 2 hydrogen (father & Son) and one oxygen (Holy Ghost). Add to these or take one away and you do not have water, likewise with God. In my mind, God is triune in nature and always has been. THAT IS WHY HE SAID " LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS". Don't let the father of Lies suggest it was little grey/reptilian beings who created us - thats all part of the deception that we are currently witnessing.

Love everyone - especially those who would persecute you

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewerBeing
reply to post by wiser3

I have nothing against gay people but they need to realize that it is against nature, if you want to be gay for your own personal then do what you gotta do. I don't care. You just need to see that it is not biologically right. It wasn't meant to be Man and Man.

First of all, what you are stating is an oxymoron.

Nothing is "Against Nature", because it exists. Something that is "Against Nature" cannot exist in the natural world.

Secondly, as has been widely proven, homosexuality exists throughout nature, in all species. The only difference is that animals do not have delusions about labels, or fictitious people in the sky telling them how to live. They are not raised in a delusional world where imaginary animals have a say over what they are or how they are supposed to be.

Thirdly, the labels are man-made. Gay, bisexual and straight are concepts that Humans have invented, just as we invented names for so many other intangible things.

This is why arguing with homophobes is a pointless exercise. Ignorance is rife. The majority of homophobes don't even understand the very basic principles of the natural world, basic Human psychology or even the most elementary aspects of sociology.

You cannot argue or debate effectively with people who are so uneducated. It's the equivalent of trying to teach a caveman algebra.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I agree the church that I attend is all for interacial dating and marriage but like Jay Z said discriminating against gays is like discriminating against blacks I can't stand the nonsense. And I live in the south go figure

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

reply to post by wiser3

LMFAO, a close mind, how are you trying to reason with me. You are not reasoning with yourself.

I accept gay people.

YOU obviously don't realize that it takes a man and a woman to make a child! The NATURAL way of doing it. Not a Man and a Man what is so hard to understand, everyone in this forum should agree with me. wth.

You haven't disagreed with me.. So it seems like you just don't want to accept the truth be a gay person my friend be gay all you want. No one cares, you just need to recognize whats real.

edit on 16-5-2012 by NewerBeing because: (no reason given)

YOU??? You accept GAY PEOPLE??? You make me laugh!
How do you accept gay people when you say they are against nature?

I am 53 years old, I know exactly what it takes to make a child, a man and a woman straight OR GAY, THE NATURAL WAY or in a test tube, or with a chicken baster, I don't really care!

What's real is the discrimination that is being perpertrated against gay people by people like you, the only thing is you are more dangerous than the homophobes who openly hate gays because you give yourself forth as "gay friendly" when in your heart you do hate gays!

Just by saying we are unnatural is HATE FILLED!

I truly hope that one day all of you people who feel so righteous in your gaybashing can experience discrimination, only once you have experienced it will you ever understand what it feels like!

edit on 16/5/12 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Wait, perpetual motion impossible cause we haven't created it yet? It is possible. Anything is possible.

Well, with that reasoning, perhaps gay couples will be able to reproduce with sufficient technology in the future, and hence destroy your definition.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Raelsatu

One implies a 'natural' attraction to a person of the same sex

What's 'natural' about that specifically? Homosexuals cannot reproduce. That goes completely against 'nature'.

Yes, they can reproduce. Some of them choose not to. Just because someone is gay doesn't mean that their biological processes cease to function.

/TOA

The person I quoted said attraction to the same sex was "natural". Context.

/facepalm

It absolutely IS natural. I've only ever been sexually attracted to other men. Never women. I know no other way to be. That makes it natural in my book because it is my natural inclination. Since the same inclination has also been observed in many, many animal species, who are YOU to say otherwise? You can get your so-called "facts" from an ancient book all you want, but me? I speak from experience and you can't top that.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Amadeo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
I don't recall reading anywhere where Jesus specifically condemned homosexual behavior, however he did condemn many other behaviors such as lust and jealousy. Now I am not defending Homosexuals or Christians in this reply. The point I wish to make is that, in my humble opinion, in the "grand" scheme of things, ones sexual orientation is a personal choice, as is lying, stealing, being unfaithful to your partner, killing another person and so the list could go on.

Welcome to the boards!

And I agree with you. I've not read anywhere in Scripture that specifically condemns homosexuality, and if it does, it's always in the sense of the golden mean, such as in 1 Corinthians 6:12-15.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

And you don't understand what I am saying. One I am not a homophobe, I do not fear gay people ok.

2. I said it's ok for him to be gay and whatever he wants to do.

3. Sure there are gay animals in nature as well, but I'm sure that they know that they are suppose to reproduce. That is how it is suppose to be they know.

4. Anything exists in this universe! There are obviously no rules in the wild who doesn't know that

5. I say it is against nature because a gay couple can't produce offspring, is that hard to understand?

6. Oxymoron, that is hardly an oxymoron, if my english isn't right with you then you give me the Politically Correct Term for me explaining that Man and Man can't produce offspring which is why it doesn't work in nature.

Look, I'm not here to argue with people who think I am talking about what is good and bad. Cause It seems like you skip the lines that i said when I say I accept gay people, there is nothing wrong with being gay. I am saying that Man and Man can't produce offspring, its against nature. The animals in the kiingdom that have gay sex are also goin AGAINST Nature, to satisfy their lust. Come on son.

HERE IS WHAT THE REAL PROBLEM IS - You obviously don't think you are apart of nature. A human male having sex with another male is the exact same as a male giraffe having sex with another male. TELL ME WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS? It's against nature whether you like it or not, it doesn't work. Having sex with the same sex is purely out of Lust, nothing else comes from it. I consider Masturbation against nature too, but it doesn't mean I tell people not to do it! I dont tell people not to have gay sex. but they need to realize that it's out of the natural way to do things. BUT YOU DONT HEAR ME THOUGH, you are a detached individual indeed. That's how I know you aren't with nature, cause you can't see something so plain. Man and Man can't produce offspring, If the whole world were homosexuals then what happens? Come on, man. You don't see it yet? You want to bring up animals that have same gender sex as an argument? We are apart of nature. So you are speaking for yourself when you bring them up. Fool.

Plus wouldn't you consider plastic to be against nature? It can't decompose.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Then you don't know a great deal about Christianity. I was brought up a Christian and for most of my life I had no idea what a gay person was until near adult hood and they were certainly never brought up in church.

Christianity has done a lot of horrid reprehensible things and to this day the Church itself is getting away with more horrible things but the Church is not Christianity because Christ taught that God is inside you and the Christian Elite added the Church as a means to a) gather the flock and b) collect the flocks tithings. Essentiall the Church per se insinuated itself on Christ and Christs teachings and made itself essential when it and the Preists even never were.

Now misrepresenting Christ has gone on since the beginning and it is very bad but you need to thank the church and Christianity for many good things as well as slap hands for the bad.

Mother Theresa, The Red Cross, All the first Hospitals and the idea of caring for the sick instead of letting the ill fester in the streets was thought up by Christians trying to do as Christ instructs - care for the sick. Missionaries offering education, food water and supplies to impoverished people the world over. (Agree that not all of this is entirely Christ minded self sacrifice and some may even be "evil") Thank Christians for coming up with orphanages, homes for unwed mothers. Some churches even offer asylum to the persecuted and if you are that person you will be thankful there is someone who will take your side. Modern Churches have gone political. Years ago all this stuff stayed in the closet and so nobody had a problem with it. Now we are really testing the faith. The faith is failing. Love everyone. Give everyone rights - as long as they are not heinous - take the log out of your own eye - and all our problems will go away.

Then we can finally work together to get some problems solved.
Imagine a day when Muslims (low man on the totem pole du jour) minorities, immigrants, workers, women, gays and blacks were WELCOME to participate in the "world problem solving arena" instead of standing outside fighting for their own rights. That will be the first good day.

Here are some Christian thinkers who have considerable accomplishments.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

So, continue to be gay, I didn't gay bash you, I didn't say you are a bad person for being gay. ALL i said was that Man and man can't produce offspring so it's against nature, BE GAY ALL YOU WANT. Just know that in the end of the day, it takes a man and a women to produce offspring.

It's like you can't accept what is just natural in life. And if you can't accept it then you must be ............ it.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Nobody likes homosexuals don't blame just the bible.....

I was on the phone talking to my friend stationed in Afghanistan earlier. He was complaining about them letting gay people into the army. He isn't homophobic, just hates the amount of time they take putting on their camouflage makeup.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
OMG, Christianity this, Christianity that, Jesus this, Jesus that, will you people ever shut up?

Im not very religious and dont claim to be either, but what i am is sick of is hearing people slag off Christianity, the OP states "Christianity in one word ANTI-HOMOSEXUAL" this is false, The act of man sleeping with man is the sin, and the problem, not the HOMOSEXUAL himself, and why do you insist on only mentioning Christianity? why not mention any of the other religions that dont agree with it? like..... ALL OF THEM.

In fact as far as im aware and i very well could be wrong (but i think i am right), isnt the only Religion that agrees with it SATANISM? anyway thats a cult and doesnt count. rather like your PATHETIC POST.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

As an openly gay man as well as a NON-Christian I chose to disagree with the OP. I don't think Christianity is to blame. Jesus never said one word about hating homosexuals. Just because some of his FOLLOWERS choose to distort and selectively choose what teachings they will adhere to, does not mean that Christianity is innately bad or hateful.

I have no quarrel with Christians as a whole, I have people in my life who are Christians that I love very much. I do have a problem with people who try to shove their religion down my throat or that try to tell me what "rights" are acceptable for me to have. Some Christians in my life have never had a hateful, bigoted bone in their body, others started off hateful, got to know me and my partner and "come around" to see that we are not as bad or different as they thought we were. Others are still trying, and I try to be patient with them.

The OP fails to see he is using the same logic that the people he is railing against are using. Most of the "hateful" Christians I have met have never themselves met or allowed them selves to meet (and get to know) a open, self-actualized, gay person. You will encounter people who will hate you no matte what. That is their prerogative. I choose to just stay away from those people once identified. I know first-hand that its hard not to paint people with a wide brush. But if you do, you run the risk of painting over people who can add great joy and value to your life. And this works both ways, but someone has to take the first step. For me, I chose to be that person.

There is a lot of truth in the statement "You have to BE the change you want to see in the world".

Allinmyhead

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Judge not lest thee be judged. Not my job to tell ya what you can or cannot do. Control your own life and not the lives of others.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well....wow.

Quite the stir up. Equating a major Religion to a singlular word that does not nearly describe it.

Its almost like saying "Judasim...Piglesss" or "Shinto....Drumming"

Silly. Yes, Christianity is not for homosexuality as a generalization. I personally don't agree with it, but thats my peverbial cross to bear, and it's not up to me if someone prefers to be with thier own gender sexually. I do have gay friends, one being a militant lesbian (which is getting kinda annoying) but I don't care. Thats not the point of Christianity in the slightest.

Christianity is SUPPOSED to be focused on Biblical teachings, and following through with the words of the New Testament, tempered with the severity and harsh reality of the Old. Christianity to the world should = Godly People, not = Bigots. We as a people have standards and upright, moral living; but that doesn't mean we should be equated with hate. Thats not the perogative. Morality yes, hatred no.

The main problem I can derive here, is a tantrum among the "givemegiveme whatever I want and think is what should be" generation. People in this day and age see no right and wrong, they see gray. "If these people won't let me do what I want, I hate them." As it could be said.

But then again, look at previous points, what about Islam, Judasim etc. Also not permitted in those groups.

Its just a troll against Christianity methinks.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

so why is that? Buddhism in all its spiritual diaspora isn't antihomosexual at all,

The Dalai Lama condemns homosexuality

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
While you are worrying about Christianity, the fox is at your back door, in fact the fox is spreading and fueling the fear, to take the heat off of himself.

There is a reason the fox is a liberal, and votes democrat, he uses the liberal agenda as a means to an end.

Once he has infiltrated your sacred house, all your progressive ideals will be the first laws changed, you will anathema,

WAKE UP

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join