It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Source
Yep
Not truth, not morality, not hope, none of that.

Its simply associated with being anti-homosexual, or the club for homophobes.

When asked by The Barna Group what words or phrases best describe Christianity, the top response among Americans ages 16-29 was “antihomosexual.” For a staggering 91 percent of non-Christians, this was the first word that came to their mind when asked about the Christian faith. The same was true for 80 percent of young churchgoers. (The next most common negative images? : “judgmental,” “hypocritical,” and “too involved in politics.”)

So Congratulations to the religious leaders and outspoken religious folks out there...your message of not liking "the gay" is heard loud and clear.
And also congratulations on completely isolating any potential future for your religion..lose the youth, you lose it all..

Later research, documented in Kinnaman’s You Lost Me, reveals that one of the top reasons 59 percent of young adults with a Christian background have left the church is because they perceive the church to be too exclusive, particularly regarding their LGBT friends. Eight million twenty-somethings have left the church, and this is one reason why.

I am not saying Christians should rewrite their bible, but rather, its time to put perspective on it.
Being gay is one sin, which is alright should you accept christs sacrifice
So is lying. People lie all the time.
And lets say you somehow are without sin, you are STILL going to hell unless you do the catch all, which is ultimately just accepting christ..right?

So, you lot got a choice...kick out the old fogies whom are banging their fists on tables saying we gotta hate "the gay' because they are all gay n stuff, and install some reasonable minded young ones whom see being gay about as damning as telling someone those jeans don't make them look fat (cough)....focus on the sin, and your just a bunch of judgemental jerks...focus on the love of christ and his sacrifice for all the people and the idiotic things we do, and you may win some back over time (once you shut up your anti-gay idiots).

-not gay, don't care either way what others do, but bigotry is bigotry..and its a (well deserved) dying trait that deserves no respect or attention-
edit on 15-5-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

+43 more 
posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am not Christian.

However, I will step in to say that this is so blatantly inaccurate, it's hard to view this as anything but a troll thread. Considering 95% of the Bible does not concern homosexuals, it's pretty obvious that your angle has nothing to do with truth.

With that said, I believe the word you were looking for is "Homophobia", not "Christianity".

edit on CTuesdaypm565630f30America/Chicago15 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Islam and Judaism is also anti-homosexuality. Let me ask you why in the past 50-100 years has their been a war on Judaism and Christianity? To usher in the anti-christ who advocates, mass immorality, homosexuality, murder etc. Judaism and Christianity has been corrupted and now they are currently working on Islam, hence the false 'war on terror' Islam also forbades homosexuality. How is the anti-christ going to rule the world without making people believe that homosexuality is acceptable?

+1 more 
posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

How is the anti-christ going to rule the world without making people believe that homosexuality is acceptable?

I know that would be my first step to world domination.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I am not saying Christians should rewrite their bible,

Well, I'll say it, but I don't want Christians rewriting it...they've had too much time to think things over - we may get a bible that makes sense, and who wants that..?

but rather, its time to put perspective on it.

Not until it's rewritten...so we have another Milena or two of this crap.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I am not saying Christians should rewrite their bible, but rather, its time to put perspective on it.
Being gay is one sin, which is alright should you accept christs sacrifice
So is lying. People lie all the time.
And lets say you somehow are without sin, you are STILL going to hell unless you do the catch all, which is ultimately just accepting christ..right?

You beat me to it. I know lots of heterosexual christians who themselves sin just as much as others they condemn (including myself, in my own ways). I think this is one of the big reasons that Christ taught us we'll be forgiven unconditionally if WE FORGIVE OTHERS unconditionally...or not, if we don't - we're all imperfect, but all our prices have been paid, as long as we're willing to extend the same to others.

We've all got more than enough on our own plates to bother with trying to clean up everyone else's act all the time. I think Christ even said something about planks and specks one time...the world would be a much better place if we'd all just work on making and maintaining ourselves into what we'd like everyone else to be instead of trying to recraft THEM in our own image of perfection.
edit on 5/15/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Homosexuality is so wrong in so many ways.

Religions forbids it and its against the nature.
Heck, even the #### North Korean think its bad!

All in all, its just lust that is talking and not common sense, moral or science.
I'm pretty happy and grateful born as a male lesbian.

+9 more 
posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I am not Christian.

However, I will step in to say that this is so blatantly inaccurate, it's hard to view this as anything but a troll thread. Considering 95% of the Bible does not concern homosexuals, it's pretty obvious that your angle has nothing to do with truth.

With that said, I believe the word you were looking for is "Homophobia", not "Christianity".

edit on CTuesdaypm565630f30America/Chicago15 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

I sentence you to read the ops, read the source.
This is not my personal view (I have better language for it). This is what a survey result was for 90% of young adults, 18-26 said specifically..
So, you can call the thread a troll thread
and you can call the study a troll study
and you can also call 90% of young adults today just a bunch of trolls.

Doesn't change the facts though.

link   
and most gay Xtian priests/clergy are

ironically anti-homosexual yet indulgent/promiscuous homosexuals, themselves - go figure!

the personal ironyyyyyy instrinsically injected into occult religion, sheesh.

www.slate.com... ml

www.abovetopsecret.com...

+9 more 
link   
I'm particularly interested in how homosexuality is just being used to hate on Christians here.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
More like... Delusional

Anyone over 16 who has imaginary friends and belies in fairy tales has to be deluded :lo:

Not just Christianity, I aint been bias there's no point, there all as bad as each other.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I'm particularly interested in how homosexuality is just being used to hate on Christians here.
of t

the irony that statement when you consider both biblical quotes..

as well as the bulk of clergy and their epidemic history of corruption/abuse especially targetted at...

raping helpless little boys..... then preaching what you did to them is shameful sodomy & SIN

+10 more 
posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You are wrong.
True Chrisitanity is not anti-homosexual, it's anti-sin.
Homosexuality falls in that category.
God doesn't hate the sinner he hates the sin, true christians do the same.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is entirely the christians fault.

Its the whole Hate the Sin not the Sinner thing.

Even if by your "religion" something is wrong, at least in Christianity the love for the person is what is supposed to come through...

But again most Christians don't even know much about the very holy book they claim to follow, nor much about what Christ actually said.

Christians need to focus on the Log in their eyes and not the speck in others, the entire Christian Church needs to clean its house before they start poking at others.

edit on 15-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
^ case in point

Christians tend to go around telling us who God "hates"

and again God hates homosexuals yet Christianity's leaders have an epidemic track record of homosexual rape of kids then preaching its bad - indeed anti-homosexual.

some sort of self-destructive self-hate they ware imposing onto the world while they indulge their 'sin' hypocritically to the max.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Some people on ATS need to read more, react less.

Seriously...if you just read the title and started typing, you will never understand the issue, and therefore will not help in either reversing the perception, or furthering it (depending on your agenda).

You can say...nooo, christianity isn't just anti-homosexuality...its a bunch of other stuff..rainbows, candy, etc..

ok, fine..sure
Then why do most young adults associate it, in one word, as just that?

Why?

Answer that and you might be starting to realize what a horrible marketing team the christians have today..
Reinvent, rebrand, or be removed.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
exactly!

likewise, that is why "APOLOGETICS" is such a huge endeavor in Christianity...

basically explaining why the clergy and what they are preaching, contradict each other so hypocritically

and so sacrilegiously once you factor in practicing what you preach, and the true cohesive love of God/supreme creator and all his 'creations'

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i mean,

HER creations.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
ok, fine..sure
Then why do most young adults associate it, in one word, as just that?

Because of posts list this.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Seminary secrets

The Concise Oxford Dictionary defines the word ‘seminary’ as originating from ‘semen-ary, a place of vice’ (The Concise Oxford Dictionary, p. 1131). In ancient times seminaries were male Church brothels where bishops and priests met to ‘exchange semen’ in homosexual activities in a ‘pull-pit’ (‘pulpit today’; Diderot’s Encyclopèdie, 1759). In the 1600s, the term ‘semen-arians’ was applied to the founder of the Jesuits, Ignatius Loyola (1533) and his followers, who were engaged in strange and mutual male-to-male sexual activities (Secrets of the Christian Fathers, Bishop J. W. Sergerus, 1685; also; Diderot’s Encyclopèdie, 1759). Knowledge of the existence of male priesthood brothels in Christian tradition is ‘pregnant with consequences’ (The Concise Oxford Dictionary, p. 1131) and is rarely mentioned by Church historians today. Nor is it mentioned that there is an old Christian tradition that priests were ‘anointed with semen so that they became ‘holy’, that is, separated to the God’s service’

Is this true ?

Because if it is, it's kinda ironic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join